The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mythics: Stagnant Discussion

+8
Dragon78114
Sir Kandarin
TATORZ
Jeeves
Dark Avorian
Ruy112
trixtor
The Empty Lord
12 posters

Page 13 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next

Go down

Mythics: Stagnant Discussion - Page 13 Empty Mythics: Stagnant Discussion

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:06 am

First topic message reminder :

I've changed the title of the thread because the apostrophe wouldn't behave. Mythics: Stagnant Discussion - Page 13 612280

The twelve labours, inspired by both mythology and our unofficial mascot Dark Sylvania;

Nemean lionNemyonGuantletsWritten by Jeeves.
Lernaean hydraLernosDiademWritten by Jeeves.
Cerinean hindCerinaHelm
Erymanthian boarErymontAxe-hammerWritten by Jeeves.
Augean stablesAugoHelmWritten by Trixtor.
Stymphalian birdsStympho
Creten bullCretosMace
Mares of DiomedesTrace
Shield of HippolytaHippolytaRising Sun
Cattle of GeryonGeryon
Apples of the HesperidesLadonGolden Apple
CerberusCerberusStaff/Whip

Mythics: Stagnant Discussion - Page 13 Flames_of_Lloigh-enn

Timeline of the Mythics' Quest;
• Grandeur, the gateway to the Mythics' Guild, must be appeased. The requirements for this section are merely the skill requirements for the quest, having completed the Legends' Quest and having a certain number of quest points. The plinth that Grandeur stands on has three icons connected by rivulets. You need them all to light up.
• Through the gateway you can see the image above, basically. Only, the warrior is also a statue and facing the other way. These thirteen statues are, in effect, Hercules and the twelve labours. Accompanying them is a fourth character, imposing as a thirteenth labour - Durial, our antagonist.
• "Herclues" will introduce the labours, and what they are for. It should be noted that the labours themselves, and Herclues, are irrelevant to the quest at the moment. Players can complete them now or later. It should also be noted that Hercules does not mention Durial, our 13th Labour. Trying to make him stick out.
• Each labour would be based on the labours from Greek Mythology. This is the guild of Mythics after all, and Greek wouldn't be the only source when we finally have access to the guild. "Completing a labour" involves retrieving a lost relic that has been hidden in your time. These tasks take place in both RuneScape, and bespoke instances.
• Durial requires three items; the Blades of Eleyon, the Cloak of Shadows and the Potion of Vulnerability. Each item will require utmost knowledge of RuneScape, as no requirements are officially given. This quest may seem long - but the labours aren't required at this point.
• After obtaining all three items for Durial he will exit the guild - returning to his own time. In the same cinematic, future-you will arrive; panting hysterically and cursing that he took too long (mentioning something about other future-yous and how he failed to improve... which you will also say).
• Future-you, though you don't know it yet, will tell you what you need to do next; which of the three labours you should complete. You require the Rising Sun, the Hydra's Diadem, and something defensive to counter the Blades of Eleyon. Future-you will also tell you what Durial's true intentions are.
• After having obtained these, your next mission is to activate the Chronarch's Throne, an altar capable of reversing the flow of time within the guild. *insert more on this segment*.
• Successfully rewinding time, you most exit the guild into the past and locate Durial. The fight will be epic... think Nomad, just harder (or perhaps not, Dark's still killing himself trying to kill Nomad). During this fight Durial will accuse you of being Guthix, among other interesting foods-of-thought.
• Return to the guild and fast-forward to the present. On your way to Grandeur, to speak with your future-self, you will notice two omens - Durial and yourself. Panicking, you run forward to try and stop yourself handing Durial the items. You will, of course, fail... and, well, you can probably see where I'm going.
• This segment is surprisingly easy, merely tell your past-you what to do.

The quest needs to end somewhere. Possibly when you exit the Guild and Grandeur's gargoyles will laugh at you, seemingly aware of you you'd just done. Or... the moment you return to the present it's quest-over, with aiding past-you merely being a required postal-script. I suppose that's the only issue with having a quest with no true questmaster. Mythics: Stagnant Discussion - Page 13 49087

February 14th, 2010;
Spoiler:
February 13th, 2010;
Spoiler:
October 1st, 2009;
Spoiler:

Last edited by 3mptylord on Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:28 am; edited 25 times in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Mythics: Stagnant Discussion - Page 13 Empty Re: Mythics: Stagnant Discussion

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:56 am

Oh... yeah, okay. Tongue

The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by trixtor Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:30 pm

It's fine, I still haven't even begun fixing/ adding to the cattle segment which I "wrote".
trixtor
trixtor
Advocate

Number of posts : 538

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:19 am

Pleased
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by trixtor Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:51 am

So, Jeeves, when can we expect your return to writing?
trixtor
trixtor
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:44 am

Um...no idea, honestly. Tongue I've got definite ideas about the Cerberus quest, but with the holidays coming up, I have no clue when I'm going to have time to actually write it out.
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Number of posts : 606

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:30 am

i might return to writing today (I am currently in a 2-week weekend) Smile

So the Cretan Bull and the Hesperides are coming soon!

EDIT: How difficult should the sub-quest-thing be?
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1668

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:01 pm

As difficult as you want. Pleased Although if you want to try and make them go in rising difficulty from first task to last task, I'd take a look at where the Bull and the Hesperides fall and go from there.
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:32 pm

the only reason I asked that is because there are like 12 different versions of the Hesperides and it is confusion on which path the take, but judging by the requirements for starting the quest; I best make it hard! MUHAHAHA!!!

I will have some real fun with the Cretan Bull. Twisted Evil
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1668

Back to top Go down

Post by trixtor Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:12 am

Note: If you just want to give ideas for the labours, do so. You don't actually have to write a labour yourself. Also, depending on whether I can get my schoolwork done in time, I may write another labour.
trixtor
trixtor
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:21 am

I should probably write at least one. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruy112 Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:02 am

I actually have written a bit on the Hind, but I've forgot how I actually wanted us to defeat it :L
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1623

Back to top Go down

Post by trixtor Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:49 pm

I have a ton of free time after tuesday, so I should be able to write at least one more labour, and finally edit the others that I made.
trixtor
trixtor
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:11 am

Yay. Grin
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:38 pm

So...I don't suppose anyone has any back-ups of the stuff we did on the RSOF. We had a fair bit of Durial dialogue/other things, right?

Also, I suggest that anyone involved with this re-read the entire thread. I'm looking to start up a discussion again on the forums, so if anyone has anything they want written, just let me know. There's new blood in the Suggestions arena and some of it looks pretty good. I think that drawing them here, introducing them to the ton of backstory we've already got, and then setting them on parts of the quest would do wonders! Pleased
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by trixtor Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:44 pm

I have so many essays/ tests due/ happening in the next week or so that I can barely even think about this kind of stuff right now. Despite this, and no promises, but I may actually follow up on what I said and edit my "quests."
trixtor
trixtor
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:59 pm

I'm fairly certain that this thread contains all that there is. Unless someone else has a backup. Smile
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:38 pm

There were definitely some of Durial's dialogue bits that I wrote... Sad I can't seem to find them anywhere.
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:45 pm

I can have another look, but I'm fairly certain I don't have one...

(of course, you asked that right after I made the decision to clean out my computer... so all my documents are in a dump folder while I reorder/purge them... typical...)
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:51 pm

Ah well...I'll start fresh Grin
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:58 pm

What spurred this sudden burst of enthusiasm? Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by trixtor Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:08 am

Free time is my guess. Razz
trixtor
trixtor
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:20 am

No idea, really! It might have something to do with picking up Oblivion for the first time in a while and getting back into the whole "sword and sorcery" scene, though...

-----------------------------------------------------------

Lo! the fields lay bare and dying, squandered 'neath the lust of farmers too big for their means. Rivers runs dry, dammed by the greed of millers and peasants alike, both seeking the life-blood of the earth for their own profit. The skies darken, thunder rolls, a distant shriek pierces the sky, lighting naught but the broiling clouds around it. A soft mist descends from the sky, seeming to appear at once, barely falling. The starved fields reach their tongues up, up to the atoms of moisture, begging to slake their thirst. Shallow banks grasp hungrily at the dew that forms on reeds and cattails. The pallid air thickens, grows heavier with drops. The true storm arrives.

Hark, the scene is rent! A gate, black and ominous, sits quietly by a turn in the river. Hidden behind a grove of dying willows, the gate pushes its presence on the world, making believe that it has been there for all time, since before the river was but a burble. The gate blackens, taking form. Shrieks rip through the sky with each new detail: a pointed arch, a clawed foot, a heavy iron knocker. The shrieks subside, the gate is here, has always been here. The rain pounds the ground around it into mud. It, too, is succumbing to the elements, rapidly becoming one with its surroundings. The black fades to gray, the unearthly material becoming nothing but crumbling stone. The gate falls into ruin, leaving behind nothing but a twisted memory of the millennia it had stood before. The gate has always been there.

The rain lets up; the clouds roll on. A ray of pale sunlight illuminates the grove of the dead willows.

Inscribed on the ruins:

"Forever"
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:42 am

Never mind about that. Very Happy

Last edited by Jeeves on Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:03 am

"Day 492: The trek from the islands took WEEKS longer than I thought it might have! That Guild of Legends or whatever they called themselves is't worth all that. Days and days of trekking through uncharted backwoods in order to find "Gielinor's best cocoa bean" isn't exactly legendary in my books. The trek back up to Musa Point was more interesting as was my talk with that man with the bananas. I learned far too much about bananas. Anyway, I haven't written for a while due to my tendency to become incredibly seasick while reading and writing on a boat. The weeks I've missed were uneventful to say the least.

Found a strange ruin today. It almost looked like someone had deliberately built it underneath those trees and bushes. I cleared most of the brush away, but it was mostly pointless. The ruins weren't of a building or anything that might hold loot. It looked like it might have been an archway at some point, but it was so crumbled and decrepit that it could have been anything. Only thing I could make out were these three circles near the bottom of the arch. Hell if I know why, but one of them seemed to be glowing like the rock in that one little section had heated up. I couldn't do anything with it, but that was the most interesting thing that I've seen in the last twenty-seven days."

- Journal of M. Rauder

"...while the *truly* exceptional might try their hand at a cathedral or else a mining operation. Projects such as these require ample use of nearly skill known to man, from Smithing support beams to Farming food for the workers.

Potential Places for RENOVATION:

- Lumbridge Church
- Ice Mountain
- Al-Kharid Walls
- Ardougne
- Willy's Bluff

This last area is unknown to most travelers and for good reason. Willy's Bluff is a small grove located in a place known only to the writers of this manual. It is an area absolutely brimming with opportunities for the truly skilled and gifted. Ample fishing spots abound and the land, though not fertile, is perfect for those who wish to rejuvenate the soil! A small ruined archway forces the assumption that Willy's Bluff was once the site of a small church, situated close to all the resources it could possibly want."

- Hadrion and Co.'s Guide for Artisans of Everything

"It became tiring, you know, after I had saved the world for the umpteenth time. Congratulations and 'rare' weapons are only worth so much until they become old hat. The arch you're asking about was sort of the turning point in my career. I figured that there *had* to be something important about it at the time, you know. Crumbly little arch sitting under a small bunch of trees next to a tiny little river...it almost screamed of ghosts and treasure! But I was quite disappointed when nothing happened. I thought there might have been some sort of mystery to it when I saw these little circles at the base of the arch, but only two of them were doing anything out of the ordinary. I thought maybe a chemical reaction had taken place and the circles were just the results. Chemistry? Oh, that's something I learned about in Rimmington from an old friend of mine. Helped him out of a spot of bother once, I did! If I recall, it was something to do with..."

- Transcript of an Interview with Fillip Abrest
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:10 am

Jeeves wrote:Also, Dark Sylvania's deviantart page seems to have disappeared. Sad Luckily we've still got that one picture of all them on page 6 or something, but no more info/close-ups.

Will read later, but Dark Silvania hasn't removed anything... Tongue

Clicky here. Grin

Last edited by 3mptylord on Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:34 am

Oh psh! I spelled it wrong! Never mind about all that. Tongue So yeah....instead of writing a Labor, I just decided to write random stuff that has to do with the Guild/the quest in order to maybe make some sense of it or add things that might be found in-game.....yeah. Tongue

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Durial: It was writ that the Twelve Avatars were not of your world or of mine. They were not even of the Guild's making, though It would have you believe so. They transcend even the Naughth Age itself. Their images, seemingly frozen here for all time, are said to perhaps be they themselves. A favor to some god? A favor, perhaps, to the universe itself? No one can say. Look at each statue, touch them. As the labors persist, think of what you do. I cannot speak for what they shall be; mine are separate. The statues, even might be separate. I see what I am accustomed to seeing; things not out of the ordinary yet frightening in their own right. You may see something completely separate. The Avatars are beyond our comprehension and even our sight. They look as stone, but breathe as easily as flesh, we might find. An eternity in this hall is but a second to them. Tell me, what do you see?

You: I see a pig. And a big lion.

Durial: A pig...and a big lion....

You: Why, what do you see?

Durial: I see panic and fear, taken corporeal form and breathing themselves across the land. I see chaos and turmoil, ripping themselves limb from limb and slavering with jaws of nothingness, almost tearing out of the stone and clawing into our reality. Standing too close, I can almost feel the living entity on the separate plane, distant from me by a space almost too minute to comprehend, yet utterly unable to breach it.

You: Really??

Durial: No, I see a pig and a big lion.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wraith: We are the Lost, adventurer. Cast outside of time itself, we cling to the edges of reality, torn and frayed as it is. This Guild is the last haven for ones such as us; a place where our Age and the normal flows of time and space can still connect if only for a brief moment. It would be fruitless to try and explain when or why or how we were cast here, but suffice to say that it had been, is being, or will be done. All knowledge of us is gone...we have never existed and never will. Here we spin, solitary and alone.

You: So what *is* this place, then? Why am I here?

Wraith: You who arrive might call it a Mythics' Guild...a Guild for those whose name has gone beyond legend.

You: Beyond legend? What could be beyond a legend?

Wraith: A myth. Something that is no longer seen to be true.

You: But it *is* true! I've done lots of things!

Wraith: What have you done, adventurer? Have you slain fearsome beasts? Gone places where no mortal has dared to travel? Confronted gods? Done things that no other man of your world could even dream of? Already, your achievements are doubted. Your fame is far-spread, but your person is not. Your glory is casting a shadow over you, and soon, you will be all but gone. Your deeds shall live on in myth, as a story that was once told and might once have been true. Your name will change, your actions will change. It is the story that will matter, not the man behind it.

You: But I've done things no one can deny! I saved every major leader of Gielinor from certain death at the hands of a fiendish wizard!

Wraith: Certainly it was *done,* that is not to be denied. But think, only a handful of people were direct witnesses. The rest of the world only hears of your heroics. As time goes on and the leaders speak less and less about it, the only way it's spread is through the tales of the people who had heard it second-hand. They will forget your name, they will forget the actual events. People and places will get confused, thoughts and feelings will go by the wayside. The story that people *want* to hear will be told, and *your* story will be forgotten.

You: So why am I here???

Wraith: You are here because you are a myth. And soon, you shall become Lost. Entry into the Guild is what keeps you alive. If you return to your home, you shall remain a non-entity. Here, we revel in our dishonor. We are the Lost, adventurer.
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next