The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back)

+3
Handeath
Dark Avorian
Slayer Noir
7 posters

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back) - Page 5 Empty A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back)

Post by Slayer Noir Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:14 am

First topic message reminder :

Race to the 80 Milestone Cape

A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back) - Page 5 Attack10 99A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back) - Page 5 Consti10 92>93A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back) - Page 5 Mining10 80
A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back) - Page 5 Streng10 93A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back) - Page 5 Agilit10 79>80A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back) - Page 5 Smithi10 80
A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back) - Page 5 Defenc10 85A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back) - Page 5 Herblo10 73>79A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back) - Page 5 Fishin10 81
A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back) - Page 5 Ranged10 84A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back) - Page 5 Thievi10 75>80A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back) - Page 5 Cookin10 83
A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back) - Page 5 Prayer10 88A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back) - Page 5 Crafti10 77>80A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back) - Page 5 Firema10 80
A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back) - Page 5 Magic-10 94A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back) - Page 5 Fletch10 71>80A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back) - Page 5 Woodcu10 83
A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back) - Page 5 Runecr10 86A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back) - Page 5 Slayer10 82A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back) - Page 5 Farmin10 74>80
A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back) - Page 5 Constr10 76>80A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back) - Page 5 Hunter10 71>80A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back) - Page 5 Summon10 78>80
A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back) - Page 5 Dungeo10 90>91

Spoiler:

Last edited by Slayer Noir on Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:01 am; edited 18 times in total
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1248

Back to top Go down

A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back) - Page 5 Empty Re: A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back)

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:23 am

MorbiusMonster wrote:Blacking out is a pathetic response to the Squeal of Fortune. It isn't really going to work, it just means that bots'll take the resources.

A blackout is one of the few ways to remind producers that we are their income, and we can stop it. And resources aren't finite, so who cares?

The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back) - Page 5 Empty Re: A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back)

Post by Slayer Noir Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:31 am

Since Squeal World Trading I've hardly played anyway. It'll take no willpower to not go on tomorrow, and any time I save can be put towards revision. Even if it achieves nothing, I don't loose anything.

I'd encourage you all to do the same, even if it achieves nothing, it's no great loss to you. (And if you do consider it a loss, you're addicted to RuneScape.)
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:59 am

Hey, even if it does nothing, Jagex will know that we're serious. More serious about the whole wildy removal fiasco back in '07.
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1668

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:07 am

As if a week of riots, countless negative feedback posts on the forums, membership boycotts and a poll on the RS wiki that resulted in a resouding "SOF is shit" wasn't enough to let JaGex know we were serious Tongue

I hope the blackout is really large scale. I really do.
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:11 am

During the Wildy crisis of 2007, I don't remember the steps people took other than rioting and complaining. Maybe this will have a greater impact on the company.

I hope that SoF sales have been shit. I really do.
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:18 am

I've got quests to submit onto the forums to keep up to date. I also give some sneak peeks at content otherwise not available until much later, such as snippets from the Nightmare Begins for one day only.

This isn't about trying back RWT or anything else, just trying to appeal to people that there is more than one solution.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 2641

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:25 am

I was inactive during the Wildy Crisis. It happened just after I quit.

So I don't know if what people are doing for the SOF Crisis is more or less than they did back then.

You're implying more has been done over SOF, and I hope you're right - maybe we won't have to wait so long for this whole thing to be sorted...

And Morb, I just don't understand why you can't wait one more day...
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:10 am

Morb, it really can wait a day. In fact, I might bump my thread one last time before it becomes midnight in the UK.

EDIT: right now there is 132k people playing. They might be playing to get ready to stop playing. lol
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Fri May 04, 2012 7:28 am

So yeah, I got bored and mashed up a picture of the Stone to use as a signature.

I rather like it...
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Sun May 13, 2012 5:58 am

So, 3mpty was asking about my stats the other day for our race...

Here's the deal
I have 9 skills under 80. Thing is, barring crafting, they're all members skills, so I can't even start training them until after my A level exams - late June.
So 3mpty, you have about a month and a bit to catch up, then a storm of leveling up will commence.

In other news, I had my last day of school, and it saddened me. Never thought it would...
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun May 13, 2012 7:48 am

That's lame! D:
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Wed May 16, 2012 3:31 am

Slayer, you got some tough competition; 3mpty has been skilling like f'ing crazy.
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Wed May 16, 2012 3:35 am

I know, I've been onlooking with concern as he rapidly posts updates of 5 or 6 skill rises. But it's ok. I'm quite far ahead at the moment, and I have money to blow on skilling. I'll be close but I think I've got this...
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Wed May 16, 2012 3:46 am

Alright; don't get too overconfident now.

Anyways the skills 3mpty are levelling are in the 60's and low 70's --it'll get harder once they get in to the upper 70's
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed May 16, 2012 7:42 pm

I reckon it'll be dungeoneering or farming that'll make it or break it for me. Merely because of the real-time constraint on the experience rate/how un-afkable it is.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Wed May 16, 2012 8:43 pm

Get Dungeoneering going now then. You get XP in other skills as you do it, so it'll help you to all your other goals.
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Tue May 22, 2012 1:21 am

Dear blog. I'm writing this using my brand new smartphone. Pretty neat, eh ?
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Tue May 22, 2012 1:52 am

Depends and what century we're living in. Wink
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Tue May 22, 2012 3:36 am

Dear Blog.

Below is a detailed plan of how I will beat 3mpty (AKA he who insulted my phone) into the ground in our race.

1. Now - 23rd June. Money, money, money. Make as much money as my exams allow in the Great Orb Project.
2. After 23rd June. Become a member. This is rather important.
3. Surrender to the Squeal of Fail. Currently possessing 11 free spin tickets, I should be able to get some nice XP lamps from the Squeal of Fortune. Spend on Summoning, and begin making progress from 78 to 80.
4. Morytania Achievement diaries. My current skillset will allow me to do up to the hard tasks, yielding 34k in XP lamps. Again, spend on summoning.
5. Reclaim my quest cape: Both The Elder Kiln and The Firemaker's Curse give 30k agility XP, so that's 60k towards 80 agility. And I'm 79 right now.
6. Using charms, train summoning. I have a fairly large stock of these babies, and they should get me to level 80 with all the additional help I've had.
7. Remaining money spent on Livid Farm. Don't get me wrong, the Livid Farm is SO F***KING BORING, but it's one of the best ways to get Farming XP, and usefully, you earn agility, construction and crafting XP too - three other skills I need. Plus, I really want Veng Group.
8. By now, I'll be close to 80 in most skills. A bit of money making at Frost Dragons will be in order now, so I'll go do that (if I haven't decided to do so already). This money should buy me level 80 herblore and fletching.
9. Finish off any skills that the previous 8 steps have left slightly below 80.
10. Laugh at 3mpty. Muhahaha
11. Laugh at 3mpty some more.
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Tue May 22, 2012 4:46 am

^You know you'll most likely loose your soul to RS if you become member, right?
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1367

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Tue May 22, 2012 4:55 am

Which is exactly why I'm not becoming a member until after exams
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Tue May 22, 2012 4:59 am

ok
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1367

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Tue May 22, 2012 7:29 pm

It's funny, because I can probably follow your list of things to do right now for the same rewards. Wink

Also, I was a member all of May, so I get a 250k xp boost. Smile

And I have 'til the 23rd of June?! I was racing to be finished by the 1st, I can now relax. So Much Win
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Tue May 22, 2012 7:32 pm

You really think you'll be done that soon?????
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Tue May 22, 2012 7:33 pm

No, I was genuinely worried. XD

I reckon I could have gotten either 80 Dungeoneering or 80 everything else by that point, if I really tried. Farming might have fallen short, but given the 1st was only when I thought you were becoming a member I still had the time you would take to train. I don't know why, but when you said June I imagined the beginning... you're not becoming a member 'til basically July. Wink

Last edited by 3mptylord on Tue May 22, 2012 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Tue May 22, 2012 7:37 pm

If you had 80 everything else, Dungeoneering would be a walk-through. You'd be able to do almost anything in the dungeons. So I'd do it in that order if I were you.
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next