The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Influence, Death and Kept Items

+4
Dark Avorian
TATORZ
invinible
The Empty Lord
8 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Which do you like? (multiple choice - altough the percentages aren't worked out as well as RuneScape's)

Influence, Death and Kept Items - Page 2 I_vote_lcap50%Influence, Death and Kept Items - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 7 ]
Influence, Death and Kept Items - Page 2 I_vote_lcap21%Influence, Death and Kept Items - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 21% 
[ 3 ]
Influence, Death and Kept Items - Page 2 I_vote_lcap29%Influence, Death and Kept Items - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 14

Influence, Death and Kept Items - Page 2 Empty Influence, Death and Kept Items

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:47 am

First topic message reminder :

Influence;
Spoiler:

Death;
Spoiler:

Items kept on death;
Spoiler:

Last edited by 3mptylord on Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:52 am; edited 3 times in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Influence, Death and Kept Items - Page 2 Empty Re: Influence, Death and Kept Items

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:18 am

Where else does money come from? At the moment, aside from measly monster drop, Alchemy and Stores are the only sources on money in the game. Jagex recognises Alchemy as a problem... so that leaves Stores. But who uses stores? People make money in the GE, and money is normally lost in the Stores... however, if YOU can get prices, then you'll sell it there and you're making the profit as money into the game.

Oh yeah, and the 25gp all players start with. Wink

The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Influence, Death and Kept Items - Page 2 Empty Re: Influence, Death and Kept Items

Post by Dark Avorian Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:36 am

um...PC...quest that give monetary rewards...anyhting that gives monetary rewards...
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Post by TATORZ Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:44 am

*SIGH*
TATORZ
TATORZ
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Number of posts : 2458

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:46 am

Lol...but we need a severe money sink...something that would really pull money straight out of the game...
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by TATORZ Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:48 am

LIKE MOAR CONSTRUCTION STUFF!!!!!

AND PETS AND MORE SUMMONING STUFF!!!

AND MORE HERBLORE STUFF!!!

AND MORE CRAFTING STUFF!!!
TATORZ
TATORZ
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:50 am

No...crafting and herby are only money sinks to the player who trains them...we should make a large amount of necessary items be only buyable from certain stores...probably can be bought in noted form
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by TATORZ Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:52 am

I would train with new construction stuff Grin
TATORZ
TATORZ
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:53 am

yep
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by TATORZ Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:54 am

I love construction Grin
TATORZ
TATORZ
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:55 am

Urgh... the odd quest isn't a source of money, and minigames do not provide an income. So what else gives monetary rewards? Monster drops is usually less than 10k gp - and the monsters which drop it, this will barely pay for the fight; quests, that's one in a blue moon that provides a coin reward; Pest Control, probably the largest non-Alchemy source of gold in the game; and stores. As a low level stores are the largest source of income - you get more money selling your Bronze and Iron equipment there than you do on the GE. But why does this not continue as you get higher level? Or why can't this, rather. Receiving loot to sell happens everywhere in the game - but the fact remains, the other players needs the money to pay for it (unless they trade items). The source of money is, currently, Alchemy - other sources are too little.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:55 am

It's amazing aint it
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by TATORZ Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:56 am

*reads 3mpty's post*
TATORZ
TATORZ
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:58 am

In response to 3mpty...there also is this new pking loot system...that will be sending loads of money in...
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Patar Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:26 pm

Ok, here's my opinion:

Influence
Sorry, but I'm not entirely persuaded. I believe the current quest point system works quite fine. I'm not so sure if Influence should affect selling prices either... Crying or Very sad

Death
No thanks. Although I agree that the current Respawn system is flawed, I would not like a rip-off of World Of Warcraft. Again, the ideas are pretty good, but I'm not entirely convinced.

Items Kept On Death
Durability? Sounds a lot like WoW Evil or Very Mad . I do agree with the "stacks" counting as a single item.

I prefer to keep RuneScape original in as many ways as possible. All the ideas you mentioned would certainly improve RS, but I wouldn't like to see them all implemented.
Do you mind if I try building on them? I'm sure I can come up with some original variations. Grin
Prince Patar
Prince Patar
Squire

Number of posts : 41

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruy112 Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:43 pm

I can vouch (is that word used correct?) for that new Pvp brings in huge amounts of cash. I have earned close to 9m losing very little.
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1623

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:03 pm

The PvP doesn't bring money into the game, it brings items that you have to sell - players require money to buy those items off you. There is an exception, those little figurines, which an NPC buys. Again, NPCs buying items is one of the few non-Alchemy sources of money because the NPC has an unlimited amount.

Durability, Wear, Charge, etc. Whatever you want to call it. It could be a percentage - finding your items could be a 10% decreases (as in, knock of the value of 10, not multiplied by 0.9). By all means, give it a rewok!
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TATORZ Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:44 pm

*kills Ruy*

Just because of how he worded it doesn't give it non-support. Tongue
TATORZ
TATORZ
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruy112 Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:01 pm

I've earned 9,000,000 in the last few days, those weren't there before, those weren't lost, they were brought into the game. Imagine tons of people doing this, some gaining more than I am. High-Alch that.
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1623

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:25 am

he meant the figurines
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Patar Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:54 pm

After some brainstorming with Guardian of Death, we came up with these ideas. Please give feedback so I can improve them. Smile

Influence
Spoiler:
Death
Spoiler:
Durability
Spoiler:
Prince Patar
Prince Patar
Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by TATORZ Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:51 pm

I didn't really read any but the first one, but the first one sounded okay. Smile
TATORZ
TATORZ
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Guardian of Death Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:40 am

*cough* lazy ass *cough* Tongue
Guardian of Death
Guardian of Death
Squire

Number of posts : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:12 am

I could have sworn I replied... Confuse

Additional uses for influence could include general attitude from NPCs. However, I don't agree we should be able to lose influence - having others cower before you is still evidence of your influence, it's not positive, but they know to fear you. Wink

Coming back as a liche instead of a ghost would make a nice difference - I only suggested ghost because we already have the ability to become a ghost. However, I don't agree that journey should affect the losses - however, I like the almost exact-contrast to WoW in that you resurrect at your body and have to find the healer, instead of the other way round! Tongue

Angel of Mercy - will resurrect you at the cost of two degrades per combat-item, but you keep all items. Any items reduced to -1 will be lost entirely - a consequence for fighting with near-useless equipment. Having a prayer active allows you to spare the specified number of items from degrading.
Death - will resurrect you at the cost of all items. Death is only present to those marked by the PKing Skull, so it's not a case of you randomly get visited by one. You can bargain with Death, this is affected by your Influence only (although the odds will never be in your favour). If you bargain successfully, Death will restore one item of your choice - players with a prayer active will find that they will never fail to bargain, and have a chance of saving a second item.
Morning Star, Wraith, names please? - This character will spawn at your chosen spawnpoint. Once per day, this ghoulish character can ressurect you completely free of costs or penalties.

I prefer Condition Degrade to percentage, and it's not so different.
- If ConditionValue >75 then Condition = 100
- else if ConditionValue >50 and <= 75 then Condition = 75
- else if ConditionValue >25 and <=50 then Condition = 50
- else if ConditionValue >0 and <=25 then Condition = 25
- else Condition = 0

Simple. Smile
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Patar Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:35 am

3mptylord wrote:Additional uses for influence could include general attitude from NPCs. However, I don't agree we should be able to lose influence - having others cower before you is still evidence of your influence, it's not positive, but they know to fear you. Wink
Makes sense. New Scenario:

Player 2: Hi!
Man: Ahh! It's Player 2! Run for your life!!!

*Man runs away*

3mptylord wrote:Angel of Mercy - will resurrect you at the cost of two degrades per combat-item, but you keep all items. Any items reduced to -1 will be lost entirely - a consequence for fighting with near-useless equipment. Having a prayer active allows you to spare the specified number of items from degrading.
Death - will resurrect you at the cost of all items. [...] If you bargain successfully, Death will restore one item of your choice - players with a prayer active will find that they will never fail to bargain, and have a chance of saving a second item.
So you wouldn't lose any non-combat items when being resurrected? If so, shouldn't you recieve a bit more severe punishment?
Prince Patar
Prince Patar
Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:46 am

Possibly - but being revived by the Angel of Mercy means you were just questing, or something. I didn't think that you should be punished so severely - especially if you walk from wherever you died all the way to her just to get resurrected. Choosing the "Crumble" option would incur a more severe penalty. Wink
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Patar Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:04 am

Ah, yes. Grin
Prince Patar
Prince Patar
Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next