The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which is better? Wii, PS3 or Xbox 360?

+7
Blackpsych
Dark Avorian
Ruy112
TATORZ
blank
The Empty Lord
MorbiusMonster
11 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Which is better? Wii, PS3 or Xbox 360? - Page 5 Empty Which is better? Wii, PS3 or Xbox 360?

Post by MorbiusMonster Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:34 am

First topic message reminder :

This may have nothing to do with RuneScape at all, but I just felt like knowing. Which consoles do you prefer? The Wii, the PS3 or the Xbox 360?

I personally prefer the Wii, because of the variety of games is a little more, how should I put it, user friendly. Also, it ahas something to do with the fact I really can't afford the games of the other consoles. I also have a PS3 but rarely ever used it and never see much of it these days, mainly because of compatibility issues and the price of brand new games, which is a shame since there are a handful I do actually like.

In my own opinion I find the Wii, whilst not the most graphically exceptional, offers a different playing experience because of the Wiimote and a range of games to match (with Okami being my uttermost favourite), that I just genuinely prefer due to dislike of overly violent content. I find that the PS3 and Xbox 360 are whores for graphics and sound quality, which is alright if you prefer their range of games (which I sadly do not). I always thought the PS3 as the console being aimed at people who's first console(s) were the Playstation and PS2 and so have grown up and the PS3 is the console aimed at those adolescents/young-adults who prefer more adult or complex games.

What about anyone else?

Last edited by MorbiusMonster on Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:50 am; edited 1 time in total
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 2641

Back to top Go down

Which is better? Wii, PS3 or Xbox 360? - Page 5 Empty Re: Which is better? Wii, PS3 or Xbox 360?

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:30 am

So...

Wait, that sounds less awesome. They've just decided that they aren't making enough money so they are going to backtrack to standard controls, "standard" graphics...?

If it was just awesome graphics with the same awesome Wii then sure... but, also old controllers?

Also - specific cable? What, HDMI? I'd've thought that they'd've just gone for HD meaning High Quality with the option of actually being High Definition... similar to the PS3 and the 360. It's high quality... but you can go up even further with a HD screen.

The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Which is better? Wii, PS3 or Xbox 360? - Page 5 Empty Re: Which is better? Wii, PS3 or Xbox 360?

Post by MorbiusMonster Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:18 am

Well, there's the specific cable that has five different leads, two red, green, blue and white.

Naturally they would have to make the backwards step considering controllers for games not initially designed for Wiimote (basically PS3 and XBOX 360 only games), however I reckon they would offer the game cube controller as an alternative, like with a lot of other games that can be played using either controller.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kideras Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:08 am

there really isn't a need for the wii HD, look at monster hunter tri, look at smash bros, even twighlight princess still looks great, the best developers can squeeze near HD graphics on the wii, why would we need an upgrade?
Kideras
Kideras
Initiate

Number of posts : 67

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:03 pm

Wii HD = PS3 + PS Move

And HD versions of classic Nintendo would just be wrong... some thing you play for the graphics they are known for.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kideras Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:49 am

3mptylord wrote:Wii HD = PS3 + PS Move

actually it would probably be cheaper XP
Kideras
Kideras
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:55 pm

Well, that remains to be seen. Wink

I got my PS3 + Three Games + Extra Controller for like £200. It was the Slim, so if I pretend I was buying the special edition Wii... *browses*... would cost me £185 for the Black Wii with Wii Sports, Toy Story 3 and Harry Potter. Admittedly the upgrade costs probably won't be as much as the PS Move controllers - but it's not that much of a price difference. Wink
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruy112 Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:46 am

!!!

I got my PS3 + 1 game and 1 controller for roughly 275 £

We Danes are getting ripped off Sad
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1623

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:19 am

Actually, I may have been two games... but I had three because I also bought God of War 3 while I was there. I wasn't including God of War 3 in the price, but I may have included it in my remembering. Wink

I think I got Uncharted 2 and Bad Company 2. Grin
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kideras Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:24 am

a PS3 with psmove is going to be like 400 us dollars, and that is for just the system, camera and one controller, considering some games need 2 controllers PER PERSON that could get expensive
Kideras
Kideras
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:29 am

It costs £50 for the PS Move system over here, so £250 in total with the package I bought.

Game prices are irrelevant to be honest. Worth and value are very different things.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:55 pm

The gaming market is very brutal, largely because its customers are easily driven. Introduce a new game and people fawn all over it, but introduce a new console or gimmick and its a gamer's wet dream.

Sony make the PS3 to work with their televisions, so you buy the two devices, not just the console.

Nintendo's only outlets are the console market and the handheld market. Their reliance is on the casual gamers and family players. They may or may not lose this audience to Sony if the PS move is released (they may move if the games that involve the move are better, but then again they might not, considering the financial state and whether or not the games and elements come across as shamefully derivative.) Point still stands though, their consoles are cheaper.

Xbox needn't be as competitive as the other two companies, because it is made by Microsoft which pretty much already rules the world on its own with the PC (despite what Mac says, the PC is more dominant. The only reason there are so many viruses for the PC and not the Mac is that all the most important computers are PCs and it is more effective to make viruses for them).
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:08 pm

Yeah^^

Apparently, given a pretty standard PC and a pretty standard Mac, a hacker can actually take control of the Mac faster.
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:46 pm

Sony make the PS3 to work with their televisions, so you buy the two devices, not just the console.
They do? I've never owned or seen a Sony TV. I know they make it, but I don't know anyone with one. I've never even thought of buying one of their TVs. Confuse

Also, Macs are PCs. PC is personal computer.

But yeah, for such a small percentage of the market it's not worth making viruses for them.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:19 pm

3mpty. For the love of god on't pull semantic bullshit on me.
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:23 pm

I didn't actually notice your comment, I was replying to Morb. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:59 am

For those of you who may or may not be interested, I have signed up onto the PSN after acquiring the PS3 off of my Dad. My display name is "GiovanniMagnus" if you fancy adding me.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:02 am

I have added Xbox Live and PSN to the profile, and have updated my own. I don't get on either often enough to remember to add people, but I'll accept invites. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:08 am

So far on Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time...

I have acquired all of the weapons on Easy mode; all of them, save for the Ryno V, have been maxed out. My first weapon to be fully upgraded was the Plasma Striker, maxed out in Krell Canyon against Agorians. I also have the Chimpamatic, acquired before even landing on Vapedia.

I acquired the Ryno V before facing of Nefarious, all 40 Zoni at the same time and completed the game once before finding the last gold bolt.

If I happen to buy any games that have online playability, I'll notify you.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:12 am

I don't have many multiplayers myself. Or rather, I don't play the multiplayer... I guess quite a few of mine do actually. Tongue

I like co-ops, and those multiplayers with quirk/don't require you to be aggressive and to have played them consistently since release 'cause otherwise you'll suck.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:41 pm

Returning to the original subject, my friend and I dicussed this at length.
Hardware wise, the 360 or PS3 is better. However, the Wii has a wider variety, making it a good console for your everyman and the motion control is pretty fun. Unfortunately, the Wii has amazing games (Super Mario Galaxy (2) FTW!!!), but also a ton of shovelware due to the exploitable variety.
The 360 has very good games, but they are mostly shooters (Halo, Cod) so it's better for your more harecore gamer. However, it has good variety, but not as good as the Wii.
The PS3 doesn't really have anything of not - oh wait: GOD OF WAR 3!!!!1!!!@1!!! Seriously, it has a few good games, but many of them can also be perchaused for the 360. The variety is also the worst of the three on this one.
All in all, I would say the Wii, if Nintendo used 3rd party developers for hareware, so I go with the 360.
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Number of posts : 955

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:00 pm

Hehe. Smile

Wii is only the best for the awesomest games. Xbox is the best for being the silver crown at nearly everything. PS3 has some great exclusives, and is usually the better console to buy games on if they aren't exclusives (for things like less/shorter loading screens, etc). The PS3 would have the best hardware hands down, but I think they've got too small a bitwidth (?) for the actual capability of the processor - so half the processing is pretty much unused.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:37 pm

After looking it over, I think I already own or have bought all the PS3 games I was interested in. And that totals to less than a dozen. I am not fond of;

Racing games, because I find them difficult to master unless they are kids go kart games, and even then I swivel too much.
First person shooters, because some can be just tasteless and others repetitive.
Party games, because they are meant for more than one person, so you feel pathetic being forced to play alone, because no one else wants to come over.

The Wii wins me over because the range is broader for people like me; people who played consoles since they were kids, and still prefer kids games. Oh, and I have a Sonic Screwdriver Wii remote. Grin
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:58 am

Wasn't the Wii named to mean together/for everyone? So saying you don't like party games, then you buy the party console, seems a little oxymoronic. Tongue

But I get your point, that's the reason I love the Wii. But I couldn't live without a mature console for the same reason that whilst I love kids/family films/shows, I still like watching stuff made for my age: violence, romance, 'splosions, etc. Smile

They only two racing games I have on PS3 is Blur and Split/Second. I love Blur, it's like Burnout meats Mario Karts (I have Burnout on Xbox)... but I don't like Split/Second for the simple reason the trailer did not accurately describe the game, and so I felt conned/a blow to my expectations.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TATORZ Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:26 pm

My Wii's brokededed Sad

Won't read my new game, but my uncle's will.
TATORZ
TATORZ
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Number of posts : 2458

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:59 pm

Awwwh. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:42 am

I have none of them. I support computers. Though Nintendo is a legend Tongue
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Number of posts : 743

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next