The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RuneScape Gets Massive (continued)

+8
trixtor
Ruy112
Jeeves
Sir Kandarin
Dark Avorian
MorbiusMonster
Dragon78114
The Empty Lord
12 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

RuneScape Gets Massive (continued) - Page 4 Empty RuneScape Gets Massive (continued)

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:26 am

First topic message reminder :

I thought I'd revive the expansion of RuneScape project.

<~>

Alternate World Map;
Spoiler:
<~>

I'm going to use DeviantArt to submit the artwork. Mainly because it allows for a higher resolution, and secondly because it takes me less time to upload... on here I have to upload, then delete the old one (each requiring lots of clicks and checks). Tongue

For the current version (just uploaded); CLICK HERE!

<~>

There are currently two "finished" pieces of artwork;
Misthalin
World

There was some discussion on the old thread about the point of this, and there's a few new faces now, but this doesn't need a point. It can either be a suggestion, or just a fun little project we're doing to amuse ourselves. I have and can continue to send them into Jagex, should anyone think we've made sufficient progress to warrant it.

I'm currently drawing Asgarnia... or, at the moment I'm just leading Misthalin into Asgarnia. There are three routes - through Dredmaw and into the Farradorn Woods, through the grounds at Draynor Manor and into Farradorn Woods, or along along a little trail in the the cliff face from Draynor into a yet undecided location - possibly the end of Farradorn Woods, of they could have already ended. I'll upload a snippet in a bit. Smile

Please note that I've remove the building-blobs on my current version... I have them saved on another and it's a simple copy-and-paste, but for the time being I don't want them. The locations are still labelled. Whether the ground has varying colours will depend on whether I remember to unhide them or not... it may just be a solid-green. Wink

Last edited by 3mptylord on Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:05 am; edited 6 times in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

RuneScape Gets Massive (continued) - Page 4 Empty Re: RuneScape Gets Massive (continued)

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:32 am

RuneScape Gets Massive (continued) - Page 4 Gielinor_v2_0_by_3mptylord-d2xv06x

There. Of course, when Morbius finally finishes Arzonus it'll be more finished. Tongue

The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

RuneScape Gets Massive (continued) - Page 4 Empty Re: RuneScape Gets Massive (continued)

Post by MorbiusMonster Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:24 am

What program did you use to make these, and what style did you use? I rarely ever use graphic programs these days since I never find full use of them except for making fake trading cards (which are actually pretty convincing).
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 2641

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:30 am

Adobe Flash. Smile

I could use Adobe Photoshop, but I dislike it's line tool and would have to use the pencil/brush - meaning more freehand linework. Also, Flash is vector-based. If I make something bigger the lines will stay the same thickness whilst on Photoshop the lines will get thicker or thinner to stay the same thickness relative to the thing it's bordering (and get pixellated). Being vector-based means I can export it at any resolution without affecting the quality. Smile

I tend to use Photoshop for shading, but I had no need of shading.

I wish I had Photoshop Extended though... it has some 3D features. I could wrap the map around a sphere. Confuse

And what do you mean what style? Tongue

To draw Arzonus you could just do a shoddy-quality MS Paint job on top of one of my maps. I'll trace/redraw what you drew in Flash and tah-dah!
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:08 am

Dude... the known portion of Gielinor travels around in a giant "C"

was this intentional? was the magic used in one corner of the hexagonal flow of magic? Tongue
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1668

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:14 am

I did notice that. Tongue

I thought for linear gameplay it's pretty handy... start off in Lumbridge and work your way around. Places like the Khardian Desert, Morytania, the Fremennik Province and the Wilderness being places you back track for.

The Prince Ali Rescue storyline should've always been larger anyway! Wink

From Lumbridge to Varrock, into Dreadmaw and unto Falador. From Port Sarim you set sail to the Isles of Candar, then across to Catherby. In Kandarin there's three main storylines - Camelot, the Gnomes and the Elves. Across to Feldip Hills, then south to Karamja! From Karamja you enter the Pirate Sea, and across to Samurkand!
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:30 am

hm... Elvar's dungeon must be connected to at least 5 others. O.O
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:46 am

Elvarg?
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:58 am

I;m saying your placement of Crandor is doesn't comply with its location now. Crandor should be just north of Karamja. Remeber an entryway in to Elvarg, the dragon's, lair is connected by the Karamja Vocano dungeon.
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:00 pm

Elvarg's dungeon also connects with Singularity, as she has an important...

Oh wait, you don't know about that yet...
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:12 pm

Actually, her nest is atop the mausoleum where you must pry the-- wouldn't wanna spoil nothing. Tongue

That shortcuts not so important is it?
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:23 pm

It's the only way to get to crandor...so yeah it is.
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:32 pm

It's the only way on the old map Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruy112 Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:30 pm

Also, Crandor has to be relatively near to Rimmington, jpo.
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1623

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:36 am

Well that one's a-given... They are quite close! Grin
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:41 am

3mptylord wrote:It's the only way on the old map Tongue

Well yes, we can wave our magic wand at every little mistake you make and make up some excuse for it, or you could just fix the damn problem
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:59 am

I did not make a mistake and I was waving no magic wand. I made the decision to keep Crandor closer to Rimmington than in any distance of Karamja that would make a tunnel even feasible. The shortcut does allow access to a nice training area for pseudo-high levelled players, but it does not actually serve any purpose. Crandor would be accessible with or without the shortcut, unlike it's current state.

There can still be a tunnel - at any distance from Karamja with the maps ratio would make it massive. Heck, it could be an abandoned Hobbit tunnel. There could still be a dungeon. There could still be a point of travel between them that requires completion of the quest - the port town, Husterlow, is not available until after Dragon Slayer and could have a ship route to Brimhaven or Musa Point.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:19 am

However, if YOU think it's a problem... then feel free to try and find the means of putting Karamja, Crandor and Rimmington in suitable distances of each other. Bearing in mind that it's currently about the distance as a walk from Varrock to Lumbridge (between Karamja and Crandor), whereas on the new map that would mean making the Middle Sea a river - and a small one at that. Tongue

Last edited by 3mptylord on Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:02 am; edited 1 time in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:43 am

you could just move rimmington as a whole on an island. make it only accessible via ship. Tongue

So then you can place it just north of Crandor and north of Karamja! Tongue
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:02 am

So... Rimmington would be an island? Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:05 am

Rimmington, a few farms, Melzar's Maze, Mudskipper Point, and the Crafting Guild- all on a large island.
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:36 am

*ponders*
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:38 am

Anyway.

[holler]MORBIUS! HOW'S THE DOODLE OF ARZONUS GOING?![/holler] Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:49 am

RuneScape Gets Massive (continued) - Page 4 Geilinor_and_pallace_by_3mptylord-d2yagte

... woah, is it nearly 2am? I need to sleep. Shock
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:06 am

https://i.servimg.com/u/f29/15/39/20/99/waterw10.jpg

A little something I cooked up a while ago. It's on my DeviantArt as well.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:14 am

photoshop: lens flair effect, ripple effect over a shade blue area with some sort of aura tool used for the ...aura...
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:14 am

also...HOLY Cabbage THOSE ARE SOME WAVES!!! IF that's even the size of pluto those things could dwarf mountains...
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next