The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's write Biblical Creation Stories!

5 posters

Go down

Let's write Biblical Creation Stories! Empty Let's write Biblical Creation Stories!

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:53 am

So I managed to stay up for ages thinking about, among other things, the creation story in the Bible. Only, I wasn't thinking about it from the perspective of God as the protagonist... in fact, I came to the conclusion that Lucifer is actually the protagonist. So *clears throat* here it is...

Lucifer created the stars and the planets, the vast wonders of the universe including our own Sun (from which his name derives, the Light Bringer) and the planet Earth. He created nature and scores of life, a vast variance of beautiful creatures capable of adapting.

To make a mockery of him, God create Man: a creature with free will and thus capable of existing beyond the laws of nature.

Not to be outdone, Lucifer made Man his new project. He created imagination and pleasures, gave them things to do and stories to tell of heroes and gods. He taught them tools so that they may shape the world also.

To make a mockery of him, God sent his only son, Jesus, to Earth, inspiring the foundation of the Christian Church who would ban all of Lucifer's activities, and damn his stories as tricks to make you doubt the word of God. He convinced Man that space is the Devil's trying to make you doubt that you are alone, that evolution and fossils are the Devil trying to make you doubt that your are important, and that pleasures and imagination are just temptresses.

Outraged, Lucifer gave Man one final gift. He came to Adam and Eve, and taught them curiosity. This single gift would spur science and technology, cause the discovery of all that Lucifer had given Man and have them doubt God.

The original draft had God creating the Earth, to outshine the wonders of the universe. But since Lucifer created life, there's nothing special about a blue orb. Which is a shame, I guess, because something needs to be said three times for it to become a pattern... and "To make a mockery of him" was in it three times. Tongue

I then proceeded to ask myself why Lucifer wasn't the protagonist already, even without writing a new story.

He created the universe so that Man would be tempted to believe there are others.
He created ancient life and left it to be found so that Man would believe we are not special.
He created scores of fictions, such as Dionysus, Horus, Mithras, Osiris and Krishna in order to make Man doubt the Bible.
He created temptation, a lot of which are pleasurable (such as sex, indulgence, not beating your wife, etc.).

It seems to me that Lucifer has done a lot more than God has.

So, anyway, creation stories! Grin

Last edited by 3mptylord on Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:43 am; edited 1 time in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Let's write Biblical Creation Stories! Empty Re: Let's write Biblical Creation Stories!

Post by MorbiusMonster Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:15 am

We're rewriting the Bible? That's just plain sad.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 2641

Back to top Go down

Let's write Biblical Creation Stories! Empty Re: Let's write Biblical Creation Stories!

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:42 am

Please tell me where exactly you got that impression?
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:57 am

You're just trying to bend the truth of something that everyone has been trying to do. It's somewhat kind of sad to try and do that with the Bible.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 2641

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:53 am

This really has little to do with the Bible... nor about twisting the Bible. That was merely the inspiration for my story... given that I created this thread to write creation stories.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruy112 Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:12 pm

*dons thinking hat*
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1623

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:29 pm

this is awesome. will cause shock once published. Tongue
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1668

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:05 am

emptytism
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Number of posts : 743

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:30 am

Haha, I don't wish to advertise my story as an actual religious belief... it's merely a parody. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down