The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh Em Gee!!!

+4
Blaze FF8
Ruy112
The Empty Lord
Dark Avorian
8 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Oh Em Gee!!! - Page 3 Empty Oh Em Gee!!!

Post by Dark Avorian Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:02 am

First topic message reminder :

Why did no one tell me about this!?
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Oh Em Gee!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Oh Em Gee!!!

Post by MorbiusMonster Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:03 am

How can we be sure that Lucien has the stone? Maybe that stone is a decoy for the real thing, placed perfectly well so that it would be a scapegoat for the real stone of Jas. It is imbued with some amount of power so that mortals can be easily fooled by it, thinking the stone to have real power, but it isn't thereal stone.

I think Guthix would be slightly wiser than to leave an icon of all power on RuneScape. The Mahjarrat, the Temple Knights and a variety of creatures earnt themselves notoriety in that period, so Guthix would not be ignorant to their presence, and how they would all delight in favouring their god. The balance is delicate, and Guthix would naturally allow certain limits, provided they could be equalled by the other side of the equilibrium. If the Stone is as poweful as suggested, leaving it on Gielinor is an imbalance waiting to happen, no matter what security he puts in place.

In my opinion, which to some of you is irrelevant, the Stone isn't on Gielinor at all! Something that brought life to this world and gives it energy would have to be a whole lot bigger than the object we have seen. Taking a little inspiration from the real world, I reckon the real stone of Jas is...

The Moon!

Our moon is crucial to our planet's delicate life. Its gravity holds our planet on its axis, giving us seasons that allow a diversity of life and the cycle of nature. The same gravity also gives us the tides that give diversity in the ocean and scientists have found evidence for the moon occaisionally causing earthquakes and volcanoes, both are processes to restore balance in the internal works of the Earth. The early Earth collided with the moon and the iron sank to the core to give us the magentic outer core that protects us from radiation to even allow life!

Therefore the stone of Jas could be the moon. Guthix used the stone to bring life to this world, so it makes sense if you liken Gielinor to Earth. The moon allows life and biodiversity to exist by the effect it has on the Earth itself, so maybe Guthix simply incorporated this powerful object, enormously large object to imitate that to make life in Gielinor possible when it was barren.

Cast away this thought if you want to, but at least hear me out. The Rune Essence is said to be drawn from the Stone, so Rune Essence could be moonstone.
The internal workings of the Stone would be slightly different to our moon so that it has more than just gravity, but people theorise a powerful energy source, Helium-3 to be on the moon which is a renewable energy, like magic in RuneScape.
And who was it that discovered a sample of the stone and achieved the point of enlightened seer? It was the moon clan! Presumably named so, because they believed what they had found had come from the moon, as is the speculation for an awful lot of phenomena in our world.

In conclusion, the stone that Lucien owns is in fact either a fake or fragment of the real thing, formed when Gielinor was still in formation when Guthix may have tried to create a moon. Afterall, Guthix refuses to take credit for creating Gielinor, saying a higher power did that, but he most likely gave it life with what resources he had, one being the Stone, so he may have just founded Gielinor's moon, and all life would come into being by what effect it had on the planet.

MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 2641

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:11 am

Feel free to put that message on the RuneScape forums, but give me full credit for it.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:43 am

I think Guthix would be slightly wiser than to leave an icon of all power on RuneScape.

It's not a case of being wise, it's a case of loyalty. God could have removed the Apple from the Garden so has to prevent Adam and Eve eating it, but that was not the test. It's quite a simple concept. It's not a case of keeping them safe, it's a case of them wanting to keep themselves safe. Although, it's not a bad plot twist but... the double bluff is a bit too obvious in such as storyline.

The Mahjarrat, the Temple Knights and a variety of creatures earnt themselves notoriety in that period, so Guthix would not be ignorant to their presence, and how they would all delight in favouring their god. The balance is delicate, and Guthix would naturally allow certain limits, provided they could be equalled by the other side of the equilibrium. If the Stone is as poweful as suggested, leaving it on Gielinor is an imbalance waiting to happen, no matter what security he puts in place.

He put no security in place and it was not Guthix's to protect. The Stone has been pass around like a coin or antique for thousands of years. If a coven chose to defend it, it was their choice. Guthix found the stone like all others after him. Guthix stated that his true symbol was lost, and he merely hoped that it would remain as such.

Our moon is crucial to our planet's delicate life. Its gravity holds our planet on its axis, giving us seasons that allow a diversity of life and the cycle of nature. The same gravity also gives us the tides that give diversity in the ocean and scientists have found evidence for the moon occaisionally causing earthquakes and volcanoes, both are processes to restore balance in the internal works of the Earth. The early Earth collided with the moon and the iron sank to the core to give us the magentic outer core that protects us from radiation to even allow life!

So your reason for picking the moon has nothing to do with the fact lycanthropy, in it's most traditional sense, is tidal/affected by the gravitational pull of the moon? Tongue

Therefore the stone of Jas could be the moon. Guthix used the stone to bring life to this world, so it makes sense if you liken Gielinor to Earth. The moon allows life and biodiversity to exist by the effect it has on the Earth itself, so maybe Guthix simply incorporated this powerful object, enormously large object to imitate that to make life in Gielinor possible when it was barren

Flaws in your hypothesis is that Guthix created very little life - he merely brought it here. Also, "life" existed on the planet before Guthix got here - most notably the delicate races, but also the TzHaar and the Dragonkin.

It's still an interesting idea, though.

PS. I have no interest in posting it for you on the forums, with credit or not. Wow, vain much.

Last edited by 3mptylord on Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:58 am; edited 2 times in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:48 am

Screw this, I'm getting a pizza.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:53 am

Okay...
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:07 am

I chose the moon, because it was the first thing that popped into my head, and thinking about it logically made sense.

Guthix did put security in place, the Balance Elemental and Juna. I doubt it is a simple issue of loyalty for the safety of the Stone, otherwise it would have been stolen sooner. The gods that lived on Chaos and War would have come to form a gross dislike for Guthix, because he ruined their "fun". The Mahjarrat would most likely think the same, and I think one of the Mahjarrat stated that Zamorak was imprisoned by the Edicts taking effect (though this could be just individual opinion) and would like to spite Guthix in some way.

Guthix was fully aware how dangerous the Mahjarrat are and how relentless they could be. Simple loyalty would never last long, as soon as his back was turned.

I didn't say that Guthix created life, but merely allowed the process to occur by having the Moon founded. He would invite more complex species, such as humans, later on. The Moon has proven to be fundamental to the cycle of life on Earth and to cycle of the Earth's geology. I thought it seemed like a good idea to mention.

Lycanthropy doesn't come anywhere into this.

Last edited by MorbiusMonster on Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:10 am; edited 1 time in total
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by blank Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:09 am

Morbius, if you ask me, the moon theory is kinda far-fetched...

Although it is interesting to think that the stone we know now might merely be a fragment, you might as well say that the real Stone of Jas is the planet's core or something!

Also, this is a game. I don't even think RS has a moon! Even if it did, that wouldn't mean that it would have the same effects as it does here... For all we know, the moon could be as useful as an empty pen!
blank
blank
Proselyte

Number of posts : 461

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:12 am

Actually, the moon theory doesn't seem too far fetched.
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:15 am

So you'll happily accept infinitely improbable scenarios such as Necromacy, Summoning, Dream worlds, the Manefest of Nightmares, demons, time travel and pretty much everything else RuneScape has thrown at us, yet consider this to be illogical when it makes more sense than most of what we have seen!

RuneScape does have a moon, how else do you explain the model seen in the Observatory building, which features one large sphere with a smaller sphere surrounding it and another with two orbiting it?

And don't say an empty pen is useless, you can use it for a lot of things. The casing can be used to stored other small things or recycled for other uses after it has been remelted.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by blank Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:17 am

MorbiusMonster wrote:I chose the moon, because it was the first thing that popped into my head, and thinking about it logically made sense.

Guthix did put security in place, the Balance Elemental and Juna. I doubt it is a simple issue of loyalty for the safety of the Stone, otherwise it would have been stolen sooner. The gods that lived on Chaos and War would have come to form a gross dislike for Guthix, because he ruined their "fun". The Mahjarrat would most likely think the same, and I think one of the Mahjarrat stated that Zamorak was imprisoned by the Edicts taking effect (though this could be just individual opinion) and would like to spite Guthix in some way.

I didn't say that Guthix created life, but merely allowed the process to occur my having the Moon founded. He would invite more complex species, such as humans, later on.

Juna is hardly protection... She doesn't even move from her precious tears ^^ If you ask me, Guthix knew that the Stone would be found again, and put the Balance Elemental to guard it. However, over the years, the Elemental's power went downhill, which is why we were able to defeat it without the Stone of Jas.

Also, I doubt the Stone would have been stolen sooner, it hadn't even been heard of before! After the Fremenniks went on their Magic-is-bad-rampage, the Stone dissapeared out of sight. Also, Guthix didn't reveal himself to any of the Gods before he ended the God Wars, so they couldn't be mad at him for ruining their "fun" until after the actual events ending the God Wars.
blank
blank
Proselyte

Back to top Go down

Post by blank Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:19 am

MorbiusMonster wrote:So you'll happily accept infinitely improbable scenarios such as Necromacy, Summoning, Dream worlds, the Manefest of Nightmares, demons, time travel and pretty much everything else RuneScape has thrown at us, yet consider this to be illogical when it makes more sense than most of what we have seen!

RuneScape does have a moon, how else do you explain the model seen in the Observatory building, which features one large sphere with a smaller sphere surrounding it and another with two orbiting it?

And don't say an empty pen is useless, you can use it for a lot of things. The casing can be used to stored other small things or recycled for other uses after it has been remelted.

I never said that! And I said that I wasn't sure if it had a moon, and that it might not have one, I never said it absolutely didn't have one. And Runescape is a game, nothing has to make sense here!

As for the empty pen, I mean as in writing. You can't use an empty pen to write.
blank
blank
Proselyte

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:41 am

Forget the pizza, I'll have Bangers and Mash.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:41 am

Guthix did put security in place, the Balance Elemental and Juna. I doubt it is a simple issue of loyalty for the safety of the Stone, otherwise it would have been stolen sooner. The gods that lived on Chaos and War would have come to form a gross dislike for Guthix, because he ruined their "fun".

Wrong, Zamorak liked Guthix - especially when he was angry and destroyed things. Okay, I'm paraphrasing. He said he prefers Guthix to Saradomin... because he destroys things when he's angry. Tongue

I am honestly shocked at your Morbius, I would have thought you of all people would understand the difference between balance and nature... Guthix is not a hippy. The Fist of Guthix is often literally imagined as a wound in the earth made when Guthix slammed the stone in the ground (apparently even magical relics need a boot start to work Wink). Obviously, that last bit is probably a load of crap but it's still funny to think of it happening. Tongue

The Mahjarrat would most likely think the same, and I think one of the Mahjarrat stated that Zamorak was imprisoned by the Edicts taking effect (though this could be just individual opinion) and would like to spite Guthix in some way.

Actually, Bilrach said that Zamorak was imprisoned. However, all other accounts of the Edicts state that they are merely a barrier. It's exile verses emprisonment. The Legacy of Seergaze would imply that even Zamorakians believe him just exiled... yet, Bilrach says he is trapped. Unless the gods are literally bound within the Edicts — like being trapped in a book, rr the stone. *hits the Drama Button* — then Zamorak suffered a unique punishment.

Guthix was fully aware how dangerous the Mahjarrat are and how relentless they could be. Simple loyalty would never last long, as soon as his back was turned.
I'm not sure how much Guthix knows of the Mahjarrat. He doesn't even recall how he knows the name "Zaros".

Lycanthropy doesn't come anywhere into this.
I was joking. You are quite obsessed though. Tongue

MorbiusMonster wrote:So you'll happily accept infinitely improbable scenarios such as Necromacy, Summoning, Dream worlds, the Manefest of Nightmares, demons, time travel and pretty much everything else RuneScape has thrown at us, yet consider this to be illogical when it makes more sense than most of what we have seen!

Perhaps that is the problem. All that is bogus, fantasy, and outright improbable... whilst the moon theory is quite logicial and somewhat disappointing how plausible it is. I do like it though, I'm not saying that. Although, liking your moon theory is ruining the stub of story I've been planning... >_<

Assuming we are the larger planet, and that we are not the moon.

Not that it's of any canon source, in the universe model I created of RuneScape - Gielinor was in dual orbit with another planet (similar to Pluto and Charon). Wink

Juna is hardly protection... She doesn't even move from her precious tears ^^ If you ask me, Guthix knew that the Stone would be found again, and put the Balance Elemental to guard it. However, over the years, the Elemental's power went downhill, which is why we were able to defeat it without the Stone of Jas.

To be honest, that structure was built by man. And it's possible that the stone created the Elemental. Juna knows of it, possibly from the Guardians (or just her psychic general knowledge power).

Last edited by 3mptylord on Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:02 am; edited 3 times in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:42 am

MorbiusMonster wrote:Forget the pizza, I'll have Bangers and Mash.

With peas and gravy? Grin
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:51 am

Oh yes!
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:05 am

*drools*

The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum