The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wilderness Wall

4 posters

Go down

Wilderness Wall Empty Wilderness Wall

Post by The Empty Lord Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:50 am

I likes it! Well, in contrast to the ditch. It also looks like it could be potentially signification... very crumbled and ruin-like. Especially the pillars with fancy markings. Grin
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Wilderness Wall Empty Re: Wilderness Wall

Post by Duskcurse Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:11 am

Yeah it looks pretty cool
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1367

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:22 am

Omigod. I actually spent like 5 minutes wondering what you were talking 'bout before I considered it could be an update Shock. My quitting is decent!?
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:31 am

The Recent Updates is the biggest hint. Tongue

It's not an amazing update, but I've always hated the ditch. Ugly ditch is ugly. Angry

They could have made it a bit more featured, though. Rather than just uniform columns, set it further away from Varrock Wall and but features like ruined watchtowers, ruined bridge-section, etc. Have a couple of breaks in it too that have been patched up with wood (by do-gooders not wanting you in the wilderness).

And... urr... have an actual way that NPCs would have crossed the wall. When it was complete there's no way through... although, I didn't check North of Varrock (which has a road, so it may have been given a gatehouse-type ruin). Simple a gatehouse, with a portcullis lying on the floor (or is portcullis the name of the archway and not the gate itself?) and a rickety gate that can be jumped and opened. Smile
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Orb Master44 Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:12 am

I agree, the wall is much prettier than the ditch - although it doesn't solve the problem everyone has with it. It's still in the way of abyss crafters and a pain in general.

And dang, you're right. How did people cross it before it was crumbled? Assuming it wasn't built crumbled in the first place.
Orb Master44
Orb Master44
TST Leader
TST Leader

Number of posts : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:07 am

They should make the ditch auto-jump permitted you accept a warning (like the noob-zone). Perhaps disable the auto-jump feature in the Bounty Worlds to prevent luring... Smile
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:31 am

Just abolish it completely and add a spoon the appears and puts the fear of god in you as you approach it, reducing you to a shivering wreck.

Tales tell of the one good deed of the Culinaromancer. They say that long ago, before he was turned to evil and met his DOOM, he made a great barrier of magical force and ancient dread. This force was tied to the guts of every man, woman, and child--the source of their courage. The focal point of the barricade is a mysterious spoon which fills the heart of good and evil alike with dread, and bars the barrier against the evils of the north. DOOM shall fall on all who pass

-The Doomsayer

At low levels you will have to stutter out "There is no spoon." however when you achieve a high enough level you may take the blue pill hidden beneath and realize there is no spoon.

Some few realize that the tale of the spoon is but an illusion put upon the populace to keep them docile and safe. Whilst the goals of the advisor and his minions are admirable, we have long thought that the best way to be safe from those in the north is to acknowledge their presence, deny their dominion, and resist them. Those who can deny the power of the spoon, may find the red pill resting lightly within. This pill was placed there by an agent of ours--may he rest in peace for his sacrifice--and is the only antidote to the dangerous placidity enacted upon all adventurers by the tiny blue pill slipped to them by their own "advisor."

All who read this know the truth, and I have left this here to fill in the details.

-The Keeper of Knowledge

Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down