The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RAGE! Products that can't perform their function...

+2
Ruy112
The Empty Lord
6 posters

Go down

RAGE! Products that can't perform their function... Empty RAGE! Products that can't perform their function...

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:14 pm

Angry RAGE THREAD! Angry
Products That Don't Perform...

Has anyone ever bought something and when it came to using it it didn't work for what seem like fatal design flaws... that even the designer should have picked up on let alone quality assurance!

My example. I bought a wallet from River Island... I performed the checks like coin pocket, ID sleave, card slots, etc. It never occurred to me for a second to test the note holder... you know, it's a wallet. Me and the crew stop for a bite to eat and I sought out my wallet... notes stick out the top! It's not tall enough to accommodate notes?! What idiot makes a wallet that can't hold money?! ARGH!

Numero deux. So there I was... getting out the shower, dripping on the shower mat. I grabbed my flannel, leaned over the sink and washed my face. I cleared some of the condensation and my face was blue! I looked down and my hands were covered, and blue was dripping from the flannel. Seriously, a flannel whose colour isn't water proof?! I think kicked at the shower mat (part of a set) and there were blue stains on the floor! RAGE!!!!

*pants in anger*

Oh, and for teh lulz... the iPhone 4. Ariel doesn't work for left handed users, and overheats (people have come out in blisters!)! Did no-one even hold it when they tested it?! Wink

Last edited by 3mptylord on Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

RAGE! Products that can't perform their function... Empty Re: RAGE! Products that can't perform their function...

Post by Ruy112 Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:49 pm

I had to google flannel...

Why were you wearing your checkered shirt in the shower?
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1623

Back to top Go down

RAGE! Products that can't perform their function... Empty Re: RAGE! Products that can't perform their function...

Post by The Empty Lord Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:09 am

A face cloth? It's like a small towel, smaller than a hand towel. Tongue

It's a small piece of flannel; hence we call it a flannel. But flannel is a fabric/cut and so you can have things made of flannel.

*facepalm*

The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:08 am

I've had things like that. I had a half-arsed printer that would print or scan half of a document, stop and literally say "do it yourself".
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 2641

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:17 pm

If it actually said that: that would be the most amazing printer evar! Grin
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze FF8 Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:38 pm

Two days ago, I bought an xbox360 250GB. Y'know, the new model.
One of the first four games I bought was Final Fantasy 13, so I popped that in, and away it went. A couples of hours in though, the console began to feel extremely warm, almost dangerously so, or so it seemed.
Noticing the airvent on this model's top, I thought "Hmm, perhaps there's another on the bottom side that's not able to work with the way I've positioned it." So, while the game was running, I flipped the console from vertical to horizontal. . .

The game was ruined.

RAGE! Products that can't perform their function... Bert10
'Twas unacceptable.
Blaze FF8
Blaze FF8
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Number of posts : 496

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:32 am

There's another name for that... Marketing Strategy.

A console is designed with a flaw. If the customer comes across that flaw, they have to pay money to have it shoddily repaired.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 2641

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:25 am

They should be subtle though
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Post by TATORZ Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:09 pm

LAZAHBURN!

Pwnd.

Yeah, you never move the XBox when it's got a disk in it... also be careful about overheating it, turning it off and on rapidly, and other stuff... RROD, ya know.
TATORZ
TATORZ
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Number of posts : 2458

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze FF8 Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:10 pm

It certainly would seem to be a common issue, as when I took the disk back to the store, they recognised the problem straight away and repaired it. Free of charge. Shock
The console itself seems okay, other games still work.

But if that's a marketing strategy, it seems a little counter-productive to me. Surely, a barrage of issues like that would only make customers questions it's reliability, then perhaps change their mind and purchase a rival's console?
Blaze FF8
Blaze FF8
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:51 pm

Blaze FF8 wrote:So, while the game was running, I flipped the console from vertical to horizontal. . ..

That's why most things with a disc drive says in the manual not to move it whilst operating... including DVD Players, Laptops and Tower Desktops. Wink

MorbiusMonster wrote:A console is designed with a flaw. If the customer comes across that flaw, they have to pay money to have it shoddily repaired.

Except for the one year warranty Xbox 360 Slim, and three years on the older Xbox models. Tongue

A real example of an integrated flaw is the iPod Touch breaking just after a year of use - coinciding with the yearly release of the next model. >_<
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze FF8 Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:55 am

Hey, I could change the position of a PS1, PS2, Gamecube or Wii without any of them having any trouble.
Blaze FF8
Blaze FF8
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down