The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RuneScape Gets Massive (continued)

+8
trixtor
Ruy112
Jeeves
Sir Kandarin
Dark Avorian
MorbiusMonster
Dragon78114
The Empty Lord
12 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

RuneScape Gets Massive (continued) - Page 3 Empty RuneScape Gets Massive (continued)

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:26 am

First topic message reminder :

I thought I'd revive the expansion of RuneScape project.

<~>

Alternate World Map;
Spoiler:
<~>

I'm going to use DeviantArt to submit the artwork. Mainly because it allows for a higher resolution, and secondly because it takes me less time to upload... on here I have to upload, then delete the old one (each requiring lots of clicks and checks). Tongue

For the current version (just uploaded); CLICK HERE!

<~>

There are currently two "finished" pieces of artwork;
Misthalin
World

There was some discussion on the old thread about the point of this, and there's a few new faces now, but this doesn't need a point. It can either be a suggestion, or just a fun little project we're doing to amuse ourselves. I have and can continue to send them into Jagex, should anyone think we've made sufficient progress to warrant it.

I'm currently drawing Asgarnia... or, at the moment I'm just leading Misthalin into Asgarnia. There are three routes - through Dredmaw and into the Farradorn Woods, through the grounds at Draynor Manor and into Farradorn Woods, or along along a little trail in the the cliff face from Draynor into a yet undecided location - possibly the end of Farradorn Woods, of they could have already ended. I'll upload a snippet in a bit. Smile

Please note that I've remove the building-blobs on my current version... I have them saved on another and it's a simple copy-and-paste, but for the time being I don't want them. The locations are still labelled. Whether the ground has varying colours will depend on whether I remember to unhide them or not... it may just be a solid-green. Wink

Last edited by 3mptylord on Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:05 am; edited 6 times in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

RuneScape Gets Massive (continued) - Page 3 Empty Re: RuneScape Gets Massive (continued)

Post by Dragon78114 Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:29 pm

since the members section Asgarnia is blocked off for Taverly, Burthroupe, and the Heroes' Guild? Perhaps the Mountain pass may separate the free/member Asgarnia, and nestle the Heroes' guild somewhere in the pass- so it is quite the challenge to find it (only fit for a hero to find it).

Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1668

Back to top Go down

RuneScape Gets Massive (continued) - Page 3 Empty Re: RuneScape Gets Massive (continued)

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:23 pm

The problem there being that the mountain pass contains the Black Knights Fortress, and that you can easily walk the long way round and get to Burthorpe without the mountain pass. I suppose I can move the guild, but it's not like the quest is f2p even if they can see it.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Kandarin Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:24 am

The great work continues!

The Odder-place sounds interesting. Is there anything interesting?
Sir Kandarin
Sir Kandarin
Proselyte

Number of posts : 192

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:03 am

The oddish folk of Oddersund are indeed and interesting bunch. Although, aside from appearance and culture I haven't conceived much. The Odder are just map decoration for the time being. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:55 am

RuneScape Gets Massive (continued) - Page 3 Don__t_hate_me____by_3mptylord-d2ak75y

I'm currently updating this to include Arzonus and the Barrenlands. Smile
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:08 am

Do you need a hand with that? The whole is never greater than the sum of its parts and those parts are enormous, if anything.

If I was a little more skilled with map making, everything could be listed, the colonies (the lands players venture to), the technologies (locations like the Sky Sapphire and the Ruins of the Water Flower) and hostilities (the near elusive Teleform fortress and the Wrao's new founded nest of Wriia).

We could put the Sky Sapphire, right under the compass, as both have six sides, or we could not confront your ideas at all and leave all as it is. Maybe Arzonus deserves to be hidden, as they so long desired and enforced in the war. What do you think?
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 2641

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:20 am

The map's for our benefit, not necessarily taking magical protection into account. I'd rather put it on the map, and yes... Help please! I'm doing barrenlands atm. Smile

Jeeves, does The Pirate King need land?
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:06 am

Pirate King takes place in the South Sea, which is an area south of Karamja...basically it's just a whole bunch of little islands (20, more or less) kind of grouped together with a few larger ones thrown in (Magheram, Mooncog Isle, Nautarum, etc). If you want to throw something in like that, that would be cool. Grin
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Number of posts : 606

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:12 am

Which side of the South sea? The sea of the South west nearest to Arzonus is known as the summoning sea, and Mentor Pisces, unofficially, rules that region (seeing as her ship is the finest of the Arzonus fleet).
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:16 am

I never really specified which side...Could be the east, then, if that works with Arzonus' stuff. Or it could be far enough south that it wouldn't interfere. It's not really dependent on the surrounding landmasses, so it could just as easily be anywhere else.
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruy112 Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:29 am

Didn't the pirates settle in the Southern Seas first? Tongue
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1623

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:59 am

Jeeves wrote:Pirate King takes place in the South Sea, which is an area south of Karamja...basically it's just a whole bunch of little islands (20, more or less) kind of grouped together with a few larger ones thrown in (Magheram, Mooncog Isle, Nautarum, etc). If you want to throw something in like that, that would be cool. Grin

I'm currently reprising the map to include the Barrenlands, and there's now a HUGE cluster of islands of the Eotres coast of Karimja (that's South-East, basically Wink). It's got Ape Atoll in there, but that can be moved. They basically clog the main route between Misthalin, Kandarin, etc, and the new islands... which might be good for Pirate Territory.

MorbiusMonster wrote:Which side of the South sea? The sea of the South west nearest to Arzonus is known as the summoning sea, and Mentor Pisces, unofficially, rules that region (seeing as her ship is the finest of the Arzonus fleet).

That's why you need to doodle Arzonus on the map. Tongue

Fortunately, it does give me a half-way decent name for what's currently the West Sea. Wink

Spoiler:

There, that's HALF of the map. I won't be doing the whole of the Barrenlands, but I will be updating that image to include the coastline on each side.

Morbius, the Summoning Sea should provide room for some islands. Wink

Jeeves, tell me if anythings wrong or if you need more. Tongue

Last edited by 3mptylord on Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:45 am; edited 2 times in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:45 am

RuneScape Gets Massive (continued) - Page 3 Gielinor_v2_0_by_3mptylord-d2xv06x

Avec the Barrenlands. Smile

In the bottom-left I've doodled a little image of the planet as a whole - HALF of it is covered in a shell-like, raised section.

The Barrenlands;
The large, darker continents that border both the left and right hand sides of the map are the Barrenlands. This is the coast of the raised section of the planet I mentioned above - rather than drawing the whole thing.

The Barrenlands is a world almost devoid of magic magic - due to the think layer of rock between the surface and the matrix. And as such developed much more scientifically than the Lower World.

Whilst cracked in many places, the Barrenlands are as barren as it's name may suggest - that's just the name us humble Lower Worlders gave it. It is hydrated with many rivers and lakes that support a bounty of life and vegetation!
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:00 am

I can't see the names of the islands on my laptop, but it looks good! Smile I'll take a quick look through my quests again and see if there's any big-name islands we could put on.
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:12 am

If you click on it it'll take you to the DeviantArt page, click Download Image on there it'll open the full res. Wink
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:14 pm

It's going to need to be even bigger...
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:09 pm

I think also, the map should be hexagonal as opposed to quadrilateral, seeing as you have a six sided compass and a four point compass is contempary with four sided maps.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:06 pm

What needs to be bigger? Confuse

I don't think the map needs to be hexagonal - it still needs to fit on a sphere after all.

Last edited by 3mptylord on Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:49 pm

That's what I was saying, a hexagon would have a far more interesting shape, still fit on a sphere and would make more sense with the six sided compass.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:56 pm

It wouldn't fit on a sphere though; not without a lot of redundant space. Confuse

I'm currently drawing a mesh version - it's close to a three sided shape if anything. Tongue

RuneScape Gets Massive (continued) - Page 3 Mesh10

I mean, I could give it a go on a hexagon though. And aye, in a roleplaying sense hexagonal maps would be interesting - but for the purposes of this exercise, uploading a hexagonal image is kinda hard. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:12 am

How's Arzonus coming along?
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by trixtor Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:54 am

3mpty, I think you posted in the wrong thread by mistake. Tongue
trixtor
trixtor
Advocate

Number of posts : 538

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:57 am

Nope, I meant who's Arzonus' map coming along. Tongue

Spoiler:
That was annoyingly hard. Sad

Last edited by 3mptylord on Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:34 am; edited 1 time in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:13 am

but it looks real cool! Tongue
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1668

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:20 am

Karamja, Kandrain, Feldip Hills, the Fremennik Province and Rivel look weird. Confuse

What shape would I use if I wanted to do that with 12 pieces (as in, 12 complete... since only 2/3rds are needed it'd only been 9 pieces).
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:32 am

RuneScape Gets Massive (continued) - Page 3 Gielinor_v2_0_by_3mptylord-d2xv06x

There. Of course, when Morbius finally finishes Arzonus it'll be more finished. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next