The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrip: Guardian of the Fog Diamond

+2
Dragon78114
Dark Avorian
6 posters

Go down

Thrip: Guardian of the Fog Diamond Empty Thrip: Guardian of the Fog Diamond

Post by Dark Avorian Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:10 am

°l||l° Thrip The Tormented (Fog Diamond) °l||l° ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
The Mirror
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Callum sees the inner sanctum of Tarn Razorlor...his gaze is magically focused on one bookcase

Requirements
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Tarn's Lair
MEP2
Legacy of Seergaze
67 Fletching (to carve the armour)
69 Crafting (to add the diamonds)
64 Runecrafting (to Imbue it at the altars)
65 Slayer to fight the banshees
A Slayer Helm

Accomodations
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
A few small hills should be added to the Myre making it easier to see to the edge of your vision

Premise
¯¯¯¯¯¯
Long ago a necromancer's spell went horribly wrong...trapped by the dreadful banshees he had unwittingly summoned and warped by the horrible magic he unleashed he became a creature vast and dreadful that cannot be described. No one knows the exact circumstances but at some point he released the magic he had gathered over the years in one horrifying scream that drove back even the banshees...

Quickly he fled into the mort myre... and used his powerful magicks to hide from the banshees...

Realizing the potential a Zamorakian agent gave him the fog diamond...now he can hide more effectively than ever...not only is he a ferocious and hard to kill guardian, but he wont show himself at all while the banshees still search for him

Description
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Thrip is a warped creature...he looks something like Tarn with long claws, a strange glyph on his chest and a diamond embedded in his forehead

Lvl: 356
HP: 300
Attacks: A stat draining scream (earmuffs), a noxious fog (nosepeg), a choking fog (facemask), Huge black spikes for ranging, and Fog Spells

Storyline
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Callum searched the bookcase and discovered a dusty book called the Tale of Thrip

"Long ago, a powerful necromancer by the name of Thrip was feared by much of Gielinor. But long ago he miscast a hugely powerful spell, his mind and body were warped and seven mighty banshees that had been summoned by his spell chained him to the wall of his mighty fortress (now known as the Slayer Tower) and tormented him with their horrid songs."

"Somehow, throughout the centuries, he gathered magical strength. Eventually he released the magic in a powerful Banshee-like scream that drove the banshees away for a time. This discharge of power burned a strange glyph onto his chest and also bought him the time he needed to escape and hide in the swamps..."

"He still hides in the swamps, it is known that he has learned powerful magics of fog that allow him to hide from his hunters...for even while he hides...the seven Forgotten Ones...the mightiest banshees known to Gielinor...still hunt him."

Scribbled on the last page was a note

"If only I could locate him...but I would probably have to destroy the banshees to get him to come out of hiding...I have decided to imbue this book with a spell to locate powerful Undead and a spell that will allow me to call him using an enhanced salve crystal once they are dead."

Callum used the book and hunted down each of the Banshees...they were spread throughout the swamps, Mort'ton, Canifis, and the Haunted woods as well as one being in the tower...

Finally he stood alone on a hill in the swamp (though he knew any place in the Myre or the Haunted Woods would do) and called Thrip

"Fool! You can call me no closer! I have bound myself to the fog that clouds the distance!"

"Only one man has ever come close to being able to touch me...maybe I will tell you his name."

After standing 30 seconds of hits from the far off Thrip he heard Thrip speak again.

"I grow bored foolish ignoramus..."

And a note appeared in his pack as Thrip melted away

"you are foolish -Filthy RUbbish and My SCONEs"

Quickly Callum deciphered the code and ran off to speak to Frumscone. He informed Callum that he had once figured out how to enhance splitbark in order to vastly increase the casting range of the wearer, however he had not been able to carry out the final step...he gave him the scematics for the improved armour and told him that only Crumble Undead would be able to hurt Thrip.

1. Carving: Callum simply used his fletching skill to carve the splitbark
2. Diamond: Callum used his Crafting to place a cut diamond in the forehead of the helm, the chest of the body and the belt area of the legs
3. Imbuing: Callum used his Runecrafting Prowess to imbue the armour at each of the four Combat Catalytic altars (Blood, Death, Chaos & Mind)

Finally he was able to call upon Thrip again...using his new long range crumble undead he managed to defeat Thrip...although throughout the fight Thrip was mumbling about how close he was to getting proper armour.

Upon his death Callum rummaged through his remains to find "Thrip's Diary", Tormented Bones & The Fog Diamond

The Forgotten Ones
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

In order for Thrip to come out of his powerful cloaking spells you must hunt down and kill the 7 forgotten ones who roam the swamps searching for him.

Combat Lvl: 330
HP: 240

Special Abilities, Attacks, And Notes

Aesys: A powerful magic user...she has low hitpoints but has an attack similar to the spirit beasts splashing attack and is hugely powerful

Aeyen: Her scream penetrates even earmuffs draining your stats. she also has high defence.

Aelid: She fires ice arrows from her bow that are a combination of magic and range...they can freeze you and poison you

Aeyes: A deadly foe...she has three different attacks each representing a side of the combat triangle...a Mage-Melee combo, A Mage-Range combo, and a Melee Range combo...all of which are long ranged...and can hit up to 40 (20 w/ one of the protections on)

Aesan: Can switch between mage and melee and attacks at a tremendous speed...can hit up to 15 with any attack

Aedel:Hits up to 30 and prayer is innefective...uses slayer dart and shadow spells

Aezos: Can summon up to 7 banshee mages/rangers and is herself a proficient meleer

Thrip's Diary, The Dreadful Ones, And the Necromancer's Robe-Armour
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Thrips diary has several mundane entries but there are only two that are really that interesting...one is for those who want a more complete explanation of how he recieved the Fog Diamond, the other holds the key to a new powerful mage weapon

"-I have been approached by an agent of Lord Zamorak, he has given into my care a powerful diamond imbued with the essence of fog. He has said that it will allow me to hide far more effectively from the Forgotten Ones, and he has implied that if I am faithful in my guardianship perhaps Zamorak's servants could banish the Banshees...although I doubt it is true I keep my hopes up..."

"-As I have long suspected the creatures released by my miscast ripped apart and stole my Notes and destroyed my Laboratory, not to mention the armour the banshees broke before my own eyes...however that foolish human who has killed the Banshees for me now has possession of something that will do quite well as replacement armour...he also has the charm that upstart Tarn devised to locate powerful Undead...I can use that to hunt them down and recover my notes."

By using the charm in The Tale of Thrip you will now be able to hunt down the 13 dread creatures from Thrip's Lab known as the Dreadful ones...all are powerful and varied undead creatures...

Garek the Abberant Spectre
Vollig the Wraith of Horror
Torgin the Skeletal Wyvern
Maryek the Zombie Lord
Kirfuu the Bloodless One
Hyfran's Titanic Hand
Barzulin the Fleshworm
Horgan the Ankou
Miyaku the Shade
The Ghost of Barsin
The Zombified Wallasalki
Kurask Skeleton
The Soul Beast

Each of these will be unique and will drop some notes...when you have all 13 pages you will be able to finish the Enhanced Splitbark in order to make it an new set of dreadfully powerful mage armour.

1. Fine Cloth...You will have to add dragon blood to fine cloth and add it to the armour
2. A Dark Mage's blood must be added to the main armour...
3. You must have it consecrated by Darkness (Scorpius)
4. You must cast an enchantment described in the note on each piece...the enchantment requires 10 cosmic, 10 soul, and 10 bloods

The Armours

Splitbark: Decent Mage bonuses, decent defence bonuses

Enhanced Stave: Same as above with high range for Slayer Dart and Crumble Undead

Necromancers Stave: If you took Mystic Robes and Splitbark and for each category chose the stat that was higher this would be it...it also vastly increases the range of any spells you autocast using a staff (as well as god and iban spells)

Thrip: Guardian of the Fog Diamond Splitb11

Last edited by Dark Avorian on Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:23 am; edited 5 times in total
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Thrip: Guardian of the Fog Diamond Empty Re: Thrip: Guardian of the Fog Diamond

Post by Dragon78114 Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:40 am

how do you find the location of Thrip?

do the banshees drop all of the materials needed to find him?

also, what is the death altar used for?

and for one thing: the bosses are way too hard... O.o

great idea however. Smile
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1668

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:57 am

Lol...the bosses aren't really that hard...although maybe I'll drop HP to 150 unless specified...and i polished the quest
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruy112 Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:52 pm

He cannot say "For RUnescape" NPC don't know RuneScape exists, there is only one that knows, and he is considered mad.
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1623

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:13 pm

done and fixed
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:22 am

Thrip: Guardian of the Fog Diamond Splitb11
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:29 am

A bump every six days keeps the garbage monster away. Smile
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:45 am

Necromancer Robes are going to be a reward from Shades of Morton. Good for the game, bad for us. To the Renaminoblie!
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Number of posts : 955

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:58 am

you can change it to necro overlord or to lich
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1367

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:12 pm

Or it could just be Necromancer Armour, or it could be Thrip's Robes.
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down