The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drystan, Guardian of the Stone Diamond

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Drystan, Guardian of the Stone Diamond - Page 2 Empty Drystan, Guardian of the Stone Diamond

Post by TATORZ Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:44 am

First topic message reminder :

This is where I'll post Drystan's subsection...

Drystan, the fallen king, ruled over what is now east kandarin, his kingdom ranging from as far south as the Legends Guild, as north as Sinclair Mansion, and as west as McGrubbor woods. The most important border, though, was to the east - White Wolf Mountain.

During the God Wars, Zamorak's army attempted to push over the mountain and take over Kandarin. Drystan's warriors kept them at bay and even managed to push them back as far as Ice Mountain. Unfortunately, this was also their downfall. To protect the territory they took, Drystan sent a large section of his army to Ice Mountain to make an outpost. As they reached the base of the mountain, they were attacked from the south, north, and west. The soldiers were decimated, along with any reinforcements sent to help.

With a huge part of the army gone, Drystan struggled to just hold White Wolf Mountain. Slowly but surely, Zamorak was pushing over the mountain. Just when all hope seemed lost, the attacking stopped.

The villagers figured that Zamorak lost interest in the land, but rumors spread that Drystan sold his soul to Zamorak to save his kingdom.

Years past. Drystan's queen is aging while he doesn't seem to be a day older. Drystan kneeled next to his wife's deathbed until the moment her breathing stopped. He followed her down to the catacombs where a giant open cavern would be used as a burial chamber. As he stepped into the cave, he ordered the casket placed in the center of the cave and everyone to leave. As soon as everyone had left, he grabbed hold of a boulder and sealed the entrance.

Rumor has it, Drystan can still be found in the catacombs, sitting on a throne of Granite.

A sad end to a once great king.

The above quote is from a tatty history book containing only one page, found at the base of a mirror on a pedestal of stone. It's completely true until one part. Drystan did sell something to Zamorak, but it wasn't his soul, it was his heart. As Zamorak walked away with Drystan's heart, he could be heard saying 'Immortality is a curse, Drystan, do not take it lightly.' Drystan still had something where his heart once laid, but it was nothing alive, it was a diamond.

Last edited by TATORZ on Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:06 pm; edited 10 times in total
TATORZ
TATORZ
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Number of posts : 2458

Back to top Go down

Drystan, Guardian of the Stone Diamond - Page 2 Empty Re: Drystan, Guardian of the Stone Diamond

Post by TATORZ Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:34 am

You liked Mr Mossy Beerbelly better than that?

*sigh*

Whatever. Maybe I'll try to draw how I see him and sneak a scan.

TATORZ
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Back to top Go down

Drystan, Guardian of the Stone Diamond - Page 2 Empty Re: Drystan, Guardian of the Stone Diamond

Post by Dark Avorian Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:35 am

yes...i do like mossy bettwe
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:37 am

I'm picturing Overlord now lol... only, made of stone with a few spikes. Also, why does he need to look at all human now? It's been nigh on four millennia, if he began to scare his people it's evident that he wasn't the prettiest person back then... and he's had a couple of thousand years to grow worse. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:39 am

I can't feel sorrow for that...thing

Drystan, Guardian of the Stone Diamond - Page 2 StoneGiant
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by TATORZ Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:50 am

Story any better now? I updated it a bit, not done yet. -.-

I have a question... do the diamonds really have anything to do with the Desert? Desert Treasure was the first in the series, but I wanted the fight to have to do with something in the Desert.

Besides... The story isn't supposed to be the only thing to make you feel sorrowful. The fight and the intro to the fight has a lot to do with it.

I'm not going to detail anymore until I've got a more final version.

Where's Drystan's Mirror located?
TATORZ
TATORZ
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:17 pm

Yeah, it's better..and I don't think so
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:12 pm

The desert is completely irrelevant, it's merely where our adventuring shoes first got stuck in. As for the location of the mirror, it would be near to the beacon that Drystan holds a key to - I don't think we came up with a finite list for that, though.

On the story. Personally, I don't think who was pushing into Kandarin should be mentioned - and you think it should be, not Zamorak. Drystan gave his heart to defend his kingdom - but who exactly would he be defending his kingdom from if he made the deal with the attacker itself. "Yo D, I'ma give you immortality and carry on attacking you for the lols!" Wink

Although... in your story, Zamorak stops attacking. But the condition of Drystan's immortality would suit a story where he stuck it out during the war. He could not be harmed by his enemy and, in a 300 style fashion, held the onslaught at bay at the entrance to White Wolf Mountain. Peace only came at the end, when the war stopped and Drystan could retire to his kingdom. What use is being immortal when you didn't actually take part in the war? It seems like a waste of a deal. Tongue

Drystan should have made the deal with Zamorak against the other gods, not to make a peace treaty - if you get what I mean. Confuse

Some trivia for you, Drystan was inspired by a song by The Used called The Bird and the Worm.

Last edited by 3mptylord on Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:40 pm; edited 5 times in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:38 pm

Spoiler:
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TATORZ Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:50 pm

*sigh*

I give up on the backstory... what does it matter anyway? I can do the fight without needing any of it. Neutral

I don't think someone would buy his heart and give him immortality... and then try to fight back. I also don't see why he would sell his heart unless it truly kept his kingdom safe. He's only one man, it's a big mountain.

Immortality was kind of an aftereffect. I think Drystan would've rather lost his life than live forever, but that was the conditions that... whoever did it do him made. If it's all he could do to save his kingdom, he did it.

Last edited by TATORZ on Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:05 am; edited 3 times in total
TATORZ
TATORZ
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:53 pm

It just needs work t'is all. Wink
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TATORZ Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:07 am

Sure I could change the story... again... but know who else would want that territory? Zamorak's the one with the diamonds, corrrect? Drystan was probably Saradominist, but Saradomin didn't have the diamonds?

Those are my only problems.

1) What other god would want the territory? I can only imagine Zamorak
2) Which god had the Diamonds? Zamorak?
3) Which god did Drystan worship? I thought he was Saradominist
TATORZ
TATORZ
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:19 am

1)Bandos...
2) No other...but he could've sold his soul to Zamorak to protect him from Bandos...he was able to hold the mountain bu bandos's assault came from teh south where tehre is no natural defence
4)Probably sara, maybe armadyl
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by TATORZ Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:31 am

1) I suppose
2) See number 3
3) If he worshipped either, why would he go to Zamorak?

It could work if we made an excuse for Armadyl and Saradomin to not help... perhaps Zamorak disguised himself as one of them and intercepted his cry for help?
TATORZ
TATORZ
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:48 am

The Barrows' Brothers sold themselves to a complete stranger... it's not so unbelievable that Drystan would have gone to any resort to defend his kingdom from the armies threatening them (we don't need to specify who). And there's the fact Zamorak had certain... items he needed to scatter..
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Kandarin Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:01 am

*call out to revive*
Sir Kandarin
Sir Kandarin
Proselyte

Number of posts : 192

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:30 am

TATz, I'm sorry. I'm re-reading this now and I can confirm that my opinion was biased - it sounds good. Please carry on writing. Wink
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2