The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JaGex: Your Chance to Get an Idea In-game!

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

JaGex:  Your Chance to Get an Idea In-game! - Page 2 Empty JaGex: Your Chance to Get an Idea In-game!

Post by Slayer Noir Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:55 am

First topic message reminder :

Thought you should know...

If you’ve ever had an idea for a skill update, and wished that you could play it in-game, now is your chance! We’re looking for the most original, entertaining and enticing ideas for high-level skill updates, so that we can pitch the best of them to an audience at RuneFest, and then open them up for a vote. The winning suggestion from that vote will be scripted, written, wrapped up in beautiful graphics and audio, and then released next year for everyone to play and appreciate. If it’s your idea, you’ll get the opportunity to enjoy your own creation, and watch as others enjoy it too: take it from us, no prize can match that feeling!

To help ensure we get some really useful and great ideas we’d really like you to use these guidelines:

It should be high-level
It should train or include skills that are NOT combat skills
It should be of a low-to-medium size (charm sprites and extreme potions are good examples)
It should provide an item reward
The reward should not be combat-related, but can benefit combat in the long term
If you want to put forward your idea, then please send an email to ‘community@jagex.com’ and we’ll check it out. If you want more information, then read our forum thread here: 235-236-897-63249059. We need all suggestions by Thursday, 13th October, in order to view them all before RuneFest, so please email us before then.

You do not need to be at RuneFest to submit your idea, but we’d still like you to come along; if you want to be in the audience that decides the best of these high-level skill suggestions, then buy a ticket and come see us at the ‘You Be The Judge’ insider session.

Good luck!

The RuneFest team

Any ideas? Anything we've already got that fits the criteria?
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1248

Back to top Go down

JaGex:  Your Chance to Get an Idea In-game! - Page 2 Empty Re: JaGex: Your Chance to Get an Idea In-game!

Post by MorbiusMonster Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:01 am

I'm getting to work on it right away.

MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 2641

Back to top Go down

JaGex:  Your Chance to Get an Idea In-game! - Page 2 Empty Re: JaGex: Your Chance to Get an Idea In-game!

Post by Duskcurse Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:08 am

YAy, I can finally see Arzonus, perphas you could also include hte quest in wich you becoem a werewolf Wink
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1367

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:11 am

Technically you don't become a pure werewolf, but acquire some of the physical benefits.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:41 am

You still get the point
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:54 am

Morb, the competition is specifically for high level content. If you enter your first Arzonus quest in it (which I assume is meant to be low level) then the entire series will be high level content and very inaccessible, if you win. Are you sure that's what you want?

Double check the criteria for this, Morb (and Dusk, for that matter), I really really don't think you can make Arzonus fit them...

I hate to sound so cynical but I don't want to see Arzonus compromised for the sake of this competition.
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:55 am

ME guess you are right, but what you mean with compromised?
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:40 am

Arzonius seems to be a saga, rather than a series. The quests involve much of Runescape's lore, so one should have to the complete the quest over his entire career. Even RoTM has Tale of the Muspah as a requirement.

This competition, however, is for high level content. Restricting it so would deduct from the magnitude of this quest.
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Number of posts : 955

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:53 pm

Bugger!

Why can't I have my saga?
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:06 pm

I've been thinking...

Prior to being able to enter the city of Arzonus, you need the following;
1. Completion of Temple of Ikov and Digsite Quest
2. 100 or more Kudos points at the Museum.

To get either, you'd need some fairly medium levels. Once in Arzonus and you've completed the quest, you will find a number of attractions best suited to higher level players. The S.E.P. is a high level agility arena and Reaper's Pit is a slayer dungeon.

Battle Island incorporates a large number of other facilities for high level players. Beyond the beaches and the main village, there are the caves which are great for gathering charms and ingredients. The Summoning Guild in the upper mountains requires 68 Summoning to get in and the ocean diving activity requires high level agility and constitution to swim in greater currents or to the lower levels of the reef. Mining is also an advantage if you want to break away the correct sized pieces of spirit reef for shards and excavate fossils.

Now it works.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:32 pm

MorbiusMonster wrote:Bugger!

Because it's massive and shouldn't be limited by such a contest?
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Number of posts : 955

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:16 am

Handeath wrote:
MorbiusMonster wrote:Bugger!

Because it's massive and shouldn't be limited by such a contest?

Exactly. Don't compromise Arzonus for the sake of this competition Morb. You won't be able to match all the criteria without loosing an awful lot of what makes your Saga so good.
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:31 am

But there is one thing I am more worried about...

It's not Arzonus being recognised, but someone else coming with the same idea!

If anyone submits an idea about a Summoning Arena, then I am officially ruined.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:01 am

The least I can do is throw something in. Most of Battle Island's facilities are high level anyway, this is just the quest required to reach them.

It's not hard, but the quests required to get there are slightly medium in difficulty. I had always hinted at the book miniquest, but it only seems fitting to properly incorporate it into the main quest.

Mind you, I never worked out who the book belonged to.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:20 am

I now have something high levelled to add.

At 70 mining, players can have a 90% chance of plucking samples from the deep sea corals of Battle Island and getting a spirit shard, below that the chances are 50% maximum. 80 mining introduces perfect spirit shards which occur very rarely. These equal 3 spirit shards on their own and are hard to find.

The fossils, originally considered useless, now have a purpose. Once you reach 90 summoning, the likes of the behemoth, the ziz and the leviathan are available as familiars with the help of rare precursor charms. The scroll ability of each of these creatures allows you to travel without teleporting. Behemoths can trek across large landmasses, ziz can reach higher places whilst leviathans can travel bodies of water to reach islands. This does require higher mining as well, for fossils will need to be at 100% complete in order to be used. Anything less is far less useful and at 50% or below are just worthless. This makes them far more sought after.

None of this is a compulsory requirment, but it adds a degree of high level elitism to Arzonus. The precursor charm, which is impossible to find below a certain level, is colour white and only features a single circle on the image, as to represent the potential within.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:19 am

great; that's progress! but can it not be Arzonus related? You can't expect Jagex to implement this idea, which is good, when it builds a DIRECT connection to anything Arzonus, since it hasn't been published and put in-game.

EDIT: maybe this coral reef could be found like underwater with the mogres from Recipe for Disaster? I would love to have another reason to go underwater.
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1668

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:33 am

It is underwater, that's part of the appeal.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:11 am

I feel that my idea probably wouldn't get the go ahead, regardless of how you dress it.

1. A summoning arena for familiars would be open to all levels apart and eliminates the point of exclusive content for higher levels. It is still combat.
2. Summoning is still classed as combat, whatever way you look at it. The guild would not be usable.
3. Chances are, no one will figure out the diving aspect of Battle Island and that hopefully will be left alone.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:57 am

I think you can "go with it". Mining coral underwater sounds like an interesting addition to mining. With it, you can greatly expand the crafting skill and/or the summonong skill. Jagex said you can make improvements that affects combat in the long run, like this one. They just don't want it to be centrally based around combat. Wink

Also, you don't have to include this Battle Island. Seriously, the underwater area you explore in RFD is a great location to place this coral.

You also don't have to include a summoning guild and make the coral mines a separate idea. I honestly see potential in that idea.
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:09 am

Okay, so it is relatively safe...

Unless one of you lot steals it!
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:10 am

which we won't...

And anyway, if they do happen to choose your idea for the voting, it will remain anonymous among voters to prevent any discrepancies if the same idea will appear in the contest.
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:57 am

I felt really inspired and so have written up my idea. It's very good and I think it is definitely a winner.

And I came up with a new word; autoanimakinesis!
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:45 am

So what Idea is that?
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:31 pm

The idea of the spirit shard coral and the fossils.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2