The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Runescape Creepypasta

+3
Duskcurse
Dark Avorian
Blaze FF8
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

A Runescape Creepypasta - Page 2 Empty A Runescape Creepypasta

Post by Blaze FF8 Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:04 am

First topic message reminder :

To those of you expecting to read one on clicking this thread, my apologies. None exist, as far as I'm aware. Tongue
But that's the very reason I made this thread. There are some pretty fantastic creepypastas (horror stories of internet origin/fame) regarding games out there. Such as the story of "Ben", the many haunted Pokemon stories, the Number-Stations of Fallout, etc.
Anyone else think it might be fun to come up with one about Runescape?

Mood Setter:
A Runescape Creepypasta - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTf-Tg3QkSdLYMU0MxVVD-LJA6ij1KNmHZB7rPEPyi03dLM8_aW

(PS: Don't stare at that pic too long, by the way. I've heard... uh, some things.)
Blaze FF8
Blaze FF8
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Number of posts : 496

Back to top Go down

A Runescape Creepypasta - Page 2 Empty Re: A Runescape Creepypasta

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:44 am

So... Easter Eggs? Tongue

The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:46 am

The last message of the elusive ian gower before paul and andrew killed him?
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:59 am

A hiden message posted by a staff member who is a rapist, sorry I dont know what happened to me there
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1367

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:06 am

No. No rapists. Stop now.
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:13 am

How about that all the deceased mods where killed by paul and andrew, and they start to go mad and at the end they kill each other because they thing that the other one is going to tell the truth about their horrible crimes Twisted Evil , and to think that I was such a nice and good kid, so pure, oh well to hell the past is the past Very Happy
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze FF8 Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:21 am

Yes, 3mpty, except that instead of a mere hidden joke, we've got a hidden scare, or perhaps a full-fledged extra part of the game that had been remarkably well concealed. Tongue

"Ian Gower", you say?

As insane as that might be, Dusk, we're looking to create something at least partially believable. Subtle horror's what we're after, i think. Not something as overly dramatic or extreme as that.
Blaze FF8
Blaze FF8
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:22 am

I don't think these creepy easter eggs are suppose to be horror(?) stories. More something out of place that's creepy. Ummm... one of the punching bags in the Fist of Guthix has a smiley face on it. And urr... the song Norse Code is a flute playing "RuneScape" in morse code. Only creepy. Tongue

Ooh, in Black Ops you can break out of your chair during the start screen. There's a computer with games on it. Smile
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze FF8 Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:32 am

That's not what I've got in mind, 3mpty. Take a look at creepypasta.wikia.com and look in the video games catagory. have a quick read at ones such as Fallout Number-Stations, Ben, and some of the Pokemon ones (like Lost Silver and Pokemon Black). That's the kind of "mysterious secret" I mean.
The Lost Episode section is a good place to look too.

There's some genuinely good stories kicking about there.
Blaze FF8
Blaze FF8
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:33 am

Bah I can only do insane things, if you want I can make you a story of a cannibal psycophat rapist Twisted Evil
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:40 am

Dusk, enough.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze FF8 Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:45 am

Not for this kind of story, Dusk. Nothing that dark. Take a look at that site I told 3mpty about, you'll see what I mean.
Blaze FF8
Blaze FF8
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:50 am

Ok Crying or Very sad
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:04 am

I'm currently playing Lost Silver. Tongue

It's not really something put in the game though... the story even says it's likely a hacked card. Confuse

Would Gary's Ratata be creepy pasta?
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze FF8 Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:07 am

You're right, it's a hack, but you see what I mean. Something in the game which simply shouldnt be there, and is unusually chilling in its way.

Can't say I've heard of Gary's Ratata. Confuse
Blaze FF8
Blaze FF8
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:31 am

One example

Spoiler:
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:57 am

What exactly would such a creature want? Crumble undead would work very well on it. If not, I suggest removing the head.

There are worse things in this world than such beings, like George Osbourne in drag for example.

PSYCHIC BLOCK! You are protected from any mental attack.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 2641

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:54 am

Right, so, I've just crept around my house for the last hour, checking to see if there are any eyeless, bloody whatevers hiding in the corners of the rooms. Tongue So far, those seem to be staples of the video game creepypastas.

- Some sort of glitch or unexplainable tampering
- Characters without eyes
- Lack of music
- Unexplained gain/loss of items
- Map differences
- Occasionally a rapid departure from what's possible within the game
- Death
- Ends with either corrupted file, erased file, etc
- Inability to log out/shut off game

That's all I've got so far.
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Number of posts : 606

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:20 pm

I think it's going to be hard to make creepypasta for a specific game. Tongue

The ratata story is someone just a rendition of events that happen in the game, rather than a ghost story or anything glitchy. It explains why Gary's in Lavandar Town, why he says we don't understand death, and why he says he doesn't blame us. It basically shows how much of an asshole we are, and shows how our protagonist adventure was really antagonistic the whole time. I onno
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:55 pm

How is it hard?

------------------------------------------------------

Runescape. That brings back memories. I was a freshman in college. It wasn't my first time away from home, but nothing can really prepare you for the separation. I'd been an addict to the game all through High School. I'd never been sure how I scraped together the grades to get into the college I did, but that's another story.

It was winter break, end of the first term, when I went back home. I'd been watching the Runescape updates pass me by, though the internet was restricted there, I knew I could get the quest cape by the time vacation was over.

I grinded, I killed, and I adventured, all in search of that wonderous cyan cape. And only four days after I got home, I clicked my way to Draynor village and claimed the cape. I had decided to quit after this, but screwing around for the week I had left wouldn't harm anyone.

As I made a few clicks to leave the old man's house, a player came up to me. He had a vaguely familiar name. Something like "The Old Nite." Researching that name now, I should've been screaming to high heavens seeing him back then. He was wearing some ghostly robes and asked me if I wanted to join the Blue Star Clan. When I said yes, he told me to go to Draynor Manor, where I'd meet some of the clan recruiters.

It took me a few minutes, when I was already through the gates of the old manor, to realize he'd had an examine option.

A storm had started outside, and I was called for dinner. By that time I had gotten to the gates, and could see a few people in quest capes within. I blurted out the customary greeting and apology and goodbye. "hey guys I gtg bbs srry."

We ate dinner. I think it was chili. I can't remember. The storm had picked up and suddenly a frenzied yapping from out in the yard filled the air. My dad looked up. "Oh Cabbage!" he breathed, "the dog is still out in that Cabbage hurricane." Then another huge peal of thunder split the air in complete sync with a blinding flash of light. As my Dad walked out I could hear the horror touch his voice as he screamed for the dog. Then I saw him walked in with the charred corpse.

You know how addicts can be. It was only a few days later when the desire overcame me again and I logged in. Only a few days after my dog died. So much for quitting. I logged in. They were still waiting there.

They were welcoming enough. They had a pretty demanding schedule, and they honestly were some of the nicer people I've ever met. A wide range of interests, across Runescapes many activities. I had a fun few days. But then vacation was over, and I had resolved to quit.

I was a few weeks after that when I heard a knock on my dorm room door. I trudged over to it, exhausted from over work and open it to find a short, nerdy guy with big round glasses looking right at me. "I hear you played RuneScape."

"Well yeah. but how..?"

"Blue Star. They say they miss you. Lots of fun updates coming."

"Okay, thanks but I have work to do."

"I see you have your priorities."

It was the next day when I arranged to have coffee with this really nice girl. To make a long story short, it never happened, because a huge storm engulfed the area. I was in my dorm, lamenting my miserable luck, when my roommate came in with a look of pure horror on his face. He told me that the same girl had been struck and killed by lightning.

You know how addicts are. In times of weakness they fall. I went back to Runescape, I'd found a few good internet cafes with baristas amiable to bribes. I started to rejoin Blue Star. I joined them in more hunts, more minigames. Until one day, in the middle of a drop party, one of the guys just started yelling. "I'm done! This is a ******* monstrosity. Look at yourselves, just try and free yourselves!" He was disconnected right after he said that.

A few days later i found out that the same short, nerdy guy who'd talked to me before had committed suicide within the same hour I'd seen the guy go off.

So what is this monstrosity. That's the natural question the human mind asks. One draws all the connections, lightning killing friends of the guy who won't stay in Runescape, and a man who seems linked to a clan dieing when someone in their clan logs out in a rage.

I didn't know. So I started researching them. I found out about "The Old Nite" pretty fast. That caught my attention. So I went back on line. I went to Draynor and found him still wandering around the square. I clicked "examine" and this is what it said.

Hello John. You've been too Cabbage nice to my brothers' game.

My name is John. I was a bit scared, and needless to say I logged out soon after. I kept on researching. Found out that Ian Gower hasn't been seen in public for a while.

You know how addicts are. Withdrawal is tough. Especially when the symptoms are purely mental. So my grades went to Cabbage. And it was spring before the urges really caught me. They hurled me against a wall and beat me shitless. So I went back. Found out I had a new message in my message center.

I checked it

"You're one brave son of a bitch. Payed too much, played too much. Get out of this Cabbage game before they get your soul."

But I kept playing. I got all my 99's. Apparently I'm now some sort of celebrity. But what do you think happened to The Old Nite? Well lets just say you should read the wikipedia article on the 1944 film Gaslight. It all began to happen slowly. I'd be one xp off on a purchase i'd calculated to a tee, and I'd hate myself for it, and them the new one wouldn't complete. I'd lose furniture in my POH. I'd get hit just a bit too consistently by monsters. My wealth dwindled from accumulated unlucky hits.

Lets just say the Gowers like torturing addicts. Maybe Ian gower didn't agree once he saw what happened to The Old Nite. Maybe I should just move on, but you know know how addicts are. This goodbye has to be final, or they'll just keep on torturing me. They're sucking you in already if you're the type of person who's reading this. Be warned. Goodbye.

Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:06 pm

Very nice. Tongue Very creepy. Not my personal sort of Runescape horror story, but definitely spooky.

I'll try my hand at this tomorrow, but I think mine will be less supernatural/real and more about the game itself.
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:10 pm

Blagh, I dislike how words are censored in the Stories forum. I understand it elsewhere in the forums, but here, I think that censoring words takes away from the meaning of the work as a whole. Neutral
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:01 am

Sorry, I can't control it that specifically.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:26 am

Night shades

A creature that feeds off despair and darkness. Born from the deathly nightmares, when people die in their sleep. Their last breath is born as a night shade, and so lives to feed off life energy, to sustain its undead countenance.

Withered and decaying, its face is but a crevice gouged into the skin, from which it breathes in living beings. The only way to rid the world of one is to starve it. Without darkness it cannot feed, given time it will starve itself completely.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:28 am

Since we work in a suggestion website that just sounds like another dark concept piece...lol
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:30 am

Beneath the island of what used to be known as Arctos, thousands, maybe millions of these creatures lay frozen beneath the surface of an underground lake. No weapon can break the ice, and no normal warmth can thaw it. Whatever sealed them down there made certain that nothing could let them free.

Until the earth stirred...
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruy112 Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:46 pm

MorbiusMonster wrote:Night shades

A creature that feeds off despair and darkness. Born from the deathly nightmares, when people die in their sleep. Their last breath is born as a night shade, and so lives to feed off life energy, to sustain its undead countenance.

Withered and decaying, its face is but a crevice gouged into the skin, from which it breathes in living beings. The only way to rid the world of one is to starve it. Without darkness it cannot feed, given time it will starve itself completely.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solanaceae
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1623

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next