The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RuneScape Gets Massive (continued)

+8
trixtor
Ruy112
Jeeves
Sir Kandarin
Dark Avorian
MorbiusMonster
Dragon78114
The Empty Lord
12 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

RuneScape Gets Massive (continued) - Page 5 Empty RuneScape Gets Massive (continued)

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:26 am

First topic message reminder :

I thought I'd revive the expansion of RuneScape project.

<~>

Alternate World Map;
Spoiler:
<~>

I'm going to use DeviantArt to submit the artwork. Mainly because it allows for a higher resolution, and secondly because it takes me less time to upload... on here I have to upload, then delete the old one (each requiring lots of clicks and checks). Tongue

For the current version (just uploaded); CLICK HERE!

<~>

There are currently two "finished" pieces of artwork;
Misthalin
World

There was some discussion on the old thread about the point of this, and there's a few new faces now, but this doesn't need a point. It can either be a suggestion, or just a fun little project we're doing to amuse ourselves. I have and can continue to send them into Jagex, should anyone think we've made sufficient progress to warrant it.

I'm currently drawing Asgarnia... or, at the moment I'm just leading Misthalin into Asgarnia. There are three routes - through Dredmaw and into the Farradorn Woods, through the grounds at Draynor Manor and into Farradorn Woods, or along along a little trail in the the cliff face from Draynor into a yet undecided location - possibly the end of Farradorn Woods, of they could have already ended. I'll upload a snippet in a bit. Smile

Please note that I've remove the building-blobs on my current version... I have them saved on another and it's a simple copy-and-paste, but for the time being I don't want them. The locations are still labelled. Whether the ground has varying colours will depend on whether I remember to unhide them or not... it may just be a solid-green. Wink

Last edited by 3mptylord on Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:05 am; edited 6 times in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

RuneScape Gets Massive (continued) - Page 5 Empty Re: RuneScape Gets Massive (continued)

Post by Dark Avorian Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:14 am

also...HOLY Cabbage THOSE ARE SOME WAVES!!! IF that's even the size of pluto those things could dwarf mountains...

Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550

Back to top Go down

RuneScape Gets Massive (continued) - Page 5 Empty Re: RuneScape Gets Massive (continued)

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:18 am

It could be a very low quality space camera. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:21 am

I did some other ones, a fiery planet and a desert one. They're on my DeviantArt.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 2641

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:53 am

Cloud fishing, eh Ruy? And mist-tides. Grin

Morb, you're not mapping Arzonus are you? Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:22 am

Can't map it. I don't know how.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruy112 Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:45 am

Paint Tongue

Hand drawing, just draw a general shape with important marks marked...
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1623

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:37 am

It may take a while, there is an awful lot to list. Most locations are unknown whilst others are harder to position.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am

Which is code for: I never actually planned a map, I just made up locations. With occasionally with directions from other locations, of course.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:35 am

RuneScape Gets Massive (continued) - Page 5 1284228493136

Awesome! Grin
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:46 am

eh. that site is okay. Tongue
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1668

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:54 am

Since the Barrenlands obviously can't be populated by humans, I've been drawing a species. I've playing with the name "Dwallow" at the moment, very human-like in appearance with some differences. I've created a piece called "Cloud Fishing" which I'll be uploading soon. Smile

Basically, fish and other small marine animals get washed off the cliffs all the time. This created an ideal ecological niche for a predator to step in, and a species of bird did! They slowly evolved to be slightly better suited for diving (if going through a waterfall counts as diving) - where they'd catch the small fish for their din-dins! Meow

Obviously, the dwallow caught-on. Being much tastier than the local poultry, and the fish that the birds were eating, rather than setting up nets to catch the falling fish (which, they do as well) - the dwallow also "fish" for the birds! Casting baited lines over the falls and hoping a bird swoops through and gets the hook caught in its bill! YUM! Grin
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:56 am

Dragon78114 wrote:eh. that site is okay. Tongue

I get you now. Chrome has a habit of storing images along with page content in the temporary files and stuff. So when you said "that site is okay", it was still showing the image I pasted there - when obviously for you it looked different. Now, I can see it for what it really is! DUN DUN! A link. *sigh* I hope I saved it. Tongue

I actually didn't know what you meant be "site"... I wasn't sure if you meant like "sight" as in view, or like... a building site/site of natural beauty. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:58 am

The Monks of Teal.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:09 am

RuneScape Gets Massive (continued) - Page 5 12842210

That was the image that I meant to upload. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:20 am

Ooh...is this what the edge of the baronlands would look like?
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:29 am

It could. It's what I thought of when I found it. Wink

Of course, the cliffs would go down rather than round off. It's still connected to the planet, not floating. Pleased

FMI, did I say "baron" again? ARGH!

Last edited by 3mptylord on Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:17 am; edited 1 time in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:58 am

The Baronlands - a desolate world forgotten by all and empty of all civilization... except for a couple of branches of Starbucks and a Gregg's the Bakers.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:11 am

Yesterday was the first time I ever went to Starbucks. I didn't even get anything, my mum and sister wanted something. And... I wasn't even aware Gregg's was an actual bakers. I thought it was just a brand of something you buy in the supermarket - either way, I've never sampled their produce. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm

You're big-company coffee virginity has been lost! You have been deflowered and debeaned!
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:39 pm

I tried some of the slushie thing mum got... it was niiiice! Grin
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:32 am

What happened to the Arzonus thread?
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:47 am

You asked me to remove it.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by blank Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:58 am

Cookies ate it. They can do that you know. They're dangerous. And delicious. Mostly delicious.
blank
blank
Proselyte

Number of posts : 461

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:08 pm

Crap. I didn't know you could do that, seeing as a lot of other, now useless, threads are still kicking about.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:19 pm

The basket at the bottom of the forum is usually hidden, but I enabled an auto-pruning feature a while back that put a lot of threads in there. This didn't go down to well with any of us, so I opened up the basket and moved a lot of threads back. They are still open.

I say this because there is another basket within the basket that is hidden. Your thread is in there. It's not permanently deleted.

I could have completely deleted it, but I prefer moving threads to the basket than deleting threads.

The Basket is now hidden, the contents has been moved to Scraps.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:40 pm

Two important tips about looking for life on strange worlds.

1. If there's a Starbucks or Greggs, then there's advanced life.
2. If they sell tea, then they are intelligent.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next