The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Spoilers] Silence Will Fall

+2
MorbiusMonster
The Empty Lord
6 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

[Spoilers] Silence Will Fall - Page 4 Empty [Spoilers] Silence Will Fall

Post by The Empty Lord Sun May 01, 2011 1:14 pm

First topic message reminder :

I found it... odd.

It was never really explained how the Silence were villains, so I found it very out of character for the Doctor to just declare their execution. He said they'd been here for thousands of years, influencing us, etc, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Is it?

Also, and if past Doctor Who seasons haven't taught me anything, the blatant paradox in the episode is yet to be resolved. For example, the Vampires of Venice said "we ran from the silence" and such. Surely this has still to happen? And I think at the end of the last series someone said "But why did the Tardis explode in the first place?" so I'm guessing it'll all be resolved. Smile

Also, I've noticed, how come whenever something bad "falls" (like silence, darkness, etc) it means to descend or to come down on us. Whilst when something good "falls" it usually means defeated... the hero falls, the light will fall, etc. Tongue

Last edited by 3mptylord on Mon May 02, 2011 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

[Spoilers] Silence Will Fall - Page 4 Empty Re: [Spoilers] Silence Will Fall

Post by Amascut Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:47 am

MorbiusMonster wrote:There has been a lot of speculation over his name.

In the episode the Happiness Patrol, all off-worlders are given a designation, the Doctor's being Theta Sigma. He then comments that he had a similar nickname at school, but this might simply be a grade level or a rank when he applied for his doctorate.

But most likely his name is John Smith, or the Time Lord equivalent, because that is the name he's nearly always used when pretending to be a human and oddly enough its a name that sometimes is plucked out at random for him.

Oh my god yes. You all are Whovians. YES! Quite fun to read through this now that we know the answer to so many of these questions. The Silence is a religion, not a species, which resolves the Doctor's OOC, River Song; well of course, we all know who she is now Tongue I'm just dying to see where the next season brings us. The Christmas Special was a brilliant Episode, and the way it ended does still set up for the next season, albeit on a lighter tone than The Marriage of River Song.

But yes, my response. I HIGHLY doubt his name is John Smith Tongue John Smith is a stock name, similar to John Doe, used to show anonymity with a 'character'. Using John Smith was an easy name, somewhat believable, but revealed nothing about himself. I just hope we don't learn his name, as it'll be a really polarizing moment at that point. The Question was such a great twist though Smile

Amascut
Proselyte

Number of posts : 158

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044428364

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:03 am

I'm fairly certain they still haven't explained why the Tardis exploded. Wink

And I can't actually remember the last episode now, but did it explain what the Doctor was running from at the beginning of the Impossible Astronaut? Smile

The witches in the Shakespeare episode said they could not find a name; and the Lady in the Fireplace said something along those lines too. It's possible that he has no name?
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Amascut Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:17 am

At the start of Season 5? The Tardis exploded because the doctor regenerated mid-flight, and was unable to control the Tardis at the time. Twas also a convenient way to let Moffat take over the series, writing and design wise.

EDIT: Ah, just realized what you meant. The explosion in The Big Bang, yes. That was engineered by The Silence organization.
Amascut
Amascut
Proselyte

Number of posts : 158

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044428364

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:23 pm

In "Let's Kill Hilter", the Teselecta told the Doctor that the Silence is not on single species, but a religious order, dedicated to "bringing the silence" when the question is asked. In their interpretation, this means putting the Doctor out of the way by either incarcerating him (The Pandorica Opens) or killing him (Wedding of River Song).

As a religion, does this mean the Silence has more than one denomination; more than one way of carrying out their duty or interpreting the truth? If so, then it could be a case that the denomination that the Doctor keeps running into are the more aggressive and wish upon a violent means of removing the Doctor (causing the universe to be distorted or damaged badly in the process). Then somewhere out there are other sects, some perhaps being an assertive kind making sure that when the Doctor reaches Tranzalore, he can't hear anything so he won't hear the answer and there might be a passive sect just trying to make sure he loses his keys until after the time passes.

Also, if the question is "Doctor Who?", who founded the Silence as an order to prevent the Doctor reaching Trenzalore and the answer being uttered? An enemy or perhaps someone closer to home who would rather it be that the universe is better not knowing the Doctor's real name?
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 2641

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sat May 25, 2013 3:16 am

The Night and The Doctor (a series of shorts on the sixth season's DVD that interlaces with the episodes) are pretty good. But there was this one episode that was particularly good which I think better explains "time is constantly changing" than any of the in-episode explanations.

Amy: My life doesn't make any sense.
Doctor: I know
Amy: It's what I've been trying to talk to you about.
Doctor: I know.
Amy: When I first me you I didn't have parents. And then you did whatever it was you did and rebooted the universe and then suddenly I had parents. And I've always had parents. And I remember both lives - in my head - both of them in my head at the same time. And--
Doctor: And it's fine, isn't it?
Amy: It shouldn't be. Why is it fine?
Doctor: Rory was a Roman for 2000 years.
Amy: He says he hardly remembers it.
Doctor: Ah, but sometimes you catch him just staring. There are things Amy... everyone's memory is a mess, life is a mess. Everyone's got memories of say a holiday they never went on or a party they never went to or met someone for the first time and felt like they'd known them there whole lives. Time is being rewritten all around us, every day.
Doctor: Your saddest memory is at a fair ground in 1994. Can you remember why?
Amy: No. Hang on... did I drop an ice cream? But that can't be my saddest memory.
Doctor: A memory of ice cream is always sad.
TARDIS lights up and there's a jolt.
Amy: Did we just land? Where are we?
Doctor: What happened after you dropped the ice cream?
Amy: Nothing... I cried. No, no, hang on... there was a lady and she bought me another one.
Doctor: What did she look like?
Amy: She looked funny... she had a funny dress... a night dress... she had red hair. ...Doctor, I don't understand. Why are you doing this? What is the point?
Doctor: Imagine the lady - what did she say?
Amy: "Cheer up and have an ice cream"
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Sat May 25, 2013 7:54 am

I find a great flaw with the Great Intelligence's argument that the Doctor is blood soaked.

"Tell that to the leader of the Sycorax or Solomon the trader, the Daleks, the Cybermen."

Seriously?

The Syrcorax threatened to kill 2 billion humans unless 3 billion were sold into slavery. When he died, it was due to him dishonouring the rite of combat and the rest died as a part of Torchwood's defensive initiative.

Solomon the trader slaughtered an entire Silurian colony in cold blood for profit. He had no honour.

The Cybermen and the Daleks go without saying. Entire species destroyed and solar systems slain because of them. When you consider a universe without the Doctor with such monsters like them, their death is only setting the balance straight.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 2641

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4