The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which is better? Wii, PS3 or Xbox 360?

+7
Blackpsych
Dark Avorian
Ruy112
TATORZ
blank
The Empty Lord
MorbiusMonster
11 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Which is better? Wii, PS3 or Xbox 360? - Page 3 Empty Which is better? Wii, PS3 or Xbox 360?

Post by MorbiusMonster Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:34 am

First topic message reminder :

This may have nothing to do with RuneScape at all, but I just felt like knowing. Which consoles do you prefer? The Wii, the PS3 or the Xbox 360?

I personally prefer the Wii, because of the variety of games is a little more, how should I put it, user friendly. Also, it ahas something to do with the fact I really can't afford the games of the other consoles. I also have a PS3 but rarely ever used it and never see much of it these days, mainly because of compatibility issues and the price of brand new games, which is a shame since there are a handful I do actually like.

In my own opinion I find the Wii, whilst not the most graphically exceptional, offers a different playing experience because of the Wiimote and a range of games to match (with Okami being my uttermost favourite), that I just genuinely prefer due to dislike of overly violent content. I find that the PS3 and Xbox 360 are whores for graphics and sound quality, which is alright if you prefer their range of games (which I sadly do not). I always thought the PS3 as the console being aimed at people who's first console(s) were the Playstation and PS2 and so have grown up and the PS3 is the console aimed at those adolescents/young-adults who prefer more adult or complex games.

What about anyone else?

Last edited by MorbiusMonster on Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:50 am; edited 1 time in total
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 2641

Back to top Go down

Which is better? Wii, PS3 or Xbox 360? - Page 3 Empty Re: Which is better? Wii, PS3 or Xbox 360?

Post by MorbiusMonster Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:27 am

I just prefer Nintendo because it is significantly cheaper and better value for money than the PlayStation. I have a PlayStation 3 and a Wii, but mostly prefer the latter as the former proves to be extremely expensive to provide the latest games, and the range isn't as broad to my liking as the Wii.

And in response as to how much Nintendo is paying me, well how much would you pay me for doing research to prove your console is the better against its competitors and find the fatal flaws in the rivals?

MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Which is better? Wii, PS3 or Xbox 360? - Page 3 Empty Re: Which is better? Wii, PS3 or Xbox 360?

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:25 am

"value for money" is subjunctive.

Also, I wouldn't pay you anything to support anything. I own all three. I think the Wii is just a gimmick, and the PS3 is just something I play exclusives on. I prefer the Xbox 360 purely because all my friends own it and we can game online. It's Just About the Gaming EXperience, after all. The Wii's only fun with other people in the same room... their online community is a joke.

As for Apple, their downside is how locked their platform is. I wouldn't mind if they weren't so incompatible with what *I* know. Smile
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:51 pm

Okay, I'll grant you that about the Wii having a not very varied online community, and a lot of other things.

However, there are two facts that still stand.

The PC still outstands all three in function, both online and in performance.

The DS is more sucessful than the PSP.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:09 pm

Gimmicks sell better, and generally most people don't buy multiple platforms. The DS was a gimmick and noone really had need of the PSP. Tongue

As for the PC, I prefer the console for some games. Although an analogue stick usually fixes that. I find getting the correct sensativity is annoying. Sigh
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Kandarin Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:47 am

Xbox is better hands down.
Sir Kandarin
Sir Kandarin
Proselyte

Number of posts : 192

Back to top Go down

Post by Kideras Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:08 am

I like both the Wii and the 360. because Nintendo will always be the best, most innovative, and the original. and I keep a 360 around for Halo and The Elder Scrolls
Kideras
Kideras
Initiate

Number of posts : 67

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:10 am

Why hello there. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kideras Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:33 am

^ hello yourself (yes I am new)
Kideras
Kideras
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:58 am

I can see that. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kideras Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:01 am

just read this a few minutes ago,

the Wii 2 is not in development, but nintendo are looking at ideas, they don't want to reveal anything yet because they don't want anyone (sony) stealing their idea

heres hoping for true virtual reality
Kideras
Kideras
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:18 am

So they have a motion sensitive controller? It's not like indie games haven't been using them for years.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kideras Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:01 am

3mptylord wrote:So they have a motion sensitive controller? It's not like indie games haven't been using them for years.

but nintendo is the first console to use it, and nintendo has a record of innovation, the DS has a touch screen, the wii has motion control as dominant controls, and and 3DS has 3d with no need for glasses, hopefully the wii 2 will have better motion control, and maybe 3d as well,

Which is better? Wii, PS3 or Xbox 360? - Page 3 Moz-screenshot-3
Kideras
Kideras
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:25 am

Nintendo create innovation from existing technologies - yet it's stealing for other consoles to use the technology also?

The announcement for the 3DS comes after Sony announces that the PS3 will have 3D gaming, and the technology for glassless 3D is already available in televisions... Nintendo haven't created anything new here. They're just releasing a handheld 3D gaming platform.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kideras Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:30 am

has there ever been a 3d handheld before? i have never heard of one, and ninty announced that they had been developing games for the 3ds since early 2008, long before 3d playstation, and besides, the Paystation 3 (not a typo) actually has original motion controls, the camera tracks the controller, unlike the other motion controls, but nintendo did it first, and it was successful, so sony hopped on the bandwagon, not much wrong with that, it would just be hard to steal nintendos lead
Kideras
Kideras
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:35 am

Did I contest the fact the it was going to be the first 3D handheld?

Although... I'm not sure how amazing it will actually be. Nintendo has never really been known for amazing graphics and I'm not sure how much better a square will look being a cube. Wink

Urgh... camera tracking motion sensors isn't new. I believe that's how Gollum was made in Lord of the Rings. In fact... I think that's how all motion tracking is done. Isn't it?

Accelerometers and stuff, or that 6-axis thing, isn't motion tracking it's motion sensing... it only detects when something moves, not where it moves. Tongue

In fact... didn't the Eyetoy, released for the PS2, have motion tracking? I believe you could even buy wands and stuff to go with it.

Last edited by 3mptylord on Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:40 am; edited 1 time in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kideras Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:39 am

3mptylord wrote:Did I contest the fact the it was going to be the first 3D handheld?

you made it sound like you didn't think nintendo was doing anything new, and when i said that the playstation move was original, I meant for the current console generation
Kideras
Kideras
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:42 am

I said the technology wasn't new.

I think I started off by "Nintendo create innovation from existing technologies..."

Nintendo have the luxury that there's no competition in the handheld market. The PSP is a completely different product - although that never really kicked off.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kideras Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:46 am

nintendo does use existing tech yes, but they don't have a research team, what they do is still incredible.

also if you think the 3ds will have bad graphics, look at the trailer for Icarus, in fact, look at any of the metroid prime games, they have some of the best graphics for their time ever, prime one was released close to the time of halo 1, and prime one looked infinitely better, I think that prime 1 would look like current gen today, if you take into account the visor effects, the smoke that comes out of samus' arm cannon after rapid fire, there's a reason my avatar is the screwattack symbol
Kideras
Kideras
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:40 am

I'm not saying they don't have good graphics, I said their not known for complicated graphics. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kideras Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:02 pm

I don't see the difference in, "good" or "complicated" graphics.
Kideras
Kideras
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:34 pm

The words your missing is 'having' and 'being known for'...

Good and complicated is just because I don't like reusing adjectives so close together... It sounds sloppy and poorly written when I read it to myself. Linguistic OCD. Tongue

It's one of the reasons I don't finish any literature I start... I keep thinking to myself, I've already used that word.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:09 pm

Also complicated is far less subjective than "good"
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:39 am

You thought a subjective word was I, he, she, etc. My literacy is already dire, you're gonna confuse me. Sad

EDIT: Sorry, objective was me, him, her.

Last edited by 3mptylord on Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:08 am; edited 1 time in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:05 am

O_O what ^

Subjective basically means liable to changes from person to person.

Objective is unlikely to change...(actually it should never change)

Complicated is far less subject to interpretation and differences of opinion than "good"
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:10 am

Oooh. Tongue

But the adjective still wasn't really the point I was making in the sentence though... Wink
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:22 am

Kideras wrote:I don't see the difference in, "good" or "complicated" graphics.
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next