The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Tainted Quests (what are they?)

4 posters

Go down

The Tainted Quests (what are they?) Empty The Tainted Quests (what are they?)

Post by Dark Avorian Wed May 27, 2009 9:19 pm

Duh-duh-duh-dunn!

Shocked Twisted Evil affraid Twisted Evil Shocked

The Tainted Quests!

On the RSOF I often run across threads asking for more quests with alternate paths...

I disagree...

We need quests where the main path is evil...

And so i present my pet project...the Tainted Quests

But I can't do this alone, I need suggestions for all different difficulties of quests
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

The Tainted Quests (what are they?) Empty Re: The Tainted Quests (what are they?)

Post by The Empty Lord Wed May 27, 2009 10:47 pm

I have one question for you - what is evil? Because it's always been hinted that the White Knights are not do-gooders... thus, we already have a quest path whereby we are aiding evil. Also, how do you help by doing evil? Being sent to assassinate someone is just... well, that's not evil, that's just good from a different perspective. If you were being evil you wouldn't help them! Tongue

The fact you are aiding them is an act of good, whatever the task. So I think Evil is a bad word to use.

In Fable you can choose to be either Pure or Corrupt. The first mission in Fable 2 is to collect 5 gold, you can do this in both ways. The fact that you are adventuring is neither pure nor corrupt - it's how you do it that makes it corrupt or not. The fourth piece of gold is obtained by collect 5 Arrest Warrants - we can either give these to a crook for 1 gold, or to the guard for 1 gold. The task itself isn't evil. The result of giving to the crook is that Old Town Bowerstone is a slum when you return as a teen (your a child in the prologue) - if you give it to the guard Old Town is a well established, "beautiful place to live". Smile

I'm reading the Strange Altar, and the only thing I've seen that sets it apart from normal adventuring is that you are asked to kill an innocent. Other than that, it's a normal quest... you're just helping a Zamorakian instead of a Saradomist. Shock
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

The Tainted Quests (what are they?) Empty Re: The Tainted Quests (what are they?)

Post by Ruy112 Thu May 28, 2009 12:54 am

Hmmm Assasinate someone. I actually think I might have come up with something there. Although I'll probably scrap it, I always scrap my ideas.
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1623

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze FF8 Fri May 29, 2009 12:48 am

It couldnt be anything "too evil" though could it? It would clash with the fact our character risks their life repetitivly for anyone/anything in need =/
Blaze FF8
Blaze FF8
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Number of posts : 496

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri May 29, 2009 1:20 am

*shrugs*
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Fri May 29, 2009 12:19 pm

Evil people can be needy too!
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri May 29, 2009 8:00 pm

Yes, but you're being good by helping them. It'd be evil not to. Wink

Sorry you've lost your Tainted Quest section, lol, but at least each forum is slightly fuller now. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:45 am

It's so hard to cater for evil. Confuse
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down