The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eirwyn, Guardian of the Thorn Diamond

+2
The Empty Lord
Ruy112
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Eirwyn, Guardian of the Thorn Diamond Empty Eirwyn, Guardian of the Thorn Diamond

Post by Ruy112 Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:08 am

(¯°•._)Eirwyn, the Songstress (Thorn Diamond) (¯°•._)

Requirements
Roving Elves
69 Mining
67 Farming
65 Woodcutting

Accommodations
The small strip of land south of Port Tyras would be extended further south. More trees and rocks should be added to this area to make the forest denser.

The area with the series of 10 jail cells on the second level of the underground pass would have a small shed added. Inside is a skeleton sitting on a chair, the former jail keeper. The tool rack inside provides infinite spades, infinite buckets and a single hammer. You can strip the shed of up to 20 planks if carrying a hammer; sadly the nails are bent and rusty.

Prologue
When Zamorak travelled the lands, looking for suitable guardians to ensure the continuous seal of the beacons, he came across a young and ambitious crystalchanter, Eirwyn. Zamorak immediately saw her potential and disguised himself as a random traveller, to give her the Thorn Diamond, pretending to want to help her with her art. Eirwyn used the power of the Diamond, to create her deadly masterpiece.

The Mirror
Callum grasped the frame of the mirror with both hands, staring into the blank glass surface. Slowly Callum’s vision began and to blur, he shifted his hands to get a better grab on the frame, but stung himself on the thorns of the rose, growing up the mirror. The pain broke his concentration him, and the faint image of a forest disappeared, leaving Callum staring at his own annoyed looking reflection.

Callum returned, wearing gloves, and placed his hands on the frame once again. Slowly his vision began to blur and he felt light. Slowly, a forest replaced his reflection, the edges blurry like if he was dreaming. Callum soared over a random (but recognisable) part of the elven forest, Isafdar; he noted important details so that he could find it again. Suddenly a small sparkle in the undergrowth caught Callum’s attention, and whether it was by his will or the mirror’s, he soared towards it.

Slowly he came closer and closer to the source of the sparkle. A small flower made of crystal, partially covered with dirt. Suddenly Callum returned to reality and gasped, he felt like waking up from a dream. He couldn’t make a connection between the small crystal flower and the Diamond, but it was his only clue, so he had to visit Isafdar.

The Search
Callum travelled to Isafdar and found the location he had seen in the mirror. (If Callum was a little forgetful, he could gaze in the mirror as many times as he may wish to imprint himself the location) He found the small Crystal Flower partially covered in dirt, and picked it up, cutting his finger on one of the many sharp edges and dropping the Flower.

Callum returned, this time wearing gloves, and picked up the Crystal Flower. He thought that it might hold some kind of clue to the Diamonds location, but if it held a clue, he couldn’t find it. The Flower was clearly the work of a crystalchanter, so much he could tell. So decided to seek out another crystalchanter, to see if she could tell him more. Eluned knew nothing about the Flower, she could confirm that it was indeed the work of a crystalchanter, but her knowledge stopped there.

Callum went to see Ilfeen; she could very well be his only hope to solve the mystery of the Crystal Flower. As soon as Callum showed the Flower to Ilfeen, her expression changed and she was visibly touched by it. Callum asked if she recognised it, though her expression told that she did. Then Ilfeen began to tell her story.

“The Flower was made long time ago, by an elf named Eirwyn. Eirwyn and I were both of the Ithell House, though not blood-related. We were mentored by the same elf and were friends. While I found joy in the details and in the process, Eirwyn wanted to make things bigger, wilder, and always sought to push the limits of her abilities. Then one day, she was gone. Our teacher forbade me to mention Eirwyn. Although we had been friends, I slowly forgot about her, until you brought me the Flower.”

Ilfeen was curious, how Callum had found the Flower. Callum had a feeling that he shouldn’t tell her about his quest and lied, he had just found it while strolling through the forest. He asked Ilfeen if she knew where he could find Eirwyn, because he wanted to give her the Flower back. “Sadly I have no idea where you could find her, although I doubt she crossed the mountains nor the sea”

Callum began his search for Eirwyn. He went as far north as he could, north of Prifdinnas; he went as far south as he could, to the brink of the Poison Waste; he went east until stopped by the mighty mountains of Arandar; and he went west, until the mighty ocean replaced the ground.

Another trap was set off and Callum ate another piece of food. He was just about to give up; Eirwyn had disappeared from the surface of the earth.

For the first time in a very long time, Callum found himself in unfamiliar surrounding, a small strip of land just south of Port Tyras. Squeezed in between the Poison Waste and the Ocean, and with no notable features, it was no wonder he had never been there before. Suddenly a small reflection of sunlight caught Callum’s attention.

Apparently a crystal object was buried in the ground. Callum used his hands to clear away dirt, and it soon became clear that the object was much larger than he had first expected. He was forced to stop clearing dirt with his hands, due to trees and rocks. But Callum didn’t give up, finally he had had found something, and wouldn’t let a little scenery stop him.

Callum returned armed with pickaxe, hatchet, spade and buckets, lots of buckets. He used his pickaxe to break up rocks and used the buckets to move the gravel away from his “Excavation Site”. He cut down trees, and dug up their stumps, and removed them. Filling bucket after bucket with dirt, he slowly revealed the mysterious crystal object.

After much hard worked, Callum had uncovered something, although he was unsure what something was. It was a huge plate of crystal, 6 paces in diameter, buried in the ground. It could be a hatch, or maybe a lense. Callum was convinced that there was something beneath it, though the facets of the crystal distorted his vision, and prevented him from seeing what lied below.

Callum raised his pickaxe above his head, and with a sound like, well, runite against crystal, he smashed his pickaxe to uselessness, without leaving a scratch in the crystal. It seemed that Callum had to pay Nurmof a visit and a small sum of gold. Afterwards he had to find out how to open, if necessary, destroy the crystal hatch, or was it a lens?

The Key

???????

Last edited by Ruy112 on Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:06 am; edited 5 times in total
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1623

Back to top Go down

Eirwyn, Guardian of the Thorn Diamond Empty Re: Eirwyn, Guardian of the Thorn Diamond

Post by Ruy112 Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:22 am

Reserved, just in case.
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Eirwyn, Guardian of the Thorn Diamond Empty Re: Eirwyn, Guardian of the Thorn Diamond

Post by Ruy112 Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:22 am

Reserved, just in extreme circumstances.
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:24 am

3mptylord wrote:Good shtart! Smile
TATORZ wrote:Is everyone we write about Callum now?
3mptylord wrote:Lol - I said it felt weird writing in third person without a name, Ruy suggested Callum. Tongue
TATORZ wrote:Oh, lol.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruy112 Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:55 am

Let the flows of criticism roll, I don't care whether it is constructive or not, or whether it is only spelling mistakes, funny wording, gameplay flaws, storyline flaws or grammar. Help me improve it!
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:05 pm

A fair bit of grammar misuse, but otherwise it seems pretty sound. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruy112 Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:14 pm

Damn... Could you point out the mistakes? Or point out the types of mistakes, so that I can correct them. Lucky bastards, English as first language.
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:51 pm

Lol, not so much grammar actually... Tongue

"The Flower was clearly the work of a crystalchanter, sp much he could tell."

"north of the Crystal City" - crystal walls, crystal undercity (although how you could tell)...

There were a few others - I'll read it slowly again later. The only problem is that I know what you mean now and I'm going to start reading it wrong - I sometimes read what it's meant to say and not what it does. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruy112 Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:53 pm

Sorry for being a nuisance.
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by TATORZ Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:06 am

Lol, I don't see how you could be a nuisance, Ruy Tongue
TATORZ
TATORZ
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Number of posts : 2458

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruy112 Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:43 pm

I ask too many questions Blush
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by TATORZ Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:02 am

None of which I seem to have noticed...
TATORZ
TATORZ
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Number of posts : 2458

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:30 pm

He is a nuisance...
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruy112 Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:12 pm

Myth Confirmed. Anyway, what do you think of it so far?
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:07 pm

Good...
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruy112 Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:14 am

Below is a small song/poem/thing sung to us by Ilfeen, accompanied by her lute. I know it is crappy, and I blame it on the translation from Elvish to English, and the fact that she had to cut down on some of it. I would very much appreciate if anyone could improve it, or help make it better. This is only to give the general idea, I am sure that it would be improved upon implementing it into the game.

“Our tale starts when they brought the seed
dead and cold it was, grey as the twilight
we couldn’t wake it, though we tried
its nature remained a secret

Pruddwyn brought the seed with him
He locked himself in his tower
And stayed for nine days and nine nights
Then he came out and slept for nine days

He had made a sword, grey, so grey
But then he brought the sword to battle
It slipped from his grip, killed a dear friend
The sword brought only sorrow

Pruddwyn went back into his tower
Burdened with sorrow he was
Stayed there for eleven days and eleven nights
He came out and slept for eleven days

A chisel he had made, a simple tool
It could cut the most beautiful gems
But all of them would shatter
Leaving only dust and sorrow

Pruddwyn locked himself in the tower
He had learned from his mistakes
He stayed for sixteen days and sixteen nights
When he came out, he slept for an eternity

He had made a flute, just a flute
But then someone played it
The walls of Prifdinnas shattered
All crystal splintered like glass

The seed became the bane of Pruddwyn
Itself it was thrown away, hidden from everyone
The ring became a myth, the myth became a legend
Alar was forgotten
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruy112 Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:13 am

Small Spoiler

Callum began to read the scroll, for he had no other clue. It was written year 1930 in the Fourth Age.

“Two elves have arrived, Adwr and Cennad. They are scouts sent by Baxtorian, and have travelled under the mountains in order to reach us. Originally they were five, but three of them were lost under the mountains. Maybe there is still hope.

Though they haven’t been here for long, they are already preparing to return to Baxtorian. They must travel under the mountains once again, for Iorwerth controls the Pass. I pray to Seren, if they succeed, Baxtorian will know what is going on. Though I fear the worst.

They’ve left, I pray for their safety. I’ve given them the Alar. I fear what Iorwerth can do with it, and maybe it could reach Baxtorian and the Cadarn. Now the only thing for me is to pray.”
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Kandarin Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:02 am

You can finish this too!
Sir Kandarin
Sir Kandarin
Proselyte

Number of posts : 192

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruy112 Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:29 am

Watch this, I've just got back to writing it.
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Kandarin Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:48 am

Keep up the good work!
Sir Kandarin
Sir Kandarin
Proselyte

Number of posts : 192

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruy112 Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:17 am

I've just got back to writing this again, but I am slow and thorough, so it might take some time before it is up.
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:27 am

A bump every six days keeps the garbage monster away. Smile
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:43 am

Ccccccccoooooonnnnnntttttttttttttiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnuuuuuuuue! Meow
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Number of posts : 955

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruy112 Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:11 pm

Major revamp of Eirwyn in progress, mainly the history and not so much the quest itself.

I'l never finish it anyway Tongue
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:08 pm

We've come to expect that of you! Meow
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next