The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Closet Talk (Rated R a la Morbius)

+5
Dragon78114
Duskcurse
Slayer Noir
The Empty Lord
MorbiusMonster
9 posters

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Closet Talk (Rated R a la Morbius) - Page 11 Empty Closet Talk (Rated R a la Morbius)

Post by MorbiusMonster Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:17 pm

First topic message reminder :

So, let me get this straight...

Most of us here are either gay or bi?

Damn...
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 2641

Back to top Go down

Closet Talk (Rated R a la Morbius) - Page 11 Empty Re: Closet Talk (Rated R a la Morbius)

Post by blank Wed May 30, 2012 6:17 am

I just thought of something. Homosexual cookies. Because I said so, that's why!

blank
Proselyte

Number of posts : 461

Back to top Go down

Closet Talk (Rated R a la Morbius) - Page 11 Empty Re: Closet Talk (Rated R a la Morbius)

Post by Dragon78114 Wed May 30, 2012 9:26 am

lol what!?

"If being gay is about being girly, then surely all girls are gay by that logic?"

You mean the effeminate gay stereotype? That only applies to men because men aren't supposed to act effeminate. Girls who act masculine are also condemned because they are the ones supposed to act effeminate.
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1668

Back to top Go down

Post by blank Thu May 31, 2012 8:47 am

He's got a point there.
blank
blank
Proselyte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Thu May 31, 2012 8:48 am

I'm pretty sure the word effeminate is suppose to be used to describe female behavior in non-females, isn't it?
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Thu May 31, 2012 9:11 am

nope; it applies to males and females just as "masculine and feminine" apply to them; it is a generalization of behavior which people in our society are programmed to think of as "right or wrong" or a sex.
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Thu May 31, 2012 9:13 am

I thought that was the distinction between feminine behaviour and effeminate behaviour.

According to Google Dictionary: Adjective: derogatory. (of a man) Having or showing characteristics regarded as typical of a woman; unmanly.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Thu May 31, 2012 9:17 am

well it can be used as it. I've heard the word effeminate heard in both contexts but the purpose of the argument sure.
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Thu May 31, 2012 8:35 pm

M'yeah, point still stands. Morbius, you're argument stinks! >;(
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Thu May 31, 2012 11:34 pm

That's what he said.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:25 am

Well so long as we're all agreed. Wink
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:54 pm

Lunepyre has told me that he feels a little uncomfortable about me calling him a boyfriend. Due to our distance and his track record for relationships, he's asked that we simply call ourselves close friends and keep the relationship at that for the moment, which is perfectly fine. We're just friends now.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by blank Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:12 am

Awh Sad I suppose it'd be for the best to just be friends, could mess up the relationship you have otherwise.
blank
blank
Proselyte

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:45 am

I got someone else for the moment. He's a really charming guy from Pensylvania, just graduated, a couple years my junior. We've had some more "intimate" discussions together and had some great times together. Sadly, the parents he lives with are Catholic, so hate his guts.

And he plays RuneScape, so I might be able to drag him on here and he'd understand what we're talking about.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by blank Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:00 am

If a parent hates their child, they are a failure as a human being. There are, of course, legitimate exceptions, such as a killing spree.

Also, "intimate discussions" between the hook-thingies makes it seem wrong Meow

But by all means, drag him in Meow
blank
blank
Proselyte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:30 am

jeroenvt wrote:If a parent hates their child, they are a failure as a human being. There are, of course, legitimate exceptions, such as a killing spree.

I'm not sure to what extent I agree with you. While I agree being gay shouldn't be a reason, the reasons that a parent would hate their child is their own. Why is committing murder something you'd happily hate your child for when to some people commit homosexuality is equally bad? I personally don't think I could clean cut a reason I'd hate my child. It'd be entirely down to circumstance.

Last edited by 3mptylord on Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:01 am; edited 1 time in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:51 am

Do bring him! We need more people.

Also jeronvt interesting argument, but I do have to agree with 3mpty that was was a little extreme; I doo hate when parents hate their child, but ultimately it is their decision no matter how sick or twisted it is. Now what he can do is be honest and it is up to the parents to have a change of heart.
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:32 am

Do any of your parents actually genuinely hate you though? Just for the sake of an intelligent discussion, I'm going to ask whether your opinions hold out if they did. It's a lot easier to say something wrong is ok when it's not happening to you...
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1248

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:13 am

I can't imagine my parents hating me. That question actually feels really weird to answer, or, imagine. Confuse
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:20 am

How can you form a valid opinion on something if you can't even conceive it then?
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:02 pm

Hm? I get the impression you're implying contradiction, or know-better, or something, but I can't see any remark I've made which that might refer. I've stated that what substitutes for a reason to hate your children isn't as clean cut as saying "murder is something you can hate your children for, but being gay isn't"... but other than that?

As a parent I'd like to think I couldn't hate my child for anything I could define prior to having children. I've seen too many dramas to know parents often hate themselves more than their kids for crimes, like they've failed or something. *shrugs*

I can't imagine my parents hating me because they've always been so relaxed about me doing whatever I want. Not in a spoiled way, but they always trusted me to do the right thing and I never abused that trust. I honestly don't think there's anything I could do to make them hate me, which is why I'm struggling to imagine it them hating me.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by blank Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:47 pm

I've always felt my father hated me. Everything I did was wrong. I've come to realise over the past few weeks though, that this wasn't completely the case. I personally don't like my father, I don't hate him though.

And yes, the circumstances of the offspring-hating would be a factor, but in general, you're supposed to love your child. You're not worth the effort if you abandon, hate or abuse a child, if you ask me, and you never will be.
blank
blank
Proselyte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:15 pm

Circumstance aside, as a general, I agree. Hating your child is low. I can't imagine anything I could do to make my parents hate me and so I can't imagine any reason for a parent to hate their child... or, at least, no "real" reason. (that isn't suppose to sound big headed)
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:05 pm

Have any of you seen "We Need to Talk About Kevin" or read the book? It's about a mother who has a difficult relation with her son. It might possibly be relevant to the discussion.

I find it kind of sad that his mother and step-father hate my mate because he's gay. Then again, these god-botherers tend to value hatred over love, despite love and respect being key words in the Bible.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:41 pm

If you generalise "god-botherers" like that, are you any better than the people you're complaining about?
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:19 am

What Slayer said.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:46 am

We just had our first proper voice chat. He sounds so handsome and he was surprised by my voice; he was kind of expecting something different, so he said my voice sounded smooth and calm, a bit like Daniel Radcliffe.

I turned on the webcam and he said I was cute and sexy.

Closet Talk (Rated R a la Morbius) - Page 11 748957
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next