The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mythics: Stagnant Discussion

+8
Dragon78114
Sir Kandarin
TATORZ
Jeeves
Dark Avorian
Ruy112
trixtor
The Empty Lord
12 posters

Page 7 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 19  Next

Go down

Mythics: Stagnant Discussion - Page 7 Empty Mythics: Stagnant Discussion

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:06 am

First topic message reminder :

I've changed the title of the thread because the apostrophe wouldn't behave. Mythics: Stagnant Discussion - Page 7 612280

The twelve labours, inspired by both mythology and our unofficial mascot Dark Sylvania;

Nemean lionNemyonGuantletsWritten by Jeeves.
Lernaean hydraLernosDiademWritten by Jeeves.
Cerinean hindCerinaHelm
Erymanthian boarErymontAxe-hammerWritten by Jeeves.
Augean stablesAugoHelmWritten by Trixtor.
Stymphalian birdsStympho
Creten bullCretosMace
Mares of DiomedesTrace
Shield of HippolytaHippolytaRising Sun
Cattle of GeryonGeryon
Apples of the HesperidesLadonGolden Apple
CerberusCerberusStaff/Whip

Mythics: Stagnant Discussion - Page 7 Flames_of_Lloigh-enn

Timeline of the Mythics' Quest;
• Grandeur, the gateway to the Mythics' Guild, must be appeased. The requirements for this section are merely the skill requirements for the quest, having completed the Legends' Quest and having a certain number of quest points. The plinth that Grandeur stands on has three icons connected by rivulets. You need them all to light up.
• Through the gateway you can see the image above, basically. Only, the warrior is also a statue and facing the other way. These thirteen statues are, in effect, Hercules and the twelve labours. Accompanying them is a fourth character, imposing as a thirteenth labour - Durial, our antagonist.
• "Herclues" will introduce the labours, and what they are for. It should be noted that the labours themselves, and Herclues, are irrelevant to the quest at the moment. Players can complete them now or later. It should also be noted that Hercules does not mention Durial, our 13th Labour. Trying to make him stick out.
• Each labour would be based on the labours from Greek Mythology. This is the guild of Mythics after all, and Greek wouldn't be the only source when we finally have access to the guild. "Completing a labour" involves retrieving a lost relic that has been hidden in your time. These tasks take place in both RuneScape, and bespoke instances.
• Durial requires three items; the Blades of Eleyon, the Cloak of Shadows and the Potion of Vulnerability. Each item will require utmost knowledge of RuneScape, as no requirements are officially given. This quest may seem long - but the labours aren't required at this point.
• After obtaining all three items for Durial he will exit the guild - returning to his own time. In the same cinematic, future-you will arrive; panting hysterically and cursing that he took too long (mentioning something about other future-yous and how he failed to improve... which you will also say).
• Future-you, though you don't know it yet, will tell you what you need to do next; which of the three labours you should complete. You require the Rising Sun, the Hydra's Diadem, and something defensive to counter the Blades of Eleyon. Future-you will also tell you what Durial's true intentions are.
• After having obtained these, your next mission is to activate the Chronarch's Throne, an altar capable of reversing the flow of time within the guild. *insert more on this segment*.
• Successfully rewinding time, you most exit the guild into the past and locate Durial. The fight will be epic... think Nomad, just harder (or perhaps not, Dark's still killing himself trying to kill Nomad). During this fight Durial will accuse you of being Guthix, among other interesting foods-of-thought.
• Return to the guild and fast-forward to the present. On your way to Grandeur, to speak with your future-self, you will notice two omens - Durial and yourself. Panicking, you run forward to try and stop yourself handing Durial the items. You will, of course, fail... and, well, you can probably see where I'm going.
• This segment is surprisingly easy, merely tell your past-you what to do.

The quest needs to end somewhere. Possibly when you exit the Guild and Grandeur's gargoyles will laugh at you, seemingly aware of you you'd just done. Or... the moment you return to the present it's quest-over, with aiding past-you merely being a required postal-script. I suppose that's the only issue with having a quest with no true questmaster. Mythics: Stagnant Discussion - Page 7 49087

February 14th, 2010;
Spoiler:
February 13th, 2010;
Spoiler:
October 1st, 2009;
Spoiler:

Last edited by 3mptylord on Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:28 am; edited 25 times in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Mythics: Stagnant Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: Mythics: Stagnant Discussion

Post by trixtor Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:50 am

Not all of the labours are humanoid, although the majority of them are. The Stables thing for example. Not to mention the Mares, Cereberus and the golden apples.

trixtor
Advocate

Number of posts : 538

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:13 am

Lol, none of the labours are humanoid. The lion, the boar, the bull, etc. However, like them, all the labours can be humanoid. The Mares could easily be humanoid, as can the Cerberus. In fact, the Stables and the Gold Apples are probably the hardest - but the Gold Apples are guarded by a snake, so simply have a humanoid lizard. And the stables... just personify the filth into some muck-monster. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by trixtor Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:34 am

The Augean Stables.

I will use You and Your Character interchangeably throughout this labour.

This statue looks like Dark silvania's monster, but it will be gray, have no headgear, and will have more of a lumpy body. It will also be under a camel. The Inscription is:

Below the scorching sun
Thieves dwell along the path
Of greater Thieves and Desert ships
There shall you begin your task

Your character wonders: "Desert ships?! What are those?!" And your character states: "Whoever wrote these riddles really needs to learn how to rhyme".
The task: (note, the talking to Reldo part isn't necessary, but is for people who don't know that bandits are thieves) Because your character is utterly perplexed, you go talk to Reldo, Because whenever we have a problem with lore and/or words, we go to him. After talking to him and confirming that he has lost the book which has the information that you need, we have to search all the bookcases. The book that we must find is "1002 Kharidian nights". When we find it and have Reldo confirm that this is the book we need, your character will read it and, after looking in the Index, see a note that someone wrote. The note says:"Bandits are murderers and thieves!". As we (now) know that Bandits are thieves, your character must walk to the bandit camp, and enter the house which has appeared there. When you walk into the house, you will see a lot of expensive things (possibly third age armor?) and many rooms. While you're looking around at the extreme wealth displayed, you will be approached by a demon butler, who will tell you that his master is waiting for you. After following the demon butler into an extravagantly fashioned bedroom, you will see an old man lying on the bed. The man will ask you to do him a favour. He will launch into an account of his life, which I will, for the purposes of this guide, summarize. Basically, he became so wealthy by scamming the Duke of Lumbridge, selling him two-million anti-dragonfire shields. He offers to pay you a lot of money to clean the stables of his racing camels,and, because we are so compassionate (and gullible), we accept the job. He tells the demon butler to go with you and inspect how the work is going, but before you leave, he warns you of a "Lumpy monstrosity" that lives in the dung. Basically, you're going to have to transport water from the river Elid to the stables, so a gargantuan amount of piping is needed. Think Elemental Workshop 2's piping thing, but multiplied by 25. The river ends up waking the monster under the excrement, and you will have to hold it off until the last of the excrement is washed away. Of course, your character will say random toilet/bathroom puns during the fight. After the excrement is gone, the monster ends up being a level 130 that can inflict disease, poison for 8 damage, rot food in your inventory and attack from two spaces away. After it gets to half health, it will attack faster, and cause you to miss 50% more of the time. This is counterbalanced by water and Ice spells hitting more, and water spells do twice as much damage, while Ice spells are even more effective doing 300% more damage to it. It has 500 hitpoints, and normally attacks at the speed of a longsword. When it dies, you take its weapon, which looks like a spade. After returning to the old man's house, you ask for your money, and he refuses, claiming that you decided to help him voluntarily, and he never offered you payment. Naturally, you take try to drag him to court (quite literally), but on the way there, the man disappears, leaving your character holding empty air with a confused expression. The man will disappear as soon as you are in sight of the Shantay Pass. As with the other tasks, when you speak to anyone involved in the labour, they will have no memory whatsoever of it happening, nor will there be anything other than the headgear as proof. After this task,the house and stables will disappear, either of the two again. After you take the weapon back to the guild, you will place it on the base of the statue, which, as expected, doesn't do anything. Your character will say: "I cleaned all that dung and I don't even get a 'thank you'?".

note: If you ask the old man for his name, he will reply "Augeas" (and mumble to himself [you can see it in the chat box, but your character can't hear it in the game]: " Mabye Heracles isn't the only one who'll fall for this")

Last edited by trixtor on Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:37 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Complete fixing plus no mahjarrat's involved whatsoever :))
trixtor
trixtor
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:59 am

1) It's THE Cerberus. I'm fully aware Cerberus is the name even if it does sound right to use it as a species. Like, in Homecoming Apocalypse one of the guardians if called Colossus, but I keep wanting to say THE colossus. However, in this circumstance I'm referring to an event... the Cerberus one. I really don't see why you felt the need to comment in this, though. Tongue

2) I do know this.

3, 4 and 5... I don't see how these were separate things. I was wondering when the mahjarrat were going to crawl into this. I must respectfully request that the mahjarrat are not included. I realise that all labours have been instances and Akthanakos isn't actually in the quest, but why? Why would be be "none other than"? At what point do we find this out if at the end he disappears and during he is known by something else? Why just have the guy called Augeas and be done with it lol? It just seemed completely unnecessary. Akthanakos doesn't actually have a camel's head... that was just the forum he took for that quest. Mahjarrat are face-changers. Apparently there is a camel-headed menaphite god, among loads we don't yet know of - Akthanakos was probably imposing. Wink

I must say, though, your rhyme gave no insight into what the player then does. I didn't get the hint that I needed to gather some crap - I got the hint I needed to go to the desert where after a lot of water runes later I might notice a stable that wasn't there before. But quests in RuneScape seem to have a habit of being very linear... until we're told to go there, we can't do anything there. So I'd be stuck from this point... as I'd have no idea that I need to ask a camel. Confuse

I do like the idea of the river Elid though. It's well written from there. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by trixtor Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:11 am

Mahjarrat's mourning=Enakhra's lament Tongue I just wanted to use him, as we can't have horses, I like all Alis, and decided to use one. I used Akthanakos precisely because he is a shape-changer, and can therefor disguise himself as a human. Not to mention his role in Enakhra's lament, which is why i wrote none other than, because he fits in so well with this labour. and as for 1+2 of my points, I just meant he is sentient and cerberus isn't his title, it's his name. Also, a giant dog is much easier to capture than a giant anthropomorphic dog. I'll get rid of Akthanakos if you want though. Oh yes, and Ships of the desert are another name for camels Smile.
trixtor
trixtor
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:20 am

Lol, why does "as we can't have horses" make Akthanakos the next logical step? And... Akthanakos isn't an Ali. And... all mahjarrat can disguise themselves as human, but why can't it just be a human? And... what role in Enakhra's lament made him perfect? And how does he-- Confuse

We don't actually have to walk Cerberus back to the guild... Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:46 am

But...i wanted to forge a triple choke collar....
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Post by trixtor Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:32 am

Remember "Dr. Nabanik"? My reasoning for choosing Akthanakos for this are as follows: Azzandra has his own quest line, Jublex has confirmed that Sliske will be in the next Mahjarrat quest, The Zamorakian Mahjarrat despise us, Wahiestiel is being used in another quest series (come on, "ali the wise"? the most obvious mahjarrat ever), Jhallan is waiting up north, Akthanakos went north, but is the most likely/ useful mahjarrat to use for this. In addition, the mahjarrat can change their forms, but they choose what they change into (with the exception of Jhallan/ The Muspah) and Akthanakos chose to use the form of a camel-headed human. The reason I stated what I did about Enakhra's Lament is because, it ends up giving you a camulet, which is vital for the labour, therefore helping to create the npc who serves as the means to figure out the task. The whole "we can't have horses thing is only the beginning of my reasoning, and I ended up with Akthanakos. As for why I didn't just use a human, I just don't want to create many new NPCs, because new NPC= 2 hours of messing around with the quest, and the sheer enormity of the quest is enough of a reason to make Jublex work the least possible amount on technicalities.
trixtor
trixtor
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:48 am

Why do we need a mahjarrat at all? You say "but is the most likely/useful mahjarrat to the use for this" like it's a requirement to use a mahjarrat. Like I've said before - we CANNOT intervene. Jublex already has plans for each of the mahjarrat, and are probably already creating the final mahjarrat quest/series of quest that will make up the finale of the story (as much as it must be killing them inside to be concluding one of RuneScape's longest running stories - yes, Plague City has the most parts, but the mahjarrat have been around for the long hall).

Also, what's your concern with creating new NPCs? This whole part of the quest is fictional... I mean, fiction within fiction. Anything that would hypothetically be done with Akthanakos wouldn't actually happen - and that's not a reason to use him. In fact it's more reason not to. This quest has been all new-NPCs up to this point - your concern for Jublex's time is noted but not really something to be concerned about.

Yes, if we use camels that means requiring the camulet. But... requiring the catspeak amulet or the ghostspeak amulet doesn't mean we need the priest in Lumbridge Swamp or the Sphinx for every quest that they are used in. Confuse
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:56 am

I very heartliy support 3mpty. We do not need, nor do we want, any mahjarrat in this questline (look at what happened to HA, that wasn't so pretty eh)
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by trixtor Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:34 pm

I have fixed my Idea.
trixtor
trixtor
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:18 pm

(although a separate discussion...how exactly does plague city have more parts, sure...only recently did things start to be categorized as mahjarrat...but still...The major storyling of WGS & DT/TaS is kinda a lot more quests (not even counting hazeel/enakhra/fight arena)
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:24 pm

Okay, I haven't actually counter recently. Tongue

Thinks;
Temple of Ikov (Lucien)
Fight Arena (Khazard)
Hazeel Cult (Hazeel)
Desert Treasure (Azzanadra)
Enakhra's Lament (Enakhra & Akthanakos)
Defender of Varrock (Zemouregal)
While Guthix Sleeps (Lucien)
The Tale of the Muspah (Jhallan)
Missing My Mummy
The Curse of Arrav (Zemouregal)
The Temple at Senntisten (Azzanadra)

And urgh;
Plague City, Biohazzard, Underground Pass, Regicide, Roving Elves, Mournin'g' End, Temple of Light, and Within the Light. ]

Hmm, wow. Although, I'd still say Plague City has the longest storyline... the Mahjarrat is just of a load of lines heading in the same direction. Wink
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:57 pm

I mean, TBH, the problem is that the stories are very different in nature, the elf one is this one linear set of events, the Mahjarrat is all these events leading up to the the...well...whatever the **** happens
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by trixtor Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:34 am

I agree with 3mpty, plague city is a storyline, not a lot of quests with one thing in common.
trixtor
trixtor
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:02 am

mahjarrat is a storyblob...it can not has line
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:23 am

I'd say the longest line in the Mahjarrat storyblob is two quests long. Wink
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by trixtor Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:42 am

if you mean DT/Temple at Senntisten, Tas is a sequel to three quests lol
trixtor
trixtor
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:46 am

Digsite -> DT -> TaS

Shield -> Defender -> Curse -> TaS
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by trixtor Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:48 am

devious minds...
trixtor
trixtor
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by trixtor Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:51 am

how did we get into this on the mythics' quest thread again?
trixtor
trixtor
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:57 am

Idk...
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:03 am

Digsite doesn't really prelude Desert Treasure. Confuse

Although yeah, I forgot about the Shield of Arrav. Three parts being the longest, then. TaS isn't really the sequel to it, though, is it? Confuse

Trix, I think it was you and the camel-head Mahjarrat (I can never remember the spelling Tongue).

Last edited by 3mptylord on Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:57 am; edited 1 time in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by trixtor Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:05 am

Oh ya, I got rid of him lol
trixtor
trixtor
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:22 am

Tongue

Come on people - most labours are well under way.

This is going to sound cheeky, but Jeeves, do you think you could Jeevesify Erymont? Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:26 am

Mythics: Stagnant Discussion - Page 7 612280 3mpty, if I try my hand at Erymont, it'll probably end up being completely rewritten.
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Number of posts : 606

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 19  Next