The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To Be a Pirate King

+7
Ruy112
trixtor
The Empty Lord
Dark Avorian
Prince Patar
TATORZ
Jeeves
11 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

To Be a Pirate King - Page 9 Empty To Be a Pirate King

Post by Jeeves Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:03 am

First topic message reminder :

Hey there, everyone! Found these forums and figured that I might as well post some of my stuff in here since it'll probably get better reception than in the real Runescape forums. Anyway, this'll basically just be a reposting of all the stuff in my five threads, just in one big thread. So, there might be some extra things that I didn't do in the actual thread: touching up cutscenes, chapter starts, bosses, that sort of thing...Enjoy! Very Happy

Okay, back early from the camping trip (ticks, blisters, 21 miles in one day, etc) so I should be able to keep going on the quests.

Also, someone requested a summary of everything because they couldn't be bothered to read the whole thing...fair enough, but I'm warning you that you'll be missing out on a lot of stuff.

SUMMARY:

While on a strange pirate island (also inhabited by members of the upper crust), a plot is discovered to murder the governor of the island. After defeating the leader of the plot, you discover a strange message in his base, which the governor sends you out to check on. Upon arriving at the location in the message, you discover that the would-be assassin is begging before the four Lords of the Pirate Council for their assistance. They reluctantly agree, so now your objective is to kill all four of the Lords. The first three fall before your blade but the last one opens your eyes to what is really going on. The governor of the island is not who he claims he is, but is rather an old pirate god, fallen from his aggressive and bloody glory, only to be replaced by a kinder, gentler pirate god. The four Pirate Lords each have in their possession an artifact that, when joined together, can provide (or close) a bridge to the gods' realm. Armed with this new information, you must find the other three artifacts and return them to the fourth Lord, who will go about searching for new Lords to take the artifacts. Finally, you and your allies arrive at the island housing the bridge just in time to see the governor disappearing into the bridge he created through his own magic. You and the one remaining Lord follow him up into the gods' realm and, after a heated battle, the governor falls. Hooray!

That summary takes up five quests, so it has just about no detail at all and some bits have been overly-simplified for the summary's sake. If you want the whole quest, you probably should read the whole quest.

Last edited by Jeeves on Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:15 am; edited 3 times in total
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Number of posts : 606

Back to top Go down

To Be a Pirate King - Page 9 Empty Re: To Be a Pirate King

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:26 am

Heyo!

Here's the current lore, with the few tweaks I made back when I posted it:

The wreck of the Blue Flame has long been an icon of Bilgewater's harbor. The namesake of the island itself, the derelict vessel is all that remains of the once-great Pirate King. Well, almost all. Prized from the ship rotten hull, the Captain's Lock remains unopened within the city's coffers awaiting such a day that it's key is discovered.

It was the Saltwater Scourge, self-appointed ruler of Bilgewater, who happened across such a key. But within the chest was nothing but a treasure map and another box, humble and wooden. Too busy to labor himself, Gangplank savvied a crew and set the two artefacts to sea. After many arduous months of sailing, the crew finally arrived at the map's destination.

The sole inhabitant of the island was a skeleton, leaning against a blackened rock with a ring of animal bones around him and a gun still clutched in one hand. On the rock behind was scrawled a single word: MUTINY. This, then, was the Pirate King; a decrepit skeleton abandoned by his own crew to a horrible fate. Why, then, was there a map leading to his location? And what was in the box? The answer to both lay in the bleached bones of the skeleton. Inside the ribcage sat a small, silver key, evidently having been consumed by the man at some point prior to his death. Now, it waited for eager hands to deliver it unto the box.

When the key was turned, the lid sprang open, and a beating heart was revealed, dark with age, but still pumping with life. Dark mists rose from the corners of the box and filled the sky, causing it boil with thunder and lightning. The heart itself rose from the box and floated to the skeleton, embedding itself in its former master's chest cavity. Slowly, surely, the Pirate King returned to life, the black magic he used to seal his soul away returning his decayed flesh to his form. By the end of the transformation, the man stood before the crew who had sought nothing but knowledge, terrible in his vengeance and powerful in his mysticism. He spoke only one word, then...a horrible rattle from another world: “Mutiny...”

Or so the stories go. The sailors that returned from that fateful trip were quite clearly mad and contradicted one another on nearly every point. Whatever happened, there is still one fact that cannot be disputed. From points unknown, whether some far-off island or the depths of the Hell itself, a man has come. A man who can raise the dead and set them to his will. A man who can summon the ghost of the Blue Flame itself. A man who has declared himself the once and eternal Pirate King.

— "A captain who goes down with his ship will rise with it." Mutiny

Anyway, after some feedback, it's been suggested that I add a little more synergy between his champion theme and his lore - mention his abilities in his lore, so to speak. I tried myself, but could not work it, so I thought I'd make a plea.

Do you think we could append the last paragraph to mention that he enslaved the poor souls who found him to charter him home to Bilgewater? Perhaps have some of the sailors flee on rowboats before they met their fate, and that is who shared the story of what happened? "A few sailors fled the island on rowboats, and came ashore dehydrated from their voyage and addled from what they had seen."

Also, I didn't win the voice over contest. Sad But ah well. Pleased

The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:38 pm

Aye, I'll see what I can do. Tongue No guarantees that it'll be soon (seeing as the holidays are afoot), but I'll definitely tweak it to include more ability-like things!
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Number of posts : 606

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:00 pm

HEy Jeeves, and merry christmas
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan