The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mythics: The Quest

Go down

Mythics: The Quest Empty Mythics: The Quest

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:26 am

Mythics' Quest
[Journal entry.]
[Article content.]

Last edited by 3mptylord on Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:12 pm; edited 4 times in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Mythics: The Quest Empty Re: Mythics: The Quest

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:28 am

Pre-release content.

News Article
In other news...

Lo! the fields lay bare and dying, squandered 'neath the lust of farmers too big for their means. Rivers runs dry, dammed by the greed of millers and peasants alike, both seeking the life-blood of the earth for their own profit. The skies darken, thunder rolls, a distant shriek pierces the sky, lighting naught but the broiling clouds around it. A soft mist descends from the sky, seeming to appear at once, barely falling. The starved fields reach their tongues up, up to the atoms of moisture, begging to slake their thirst. Shallow banks grasp hungrily at the dew that forms on reeds and cattails. The pallid air thickens, grows heavier with drops. The true storm arrives.

Hark, the scene is rent! A gate, black and ominous, sits quietly by a turn in the river. Hidden behind a grove of dying willows, the gate pushes its presence on the world, making believe that it has been there for all time, since before the river was but a burble. The gate blackens, taking form. Shrieks rip through the sky with each new detail: a pointed arch, a clawed foot, a heavy iron knocker. The shrieks subside, the gate is here, has always been here. The rain pounds the ground around it into mud. It, too, is succumbing to the elements, rapidly becoming one with its surroundings. The black fades to gray, the unearthly material becoming nothing but crumbling stone. The gate falls into ruin, leaving behind nothing but a twisted memory of the millennia it had stood before. The gate has always been there.

The rain lets up; the clouds roll on. A ray of pale sunlight illuminates the grove of the dead willows.

Inscribed on the ruins: "Forever"
Journal of M. Rauder
Day 492: The trek from the islands took WEEKS longer than I thought it might have! That Guild of Legends or whatever they called themselves is't worth all that. Days and days of trekking through uncharted backwoods in order to find "Gielinor's best cocoa bean" isn't exactly legendary in my books. The trek back up to Musa Point was more interesting as was my talk with that man with the bananas. I learned far too much about bananas. Anyway, I haven't written for a while due to my tendency to become incredibly seasick while reading and writing on a boat. The weeks I've missed were uneventful to say the least.

Found a strange ruin today. It almost looked like someone had deliberately built it underneath those trees and bushes. I cleared most of the brush away, but it was mostly pointless. The ruins weren't of a building or anything that might hold loot. It looked like it might have been an archway at some point, but it was so crumbled and decrepit that it could have been anything. Only thing I could make out were these three circles near the bottom of the arch. Hell if I know why, but one of them seemed to be glowing like the rock in that one little section had heated up. I couldn't do anything with it, but that was the most interesting thing that I've seen in the last twenty-seven days.
Hadrion and Co.'s Guide for Artisans of Everything
...while the *truly* exceptional might try their hand at a cathedral or else a mining operation. Projects such as these require ample use of nearly skill known to man, from Smithing support beams to Farming food for the workers.

Potential Places for RENOVATION:

- Lumbridge Church
- Ice Mountain
- Al-Kharid Walls
- Ardougne
- Willy's Bluff

This last area is unknown to most travelers and for good reason. Willy's Bluff is a small grove located in a place known only to the writers of this manual. It is an area absolutely brimming with opportunities for the truly skilled and gifted. Ample fishing spots abound and the land, though not fertile, is perfect for those who wish to rejuvenate the soil! A small ruined archway forces the assumption that Willy's Bluff was once the site of a small church, situated close to all the resources it could possibly want.
Transcript of an Interview with Fillip Abrest
It became tiring, you know, after I had saved the world for the umpteenth time. Congratulations and 'rare' weapons are only worth so much until they become old hat. The arch you're asking about was sort of the turning point in my career. I figured that there *had* to be something important about it at the time, you know. Crumbly little arch sitting under a small bunch of trees next to a tiny little river...it almost screamed of ghosts and treasure! But I was quite disappointed when nothing happened. I thought there might have been some sort of mystery to it when I saw these little circles at the base of the arch, but only two of them were doing anything out of the ordinary. I thought maybe a chemical reaction had taken place and the circles were just the results. Chemistry? Oh, that's something I learned about in Rimmington from an old friend of mine. Helped him out of a spot of bother once, I did! If I recall, it was something to do with...
Oracle: When's a gate not a gate?
Oracle: When it's old and ruined!
Callum: I don't think that's the punchline...

Gypsy Aris: Greetings young one.
Gypsy Aris: You're a hero now. That was a good bit of demon-slaying
Callum: Can you read my future?
Gypsy Aris: But of course!
Gypsy Aris: Hold on... I see a gate...
Callum: A gate?
Gypsy Aris: Yes, it's ancient. I think I'm getting something else...
Callum: ...
Gypsy Aris: By Guthix!
Callum: What is it?!
Gypsy Aris: I... your future... I cannot see that which is past.
Callum: What?
Gypsy Aris: Yes, your future touches the past.
Callum: What does that even mean?
Gypsy Aris: I really don't know...

The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down