The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which is better? Wii, PS3 or Xbox 360?

+7
Blackpsych
Dark Avorian
Ruy112
TATORZ
blank
The Empty Lord
MorbiusMonster
11 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Which is better? Wii, PS3 or Xbox 360? - Page 4 Empty Which is better? Wii, PS3 or Xbox 360?

Post by MorbiusMonster Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:34 am

First topic message reminder :

This may have nothing to do with RuneScape at all, but I just felt like knowing. Which consoles do you prefer? The Wii, the PS3 or the Xbox 360?

I personally prefer the Wii, because of the variety of games is a little more, how should I put it, user friendly. Also, it ahas something to do with the fact I really can't afford the games of the other consoles. I also have a PS3 but rarely ever used it and never see much of it these days, mainly because of compatibility issues and the price of brand new games, which is a shame since there are a handful I do actually like.

In my own opinion I find the Wii, whilst not the most graphically exceptional, offers a different playing experience because of the Wiimote and a range of games to match (with Okami being my uttermost favourite), that I just genuinely prefer due to dislike of overly violent content. I find that the PS3 and Xbox 360 are whores for graphics and sound quality, which is alright if you prefer their range of games (which I sadly do not). I always thought the PS3 as the console being aimed at people who's first console(s) were the Playstation and PS2 and so have grown up and the PS3 is the console aimed at those adolescents/young-adults who prefer more adult or complex games.

What about anyone else?

Last edited by MorbiusMonster on Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:50 am; edited 1 time in total
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 2641

Back to top Go down

Which is better? Wii, PS3 or Xbox 360? - Page 4 Empty Re: Which is better? Wii, PS3 or Xbox 360?

Post by Dark Avorian Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:22 am

Kideras wrote:I don't see the difference in, "good" or "complicated" graphics.

Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550

Back to top Go down

Which is better? Wii, PS3 or Xbox 360? - Page 4 Empty Re: Which is better? Wii, PS3 or Xbox 360?

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:04 am

3mptylord wrote:The words your missing is 'having' and 'being known for'...
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:05 am

And now we're back to how me and Kideras left the conversation on the last page. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:11 am

I was merely pointing out the true semantic difference between the two adjectives..
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:30 am

The next greatest innovation to be designed...

A device that sends disruptive electrical signals from 3mptylord's keyboard to his fingers to prevent them from moving by disrupting action potentials across the motor neurone membrane.

Result - 3mptylord can no longer type using his fingers for a short while, resorting to using his head to compulsively type and knocking himself out, effectively several hours of silence on his part.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:35 am

"Don't answer back."
--Parents when they're losing an argument.

We're not even arguing. This is a debate. What do you expect from a "Which is better?" thread?

I don't even have much of a preference on this topic - so I'm just on the defence.

If you're going to dislike something, dislike it good and proper. Not because you're suppose to.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kideras Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:46 am

I don't believe I actually gave a good reason for disliking sony. So i will now make a list
Ps3 started at 600 DAMNED DOLLARS
the PS3 has very few good exclusives compared to other consoles
I am not a big fan of shooters, which is what the ps3 is known for
kevin butler is arrogant
sony is arrogant
i don't like them
umm, thats about it
Kideras
Kideras
Initiate

Number of posts : 67

Back to top Go down

Post by TATORZ Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:03 am

I'm pretty unbiased myself. Half my friends are like ZOMG XBOX IS TEH BEST and the other half are like PS3 FTW... and I huddle in the corner with my wii.

I think I have the unusual ability to play all three consoles about equally well
TATORZ
TATORZ
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Number of posts : 2458

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:43 am

I can play all equally well... but that's relative to each other and not other players. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:57 am

The only reason my dad bought a PS3 was for his girlfriend, and she turned out to be a tart so we kept it and he only uses it to watch DVDs. Says something doesn't it?
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:01 am

It doesn't really say anything about the console. If your not interested in the games and thus don't use it... what exactly is the fault in the console.

That's be like saying;
"The only reason I bought the gameboy was to play Pokemon with my friends. Now I've go the DS it's just a paperweight. Says something about the gameboy doesn't it?"
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:13 am

3mptylord wrote:It doesn't really say anything about the console. If your not interested in the games and thus don't use it... what exactly is the fault in the console.

It says that the games are a waste of money.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:17 am

With all my skills at paraphrasing I can't make what you said equate to "the games being a waste of money."

Yeah -- all those Pokemon games are a waste of money because I've outgrown the platform.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:26 am

They've got a lot more action than you'll ever get. You're just a suicidal finger.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:26 am

What the hell nonsequitur morbius
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:41 am

MorbiusMonster wrote:They've got a lot more action than you'll ever get. You're just a suicidal finger.

This sounds like another perfect time to use my "Don't answer back." argument... resorting to insults when you've got nothing valid to say.

I'm not sure how profane and blue humoured you are, and everyone else for that matter, to be witty in retaliation to that comment. Smile

<~>

Online Community;
• I don't like the PS3 because the community is weak.
• I don't like the Wii because there is no community.
• I don't like the Xbox because the community has too many elitists - but I mainly play with friends so I don't care too much.

Gaming;
• I don't like the PS3 because there are too many exclusives and it's a case of quantity not quality.
• I don't like the Wii because it's just reusing the same characters/restricted game engine. Novelty wears off.
• I don't like the Xbox because... I don't know if I have a reason for disliking Xbox games.

Unique features;
• I don't like the PS3 because I don't care about BlueRay. However, I might care when 3D gaming/films come out.
• I don't like the Wii because... well, I don't have a reason. However, I dislike how pretentious people get about their uniqueness.
• I don't like the Xbox because... for no reason. They are just a console compatible with next gen - it doesn't have special features.

Interactive;
• I don't like the PS3... I haven't used it, so I can't comment.
• I don't like the Wii... see unique features above.
• I don't like the Xbox because Kinect is not going to be fully supportive of lazy people/disabled people. Only games designed for seated gameplay will work seated. (for the time being anyway)
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:46 am

Basically, you hate all games consoles. Now you've stated your opinion, that's the end of it.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:03 am

I don't hate all consoles. I stated things I disliked in each category because reasons to like something are generally harder to define, are subjective and likely to be disputed by other players or just offer no contribution to a pros/cons list.

Pro, free online gaming. Con, few quality exclusives.
Troll, they stole the idea from Nintendo // PS3 has no game.

Pro, good online gaming. Con, online gaming isn't free.
Troll, RROD trolololol // Xbox can't game.

Pro, unique gameplay. Con, gimmick/novelty gameplay.
Troll, yeah, if you want to break your TV // "For when you're bored of playing it on the DS."

It's one thing I hate about Apple. They don't actually advertise their product, they just advertise why you shouldn't use another product (which is usually less than subtly targeted). It peeves me off. ...and thus far most of what you've told me about the Wii is how much you hate Sony. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kideras Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:53 am

everyone has something to dislike about each console, you would be lying to yourself if you didn't, but you are taking it way too far, what are you, a computer elitist?
Kideras
Kideras
Initiate

Number of posts : 67

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:08 am

How have I taken it too far? My favourite console is the Xbox, unless blood-alcohol level is above whatever... then it's the Wii. The PS3 is just for exclusives that I want... like God of War.

I don't actually game all that much on the computer... 'cept for TF2 and arcade-type games.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:33 am

A major issue with the Wii is the HD capabilities aren't as standard with the console. You can purchase adapters that enable the use of HD, but no game so far is solely for HD on the Wii. I purchased such a cable, because I believed it would improve the quality, but that was really all it did.

I've not found any games for the Wii that depend on being HD, though I hope the upcoming Sonic Colours (or Sonic 4) will have some degree of HD in it as Sonic Unleashed did with the PS3 and XBOX 360.

I wouldn't mind paying good money for Wii HD games, because they may not be able to boast much against their competitors, but the audience will be different so the games they'd release or rerelease in HD would be the sort of games I like to play.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:58 am

I love Wii games! Meow
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:52 am

The major selling point of Wii HD would be that the discs could store greater capacities of data. Therefore, games that are broadly released (notably the Lego games and the Sonic games) can be released as ED and HD versions on the Wii. For people with the standard console, regular Wii games will be available, whereas those who have HD tvs and paid for their Wii to be upgraded by an official supplier with be able to use Wii HD games.

It is noticeable that the games released on alternate consoles have a wider variety of extras and features. Case in point; Sonic Unleashed. The Wii version is a very basic version of the game with all the levels having standard forms, but the XBOX 360 and PS3 versions include a greater variety of levels, including the Mazuri day and night stages and Empire City.

The key selling point of Wii HD is that it is entirely optional. Some games can be released in both HD and ED, but some may be exclusive to either level of detail, with notably fewer on HD only so that it isn't seen as compulsive to purchase the upgrade for enjoyment of the console.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:55 am

So... will Wii HD have PS3/360 graphics? (like, the good ones lol)
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:26 am

Of course. You will only need to pay for official upgrades to be put in place, the specific cable needed and, in some cases for games adapted to control pads, a Gamecube controller.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:30 am

So...

Wait, that sounds less awesome. They've just decided that they aren't making enough money so they are going to backtrack to standard controls, "standard" graphics...?

If it was just awesome graphics with the same awesome Wii then sure... but, also old controllers?

Also - specific cable? What, HDMI? I'd've thought that they'd've just gone for HD meaning High Quality with the option of actually being High Definition... similar to the PS3 and the 360. It's high quality... but you can go up even further with a HD screen.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next