The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokémon Black and White

+4
MorbiusMonster
trixtor
Jeeves
The Empty Lord
8 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Pokémon Black and White - Page 3 Empty Pokémon Black and White

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:09 am

First topic message reminder :

Pokémon
Black and White
Release dates;
• Japan - September 18, 2010
• Europe - March 4, 2011
• North America - March 6, 2011
• Australia - March 10, 2011

I've got the White version and it's quite possibly my favourite version since the original 251 (yes, for me it's the original 251). I really like how it feels like a total re-imagining rather than just an expansion - and I like how they've diversed the types, I've always found choosing fire was the strategic choice rather than a preference on the grounds that fire was a scarce type (or at least in early game), whilst water and grass were bountiful. Grin

(Not really spoiling details, just some heads-up)
Spoiler:
I sorta miss fishing (you don't get a rod until you complete the story). Sad

P.S. As I've already been doing, I will likely say I have Black. My brain misassociated the versions due to the cover-legendaries being reversed... I thought I had Black for the first day or two. Blush
P.P.S. I've also got into the habit of calling them Pokémon Blanc and Noir. Tongue

RE: Convo with Jeeves
I take back what I said about Blitzle... yeah, he's no Pikachu but he's damn good! There's this bitching flying-psychic type and he's the only electric type at the moment (also, he learns dark and fire moves... so training him in Pinwheel Forest is a eaaassssyyyy)! Although, I said this when I thought I was going into the ruins (and given the few psychic users in the entrance I thought I would be heading into a psychic-breeding ground... turns out I wasn't going in there yet, so Blitzle was only temporarily useful. Tongue

There's a flying-electric type... GRAH! Ground is immune to his attacks, but because of the flying he's immune to mine! Such a troll Pokémon! >_<

Last edited by 3mptylord on Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Pokémon Black and White - Page 3 Empty Re: Pokémon Black and White

Post by Dragon78114 Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:11 am

Hey, I was thinking about getting the new Pokémon game after I get a new DS. (My brother sold mine and used it for college money five years ago...I was very pissed.) I felt like I felt out-of-touch recently with my gaming and I want to come back. Should I get Pokémon Black or White?

Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1668

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:25 am

I'd say White, because I feel outnumbered (not necessarily on this forum, I don't recall what versions people have on here... but of my IRL friends, I'm the only White). Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:55 am

hmm.... White to be different...?Tongue
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm

racist
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:00 pm

White edition is supposedly better for getting hold of Pokémon from previous games. After you complete the league and acquire the National Dex on White, you can access White Forest where you can find pretty much all of the previous Pokémon in the Wild.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 2641

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:14 pm

Okay, here are the differences between the two versions;

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

You make your choice as to which you'll be more interested in.

MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:13 am

What is everyone's party like? I am interested in a Wi-Fi battle!
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:59 am

I'd say White, but that's just because I like Zekrom better. Tongue

And my party is nowhere *near* good enough for a battle yet. Sad

Serperior
Stoutland
Conkeldurr
Panpour
Liepard
Tranquill

All level 39-45 except for Tranquill, who's level 29-ish?

Yeah...I'm not so good.
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Number of posts : 606

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:44 am

What I've noticed that in generation V Pokémon, there is an awfully large amount of bug and dark types...
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:02 pm

Well, here is my party so far.

Samurott
Victini
Sawk (may be replaced soon by either Cobalion or Virizion)
Zoroark

Anyone of these as well make the list;
Zebstrika
Excadrill
Sawsbuck
Garbador

I am still in the training phase, so more might make the list before I decide on a permanent team.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:27 pm

A little bit of infor here you will find useful. Throh is the only Pokémon so far to be able to learn Storm Throh. This relatively weak Fighting attack has a 100% chance of hitting a critical hit.

So if you combine this effect, with STAB on a dual-typed Pokémon weak to Fighting on both types, you'll get something on the lines of a x12 damage modification, possibly one of the highest you can obtain. This give Throh the upper hand in combat.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:23 pm

I am currently trying to breed Zorua. Since the two Zoroark I am using are from different games, I can have eggs appear very quickly. If you are interested in trading a Zorua egg or a Zorua that hatches from it, I'm taking offers. I've given my friend code in a previous post, so you can add me when the time comes.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Pokémon Black and White - Page 3 Empty Amber and Amethyst

Post by MorbiusMonster Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:56 am

Some time ago I was coming up with, at the it would have been, a Generation V game. In this version of the game, the player starts in the Kelzar region. The game starts with the player waking up from a nightmare of something running through the grass towards them, monstrous and snarling. The reason for this dream was explained later on.

The region of Kelzar was once made of two, separate, warring regions. When originally founded, the region was in two halves, each side initially ruled by a monarchy, with an emperor on one side and an emperess on the other, two siblings that founded their own kingdoms. When the family of the emperor fell to a disease and perished, no rightful heir was able to come forth to claim their place on the throne and the subdivision was taken by a democratic government. When the democracy wanted to unite the region again, war broke out as the royalists refused to be abdicated by force.

The war took a turn for the worse when Pokémon were also used in the conflict. Eventually, a powerful Pokémon came forth and forcedly tried to calm the fighting, by consuming all in its path. Eventually, the Royalists used their birth rite and called forth the Pokémon that quelled the battle with its immense power. Solaris of the Sun and Lunoir of the Moon went into the field of combat and sent Chaos back to its own realm and demanded a ceasefire. Not willing to provoke the actions of two very powerful beings, the fighting came to an end and it was eventually decided that the region could exist as one, where both democracy and heirachy had equal position.

In Kelzar these days, trainers now continue to live, learn and battle, always told of the messages and lessons from the past. At the present moment, the current President is the Champion of the Kelzar League and the Emperess lives a life where she values her subjects as if they were her own.

But things are soon to change...

A new heroine enters popular culture under the name of the Destiny Trainer. This masked and hooded figure fights tyranny where ever it appears, she is strong, wise and above all, she treats her Pokémon allies as equals and states that we as humans are gifted to understand them so well. At the same time, several new companies emerge everywhere. A new found "Alpha Corp." quickly takes over the market with the latest electronics and broadcast media. Not to mention a new villain team emerging from the shadows.

The enemy team in Amber and Amethyst are the diabolical Team Armageddon, who have devised ends of which to save the world from its own undoing. It appears the organisation has carefully planned out their strategy, seeing where so many villains from the past have failed. They have built up enormous numbers, but focus their Pokémon teams very broadly, covering most types such as Normal, Rock, Ice, Steel and Dark. Their plans begin taking shape quickly.

Their latest line of televisions, designed by a dummy company run by the Steel division of Team Armageddon, have created a mass population explosion of Rotom, which are rounded into the factory and sealed into mechanical robots to become Rotarmor. The Normal division have the Alpha Corporation, the Ice division are at work on the mysterious Omega Network, the Rock division are scattered looking to the past, but the worst would have to be the Dark division, who have created a Shadow Machine, that twists the very being of Pokémon if concentrated or can shroud a city into darkness such that the people can cease to exist.

As their plans further into development, the leader emerges; the Destiny Trainer. Removing her mask, she reveals her name to be Erazimuth. Erazimuth chose to pursue Team Armageddon, after becoming so tired of the heroine work. No matter how many times one hero saves a city, another is in need of help. She has grown tired of how people use Pokémon or treat them as property instead of partners and wishes to execute the final plan; she will wreak Armageddon on the world to decimate humanity and Pokémon kind, so they can begin to value their own company and this world more and stop the fighting.

In order to do this, she tries to find a powerful creature. The Omega Network is a giant weapon that uses the power of a Pokémon and confines it into a beam of destructive energy. Different Pokémon emanate a different "Armageddon rating"; a level at which their maximum power is measured. Ordinary Pokémon can only achieve 1 - 3 on the scale, 4 for the slightly stronger ones, but she needs something greater. After her forces capture the Wonders trio; who register 5 on the scale, she aims the beam at the political offices (the Pokémon league) and destroys them in the hope that she can hold the region to ransom.

Still united against her, Kelzar refuses to surrender so she must try harder, but the only thing that could do the job is either Solaris or Lunoir, and they can only be called forth by one of royal blood. When studying her geneology, she discovers that her ancestor was once the mistress to the emperor and concieved his child. This makes her directly in line to the throne that was taken by the democracy and allows her to summon either Solaris or Lunoir.

And it continues...
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:01 am

Sadly, due to the earthquake in Japan, the release of the English Dream World has been delayed until further notice.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:44 am

Okay, my team is now as follows.

Samurott (Sprocket) - Sprocket is my original starters and has come a long way. Knowing both Scold and Surf in terms of water moves, it is fairly formidable a foe, achieving 1.5x damage with these two because of STAB. He also knows Megahorn, an impressively powerful Bug-type move which conquers the weakness to Grass, but also adds Psychic and Dark to the list of types accounted for. Once the league has been completed (which I am in no rush to do), I can obtain Ice Beam from the Great Chasm and be able to add Flying and Dragon to the types dealt with.

TYPES ACCOUNTED FOR: 8 once Ice Beam has been obtained.

Victini (Ratchet) - Victini is still in progress. Since it knows two fairly decent fire moves and a psychic type move, it is fairly strong and useful in combat. Flame Shot will damage nearby targets, Zen Headbutt may cause flinching and Flame Charge increases speed. Combined with its ability, it is incredibly useful in a combat situation.

TYPES ACCOUNTED FOR: 13

Virizion (Tandoca) - Although Sawk (Susano) originally made the list, he has been retired in favour of the legendary Pokémon, Virizion. With it knowing both Grass type moves and Fighting type moves, it makes the party that slightly more effective. Whilst some of the type it is strong against are already covered by other team members, it does no harm to have a few spare moves kicking around to back up the offensive and grass is helpful against water type.

TYPES ACCOUNTED FOR: 15

Zoroark (Shadow) - This made the team long before playing the game. It's offensive capabilities and speed are very effective in combat. Whilst the list of moves is slightly depleted in terms of STAB, the broadness of its moveset can cover more areas. He knows Shadow Claw (useful for critical hits), Foul Play (soon to be replaced with the better move, Night Daze) for which it covers Ghost types, but thanks to the wonders of TMs, Shadow also knows Focus Blast and Dig (which covers troublesome Electric types).

TYPES ACCOUNTED FOR: 17 (we're sorted!)

The last two places are reserved for other Pokémon, either for the regional legendary (though I shouldn't use too many, two is normally my limit) or for other useful Pokémon. If Reshiram or Kyurem can learn Fly, that's a bonus, but I'll stick with Tornadus for flight at the moment.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:03 am

I think the reason season Shadow is in your team is because it's a werewolf. You don't have half as much to say about him as you do everyone else. Wink
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:41 pm

Zoroark isn't a werewolf, he's a kitsune.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:14 pm

Dark types are versatile. Don't knock them.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:09 am

I'm sorry, humanoid canid. Wink

Also, I'm not knocking dark types.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Pokémon Black and White - Page 3 Empty Fauna

Post by MorbiusMonster Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:14 am

Name: Fauna
Forest Sprite Pokémon
Type: Grass
Height: 3' 2"
Weight: 44.3lbs

Bio: Fauna live in dense forest, but usually remain clear of human footpaths or constructs. Some local myths believe that a child that is lost within the forest will become a Fauna if not found in time. It's curious nature sometimes gets the better of it at times, but it will usually exercise caution in the face of danger.

Ability: Harvest - Restores a used held berry after the turn which it is used.
Curiosity - Can use manmade held objects, but to less effect.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:46 pm

After looking into it a slight amount, it appears the last three Pokémon in the National Dex are present within the programming, but not readily accessible. Keldeo and Meloetta will presumably be similar to Darkrai and Shaymin of the previous generation, with Genesect being similar to Arceus.

For instance, the Easy chat system has Keldeo and Meloetta listed, but not Genesect, so its appearance may be delayed till later.

Challenger's Cave, an area only available after defeating the Elite Four and N, might be the location of Keldeo. The clue is not only within the name of the location, but also because of water within the cavern (Keldeo is a Water/Fighting type) and because a trainer inside is looking for a "legendary" Pokémon. From simple tweaking, Keldeo has a battle theme identical to its counterparts when battled, suggesting it might be battled.
However, even with the other three present in the party or with a Walk Through Walls, the blocked water routes don't in fact lead anywhere, nor is there any other hidden passage available at the moment. An event may be needed to activate Keldeo's lair.

Meloetta has no theme variation, suggesting that it isn't battled, but given as a gift.

Genesect has no theme variation, suggesting that it also may be given as a gift, but its name is absent from the easy chat, so it might not designed to be released in Black or White, but possibly be released from an event in the third edition.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Pokémon Black and White - Page 3 Empty Scripture

Post by MorbiusMonster Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:58 am

Name: Scripture
Knowledge Pokémon
Type: Normal + Ghost
Height: 6' 3"
Weight: 198lbs

Bio: Story persists that this Pokémon was born when an author died in the flames that claimed an ancient library. It is considered one of the most knowledgable Pokémon to exist, because it can absorb almost all its knowledge from literature and books. Scripture can adjust its own physiology to any book it desires, taking the form of any character or object within it.

Ability: Paper Body - Resists Paralysis, Poison and Freezing, but is more prone to Burn.

Special Power: Scripture, like Deoxys, Arceus and Genesect before it, is capable of changing its forme. When finding a certain book, Scripture replaces its Ghost type with another type. These books include;
1001 Arabian Nights - Ground-type
Works of Thomas Edison - Electric-type
20,000 Leagues under the Sea - Water-type
Theory of Relativity - Psychic-type
Transylvanian Horror - Dark-type
Codex Atlanticus - Fighting-type
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:08 am

A little bit of exciting news.

There are two hidden moves that Kyurem has which relate it to both Reshiram and Zekrom.

Ice Burn - A powerful ice type move that also burns the target (seriously it does).
&
Freeze Shock - A powerful ice type move that also paralyzes the target.

At the moment they are coded into the game, but cannot be learnt by ANY Pokémon. But if fan speculation has taught me anything, these moves might be reserved for Pokémon Grey (for which Kyurem might well be the mascot).
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:16 am

Haha, Scald is a water attack that burns... I'm not so surprised by an ice attack. Wink
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:50 am

With the Dream World now up and running, I've sent someone over. I have decided to send over a Darkrai (just because of the irony, Darkrai causes Bad Dreams and is going to the Dream World).
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Pokémon Black and White - Page 3 Empty Giovani vs Daisy - A recap of a WiFi Single Battle

Post by MorbiusMonster Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:27 am

Two competitors, one victor.

Today we feature two trainers; one named Giovanni from the United Kingdom for whom this is a first time battle, the other is Daisy from Massachusetts, USA who isn't familiar with the meaning of losing, having played and won all three of the WiFi battles she has played in.

Giovani sends in Virizion, Samurott and Volcarona whilst Daisy sends in Archeops, Samurott and Surperior.

Virizion, known to be a fast and effective fighter sadly falls behind in terms of defence and it seems that Archeops has worked it out. A move as simplistic as Acrobatics is enough to take Virizion out.

Shocked at first, Giovani sends in Samurott. Whilst it takes damage from Acrobatics, Samurott uses Surf that quite rightly takes out the troublesome Archeops and the score is evened out.

Both trainers are still in for a chance to win this; Daisy calls out her Surperior, hoping to match up Grass type, but Giovani was bluffing. Instead of sticking to Samurott who lacks an advantage over Surperior, Giovani pulls out his starter and sends in the newcomer to the field; Volcarona. Giga Drain won't be that useful against a Pokémon with 4x resistance to Grass-types.

However, Daisy plans to copy this strategy and pulls out Surperior, hoping for Volcarona to slip up and use a Fire move on a Water-type Pokémon. However, almost as if Giovani had expected this, Volcarona is ordered to use a Bug-type, therefore still having a chance to deal some good damage against Samurott and quite rightly, it does.

Giovani pulls out Volcarona, now aware that Daisy could do the same and send in Surperior, perhaps in a double bluff situation. Instead, Daisy remains steadfast with Samurott, still believing she could still land a hit. She does, but Volcarona wasn't the one struck, but Giovani's Samurott. It's poorly effective, but it still knocks Giovani's Samurott into a tough position. Hoping to use Samurott's Torrent to his advantage to use a water attack that will be super powered at this stage, Giovani orders Samurott to use Surf, but even with the species having a low base speed, Daisy's Samurott is slightly faster and knocks out with Hydro Cannon.

It looks almost as if Giovani's team are almost out, but Volcarona is still powerful, not to mention faster than Samurott and also Samurott has to take a turn out from using Hydro Cannon. Still remembering that Silver Wind was fairly effective against Samurott before, Giovani uses Bug Buzz, which has a higher base power and quite rightly knocks out Samurott.

It's getting intense as both are down to their final Pokémon. Daisy's Surperior versus Giovani's Volcarona. Surperior, using its high speed and attack to its advantage lashes out first with the only attack it can use that won't be affected by type advantages; Strength. But it looks like Daisy just ran out of luck. Not only is Strength the only move Surperior can use, but Volcarona's Flame Body has burnt Daisy's Pokémon! With its attack stat halved because of this unfortunate mishap and its health diminishing, Surperior is in for it now!

Volcarona planned to send off Surperior with Heat Wave, but that attack misses. Looks like Daisy has just a little time left. Surperior's fate is sealed. With it being burnt and its attack halved, Strength is just not going to cut it and defeat Volcarona, and Giovani ends it all with Bug Buzz, which lands a critical hit and ends the battle!
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next