The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Armadyl, Saradomin and the Gods

+3
Amascut
Slayer Noir
The Empty Lord
7 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Armadyl, Saradomin and the Gods - Page 3 Empty Armadyl, Saradomin and the Gods

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:03 am

First topic message reminder :

I started reading, but it's late and my eyes starte hurting... And I still have HP: MOR to read, do I thought I'd save some eye-juices for that.

But I wanted to reply to this image;

Dark Avorian wrote:Armadyl, Saradomin and the Gods - Page 3 596px-God_empires

Whenever I drew that map I was always a lot more generous to the Elves, given that Kandarin and Candarn are so similar, I always assumed try held most of that area. I then also gave Bandos the Feldip region. Although, I never actually thought until now... Was Bandos even here in the 2nd Age? I know goblins came from Yu'something.

*shrugs* always found placing Armadyl on the map a little odd. I often resigned myself to thinking he either governed floating islands, or perhaps he was just another Zarosian general (and so falls under his region).

Nice to see it drawn up. Smile
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Armadyl, Saradomin and the Gods - Page 3 Empty Re: Armadyl, Saradomin and the Gods

Post by MorbiusMonster Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:15 am

Just stay away from the werewolves. They're mine!

MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 2641

Back to top Go down

Armadyl, Saradomin and the Gods - Page 3 Empty Re: Armadyl, Saradomin and the Gods

Post by Djjulien Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:58 am

Oh, erm... I'm sorry, but due to a meteorite impact exactly on all Werewolf inhabited areas, they all, unfortunately died...
Ah well, there still are the leaves of the trees to write about Tongue

On a much brighter and serious note:
I just finished writing my newest quest series and rewriting all the others too. I posted them on the Runescape Forums Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
I would very much like for you all to read it Smile

Quick find code:
185-186-118-63676658
Djjulien
Djjulien
Squire

Number of posts : 38

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:27 am

Lay a finger near the lycanthropes and I will make you wish you could die.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:29 am

Djjulien wrote:3mprty,

You spoke of a possible cycle of creation and destruction, I replied by saying that, while that may still be possible, I doubt that the dragonkin are responsible Tongue

I'll respond to the people on page 5 in my next post Smile

Someone else said that the dragonkin are the Stone's white blood cells. I haven't kept up with dragonkin lore, so I don't know. I also don't mean to say it's always Githix. Smile
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:42 am

In all seriousness, this is what I plan to talk about in due time with Zaros.

Zaros was not a god of evil or of corruption; most people acquire that unfortunate conclusion based on the more unsavoury of his followers and by the powers they wield. It is known by the Arzonus werewolves that Zaros was/is the God of Conquest; his station was to be the guardian of this world from those beyond.

However, in order to provide adequate defence, his needs were the conquest of RuneScape, taking most of Forinthry and a great deal of other kingdoms for his own as a force to protect this world. When he was banished, the barriers between worlds broke and all kinds of life forms came through.

The Zarosian werewolves then established themselves as the Gatekeepers and Arzonus was founded. Their job was to keep portals open to the correct planes such as the Spirit World and the Dream Plane, but keeping others under check. Usually, an air of deciet was required and so a lot of their work goes uncredited, for if they assumed responsibility, those who wish those powers for their own or to belong under the name of other deities would otherwise ruin their good work.

Thanks to Arzonus being positioned near rare minerals needed for the job, their closeness to Zaros and his work and their chance encounter with the Stone of Jas, they were able to protect this world from other planes in secrecy. The war made this job a great deal harder, but they've maintained relative strength in their job.

A great deal is revealed in the Pandoran Boxes and in the Nightmare Begins.

Last edited by MorbiusMonster on Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:51 am; edited 2 times in total
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Djjulien Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:48 am

3mpty,

Very well, glad we cleared that up.
Btw, I would also like you to read my quests, you've proven to be a quite capable lore-ist Smile

MorbiusMonster,

The same request goes to you Smile

The world gate opened before Zaros arrived on Gielinor.

But it's an interesting story, I'm a bit too tired to read it thoroughly (just spent 4 and a half hours putting up a thread on Runescape Forums Tongue ), so I'll read it again tomorrow.

Cheers!

Djjulien
Djjulien
Djjulien
Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:03 am

Like I said, I'll find a moment to read it.

A moment is all I need and all I am allowed.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:34 am

I followed the QFC, and you'll need much more than a moment to read it all. Tongue

I too, will be looking at it more closely when my studies allow
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1248

Back to top Go down

Post by Djjulien Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:51 pm

Great Smile

But you're quite right, you'll need quite a few moments if you are going to read it Tongue

400 posts exactly (including reserved posts)
Djjulien
Djjulien
Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:58 pm

Provided Arzonus isn't undermined because of this, I'll be okay to read it.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:08 pm

Quite an interesting bit of lore there, Morbius. But I'm still unable to overlook some of the peeves I have with the whole thing you've got building.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Djjulien Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:01 am

MorbiusMonster,

I reread your idea for lore and it does not, necessarily, conflict with what I wrote, seeing as both are a different side of a coin that is partially the same.
I guess you'll have to ask yourself, after reading my series:
"Which one of the two sources is most reliable", or are they both correct? Tongue

Well, I hope you enjoy my quest series Smile
Djjulien
Djjulien
Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:12 am

Djjulien,

I've decided to start reading your trilogy first, purely because the name sounds most intriguing. By the looks of it, I'll have feedback in a couple of days time.

Might I recommend, by the way, that you create your own blogspace on here, for all matters concerning you? That way, you won't have to post off-topic information on other discussions to advertise your work. There's a section of this website dedicated specifically to blogs.
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Djjulien Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:52 am

Mind you that the Trilogy is the least impressive of the lot Tongue

If it is lore on Gods you're after, you'd be better off reading The Supreme One's Quest Series Tongue

Just saying.

Very well, I shall do so immediately Smile
Djjulien
Djjulien
Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by Djjulien Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:36 am

Hmmm, I changed my mind. I have no desire to start a blog, takes up way too much time I don't have, really.
And since the discussion on the quests will be held on the Runescape Forum thread, I see no reason why to make a post here.
Djjulien
Djjulien
Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:09 am

You've misunderstood me. You don't need a blog so that you can inform us of everything to do with your life. We don't need to know what time you went to bed last night, what you had for breakfast or who your favourite band is.

It's just in situations like this, when you want to advertise something concerning you, that's off topic on other threads, a blog is the best place to do it. It takes up virtually no extra time, you're just posting there instead of here.
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Djjulien Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:01 am

Please, I know what you meant, however, I would have to keep it updated or people will lose interest and, well, I don't forsee me writing much more in the near future (unless that thread I just made gets a satisfactory result, and if that is the case, I can always start such a thread then). Smile
And since the discussion on the quests will be held on the Runescape Forum thread, I see no reason why to make another post here concerning the same thing Tongue
Djjulien
Djjulien
Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by Djjulien Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:05 am

Besides, the quest series The Supreme One actually does shed some light on the matter this thread is supposed to be all about: the Gods Smile

So, back on topic.

Personally, I find it odd that Guthix is so powerful and the way history is written, he seems to always have been so powerful... I don't buy that he got so powerful all by himself (or maybe he did, but took the power from other beings, I think Amascut would agree with me on that one, considering she wrote a whole quest about that).

What do you guys think of Guthix?
Djjulien
Djjulien
Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:47 am

Guthix?

MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Djjulien Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:30 am

Well, if you throw out all lore of Real Uber Nice Epic Sweet Cool Awesome Pwnage Epic, then this film can be rather funny Armadyl, Saradomin and the Gods - Page 3 612280
Though the Moonlight Sonata background music is pushing it...

No, seriously, though, Guthix is regarded al extremely powerful, but I don't buy it...
Djjulien
Djjulien
Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:59 am

Wow. That video pretty much shat over RuneScape's lore Tongue

On a more serious note, I believe Guthix's is regarded as powerful because he has the ability to create - something no other God has.
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Djjulien Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:51 am

Well, he used the Stone of Jas to create the things he created, so is it really his power?
Or did he just figure something out on how to use the Stone of Jas that the other Gods didn't?

Lovely, speculating Smile
Djjulien
Djjulien
Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:29 am

Do we actually have any proof that the other goods were incapable of creating things? Also, to what extend do we mean "create". Because from what I can recall, Guthix only shaped the land and brought creatures here through the Portal of Life. He didn't actually create things out of nothing. I mean, anyone could theoretically shape clay and cast Telegrab across different universes.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:55 am

In light of that, I'll rephrase slightly:

Guthix is regarded as powerful because he is regarded to have the ability to create.

You're quite correct, digging deep into RuneScape's lore suggests he didn't create as much as most people think. However, since most NPCs who speak of him appear not to know this, they believe him to be powerful.

That said, even if all he did do was reshape an existing plane using the Stone of Jas, that's still something neither Saradomin or Zamorak achieved when they had the Stone.

Also, let's not forget, when he woke up, he successfully commanded the other Gods to stop the God wars. I don't think there's a single other example of any God doing something because they were told to, let alone a whole group of Gods.

Clearly, if he isn't as powerful as people believe, he's damn good at pretending he is.
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:16 am

I still like to believe the on some level the stone grants wishes, some innate desire of the user. The rocks on which it sat wished to be "more"; Zamorak wished to rule; Tumeken was granted the ability to realise his dreams; and Guthix was given the ability to "do over". In my fanfic I gave Saradomin a form of clairvoyance, the ability to see the consequences of actions: hence why it was called the Eye of Saradomin and why he is believed to be wise.

Their ability to "create" is coincidental.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:35 am

Tumeken had access to the Stone of Jas???
That's news to me...

I like your theory, but...
According to it, our player's deepest desire is to get temporary stat boosts and have trippy visions of the past. It also failed to grant Lucien's wish, or the Kethsians who wanted to use it to repel the Dragonkin.

Plus, I still think it's unfair to attribute all of Guthix's power to the Stone. When he awoke, one can assume that he didn't possess the it (because we know that the other Gods had taken it and weren't likely to give it back). That didn't prevent his rather awesome display of power at the wilderness volcano, or the commanding of Gods I mentioned above.
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next