The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduce Yourselves!

+23
Gladzosaurus Rex
Happy Malady
Dragon78114
MorbiusMonster
Kideras
ashley
trixtor
Blaze FF8
Carnage
2---2-5
Orb Master44
Ruy112
Stretch
Sir Kandarin
Prince Patar
Guardian of Death
invinible
Dark Avorian
blackcat
trio0
TATORZ
The Empty Lord
Fishvendor
27 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Introduce Yourselves! - Page 5 Empty Introduce Yourselves!

Post by Fishvendor Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:32 am

First topic message reminder :

Hey all!

Seems like I found a new forum to spam, now I'm not a member anymore Grin
Fishvendor
Fishvendor
Page

Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Introduce Yourselves! - Page 5 Empty Re: Introduce Yourselves!

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:31 am

The definition of anthromorph is to become more human, as you said. We won't become more human - we are human. Anthromorph is not OUR evolutionary future - it's is, by definition, impossible.

This is all I meant in my first comment on the subject.

<~>

If you want to continue arguing about the definition of words then that's fine.

Spoiler:

Last edited by 3mptylord on Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:55 am; edited 1 time in total

The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kideras Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:52 am

I always suspected Morbius was a therian, I was right =P

if your waiting for evolution Morbius, it would probably be better to hope that when we can genetically alter ourselves that you can have your kids be werewolves or whatever, (unless it becomes like Mass Effect where you aren't allowed to add abilities but just enhance them, then you would need to find a black market genetics lab =P)
Kideras
Kideras
Initiate

Number of posts : 67

Back to top Go down

Post by trixtor Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:13 am

I doubt that we will evolve anymore. What need is there? As stated before, the only hope of human/ (other) animal creatures is genetic manipulation. Also, humans can't breed with non-humans. The only interesting result of such an action is a new STD.
trixtor
trixtor
Advocate

Number of posts : 538

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:18 am

We will only evolve to make redundant things we don't need, but we probably won't change anymore. Tongue

Well, until we populate other planets/environments. Existing races are 'caused by environmental difference. The white skintone was originally to help Europeans survive the cold. If we go to a planet with increased gravity we may get denser bones and a squatter appearance. Smile
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by trixtor Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:26 am

I doubt that we will ever evolve tails though. Fur is also unlikely, as Eskimos stand the cold well without fur (except coats).
trixtor
trixtor
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:28 am

We have spent millions of years slowly reducing it to it's current regions - it's probably not going to come back. Wink

And tail-wanters - you have a pinky-toe. You only have your adapted feet to blame. Wink
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:40 pm

3mptylord wrote:We will only evolve to make redundant things we don't need, but we probably won't change anymore. Tongue

Well, until we populate other planets/environments. Existing races are 'caused by environmental difference. The white skintone was originally to help Europeans survive the cold. If we go to a planet with increased gravity we may get denser bones and a squatter appearance. Smile

Just sayin' that every one is evolving with each passing generation genetically whether we like it or not. It can provide visible changes, or it may not. It can be useful, do nothing, or be destructive, we only inherit mutations through chance. If we found a way t manipulate our own DNA as Kideras pointed out, that would be great, but that can also be bad. Too many Aryans can be a bad thing and provide not enough biodiversity to sustain life. It is considered genetically better to mate inter-racially, since you might get protections that only one race has, while receiving the genetic benefits of the other. Wink

3mpty I think you are confusing environmental factors with genetic factors.

Melanin concentration throughout life is based on genetics, but changed via environment. How do you think white people become tan? Tongue

Last edited by Dragon78114 on Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1668

Back to top Go down

Post by trixtor Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:46 pm

Dragon78114 wrote: Too many Aryans can be a bad thing and provide not enough biodiversity to sustain life.

Do you mean the actual Aryans who settled in India, or the "Aryans"?
trixtor
trixtor
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:05 pm

the Aryan race...the race Hitler was obsessed about Tongue
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1668

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:07 pm

Having thought it over, anthro and therian could be either negative or positive.

Anthro could be considered negative as it means an animal with human intelligence. Basically, if a human became more animal, calling them an anthro could mean that they have advanced, but advanced from something they may not have been.

Therians could be thought of as a symbol of degeneration if used, once being human, now becoming animal.

Basically, one actual meaning of the word will be ignored depending on your outlook, like I said. A majority of humans are stupid and misinformed, and like words that sound good regardless of their meaning. If we evolved, they'd want to hear the good news and rather be called something associated more with advancement than degeneration, even if the term is used incorrectly.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 2641

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:48 pm

We came from Africa and were dark skinned.

Dark skin is more resilient to light, and with an abundance of it this had no adverse side effects.

When we went north suddenly not taking in as much light could be fatal... Whether it's lack of vitamin D, heat loss, etc. Our skin got paler. Tan is just a temporary darkening for the summer months when the sun is in more excess.

Morb, I don't really understand what we're nearly arguing about. Anthro is the Greek suffix for man, like the Latin 'homo'. Anthromorph does not mean to become more intelligent/advanced unless that happens to also be the case. Therian means animal/nothuman. You don't use them in context of intelligence, only in context of human. It's our word about us... Other species can have their own dictionary. Tongue

Last edited by 3mptylord on Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Malady Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:33 pm

Despite being a Christian and strongly disagreeing with this information, I gotta give the theory of environmental adaptation some credit. It makes sense where evolution doesn't.
But I gotta say, as each generation comes, we are indeed changing all the time based on both genetic and environmental factors. Genetic being the base subject, and environmental being the stage that affects us during life and changes our genes ever so slightly to pass on to the next generation. As you say, these things can cause the change to skin tone.

Wait a minute, is this an arguement or a discussion?
Happy Malady
Happy Malady
Squire

Number of posts : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Gladzosaurus Rex Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:58 am

Quite an interesting discussion up there, but I'll refrain from stepping on everyone's feet Sigh

Anyway, sup. I'm Uncl T, going by G-Rex or the full name on most fora I traffic, and been TST since 06 or something, years ago at least. Didn't know there was a forum like this as I've been rs retired for years now, but stumbled across it checking the rsb topic out :$ The only thing faintly interesting is Pking & warring every now and then, so that's all I do. Meh, just ask away :p

Peace out and no hating on the yellow (:
Gladzosaurus Rex
Gladzosaurus Rex
Proselyte

Number of posts : 145

http://www.the-gladiatorz.com/forums/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:14 am

I don't like yellow usually, but I'll make an exception since it doesn't look bad on our grey. Wink
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gladzosaurus Rex Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:14 am

Well I've been using it for longer than I've been on the RSB Introduce Yourselves! - Page 5 Hmph
Gladzosaurus Rex
Gladzosaurus Rex
Proselyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:38 am

I won't hate, but when your dessicated, masticated, and disected corpse is found, that'll be the reason why, and I'll be the culprit.
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gladzosaurus Rex Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:17 pm

As long as I'm not getting raped it's fine by me Smile
Gladzosaurus Rex
Gladzosaurus Rex
Proselyte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:01 am

Shouting "surprise" cancels rape. Wink
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:10 pm

As does the victim saying 'thank you.'

Dark humor aside, 'ello I am Handeath. I played since 02, but took a 2 year break in 04. I came back as a member and played ever since. I enjoy questing, combat, and minigames and my first suggestion, and time on the RSOF, was 2 years ago when I talked to a fellow ranger about the Ranged Guild. I soon stumbled upon Homecoming Apocoylpse (?), and having been inspired made many suggestions, many are built off of ideas I have seen or heard. Tongue When I made my first, bonefided original suggestion (well, the inspiration for a Zamorakian ally came from 3mpty's idea on a Zamorakian Prayerbook Duuurrrr), I was dismayed about the lack of feedback. After chatting with 3mpty, I joined this marvelous land to be greeted by

3mpty's lack of feedback.
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Number of posts : 955

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:28 pm

I love to displease. Wink

*sigh*

I'll read it now...
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gladzosaurus Rex Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:23 pm

Welcome Smile Loving the square-off already haha
Gladzosaurus Rex
Gladzosaurus Rex
Proselyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Amascut Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:34 am

Well hi. I finally bothered to register, for all those that know me from the RSOF. I'm Amascut, known as Amascut there as well; writer of quests, eater of many things, and killing of really big monsters. I'm also known as the mayor of the little village up the coast, on occasion.

In-game, I'm big on skills, tasks, and quests, and less on combat, which is ironic considering the fact that I love to create complex and unique boss content for the quests I write. Quests are my main writing focus, but I've also created a skill area for a series, and plan to eventually create more.

I've written the Rise of Lahzrah series, the I Am Become series, the standalone grandmaster, Blood and Sand, and the first three quests in the Mysteries of the Mines series (alongside a skill area for them), as well as a quest with Robo Hobo, entitled The Avian Seas, which will eventually become a three-part series, finishing the Fremmenik, Dagganoth, and Enchanted Key storylines once and for all, and building purely off of lore that is in-game, with very little additions, for a pure experience that feels like it could belong in-game. Robo and I are also hosts of the Quest Suggestions Database on the RSOF, which we started a year or so ago.

Recently I'd been extremely busy, so Quest-writing had fallen off the table for me, but I'm finally getting back into it, and finally listened to Jeeves, Handeath, Lord Drayment, and the whole QSD crew that is over here, and made an account yesterday. Hopefully the place manages to be somewhat active, but this is also a great place to run some quests by others before I get them up on the RSOF, and also a good storage spot, in case of death.

TL;DR: I'm Amascut; I like quests; I like devouring things; hi.
Amascut
Amascut
Proselyte

Number of posts : 158

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044428364

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:51 am

Ohaii there. Wink

My own campaign in the RuneScape community has somewhat died, but I still log on here occasionally. I plan to start writing again soon through, or, start writing. I need to start writing my game fluff. Pleased

Welcome. Smile
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Amascut Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:58 am

Yeah, I got rather in-active in-game for awhile, but I'm making a start to return finally! And my RS writing has really been ignored, so I do need to fix that Tongue

Thanks for the welcome Grin
Amascut
Amascut
Proselyte

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:37 am

What kind of RS writing? You do quests?
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 2641

Back to top Go down

Post by Amascut Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:45 am

Yep, as mentioned, I've got I Am Become (7 part rather epic series) and The Rise of Lahzrah (4 part, 3 done) on the RSOF, and a GM called Blood and Sand, which I've not yet reposted, and a series called Mystery of the Mines in the work; as well as the Avian Seas series with Robo Hobo.

We also started the Quest Suggestions Database, which has brought about what seems to be the start of the return of Player-written quests, and hopefully thanks to our efforts, have increased the quality as well. A friend of mine, Oni-Sama, enjoys critiquing them, and has said that thanks to us (we review, and such), it seems quality has gone up, which is really really nice.
Amascut
Amascut
Proselyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum