The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Zavionce too good for Runescape?

+5
Ruy112
Blaze FF8
trixtor
The Empty Lord
blank
9 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Is Zavionce too good for Runescape? - Page 3 Empty Is Zavionce too good for Runescape?

Post by blank Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:00 am

First topic message reminder :

Exactly what it says on the tin! Zavionce is a quest series of such mastery, it should be a game of it's own, or a book. I sure as hell know that if Zavionce was released as a book, I would buy my very own copy of it!(Or all 6 of them for that matter). I don't think it should be made into a movie, because it would simply be ruined by modern-day Hollywood(Eragon, anyone?)

And you may be wondering: How would this idea sprout from one's mind?
Well, it's kinda silly. I was looking at the Zavionce Map, and saw that there were very little houses. Which is, of course, not how I'd pictured the majestic city in my imagination. It started with houses, and then started with a looot of other things ^^

If a few changes were made, no-one would even notice it wasn't supposed to be a book of it's own, since it pretty much already is!

I sure as hell would be proud to own my own copy. Well, that and the fact that I know the author, of course.

Peace out!
-Jer(I'm looking at you 3mpty)
blank
blank
Proselyte

Number of posts : 461

Back to top Go down

Is Zavionce too good for Runescape? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Zavionce too good for Runescape?

Post by blank Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:55 pm

I have a feeling that Morbius doesn't really like Twilight ^^(And who's to blame him? Those aren't vampires, they're fricking discoballs)

blank
Proselyte

Back to top Go down

Is Zavionce too good for Runescape? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Zavionce too good for Runescape?

Post by Dark Avorian Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:25 pm

Don't worry Morbius and Blaze, I won't compare you to twilight, just to Wheel of Time and the Lord of the Rings!

(I have never read twilight...although i do have the second one on my bookcase...It was a joke present)
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruy112 Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:55 pm

Twilight is iffy
Vampires don't shine no
I kinda read them
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1623

Back to top Go down

Post by blank Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:07 am

I read them sometimes too, but just 'cuz I need something to read ^^
blank
blank
Proselyte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:50 am

Twilight's not the worst book... It's just very bad and she's a terrible author. She only because I don't care to remember her name. And most of you probably only dislike it because of peer pressure, or yor exaggerating your dislike for that reason... People are putting too much effort into not liking it. It's not all bad... It keeps quite close to the book, unlike most movie renditions. And it's sales prove that it wasn't a bust. It is an awful story though, the third has probably been the best. I was forced to watch the first, and I had that sort of curiosity you wish you didn't have to watch the second and third.

And Ruy, the vampires in my story are shiny... Sometimes, only as much as a care or something made of matt metal. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruy112 Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:01 am

They're not horrible, they are just so sugar sweet (even the vampires are semi-harmless) Tongue

Book two was best (because I can't remember book three Tongue) I liked the way she portrayed Bella in that one Tongue
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze FF8 Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:22 am

'Tongue',
'Tongue' everywhere. . .

I've never read nor seen Twilight, so I can't form any real opinion on it. From what I've heard, it doesn't strike me as the kind of book I'd read anyway. 'Not all that in to romances.
Blaze FF8
Blaze FF8
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Number of posts : 496

Back to top Go down

Post by blank Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:25 am

That's no romance, it's an obsession. The dude leaves a bit and she like... Dies inside.

It has an OK base, but executed extremely bad, if you ask me.
blank
blank
Proselyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruy112 Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:25 am

You're a lone-fox huh?
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:06 am

I've never read the Twilight series either. I tried reading it once, but all my friends at my high school castrated (like punished not the actual thing! Tongue ) me for it lol

Also, Twilight as probably hinted before, has been the subject of ridicule at my school! I've never heard a positive review of the series there. So I can througouly assume it isn't that great, but I did read a synopsis of it and was like "crap. This is a terrible, overdone plot, but with the exception of the twisting of fantasy in relation to vampires." Laughing
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1668

Back to top Go down

Post by trixtor Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:25 pm

Sadly, on of the reasons why Twilight is so often proclaimed to be terrible is because it is, in fact, terrible. Although most people don't seem to realize this, Vampires were NOT invented by Bram Stoker (or something like that; the author of Dracula). They originated in various folk-tales from (mainly) eastern and central Europe. Vampires aren't a creation of authors; they were created by people who lived in fear of them. Twilight warps some of the most feared creatures ever into shiny, emo, gothic losers. Don't get me started on the horrors Twilight inflicted upon the legendary were-wolves. Evil or Very Mad Rage
trixtor
trixtor
Advocate

Number of posts : 538

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze FF8 Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:51 pm

That's another thing I've resolved not to do: Include creatures which aren't my own. Neutral These days, so many of them seem overused. Some may fit the story they've been "assigned" to, but others (Twilight's a good example) don't. Meyer could've easily created a new creature to give the attributes she gave her vampires.
The central creatures in my book are called the Vulshiera. Who's foremost ability is being able to sense hidden energy in elements and nature, and can manipulate and craft them in whichever way they desire.
Aside from that though, I suppose their manner isn't that much different than humans'. I'm just happy to include something at least a little bit original. Neutral
Blaze FF8
Blaze FF8
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruy112 Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:12 pm

I don't have a problem including creatures that aren't my own. If a werewolf fits the story, then I would use it. But if I had to alter the werewolf so it could also read minds and become invisible, and it remained conscious while in wolf form, I might as well create my own race.
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:32 pm

Twilight aside, Zavionce would work well, as would Arzonus, so I plan to set myself the goal of completing the book.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 2641

Back to top Go down

Post by blank Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:08 am

Zavionce would work very well ^^ Haven't read Arzonus, so...
blank
blank
Proselyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze FF8 Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:03 am

Well, there we go! A couple of days ago, I finished my final chapter! My priorities now are proof-reading, glossary's completion, copyrite, and then - finally - I'll be looking into publishing. Smile
Blaze FF8
Blaze FF8
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by blank Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:50 am

Yaaaaaay Grin
blank
blank
Proselyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruy112 Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:53 am

Awesome Grin
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:11 am

Copeez nao?
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:40 am

If you can finish your book, then surely I should be able to find the resolve to finally finish mine. How many chapters does your book have? I've managed to reach about 40 and still not sure If I am quite halfway yet, but there is a lot of content I want to put into it.

A little extract from Terra's notes.

"From the safety of the mountain rock, I observed the happenings of the crater from which evil made its presence overwhelmingly known. The robed mayor of Lupine stepped forth, carrying an ancient, cursed tome in his arm, observed the sinister monolith in the centre of the crater, stroked it and it responded by glowing in a sinister fashion that I couldn't help but feel greatly concerned over.

The monolith, crafted from material my mortal eyes had never seen, had a dark presence about it as if it was plugging the very whole into the underworld, but also being contaminated from the energies within, acting as a beacon to all evils that found themselves compatible with this force of unnatural power. I sadly collected no samples of said monolith for I was unable to obtain any prior to its activation, due to only just recently discovering it and there was no chance of collecting it now, particularly since said obelisk now ceases to be.

The mayor read the incantation, illuminating the crater with a series of lines and patterns, as if a network had been intergrated into the very foundations of the mountain. As each channel pulsed with the paranormal electrical influence, a thick black fog erupted from cracks, fissures and crevaces in the crater surface. The mineral plugging the gap into the underworld cracked, shattered and dissolved revealing a being that at first appeared deformed. Gradually the shattered crystal shrouded it and as it did so, my second heart felt as if it was having an attack by just watching this frightful scene, for what I witnessed was the rebirth of Arzonus' greatest documented adversary; the Nightmare.

The Nightmare, appearing shrivelled at first, like an aged and decrepid being slowly stroked his face with his hand as both it and his body began becoming more solid, the flesh regrowing itself and becoming thicker by the second till it appeared more of a person than it did previously. Erupting from the base of it's neck, where the back of the head met the spine, a third, immaterial arm grew forth from a specially designed spaulder on its long coat and preened through its fine grey hair as it grew longer and thicker. Gradually, it mustered enough strength to open two monstrously red eyes and the pupils within formed and it gazed at its surroundings with eager intent, each eye moving independently. Finally it cast forth a fedora, placed it squarely on its head and let forth a roar from a mouth that was non-existent. The roar unlike anything ever heard, it was unerhtly, consisting of the sound of monsters and people screaming in fear and agony and suddenly ceasing, that even to this day still makes my blood run cold.

Approaching the Nightmare later in battle wasn't a pleasant experience. The flesh felt unreal, when I was expecting either proper skin or silk as the robes like form suggested. I gazed into its eyes and saw silence and the end of all thing. Despite having speech it beared no mouth or nostrils and no breath could be felt in the air, nor seen in its chest."
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:40 am

Sorry, couldn't resist.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze FF8 Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:58 am

Don't worry about it, I'll give a read soon. (that's three things I've to read over here once I finally find the time Tongue )

My book has 24 chapters. It's relatively small, but I'm hoping to make a series of it if there's the demand, and I think - when that's the intention - it can be a good idea not to make the first instalment appear to too "daunting" or "challenging". But mainly, I think making this particular story much longer than it currently is would be close to "dragging it out".
Blaze FF8
Blaze FF8
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:01 am

Oh, I'd buy a copy. Basically, mine plans to cover a whole range of aspects based around Arzonus; the human hunters, the city, the militia and also the heroes and villains.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze FF8 Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:31 am

Why, thank you. Smile
Arzonus gathered masive aclaim on the Rs forums,
as you're well aware, so I hope you can finish your book on it. It'd get
a good following!
Blaze FF8
Blaze FF8
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by blank Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:18 am

Can you send me a copy? Since my country is very annoying on st00f like that... We barely have any English books
blank
blank
Proselyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruy112 Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:42 pm

Psst! Amazon Tongue
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next