The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Citadel Changes

3 posters

Go down

Citadel Changes Empty Citadel Changes

Post by MorbiusMonster Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:04 am

Having visited a citadel, I must say that I am very impressed with Jagex's latest idea. Finally, each and every one of us can have a home from home (though technically not really from home because it is online and made of code and we can access it anywhere). The concept is fair and easy to understand, the bigger the clan, the more resources one can have. But there are a few more features left to be desired.

Most of the features I am interested in modifying are aesthetic more so than functional, but it is something that should be brought about.

• Themes - Our clans can have any two of 110 different icons on their vexilla (meaning a possible 12,100 combinations to be used), so why not make their clan citadels as unique as well? The design should reflect a clan's interests. If they want to show themselves are fierce or rugged, they should have an environment that reflects that, if they are enlightened, they should have theirs in a renaissance style, or if they simply think they're the bee's kness and just want to show off, they could go for a post modern design.
  • Local Weather - We are floating above RuneScape, several hundred miles above sea level, so shouldn't we be subject to weather? If we can change the conditions like day and night, surely we should be able to control as to how sunny it is, whether it has heavy rainfall, how much wind blows or whether it snows once in a while. I wouldn't mean seeing an aurora pass by, we are in the atmosphere after all.
  • Light settings - The day and night settings most certainly are a welcome feature to have, but I think it could be worked on slightly better. Perhaps instead of having only midday and only midnight, how about late evening, which gives a burnt orange effect or an early morning so it is slightly dimmed in certain places.
  • Architectural design - For individuality sakes, why not allow more statues to be made in a variety of designs. Who would you most like to make a statue of? A god, a warrior or an animal?
  • Local Wildlife - It feels a little empty in the citadel without some local wildlife residing in the citadel. How about some aviary companions who stop by to peck up insects in the grass and the trees, perhaps a squirrel collecting nuts or, for our more imaginiative clan members, a hellhound passing by, scratching its head to wondering how tasty clan members must be.
Anyway, all of the features above are purely aesthetic and therefore have no mechanical effect on the citadel. But at the same time, their presence or availability shouldn't be effected by the number of clan members, but rather by the clan leader's imagination.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 2641

Back to top Go down

Citadel Changes Empty Re: Citadel Changes

Post by Slayer Noir Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:36 am

Great stuff Morbius. I'm really glad you've got the ideas we've discussed into a thread so quickly. I'd love to work with you on this one, if you'd let me - I've got loads of ideas for themes already and I'm sure I could think of plenty more.

I was researching the kind of variety already available on the RS wiki, by the way, and I found a few pages that might help

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Clan_Citadels/Statues
http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Clan_Citadels/Patterns
http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Clan_Citadels/Hotspot_Customisation

Between the three, they list just about all the customisation currently available so I thought they'd be pretty useful to know when suggesting more.
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1248

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:56 am

I aslso would like to help
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1367

Back to top Go down

Citadel Changes Empty Citadel Themes

Post by MorbiusMonster Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:21 pm

Last night, me and Slayer Noir began chatting about themes to come up with for the Citadels. Here are the ideas we came up with;

• Dungeoneering themes - Citadels could be designed to mirror the themes present in the Dungeoneering levels. Typically a popular one for Dungeoneering clans.
  • Snowscape theme - A snowcapped citadel, with ice sculptures, frosted architecture and frozen lakes.
  • Renaissance - A typical old style castle, made from the likes of marble and limestone. All the charm of a by-gone age restored before you.
  • Barbarian - A citadel made of hardier stuff, the course ground, and structures made of sturdy wood.
  • Dream Temple - A citadel lost within the dreamscape of the player. Rivers of stardust, glowing blue collumns of light and almost surreal structures.
  • Post Modern - A world belonging in the future, constructed from polished metal and visible circuit board and wiring.
  • Faerie - Step into the mystical world of the faeries. Everything has been grown from magical foliage with a vibrant glow about it.
  • Wilderness - A step into the more macabre now, with a barren, dying plain. Aged, crumbling statues and torn banners flowing with rivers of dust.
  • Volcano - Crafted from raw igneous rock, this fortress would be home to anyone who spends their time in volcanic areas. Granite structures, with threads of glowing red molten material inbetween the masonry and flowing rivers of lava.
  • Gnome - A structure crafted from magical wood, with a rich and healthy landscape to go with it.
  • Desert - A desert fortress crafted from sandstone with sand between your feet. A glittering oasis at the portal is not a mirage!
  • Jungle - A fortress imbedded deep within the jungle, with nature surrounding you. Most of the structures are naturally grown tropical trees.
  • Abyss - A citadel out of this world. Sickly dark fluid runs as rivers, with distorted trees and foliage forming pretty much everything around you.
  • Spacial - How about finding a citadel on an asteroid in deep space? Metallic bridges connect the vast rocky terrain, with a domed citadel being the base of all your clan's operations.
  • Temporal - Constructed from a variety of brass fixings, with movements just like clockwork. The entire citadel is one well-oiled machine, though its operation has worked as something more decorative, but the combination of science and sorcery is truly captivating.
  • Magical - Ever had the desire to build a castle that reminded you of wizards and great enchanters. This citadel sees the most unlikely things come to life. Animated suits of armour guard your citadel without rest, whilst rocks and trees move of their own accord.
  • Confectionary - This sweet design sees the citadel constructed from all things sugary and delicious. Jam (or jelly for our American players) runs like water, cakes and gingerbread make the buildings and the architecture, with striped candy canes being the foundations of it all. I'd dare say cotton candy clouds, but that might be pushing it...
  • Gothic - A haunted mansion. Most of the statues and pictures glare menacingly, and you fear one just blinked. Cobwebs and ghostly lights add to the overall effect of this sinister place, with pretty much all the resources bearing twisted and anguished expressions as you cut them, mine them or deplete them.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:35 am

So Slayer Noir, did I do the themes justice?
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:10 am

It's great- a brilliant start. We have a list of all the themes we'd like to suggest and a good enough description for anyone understand them and join in.

I would, however, elaborate more before we consider this suggestion complete. You remember back in the citadel, when I was talking about how all the features would change? We should probably put them in.

Off the top of my head, we'd need to consider what happens to

Statues
Hedges and trees
The waterfall
Animals
The fireplace in the keep
The flags and banners

There may be more I haven't thought of...

Oh by the way, call me Slayer. You don't need to use my full name
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1248

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:27 am

Hey I like the abyssal theme
Duskcurse
Duskcurse