The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To Be a Pirate King

+7
Ruy112
trixtor
The Empty Lord
Dark Avorian
Prince Patar
TATORZ
Jeeves
11 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

To Be a Pirate King - Page 4 Empty To Be a Pirate King

Post by Jeeves Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:03 am

First topic message reminder :

Hey there, everyone! Found these forums and figured that I might as well post some of my stuff in here since it'll probably get better reception than in the real Runescape forums. Anyway, this'll basically just be a reposting of all the stuff in my five threads, just in one big thread. So, there might be some extra things that I didn't do in the actual thread: touching up cutscenes, chapter starts, bosses, that sort of thing...Enjoy! Very Happy

Okay, back early from the camping trip (ticks, blisters, 21 miles in one day, etc) so I should be able to keep going on the quests.

Also, someone requested a summary of everything because they couldn't be bothered to read the whole thing...fair enough, but I'm warning you that you'll be missing out on a lot of stuff.

SUMMARY:

While on a strange pirate island (also inhabited by members of the upper crust), a plot is discovered to murder the governor of the island. After defeating the leader of the plot, you discover a strange message in his base, which the governor sends you out to check on. Upon arriving at the location in the message, you discover that the would-be assassin is begging before the four Lords of the Pirate Council for their assistance. They reluctantly agree, so now your objective is to kill all four of the Lords. The first three fall before your blade but the last one opens your eyes to what is really going on. The governor of the island is not who he claims he is, but is rather an old pirate god, fallen from his aggressive and bloody glory, only to be replaced by a kinder, gentler pirate god. The four Pirate Lords each have in their possession an artifact that, when joined together, can provide (or close) a bridge to the gods' realm. Armed with this new information, you must find the other three artifacts and return them to the fourth Lord, who will go about searching for new Lords to take the artifacts. Finally, you and your allies arrive at the island housing the bridge just in time to see the governor disappearing into the bridge he created through his own magic. You and the one remaining Lord follow him up into the gods' realm and, after a heated battle, the governor falls. Hooray!

That summary takes up five quests, so it has just about no detail at all and some bits have been overly-simplified for the summary's sake. If you want the whole quest, you probably should read the whole quest.

Last edited by Jeeves on Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:15 am; edited 3 times in total
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Number of posts : 606

Back to top Go down

To Be a Pirate King - Page 4 Empty Re: To Be a Pirate King

Post by Dark Avorian Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:42 am

Just took a mock-AP, wasn't that bad actually

Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Thu May 13, 2010 12:38 pm

Well, with the last of my AP tests done, I'm proud to announce that I've finally written the first two paragraphs of the Pirate King novel! More to come in the near future. Grin
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by trixtor Thu May 13, 2010 12:44 pm

Post them please.
trixtor
trixtor
Advocate

Number of posts : 538

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Thu May 13, 2010 12:52 pm

Not much to post at the moment, I'm afraid. Tongue Just a few sentences. Once I get a page or two, I'll post.
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruy112 Thu May 13, 2010 6:30 pm

Yay!
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1623

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Tue May 18, 2010 12:46 pm

Well, here's the first bit. Tell me what you think.

Lumbridge, I thought with a grimace, stepping off the cobbled bridge onto the dirt path before me. Goddamn Lumbridge. I had been gone for nearly two years by this point, but as soon as I was within sight of the shrunken black towers, I remembered exactly why I had hated it so much in the first place.

It was not, as many people are quick to contradict, a pleasant place. In all of Gielinor, there cannot be a place more full of backwater adventurers and deadend traders than goddamn Lumbridge. The castle, once a place where the upper crust from the local villages could gather, is now frequented by the most pox-ridden adventurous hacks the world can offer. It has always been this way, since I first stepped across that godforsaken bridge.

Not even the squalid trade of the town can do anything to redeem it. There are a few shops scattered about the streets. Step around the beggar, avoid the chicken carcasses strewn across the path, and you might soon find yourself in the general store, where the shopkeeper and his assistant will do their utmost to scam you out of every hard-earned coin. The one potentially legitimate place in the entire town is the church (not even the palace gets this distinction; the Duke of Lumbridge is not quite as generous as he would have us think) and even this holiest of places isn’t above the stench of scandal and corruption. The priests have been known to occasionally dip into the donations.

And so here I was, back in the place I hated so much. What, you may ask, was I doing in such a place? Why, you may rightfully query, had I returned to so vile a cesspool? The answer is simple: I was a deadend adventurer like the rest of them. Things had gone as well as I could have hoped for the past two years. In Gielinor, there’s never a short supply of dragons to slay, rocks to mine, cows to slaughter for hours at a time. There really is enough to keep any adventurer occupied for the rest of his natural life.

And so there I was, making the most of my life. I was in Taverly at the time of the incident, I believe. Taverly….goddamn Taverly. Those druids wouldn’t know a dragon if it came and bit them in their well-clothed behinds. But there I was running errands for them. I knew collecting herbs for druids was a dangerous business, but I hadn’t done much with the local flora for a while so I figured it was a safe bet. On my return to the local bank in Taverly, I was informed that my bank was “full” and that I couldn’t possibly deposit or withdraw anything until the proper paperwork for a “full” bank had been filled out.

What constituted “full” (or what constituted “paperwork”, for that matter) I shall never know. The next thing I knew, I was ejected from the bank and not allowed back into that branch or any other branch. With all my life’s savings, spare armor, and every single item I could ever use to cash in a favor in that bank, I was hopeless. I had nothing but the clothes on my back and what was in my pack. And thanks to the druids of Taverly, I was wearing white robes and carrying a pack full of guam…

So where else to go but to Lumbridge? Where else could I go? None of the major cities would accept me as a veteran adventurer. With no legendary sword nor expensive armor, I could hardly prove my worth. And so I ended up in…Lumbridge.

It was a pleasant morning, now I come to think of it. The sun was beaming, the clouds were few and far between, and the occasional pleasant breeze almost carried away the scent of squalor. I pushed my way through the crowd directly in front of the bridge; they were milling around chatting about this or that and generally just being a nuisance.

“Did’ja hear about the miller’s new daughter? They say she’s just adorable?” shouted one gossiping woman to another right next to her.

“What’s that? Who’s adorable, then?”

“The miller’s daughter!”

“Oh, the new one?”

“That’s right! They say she’s cute as a sack of flour.”

I felt a stab of cold humor and felt like injecting my presence into the conversation. “Madam, if what you say is true, then the miller’s new baby should be drowned in water and thrown in an oven at the next opportune moment. She would make quite an adorable loaf of bread.”

I left before either could gather their wits about them. I didn’t even hear a vindictive whisper behind my back as I pushed through the rest of the crowd and attempted to reach the gates of the castle.

A crowd of starving chickens fled before my approach, abandoning their worn patch of earth to my booted feet. There was still no escape from the wearying crowds. Here, too, they congregated, making it nigh impossible to get up the stairs and seek an audience with the Duke. I attempted to break through the ranks, shoving, pushing, and generally just causing a ruckus, but there was so much of that going on already that I hardly made a difference in the chaos. It was a moot point, though; the doors seemed to locked and barred from the inside.

Resigned to wandering around Lumbridge for the rest of the day, I began to pick my way back through the crowd, dodging a multitude of flying fists. As I passed by the portcullis, I initially thought little of the small piece of paper hammered to the stones, but I quickly doubled back. My eyes had thought they spied the word “REWARD” penned in small, scraggly letters. The words were so poorly written, in fact, that they could have said “FREE HOMOCIDE” rather than reward, and I would have doubled back all the same. Fortunately for me and my purse, the letters did spell out some semblance of “REWARD” and I eagerly perused the rest of the message, looking for what I had to do to win whatever paltry amount of coins the author was giving up.

The message was simple: a dog was lost. If the dog was found, the dog was to be returned to Dirty Dave, a resident of Port Sarim.
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Tue May 18, 2010 10:19 pm

Nice.
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Post by trixtor Wed May 19, 2010 5:42 am

Very nice. But... the bank always lets you withdraw items.
trixtor
trixtor
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Wed May 19, 2010 7:58 am

Thanks for the feedback guys! And trixtor, I know the bank lets you withdraw items, but I'm taking some creative license. Grin
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed May 19, 2010 7:59 am

What about Lumbridge Celler - there's no standing bank officer! Tongue

It's most awesome Jeevies. Smile
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Wed May 19, 2010 8:01 am

The bank is run by a horde of gublinches, the bankers are just a front, every bank and chest is a portal to the gublinch realm. the gublinches love the bureaucracy.
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Wed May 19, 2010 8:02 am

To Be a Pirate King - Page 4 Icon_biggrin As much as I'd love to debate the different banks of Runescape, I think I'll just stick with writing this as much for the ignorant masses as for us suggesters. Hopefully even people who've never even heard of Runescape would be able to figure out what's going on.
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruy112 Wed May 19, 2010 5:00 pm

Nice Grin
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1623

Back to top Go down

Post by trixtor Sat May 22, 2010 7:11 am

I have an idea of how to fix the banking problem: say that the bank foreclosed on your home, and seized your assets (items) as collateral. Or you could say that you started a ponzi scheme that, while short-lived, allowed you to acquire an absurd amount of money.
trixtor
trixtor
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:15 am

Following the completion of the Pirate King bestiary, I may be reposting the entire series on the forum. To Be a Pirate King - Page 4 Icon_biggrin It won't last long, I think, since I'm going to Europe in a week and won't be able to bump it, but it at least signifies my return to the forums!
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by trixtor Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:07 am

This forum, or the Rs forums. Or Both? *Begs*
trixtor
trixtor
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:10 pm

Well, the first quest is already up on this forum, but yeah, I was planning on re-releasing all five quests on the official forums.
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by trixtor Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:38 am

Have they been reposted yet?
trixtor
trixtor
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:16 am

I've got all the questy stuff written, so now all I need to do is figure out what format I want. I might steal Blaze's style or I might just post it all and figure it out later.
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by TATORZ Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:03 pm

If only I went on the RS forums more than once a week...
TATORZ
TATORZ
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Number of posts : 2458

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:16 am

Go ahead! Post the rest of the series on the forum! Smile

Wait... Didn't you already post the rest of the series on the RSOF?
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1668

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:26 am

I had this stuff all posted months and months ago, but it fell off the forums when I stopped being a member. I just haven't gotten around to reposting it now that I can use the forums again.
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:28 am

Oh, wow. That happened with ALL of my posts on the forums about suggestions when I left the game for a few months to catch up with school. Sad
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:08 am

Ha, I hardly think this belongs in the "Masterpiece" section. Tongue
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:14 am

Stop being so modest.

I said I was going to bed didn't I? I'm still going... I just got distracted. Wink

Last edited by 3mptylord on Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:27 am

Jeeves wrote:Ha, I hardly think this belongs in the "Masterpiece" section. Tongue

Dude, be quiet. This series is fantastic!
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum: