The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Furry Fandom

+6
trixtor
Ruy112
blank
Blaze FF8
The Empty Lord
MorbiusMonster
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Furry Fandom - Page 2 Empty Furry Fandom

Post by MorbiusMonster Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:06 am

First topic message reminder :

Yes, that's right. I've opened up a topic for furry fandom (covering anthro and therian) thanks to 3mpty informing us of his tasteful interest in Yiff.

So we should discuss furries, for the sake of not making some of us feeling out of place for liking them (if you are going to discuss yiff, make sure it's tasteful).
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 2641

Back to top Go down

Furry Fandom - Page 2 Empty Re: Furry Fandom

Post by MorbiusMonster Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:14 am

You should try looking it up on Wikipedia. It's much more deeper than just gatherings. People generally feel at peace believing they are animal. Hard not to understand why when you look at the arrogance of humanity in respect to Earth's creatures, it annoys me so much to see it.

For some people, it has a sexuality involved with it, but probably because they admire the human form, but rather put a different face on it.

MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:25 am

If you were going to look it up on Wikipedia why did you ask me? I said my mate went to one; I implied no knowledge of it.

People's resentment of humanity annoys me. I'm just saying. We have spent thousands of years cultivating modern day society and people who say it's corrupt, evil and destructive are damning billions of people who died building it. It's like people who take law into their own hands. Society has spent generations building a lawbook that suits society and it continues to change with each generation - who are they to think themselves a better judge.

Ants go to war. Meat is being consumed by nonhumans all the time, even by those capable of eating vegetation. Humanity's contribution to climate change is negligible. Species have gone extinct at the mouths of other animals. All territorial animals are protective of their territory - even wolves. Most animals are protective of their own, even if that which they fear poses them no threat. All animals have a survival instinct. Rats laugh when you tickle them.

But you know, the art, movies, games, poetry, novels, etc, are all further reasons to hate humanity. It's all about love and/or war. It's either inspiring it or written about it.

<->

So it's just people hiding behind masks? Anon Fests accomplish that without the fetish aspect. Wink

...Sorry, that came out harsh. Well, I know you'll probably take it to heart more than I meant it...

Last edited by 3mptylord on Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:58 am; edited 2 times in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by trixtor Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:38 am

Morbius, are you a furry? (Sorry for being so blunt)
trixtor
trixtor
Advocate

Number of posts : 538

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackpsych Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:19 pm

Humanity is too smart for itself. We make decisions that are too good. Therefore we will keep gaining more and more knowledge till we commit mental suicide by knowing too much and someone uses the knowledge for the worst purposes aginable. An unstoppable force
Blackpsych
Blackpsych
Proselyte

Number of posts : 144

http://vgforums.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:28 pm

How can we know "too" much when we have nothing to compare to?

If we weren't intelligent we'd still be going to war over religion/creed. I think it's fairly agreed that war is bad, but you also damn how the civilise world got over it?
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackpsych Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:50 pm

No, we with more knowledge there is more power, and with more power there is more need to be dominant, mankind has always been fighting and that will never stop, world peace is not possible, we can come close but it will never be complete
Blackpsych
Blackpsych
Proselyte

Number of posts : 144

http://vgforums.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze FF8 Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:21 pm

3mptylord wrote:How can we know "too" much when we have nothing to compare to?

If we weren't intelligent we'd still be going to war over religion/creed. I think it's fairly agreed that war is bad, but you also damn how the civilise world got over it?

Er. . . we are still at war over religion and creed.
Blaze FF8
Blaze FF8
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Number of posts : 496

Back to top Go down

Post by blank Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:24 pm

I think he meant we wouldn't, not we'd ^^
blank
blank
Proselyte

Number of posts : 461

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:33 am

We don't.

The world is still at war over religion/creed, but the technological world isn't (that's Europe, North America, Russia, Japan, Australia, etc).

South America, which has never really had much in the sense of organised religion, has the occasional spat over territory. I suppose you could say Africa and the Orients are having a cobble over government. But Europe's highly religious neighbours have been at war amongst themselves for a LONG time - and they're not even keeping it to themselves these days.

Although, I could just be being naive. Tongue

The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by trixtor Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:14 pm

Afganistan. That's all that needs to be said to contradict your theory 3mpty.
trixtor
trixtor
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:38 pm

Aren't they exactly my point?
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:18 am

Anyway, I can see this going sour. Tongue

Furries... umm. I suppose you could call my latest art project furry, although it's not all fur - some are skin, some are hide, etc. I'm doing a sapient-species line-up! I'm toying with the idea of Chibi-style! I did my first chibi yesterday but it doesn't look very cute. Pleased

Human**, Elf**, Dwarf, Gnome, Troll, Ogre, Goblin, Ork, Walren, Spookrow, Odder, Werefox, Werewolf, Gremlin, Hobbit**, Faun and Saurian** thus far. I'm thinking about Fairy, and I'm adding Pixie. Smile

**I was gonna do a couple of each to represent multiple races, and also give me the space to represent multiple combat styles.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:34 am

I think the phrase "faun" is not used as widely as it used to. Nowadays, people prefer to use satyr, because then there's less confusion between the mythical creature and an animal young going by the same name.

Anyway, I might as well see if I can try uploading a picture of a kind of furry. let's see...

Spoiler:

If it doesn't work, can anyone explain to me how I can upload pictures, I can never seem to get it right.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by trixtor Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:50 am

3mptylord wrote:Aren't they exactly my point?

No, the U.S.A is fighting in Afghanistan against Insane Islamic Fundamentalists (TM) Tongue (read: Muslim Terrorists).
trixtor
trixtor
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:29 am

A product of human evil, built on foundations of finding a scapegoat. It's a hypocritical order, condemning what is natural as evil, but think that savage beating, murder and torture of people is justifiably acceptable.

The order itself tries to divert blame away from itself. People join because they are poor and hungry. The land is arid and money is scarce. The crooked humans blame their enemies and use it as recruitment bait. The real reason the land is so bad and money is rare? The crooked humans. Continuously destroying the land cause they fear any development, pillaging and stealing what little money people have and blame the turmoil on a force that has nothing to do with it.

You can't justify terrorism. The world isn't fair and people can be manipulative and self-righteous, but the answer doesn't lie in creating chaos from unfair order. The fundamentalists are named many things, but above all they are cowards, too small and afraid to take on the big world so place guns and bombs in front of them when all that does is create a hiding place. Remove the weapon and the coward is exposed.

Let the xenophobes and cowards hide behind their false justice, they'll be exposed for whom they really are soon enough.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:38 am

I can see it's too much to hope that the argument in the making would be dropped... Tongue

Anyway, no, Afganistan is point exactly. The only religious wars are in Asia.

Morb, so long as that's all talking about one particular religion then I'll agree. If that's your opinion on your religion entirely then I resent it - and I'm not religious. Just being defencive again. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:16 am

It's nothing to do with religion, that monologue refers to terrorism.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by trixtor Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:09 am

3mptylord wrote:I can see it's too much to hope that the argument in the making would be dropped... Tongue

Anyway, no, Afganistan is point exactly. The only religious wars are in Asia.

Morb, so long as that's all talking about one particular religion then I'll agree. If that's your opinion on your religion entirely then I resent it - and I'm not religious. Just being defencive again. Tongue
I was referring to the fact that the United States, which is in North America, is fighting in Afghanistan because of the ISLAMIC fundamentalists.
trixtor
trixtor
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Kideras Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:06 am

I would like to say that north america may not be fighting over religion, but we still fight over various beliefs all the time, there is another war beneath the war on muslim fundies. there is the war of spreading our government system cause' it will give us more power over others, wars on communism, dictatorship, and anything that we don't like are happening all the time.

just my two cents.
Kideras
Kideras
Initiate

Number of posts : 67

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:05 pm

3mpty, could you do us one small favour? Could you perhaps move all the posts relating with war to another thread, this thread was supposed to be about furries.

On another note, cause I'm feeling bored, I feel like doing commissions for people (drawing furry or anthro pictures on demand for money).
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:06 pm

Yeah, but North America aren't at war because they are religious, they're at war because religion is terrorising them. And is it really war when you go there and just annoy them in their country? Especially when the country hasn't declared war on the US. It's just "peace keeping"?

Last edited by 3mptylord on Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:51 am; edited 1 time in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:10 pm

I did already once request that the discussion ceased, but even you carried on Morbie. Tongue

End of. If you wish to further discuss the war on terrorism, please take it to another thread.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by trixtor Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:21 am

You have to have the last word, right? Tongue
trixtor
trixtor
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:56 am

Well, I failed the first time, so it's not like I'm good at it. Wink

<~>

Thought I'd start with the non-furries. Wink

Furry Fandom - Page 2 Chibi10
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:35 am

RS Chibis? Tongue
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1668

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:39 am

Hells yeah! Grin

I've decided the Elf's head looks squat.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next