The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which is better? Wii, PS3 or Xbox 360?

+7
Blackpsych
Dark Avorian
Ruy112
TATORZ
blank
The Empty Lord
MorbiusMonster
11 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Which is better? Wii, PS3 or Xbox 360? Empty Which is better? Wii, PS3 or Xbox 360?

Post by MorbiusMonster Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:34 am

This may have nothing to do with RuneScape at all, but I just felt like knowing. Which consoles do you prefer? The Wii, the PS3 or the Xbox 360?

I personally prefer the Wii, because of the variety of games is a little more, how should I put it, user friendly. Also, it ahas something to do with the fact I really can't afford the games of the other consoles. I also have a PS3 but rarely ever used it and never see much of it these days, mainly because of compatibility issues and the price of brand new games, which is a shame since there are a handful I do actually like.

In my own opinion I find the Wii, whilst not the most graphically exceptional, offers a different playing experience because of the Wiimote and a range of games to match (with Okami being my uttermost favourite), that I just genuinely prefer due to dislike of overly violent content. I find that the PS3 and Xbox 360 are whores for graphics and sound quality, which is alright if you prefer their range of games (which I sadly do not). I always thought the PS3 as the console being aimed at people who's first console(s) were the Playstation and PS2 and so have grown up and the PS3 is the console aimed at those adolescents/young-adults who prefer more adult or complex games.

What about anyone else?

Last edited by MorbiusMonster on Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:50 am; edited 1 time in total
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 2641

Back to top Go down

Which is better? Wii, PS3 or Xbox 360? Empty Re: Which is better? Wii, PS3 or Xbox 360?

Post by MorbiusMonster Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:44 am

I can tell how RuneScape would be released on all consoles if it made spin-offs.

The Wii would have a more PC based game, using the Wiimote as a cursor along with the Wii Keyboard, although they might break the mould slightly and make it more duelling based, featuring swinging the Wiimote to imitate sword motion, casting spells or aligned correctly to form a bow for ranged. It's storyline would be less restrictive, from either being a spin-off story or the current storyline we currently play, just being featured as a client on the Wii (depending on the price, it might actually offer a certain number of months of membership in any case or Wii channels that link direct to the forums, grand exchange etc.)

The PS3 and XBox360 would hire a whole HD graphical approach, with a greater level capacity than the Wii. Due to the lack of a PC style function, the storyline would feature more around the likes of the Signature heroes that Jagex mentioned as opposed to the current storyline we are all familiar with. However, there would be less variability due to the limits of the control pad in comparison to the Wii remote (plus our audience may be disapproving of a game that started on the internet and is incredibly politically correct (British origins aside)).
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Which is better? Wii, PS3 or Xbox 360? Empty Re: Which is better? Wii, PS3 or Xbox 360?

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:48 am

What compatibility issues are you on about lol? PS3 is the only console which is backwards compatible with all it's predecessor's games. Tongue

I prefer the Xbox 360 for the community, the PS3 for their exclusives and I only like the Wii when I'm drunk. The Wii is the family's, but I own both the others. Smile

My Xbox has red ringed, but I had it back within the week and it was all very simple. But my PS3 isn't failproof - it regularly jams (sometimes accompanied by a high pitched wail that makes me **** bricks).

I couldn't say which I prefer, though.

Steam are currently making themselves compatibility with the PS3. When this happens, if it happens, the PS3 will be the best hands down. Especially if they do like when they made it compatible with the Apple OS - if you own one, you own them both. Smile
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:59 am

MorbiusMonster wrote:I can tell how RuneScape would be released on all consoles if it made spin-offs.

The Wii would have a more PC based game, using the Wiimote as a cursor along with the Wii Keyboard, although they might break the mould slightly and make it more duelling based, featuring swinging the Wiimote to imitate sword motion, casting spells or aligned correctly to form a bow for ranged. It's storyline would be less restrictive, from either being a spin-off story or the current storyline we currently play, just being featured as a client on the Wii (depending on the price, it might actually offer a certain number of months of membership in any case or Wii channels that link direct to the forums, grand exchange etc.)

The PS3 and XBox360 would hire a whole HD graphical approach, with a greater level capacity than the Wii. Due to the lack of a PC style function, the storyline would feature more around the likes of the Signature heroes that Jagex mentioned as opposed to the current storyline we are all familiar with. However, there would be less variability due to the limits of the control pad in comparison to the Wii remote (plus our audience may be disapproving of a game that started on the internet and is incredibly politically correct (British origins aside)).

I can see how RuneScape would work on the console, but I'm not sure if it's a worthwhile venture. The Wii's fanbase doesn't really have enough players who would be interested in a RuneScape style game, well, from the people I know who have a Wii.

I suppose it would work quite well on the PS3 and 360, but I wonder if it would just be too similar to Fable. Player-communication would be microphones or none at all; trading would work. There would have to be an Action Button which chops trees and stuff. But you'd just be living out stories. But I wonder if the game would be too lonely. The console can't handle MMO; Fable just has bubbles for other players. Without the competition, friends, etc, it'd probably be too long and quiet.

Of course, they'd all have to be independent games... MAYBE but PS3 and 360 on the same servers if the games are identical.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:01 am

The compatibility issues I am talking about relate with the HDMI input that the PS3 demands (I've tried it without and nothing interesting happened). I have only one TV that can support this kind of console, but even then I have problems with it (lack of sound being one such issue).

Also another question, if Arzonus or Zavionce did make it to console, which would it suceed better on? Imagine if the two went to competition like Mario and Sonic?
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:10 am

I suppose it would work quite well on the PS3 and 360, but I wonder if it would just be too similar to Fable. Player-communication would be microphones or none at all; trading would work. There would have to be an Action Button which chops trees and stuff. But you'd just be living out stories. But I wonder if the game would be too lonely. The console can't handle MMO; Fable just has bubbles for other players. Without the competition, friends, etc, it'd probably be too long and quiet.

I wasn't implying that it would be an MMORPG like on the Internet, but rather a storyline set either in the past or the future in case it wouldn't work. I thought it would work in a similar way to the actual RuneScape where new missions would be available to play all the time (which you could download using either XBox Live or the Playstation Store), but you would have a preset cast with differing abilities and maybe some skills could be omitted from the process. Or it could be the game based on the novel or the signature heroes.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:28 am

MorbiusMonster wrote:The compatibility issues I am talking about relate with the HDMI input that the PS3 demands (I've tried it without and nothing interesting happened). I have only one TV that can support this kind of console, but even then I have problems with it (lack of sound being one such issue).

Also another question, if Arzonus or Zavionce did make it to console, which would it suceed better on? Imagine if the two went to competition like Mario and Sonic?

PS3 doesn't require HDMI... it comes with the standard 3-piece cable and the 3-piece to scart adapter thingy.

Wait, which would succeed more or which console they'd succeed better on?
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:36 am

Try both.

Last edited by MorbiusMonster on Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:45 am; edited 1 time in total
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:41 am

I don't know. Wasn't there a question on the polls asking which console players owned?
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by blank Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:33 am

PS3, they have God of War ^^
blank
blank
Proselyte

Number of posts : 461

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:48 am

God of War <3

GoW (both trilogies) are the only reason I own both consoles. Wink
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:47 am

Never played either of them. Not had the resources for them.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:32 am

Gears of War 1, 2 and (upcoming) 3 - Xbox 360, you don't own (fair enough Wink).
God of War 1 and 2 - PS2 (cheap and plays on the PS3)
God of War 3 - PS3, which I still don't understand why yours doesn't work Confuse

You don't have to use the HDMI cable: use the scart lead. I don't believe that your TV doesn't have a scart-port...
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:14 am

My TV does have a scart port, but still it didn't work, I have no idea why, the manual didn't list anything on it.

No point discussing it now however, I'll be in China for the net two weeks.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:16 am

Plugging in the scart lead would be in the PS3 Manual, but configuring the TV would be in the TV manual. You did go to the AV channel didn't you? Wink
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by blank Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:50 pm

God of War should be the only reason you own those consoles ^^ I bought a PS3 especially for the third one Grin(for which I am saving now ^^)
blank
blank
Proselyte

Back to top Go down

Post by TATORZ Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:03 am

I only own a wii and I love it... but it's like it seems that no one wants to push it, especially in online play.

I have friends with both xboxs and ps3s and they both claim their's is best... but I don't know. I think the PS3 is (or at least was) more expensive, but it also has free online play. But I think the Xbox is better for online experience with more options for you and your friends... but that said, there's more 'hardcore' gamers which can make recreational gaming angering.

There was a poll that asked what console you had.
TATORZ
TATORZ
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Number of posts : 2458

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:15 am

jeroenvt wrote:God of War should be the only reason you own those consoles ^^ I bought a PS3 especially for the third one Grin(for which I am saving now ^^)

That was the actual reason I bought the PS3 and it remains the best back I own. Tongue

I think I bought my Xbox for Halo, because at the time it was the *it* game. Gears of War came with it, and I think I enjoyed (still enjoy) Gears of War more than Halo. Smile
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:49 pm

I personally believe the success of the Wii lies in three important factors.

1. The unique gameplay offered with the WiiMote and Nunchuck varies gameplay (and the mindless drones of Sony who've lost their imagination plan to steal it!).

2. It is more family orientated than other consoles, particularly games like WiiSports, WiiSports Resort and Wii Fit.

3. They have the largest range of characters solely related to the band name. You have Mario, Link, Pokemon, Kirby, Fox and several others. THe Playstation once had Spyro as sole console characters (in the early days before Insomniac games left it and the character was bought by Sierra), and now the Playstation's sole characters is Ratchett and Clank, and as for the Xbox? The HALO team.

That's right, I've found time in my busy schedule to contact you all in this heated debate.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:06 pm

Sony stole nothing.

1) It's not that unique, and Sony didn't necessarily steal it. Plymouth University, and I only mention them because I went to an open day there and know it from them, developed the WiiMote back in 2002-2003. Obviously not called that, but they developed it for a Star Wars-esque training simulator. They never patented it, but they have records to prove it. It's parallel designing... both wished to meat the same ends. Tongue

2) So? I don't play the console for my family. Also, and I don't know if others share this scenario, but I'm the only one who buys the games. For a family console... I sure feel alone with the expenses. Wink

3) That's not really an argument for the console. That's more of preference... if you want lots of unique species and such, Wii. If you want dynamic human characters, you play Xbox and PS3. You will also notice that the Wii has the fewest "blockbuster" names. Yeah, you can name the characters... but that's not the games. Also... most characters you associate with Nintendo are actually no more Nintendo then games such as Call of Duty. They were released for both Sega and Nintendo when they were the competing consoles.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruy112 Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:28 am

I own a PS3, though I don't own that many games, because I am quite picky (They are immensely expensive here), but if anyone knew any good games they could mention them here *nodge nodge wink wink*
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1623

Back to top Go down

Post by blank Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:26 am

MorbiusMonster wrote:I personally believe the success of the Wii lies in three important factors.

1. The unique gameplay offered with the WiiMote and Nunchuck varies gameplay (and the mindless drones of Sony who've lost their imagination plan to steal it!).

2. It is more family orientated than other consoles, particularly games like WiiSports, WiiSports Resort and Wii Fit.

3. They have the largest range of characters solely related to the band name. You have Mario, Link, Pokemon, Kirby, Fox and several others. THe Playstation once had Spyro as sole console characters (in the early days before Insomniac games left it and the character was bought by Sierra), and now the Playstation's sole characters is Ratchett and Clank, and as for the Xbox? The HALO team.

That's right, I've found time in my busy schedule to contact you all in this heated debate.

Don't forget the fact that if you let loose of your controller, it'll rip your television to shreds!!! How could you not know that unique ability ^^
blank
blank
Proselyte

Back to top Go down

Post by blank Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:28 am

Anyone who does not like God of War should be dragged out into the streets and sho - I mean forced to play it Which is better? Wii, PS3 or Xbox 360? 71854
blank
blank
Proselyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruy112 Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:36 am

I played it Tongue
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1623

Back to top Go down

Post by blank Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:27 am

Good boy ^^
blank
blank
Proselyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next