The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Create greater/hidden storyline archs!

5 posters

Go down

Create greater/hidden storyline archs! Empty Create greater/hidden storyline archs!

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:36 am

Create some greater storyline archs. Start off subtle, then get epic. Thing... ummm... the Stone of Jas! That's been a hidden arch for AGES! 'cept... you come up with some! Think of them as Easter Eggs that are foreboding rather than a trivial reference. Wink

Can you hear the drums? Tongue

*cracks knuckles*

I was at work and thought of something amazing. But the cutscenes in my head look better than I could write it... and it's probably only amazing in my head.

Last edited by 3mptylord on Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:53 am; edited 2 times in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Create greater/hidden storyline archs! Empty Re: Create greater/hidden storyline archs!

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:33 am

A schism runs right through the world. Like a bead on a piece of thread, a massive chain runs between it - connected in the centre by a counterweight, speared at regular intervals by spikes coming out of the walls.

When all the spikes are retracted, the counterweight will turn and the chains will crank two key-columns from the sky. Literally from nowhere - they appear through a hole. The hole is miles wide, and the columns too. As the counterweight spins, faster and faster, the two keys are drawn together. Rotating in a helical fashion as they go. As the two get closer together, time literally slows. Alas, when they collide, nothing. The centre stone, the core of the mechanism is missing.

The two keystones are being retracted from the Dungeon Dimension; Gielinor is essentially a giant lock.

I don't know, I can't do my imagination justice. Sad

This is related to Homecoming Apocalypse, as the Beacons would be connected to the spikes.

Atlas wishes to find something, or release something/someone, but-- I don't know. I've suddenly realised my imagination is contradicting itself. In my head the cutscene shows two pieces being pulled into the planet, but the story wants to unlock something. So the columns should be being pushed outwards. Unless... one is one, the other is out... it's being switched. Pulling one in whilst releasing the other.

Atlas wants to unlock something - but part of the mechanism is missing.

Grah.

Anyway. Something to do with preventing the Dungeon Dimension from opening an releasing the gods... or the shadow dimension and releasing. I can't fully remember. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Create greater/hidden storyline archs! Empty Re: Create greater/hidden storyline archs!

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:50 am

I hate my imagination sometimes... things just don't make sense when I try and recall them.

Halp? Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:14 am

The Borg have assimilated Mark Gerhard and Andy Gower.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 2641

Back to top Go down

Post by Kideras Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:12 am

^ I approve,

heres a good one, lucien is really being controlled by zaros as an instrument of revenge
Kideras
Kideras
Initiate

Number of posts : 67

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:23 am

Sounds possible.

What if Lucien was Zarosian all along? But too whimpish to tell anyone. Awwh, he's coming out the closet. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:57 pm

I once came up with a quest called Dawn of the Devil, but never wrote it.

In the battle between Zaros and Zamorak, Zamorak emerged victorious. But Zaros refused to beaten and cast a fail-safe curse on himself to prevent complete annihalation. The curse split Zaros apart into mind, body and soul, each cast into different realms.

The body remained in the physical world. Without a mind to guide it or a soul to maintain it, the body roamed the world to wreak great destruction upon everything it came across.

The body, later dubbed Iblis roamed the war torn world, drawn by the temptation of battle and levelled entire cities with minimal effort. Being the body of a god, it could cast forth immense power and no matter how many times it was defeated it would always ressurect itself from its remains.

Saradomin, Armadyl, Seren and Zamorak eventually came to a decision to finally remove Iblis the only way possible, to split it apart even further. If broken apart, all the powers could not have sufficient enough energy to be unstoppable. The plan came to fruition and succeeded and each god was given the responsibility to deal with each segment.

Seren stored the segment that manifested as Shadow in the Temple of Light, though her fate was unknown in its land stand.

Armadyl had the Smoke segment sealed beneath the sea, where it could pose no harm, but its power caused the evolution of the sea slugs that would later emerge hundreds of years later.

Zamorak and Saradomin decided at one point to exchange the segments they were dispatched to hide. Saradomin gave the Blood to Zamorak to seal safely, for he dared not to visit his lost land of Hallowvale where he intended to hide it, in exchange for sealing the Ice segment away, strong enough to not have it return, but weak enough to allow its power to minutely manifest, creating a new Mahjarrat ritual site, where the previous one no longer existed. Zamorak entrusted Drakan to look after the Blood segment, in exchange for humans he could use.

In the events of the quest, a deranged heretic mage named Ifrit and his order known as the Iblis assemblers try to reunite the segments of Iblis as best they can. The player can either side with the assemblers or with the side of good to complete quest and unlock a whole new amount of ancient spells. If you complete a hero mission, you'd gain another 50K prayer at the end or if you complete a dark mission 50K magic experience once the quest is complete.

Optional sidequests, which rewarded small amounts of experience, would also be available depending on how many hero or dark missions would be completed. The main elements consisted of the following.

The Shadow Segment - Dark mission features you siding with Lord Iowerth, hero mission features you siding with the elves.

The Blood Segment - Dark mission features you discovering Malak is conspiring against Drakan, and you defeat Drakan. The Hero mission features you siding with Drakan to keep the segment a secret and fighting Malak.

The Smoke Segment - The sea slugs are on the move. You either side with Mother Mallum (dark) or the Temple Knights (hero). It is later revealed that the smoke segment isn't Mother Mallum, but Kennith (the lake of a mind in the living segment means it has as much intelligence as a child, allowing it the perfect disguise, but it is too easily distracted to continue its work)

The Ice Segment - You attend the ritual as the champion of Enahkra, to do battle on her behalf. You fight each of the other Mahjarrat's champions (including Arrav, Bouncer, Movario etc.) Upon defeating the other Mahjarrat's champions, you choose who must be sacrificed, either Enahkra in the Dark mission or Akthanakos in the Hero mission. It is revealed that Azzanadra has a third eye he uses as a spy to watch over the world while he is weak.

There were a whole load of other stories taking place alongside the main events, with a huge part before you head to the Celestial Plane where Iblis is resurrected (and you have to fight him!).
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:35 pm

If he's unstoppable that'd be hard. Wink

Sounds pretty epic to be honest. Probably the best means of including a god (in a manner of speaking) in a quest that isn't really horrendous, cliché, or just-- well, you've seen the suggestions I'm sure. Even Meeting History falls into the crap category. Sad

Well, possibly excluding Mythic's brief cameo by Guthix.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:53 pm

The Iblis that is being reassembled hasn't yet fully formed, so its strength isn't to full capacity and therefore is still very delicate and could be easily separated.

Being born from the kiln of life, it means each segment has been made molten and resculpted by Ifrit and is still not quite solid by the time you fight it and was rudementally constructed (so all four parts look as if they've been stuck together).

I was also going to feature an Arzonus villain, Mesophiles the Twisted as a primary antagonist (who leaks some of his blood into the Shadow segment in exchange for control over it, which later has repercussions) and Giovanni Magnus (who helps you in the final battle) appearing in RuneScape briefly using a prototype of technology developed by Maelstrom, but it fails later on and is destroyed, forcing him to return to where he was.

It also revealed the Queen of Ardougne (who is killed), King Vallance (who is killed) and I think the Wise Old Man was going to die at one point to stop Iblis once and for all, by absorbing the segments into his body, killing him and allowing them to die as well, due to them manefesting as mortal.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:09 pm

Sounds great. Although, your cameos from Arzonus go right over my head in terms of any symbolism. Tongue

Any ideas on how I could make mine more sensical?
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by trixtor Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:05 am

Iblis is a reference to one of the worst games ever created right? And other stuff, but the first thing I think of when I hear (or read) Iblis is Sonic 2006.
trixtor
trixtor
Advocate

Number of posts : 538

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:40 am

Iblis means Devil. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:05 am

I chose Iblis, because a lot of the Zarosian followers come across using a large amount of Islamic qualities, and Iblis is their devil.

Iblis was also a djinn, born from a smoke with no flame. One of Zaros' elements is Smoke, but that's aside the point.

I was also going to mention that the mage Ifrit's first name was Lucifer, another name for the devil.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by trixtor Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:12 am

I actually know that, I believe it's Arabic, but the word/name "Iblis" will always remind me of that horrible game.
trixtor
trixtor
Advocate

Number of posts : 538

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruy112 Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:14 am

The villain in that Phillip Kerr series is named Iblis...

Anyway, something with random murders and other crimes, which makes no sense until you draw lines between them and... Ya the old pentagram idea I never got around to...
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1623

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:28 am

Mahjarrat means High Kings in Sanskkrit. Grin
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kideras Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:58 am

that entire suggestion sounded a lot like the plot of sonic the hedgehog 2006.....
Kideras
Kideras
Initiate

Number of posts : 67

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down