The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dealings in Darkmeyer

3 posters

Go down

Dealings in Darkmeyer Empty Dealings in Darkmeyer

Post by MorbiusMonster Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:20 pm

The Myreque struggle takes an unprecedented turn for the better with the Blisterwood weapons reaching the Saradominists and with an unlikely ally on the inside, Vanescula Drakan. But something here smells more than a ghoul's breath after dinner time; there are bigger dealings at work, that me and Slayer had been debating.

Vanescula is assisting the Myreque, why? Wanting the throne may be a simple answer, but there is still something more to it. Zamorak gave the Hallowlands to the vampyres as a gift, and so it would often be in the best interests of the vampyres to obey the will of Drakan, who secured them this present of fealty. So why would a vampyre, a being supposedly pledging servitude to Zamorak, ally herself with Saradominists, and expose her kind's weaknesses, to overthrow a Zamorakian, her brother? Unless, she isn't who she appears to be and has a similar interest to exterminate the Zamorakian overlord as the Saradominists do, perhaps for a reason other than just power, perhaps, vengeance?

Now, you're probably thinking, "If she is Zarosian, why would she still be alive and why does she only strike now?". Think about it; one Zarosian against a group of Zamorakians wouldn't work; she could have tried centuries ago, but nothing occured. Then along came an estranged adventurer from Mithalin, with an interest beyond just exploring. This adventurer has allowed trapped spirits to pass on to the afterlife (Ghosts Ahoy), helps cleanse the village of Mort'ton (Shades of Mort'ton), allies themselves with werewolves (Ring of Charos), exorcises the spirit in the pit of the abandoned mine (Haunted Mine) and has managed to give the Myreque a fighting chance. With even vampyres becoming unlikely allies, the player has made themselves a reputation.

Drakan could only pitch forth the vampyres and the werewolves out of fear. Vanescula could be working with you to use you alliances with all of Morytania as a weapon against Drakan, so she could take the throne. Maybe or perhaps she might have another use for you.

Inevitably, it will come down to the battle against Drakan, with you, the Myreque and Vanescula at your side, but it still might not be enough if the reputation of a weakling vampyre like Vanstrom is anything to go by. She might need some greater help, and if my suspicions of Zarosian interests are plausible, she'd only have to go to one place to get them...

Spoiler:

A good deal, the strength of those originally sent to do the duty of claiming Morytania to aid in a battle against supposed immortals, in exchange for someone with the power to unite all of Morytania, a feat unachieved for millenia; the player.

Not convinced? I'll drop something useful. An allegiance with Saradominists seems unusual if you're a vampyre. You're clearly not Saradominist yourself, and highly unlikely to be Guthixian. Perhaps you're unified to another force, one that has vengeance unlike any other and wants to claim back the land once owned by it and the species originally at its command.

And perhaps this odd, little piece of information. When given Drakan's medallion, it takes you to all the vital locations in the quest series; Burgh de Rott, Meiyerditch, Darkmeyer and... what's this? The Barrows? They're not involved in the quest, why would Drakan want to go there? Unless the medallion isn't his, but Vanescula's (seeing as they have they same surname). And why would she go to the Barrows so often and discretely, that'd she want to have a teleport for it? Maybe she's been going there a lot recently to do some dealings; I doubt she's after some pieces of armour or prizes.

This got me thinking.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 2641

Back to top Go down

Dealings in Darkmeyer Empty Re: Dealings in Darkmeyer

Post by Duskcurse Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:35 pm

Hmm well, I agree with most of this, but remember, vampyres aren' Zamorakian, they forgot about him and now worship Drakan as a god. If they followed Zamorak, it was for convenience, but, there are most likely some who were truly loyal to Zamorak
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1367

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:02 am

For the record, when Morbius says that me and him were debating this, I wasn't a fan of the theory.

It's my opinion that if Sliske or any Mahjarrat was involved, it would've been at least vaguely alluded to already.
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1248

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down