The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gielinor's Fiyre Rewrite Discussion

4 posters

Go down

Gielinor's Fiyre Rewrite Discussion Empty Gielinor's Fiyre Rewrite Discussion

Post by Dragon78114 Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:01 pm

Hello all? Remember my giant quest? Gielinor's Fiyre?

Well, I have basically rewritten the quest. Removed excess steps and characters. And updated it to the rest of the Runescape world. It existed then and will exist now.

I have have shaved off so many pages from my original text document, improved the language and grammar, and changed many of the mechanics.

Today, I will just give the summary/teaser. Nothing more. Nothing less. Agree to my changes? Voice your opinion! Smile Hopefully, this quest will be more deeply rooted to the supposed prequel, The Purification.

(Although both seem quite out-of-the blue Tongue)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Official” Synopsis:

Mellissa Earie is in another dilemma. Her husband quickly left her house after you restored his sanity, and requires you to search for him. However, things swiftly turn grim as a sinister secret is discovered. In fact, it leads into a long, perilous, Grandmaster-ranking quest where you must tear yourself through a humongous cult, Gielinor's Fiyre, to prevent them from performing their Ritual of Alignment. This ritual involves a mass suicide of the entire cult and the leader becomes a god via the plunder of a secret set of holy armour called Fiyres. Meanwhile, you dare yourself to take the daunting task to find and deactivate the Fiyres before the cult can use them and provoke the Edicts of Guthix to erase and rebuild the world.

Can you win this race against time, calling upon most of your skills as an adventurer and survivor to find and wear your prize?

(NOTE: I changed Jean Earie to Jacques Earie)

~~~~

Summary of changes so far:

- The text document many pages shorter
- There are less repetitive steps
- No more Jorral, Temple Knights, and Savant
- Changed the search for virtually every Fiyre
- Improved dialog and grammar
- Invented a new way to search for clues for the Fiyre; it is quicker and more efficient, however kept the Demonically Enchanted Key'
- Changed the rewards and requirements

Last edited by Dragon78114 on Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:02 am; edited 7 times in total
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1668

Back to top Go down

Gielinor's Fiyre Rewrite Discussion Empty Re: Gielinor's Fiyre Rewrite Discussion

Post by Blaze FF8 Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:46 pm

I remember this. Epic quest! Grin
Good luck with the rewrite.
Blaze FF8
Blaze FF8
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Number of posts : 496

Back to top Go down

Gielinor's Fiyre Rewrite Discussion Empty Re: Gielinor's Fiyre Rewrite Discussion

Post by Dragon78114 Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:44 am

Hah, thanks! Tongue
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:32 pm

Yeah... I'm seriously considering REMOVING Jorral from this quest and its prequel.

In the game, he is just a one dimensional character. I honestly think he should be rather interesting. However, Jagex has his purpose only in the time-travelling, miniscule quest line. I mean, he is a rather boring character unlocking the secrets of time travel. If I were to actual remove his character from the story, what would happen?

And If I do remove Jorral, since he is one of the main protagonists, who would I replace him with? Help me with this decision! I can't work on the quest further without knowing.
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:58 am

Since it seems that no one wanted to help me, I've made the decision to remove Jorral.

I replaced him with a man named Seth Hart, a man who lives in the Seer's Village. He is moderately wealthy, unemployed, divorced, and was once a member of the Gielinor's Fiyre Cult. He is smart, hardy, and ashamed of his past.

Gielinor's Fiyre Rewrite Discussion Seth_s11

Of course, the tree in front of his house would be removed.

Now, please excuse me while I change The Purification.
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:56 pm

I won't be on next week or weekend; rehearsals and performances for our Spring Musical. That means I can't work on Gielinor's Fiyre either. Neutral
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:05 pm

Dragon78114 wrote:Of course, the tree in front of his house would be removed.

Wait, is it actually blocking the path in? Shock
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:07 pm

3mptylord wrote:
Dragon78114 wrote:Of course, the tree in front of his house would be removed.

Wait, is it actually blocking the path in? Shock

if you look closely on the map, in front of the door to Seth's house is a tree
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:25 pm

I can see that there is a tree there, but I can't tell the answer to my question... which is why I asked. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:47 pm

I think so. The tree my have to go away if people want to enter, and if not, it should go anyway or I can move the door south somewhat.
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:54 pm

I'm so excited! On this site at least, there will be maps to help everyone see where they have to do stuff! Smile
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:34 am

Wait... did you ADD the house to the map? And simply forgot to erase the tree? 'cause otherwise I'm confused as to how you can't know if it's in the way, since I presume you will have checked (I cannot as I'm not a member). Tongue

If he's fictional (which would explain lack of RSWiki page), why did he choose to set-up in Seer's? Why not Catherby, or somewhere where the inhabitants aren't always raving about crazy prophecies and visions? Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:32 pm

Yes, I did add the house to map and forgot to clear out the tree. Tongue

I added him in Seer's Village because the man is the central character in the Prelude. The murder is just northwest. I previously made you go all the way out to Jorral (which was unfortunately inconvenient).

Also, I made him up. He was a past member of Gielinor's Fiyre cult. He felt that Seer's village was nivce I guess, especially after his divorce with his wife. Also, he once had those crazy philosophies, but came more sane. Tongue

He likes the magical atmosphere; it is nice and relatively small yet populated. A great place to settle.

Last edited by Dragon78114 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:38 pm

Misunderstanding averted. Wink
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:25 am

Musical is over. Cry I shall return to writing soon, but AP exams are around the corner. Since the play has eaten all my time for the past 3 months, especially the past few weeks, I am WAY far behind than I should. -.-
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:03 am

Hehe, I've performed in a musical. Smile
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:30 pm

Which AP's?

(I'm taking ze english ones, and spanish)
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:22 pm

English Comp, Cal AB, Art History, US History
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:41 am

My quest is starting to shine, but should I go ahead and start posting it?

EDIT: I Might just post the Prologue... I don't know... Neutral
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:03 am

For what reason might you not want to post it? Wink
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:05 am

good point. Tongue

The only reason holding me back is that I am nervous that it isn't done, but I don't want to overdo it. Gah! I'll post the prologue. -.-
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down