The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Confusion?

3 posters

Go down

Confusion? Empty Confusion?

Post by Dragon78114 Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:17 am

With the merging of all the Once-6 Suggestions Forums into one, general thread, do you think that people and their ideas will get heard as well? I personally hate it since now there is everything jumbleled up there: quests, activities, skills, bosses, and items? Was that even necessary?

Lol, a lot of the threads have very similar suggestions before the forums as did the threads before the forums merged.

Well, at least we have this think over here.
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1668

Back to top Go down

Confusion? Empty Re: Confusion?

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:56 am

They originally split it because the forums were moving too fast. Unfortunately, some of the split forums now moved too slow (such as Quest, etc). The split also meant that players didn't even check some forums - the Quest forum is slow, I can check weekly and I'd still be up to date. So, they combined them back into one and instead split who could post. And whilst it's achieved being slower than the old single-forum, but faster than the old split, I'm not sure if it's speed is down to a successful update or that it was so unsuccessful that people just aren't posting. Tongue

The difference with our site is that we have a "Latest Topics", which allows us to see what's new. And the feature which highlights threads you have replies on also helps. Thing is, the way Jagex's forums are constructed they could have such a good layout. They could quite easily have the Suggestions category link to a forum which displays the top 50 pages of all the split forums. So you'd have the split forum structure and the general forum. If your thread falls off the end in the general forum it's not dead, it's just not one of the top suggestions.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:44 am

Oh, that makes so much sense. Even now the suggestions forums are very slow moving. Perhaps many skilled suggested have moved away because of their ideas required a little more space and different things like concept art that is pretty much impossible to put on those strange forums.

And I do like that idea about having the link to the other 6 split forums via the main suggesting forum.
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1668

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:37 am

The combo-forum isn't possible on this forum as it's not coded the same. I only know it's possible on the structure RuneScape uses is due to the quick find codes. There are 000-999 slots for threads in each forum (20 per page, 50 pages). When you create a thread, you kill the last thread in the forum and take it's slot - which is why there is seemingly no order to it. It's just a case of calling them all into one list (queries and stuff), then just limiting the list. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Kandarin Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:07 am

Whilst it may have initially slowed things down, the massive surge of new forum members has completely undermined years of noob-weaning. All those ideas that the forum had virtually grown out of, all those nooby ideas... the forum is full of them again. Suddenly they're moving as fast as ever.
Sir Kandarin
Sir Kandarin
Proselyte

Number of posts : 192

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum