The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jero's guide to Tormenting Demons!

2 posters

Go down

Jero's guide to Tormenting Demons! Empty Jero's guide to Tormenting Demons!

Post by blank Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:47 am

Title Dark Avorian-approved!

Hello all,

Welcome to my guide about Tormented Demons(A catchy title, I think you’ll agree). In this guide, I will address the best way of fighting Tormented Demons(According to my own personal experience). Note that I have used Rune Wikia for certain aspects of the guide that I haven’t used myself. This guide covers:

1) Cookies
2) Tormented Demon solo-setup + strategy
3) Tormented Demon duo-setup + strategy
4) Luring strategies
5) More cookies
6) Attack description
7) Drop table
8) Rare item drop rates
9) FAQ

Alright then, let’s get started.

Chapter 1: Cookies

Cookies can be eaten. Do this whenever you have the chance. Dipping them in milk can also be a delicacy.

Chapter 2: Tormented Demon solo-setup

Equipment:
(NOTE: If using Diamond or Ruby Bolts, take about 200.)

Most effective – Second most effective – Reasonably effective

Helm: Void Range/Melee(with Void Set)/ Verac’s Helm – Helm of Neitiznot – Warrior Helm
Amulet: Amulet of Fury – Amulet of Glory – Amulet of Ranging
Ring: Onyx Ring(i)/Dragonstone Ring(i) – Archer’s ring(i) – Ring of Life
Torso: Void(with Void Set)/ Karil’s Leathertop – Black d’hide – Armadyl Chestplate
Legs: Void(with Void Set)/ Verac’s Plateskirt – Black d’hide – Armadyl Platelegs
Cape: Ava’s Accumulator/Soul Wars Cape – Skill cape(t) – Fire Cape/Ava’s Attractor
Bow: Rune Crossbow – Zanik’s Crossbow/Crystal Bow – Dark Bow
Gloves: Barrows /Void(with Void Set) – Dragon Gauntlets – Combat Bracelet
Boots: Dragon Boots – Snakeskin Boots – Fremennik Boots 3
Ammo: Diamond Bolts(e)/Ruby Bolts(e) – Emerald Bolts(e) – Broad Bolts/Adamant Bolts
Shield: Blessed Spirit Shield – Spirit Shield – God Book [I’d advise not to take a shield if you’re using the Dragon Halberd or a Godsword, it just takes up food space]
Melee Weapon: Chaotic/Vesta’s Longsword – Godsword – Dragon Halberd

Inventory:

Sapphire Lantern
Darklight
Your chosen second weapon
5 Prayer Potions(with 70 Prayer or above)
1 Terrorbird/Tortoise/Titan/Unicorn Stallion Pouch(if using a Titan or the Unicorn Stallion, bring about 200 scrolls)
15-18 Rocktails(Sharks or higher will work as well)
OPTIONAL: Leaving 1 or 2 spaces open for drops. This will probably be completely unnecessary though, since you’re bound to eat at least 1 piece of food.

Tormented Demons can use all protection prayers. They will switch the prayers to a corresponding attack style that has done them 310 damage.

A Tormented Demon has 4 attacks: A normal Melee attack, a Ranged attack, a Mage attack and a Multi-target Mage attack. The Ranged and Mage attacks can hit up to 269 life points, whilst the Melee attack can only hit up to 169 lifepoints. The Multi-target Mage attack can be EXTREMELY dangerous, since it can go straight through any safe spot you use. Make sure you only have 1 demon locked onto you. If there are more than 1 demons targeting you, they may all suddenly use the Multi-target attack, which can be hazardous for your health. Also, know that if it uses this attack, it can INSTANTLY switch to another style, possibly hitting three 269’s on you! You can predict the multi-target attack when you see the demon roar, although don’t switch to protect from mage unless you see the magic attack flying. It uses that roar animation everytime it switches styles, and sometimes it doesn’t even switch styles.
Protect from Melee/ranged/Mage will completely negate the corresponding attack though.

I would recommend using the Dragon Halberd with Diamond or Ruby Bolts(e), since it will limit the Tormented Demon to 2 attacks instead of 3, thereby making it easier to predict it’s attacks. Always be on your guard when trying to take down the Fire Shield, for the Demon can suddenly switch to Melee and hit you badly.

A Tormented Demon has a Fire Shield that blocks 75% of all damage. Add the Protection Prayers to that, and you’ve almost got a 100% blockade of your attacks. This is where Darklight comes in. If you damage the Tormented Demon with Darklight, even if it is only 1 lp, the Fire Shield will fall and the Demon will be fully vulnerable to all of your attacks.

Also, note that Verac’s Set is able to hit through the Demon’s Melee Prayer.
blank
blank
Proselyte

Number of posts : 461

Back to top Go down

Jero's guide to Tormenting Demons! Empty Re: Jero's guide to Tormenting Demons!

Post by blank Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:48 am

Reserved
blank
blank
Proselyte

Back to top Go down

Post by blank Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:49 am

Reserved
blank
blank
Proselyte

Back to top Go down

Post by blank Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:49 am

Open! Grin
blank
blank
Proselyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:04 am

>_> i should get void...
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:05 am

Would it be bad to just bring pray boosting gear?
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Post by blank Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:16 am

It wouldn't do you all that much good tbh. Mage protection is kinda important ^^
blank
blank
Proselyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down