The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which is better? Wii, PS3 or Xbox 360?

+7
Blackpsych
Dark Avorian
Ruy112
TATORZ
blank
The Empty Lord
MorbiusMonster
11 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Which is better? Wii, PS3 or Xbox 360? - Page 2 Empty Which is better? Wii, PS3 or Xbox 360?

Post by MorbiusMonster Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:34 am

First topic message reminder :

This may have nothing to do with RuneScape at all, but I just felt like knowing. Which consoles do you prefer? The Wii, the PS3 or the Xbox 360?

I personally prefer the Wii, because of the variety of games is a little more, how should I put it, user friendly. Also, it ahas something to do with the fact I really can't afford the games of the other consoles. I also have a PS3 but rarely ever used it and never see much of it these days, mainly because of compatibility issues and the price of brand new games, which is a shame since there are a handful I do actually like.

In my own opinion I find the Wii, whilst not the most graphically exceptional, offers a different playing experience because of the Wiimote and a range of games to match (with Okami being my uttermost favourite), that I just genuinely prefer due to dislike of overly violent content. I find that the PS3 and Xbox 360 are whores for graphics and sound quality, which is alright if you prefer their range of games (which I sadly do not). I always thought the PS3 as the console being aimed at people who's first console(s) were the Playstation and PS2 and so have grown up and the PS3 is the console aimed at those adolescents/young-adults who prefer more adult or complex games.

What about anyone else?

Last edited by MorbiusMonster on Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:50 am; edited 1 time in total
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 2641

Back to top Go down

Which is better? Wii, PS3 or Xbox 360? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which is better? Wii, PS3 or Xbox 360?

Post by blank Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:27 am

Good boy ^^

blank
Proselyte

Number of posts : 461

Back to top Go down

Which is better? Wii, PS3 or Xbox 360? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which is better? Wii, PS3 or Xbox 360?

Post by MorbiusMonster Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:46 pm

I've never played God of War, mainly because I don't have the money at any one time to buy such a game, and I don't like games that work on that genre.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:15 am

What, fantasy? Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:04 am

Errr...that is odd, ya know considering what this forum is >_>
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:04 pm

God of War is a fantasy title? I thought it was just a shoot 'em up.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackpsych Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:47 pm

Xbox 360 all the way!!!!!!
Blackpsych
Blackpsych
Proselyte

Number of posts : 144

http://vgforums.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:48 pm

Gears of War is a fantasy shooter... But I've never played a game like it, so it's not conventional for a shooter.

God of War, however, is an fantasy sword 'em up. One of the greatest games. Tongue

Problem is, both are exclusive to separate consoles. Wink

Last edited by 3mptylord on Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:31 am; edited 1 time in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TATORZ Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:54 pm

There is no shooter like Gears... lol
TATORZ
TATORZ
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Number of posts : 2458

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:36 pm

*cough* wrong sslash symbol *cough*
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:10 am

Ah, I blame my phone. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruy112 Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:35 pm

I'm still playing Assassins Creed 2... waiting for something new Smile
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1623

Back to top Go down

Post by blank Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:08 pm

I did some research on God of War(not rlly, I forgot what I was supposed to do at a certain point) and I discovered that is was voted the 5th best game of all time. I would like to see the other four.
blank
blank
Proselyte

Number of posts : 461

Back to top Go down

Post by TATORZ Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:04 am

5th best from who? Find that out and you'll find the other 4 Tongue
TATORZ
TATORZ
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Number of posts : 2458

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:04 am

Tongue

Ooh, more to compare;

Wii vs Move vs Kinect.

Personally, I think both Kinect and the Wii were innovative (even if the Kinect can't function sat down); but Move is just a rip off of the Wii.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackpsych Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:32 pm

The PS3 is newer than the xbox 360 but the xbox has better connection is not a pain to fix, has a much more new player friendly control scheme, and was the first console( the original xbox) to have memory on the hardrive rather than having to buy memory cards, therefore meaning the PS3 took the idea from the xbox. The 360 did not rip off their motion orionted accesory from the wii, has Red Dead Redemtion, and can't the play station creators think of a more creative name than just adding 1 to the name of their consoles. Xbox is a much lower price and although the Ps3 might have exclusive games like GoW and infamous which are good games, free online gaming, it's online is laggy, and the xbox has exclusive titles too. I am not implying that the PS3 is a bad system just that xbox is better. One more thing, people say that the PS3 is better because of the Blu-Ray compatibility but without an HDTV you can't watch Blu-Ray so people with standard TVs cant watch movies, but on the xbox pop in a DVD and if you have an HDTV the movie will be in HD. Also u can buy HD movies from the xbox marketplace. I can say more but Im done.. For now
Blackpsych
Blackpsych
Proselyte

Number of posts : 144

http://vgforums.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:10 pm

Truth be told, Sony ripped the Playstation from Nintendo.

Nintendo had a coalition with Sony to develop a new console, the Nintendo Playstation, with plans to release it 1991, but it was never released. Here's the article about it from July's issue of Nintendo magazine.

"In the mid '90s CD-ROM technology started to kick off and Nintendo wanted a piece of it. There were two companies pioneering CD-ROM technology at the time, Sony and Phillips, so Nintendo had discussions with Sony about creating a CD-ROM system that was to be available in to flavours. The first would be a SNES CD - a Nintendo-branded CD-ROM drive that fitted underneath the SNES and would play CD-ROM games. If you have a SNES, look underneath it. See that expansion port? It would haver plugged in there. The second was the PlayStation, a brand new entertainment system console that could play SNES cartridges, SNES CD games and music CDs. The PlayStation would use SNES controllers and the CD-ROM format would be designed and developed by Sony.

Nintendo was due to announce the PlayStation at the 1991 Consumer Electronics Show but shortly before the announcemnt, Nintendo president Hiroshi Yamauchi realised that the contract with Sony meant that not only would they be in control of the design of the CD-ROMs but they'd also be in full control of any SNES CD games released. He announced a secret last-minute deal with Philips, allowing them to use Nintendo's licenses on its upcoming CDi system and that, unbeknownst to Sony, Nintendo was scrapping the PlayStation project. This turned out to be a mistake because not only did the CDi games end up being atrocious, but Sony decided to make use of what it had developed so far and go on to release the PlayStation itself, which... well, you know what happened next."

So Sony are nothing but great big copycats, they've taken the PlayStation from Nintendo and the internal hard drive storage from Microsoft. Therefore PlayStation will always be shadowed by its competitors.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:32 pm

The 360 did not rip off their motion orionted accesory from the wii
^
After starting to write this sentence it occurred to me you were probably making a snide remark at the PS3. I was gonna say 'I never said they did, I say that Sony did. Tongue'

play station creators think of a more creative name than just adding 1 to the name of their consoles.
^
I've never seen that as an issue. Xbox kept the 'Xbox' despite the console no longer looking anything like an X.

Ps3 might have exclusive games like GoW.
^
You should really not use acronyms... Especially GoW, given discussion of God/Gears of War above. Tongue

One more thing, people say that the PS3 is better because of the Blu-Ray compatibility but without an HDTV you can't watch Blu-Ray
^
You've probably not set it up right, Blu-Ray can work on standard definition TVs. Also, 3D technology will, apparently, only be available on Blu-Ray...

The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:36 pm

Morbius... From what you just said then, Sony didn't copy anything. They were co-designing, and Nintendo ditched them for something inferior... Without warning.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:49 pm

Yeah, if someone goes behind your back to mess up an agreement and release it's own new thing, I think it entirely justified to take the project, release it, and sit back and watch the other's plans burn
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:41 am

My point still stands however. They worked as a combined group, it took both their efforts to create the console and it was Nintendo that approached Sony. In a way, the idea was derived from Nintendo.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:18 am

Yet they felt Sony had the means, or technology, to make it possible.

But either way, no, I don't think your point still stands. If anything you've just highlighted how insecure and blindsighted Nintendo is.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:59 am

Okay, how much are Sony paying you?
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:20 am

And how much is nintendo paying you?
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruy112 Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:22 am

We all know that Apple's yet-to-be-developed platform will surpass all other, if the controller doesn't overheat Tongue
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1623

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:23 am

Rofl...no... it will be overpriced, and it will look damn slick.

Oh...wait a minute...

Which is better? Wii, PS3 or Xbox 360? - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMD_XgYNf5vfnKVaPKE5KS7ipRwDFRkJlsyDwmCkLRGJwqRUU&t=1&usg=__eYMVLkroqwYHUevE16R6VZFgX0U=
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:27 am

I just prefer Nintendo because it is significantly cheaper and better value for money than the PlayStation. I have a PlayStation 3 and a Wii, but mostly prefer the latter as the former proves to be extremely expensive to provide the latest games, and the range isn't as broad to my liking as the Wii.

And in response as to how much Nintendo is paying me, well how much would you pay me for doing research to prove your console is the better against its competitors and find the fatal flaws in the rivals?
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next