The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokémon Black and White

+4
MorbiusMonster
trixtor
Jeeves
The Empty Lord
8 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Pokémon Black and White - Page 5 Empty Pokémon Black and White

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:09 am

First topic message reminder :

Pokémon
Black and White
Release dates;
• Japan - September 18, 2010
• Europe - March 4, 2011
• North America - March 6, 2011
• Australia - March 10, 2011

I've got the White version and it's quite possibly my favourite version since the original 251 (yes, for me it's the original 251). I really like how it feels like a total re-imagining rather than just an expansion - and I like how they've diversed the types, I've always found choosing fire was the strategic choice rather than a preference on the grounds that fire was a scarce type (or at least in early game), whilst water and grass were bountiful. Grin

(Not really spoiling details, just some heads-up)
Spoiler:
I sorta miss fishing (you don't get a rod until you complete the story). Sad

P.S. As I've already been doing, I will likely say I have Black. My brain misassociated the versions due to the cover-legendaries being reversed... I thought I had Black for the first day or two. Blush
P.P.S. I've also got into the habit of calling them Pokémon Blanc and Noir. Tongue

RE: Convo with Jeeves
I take back what I said about Blitzle... yeah, he's no Pikachu but he's damn good! There's this bitching flying-psychic type and he's the only electric type at the moment (also, he learns dark and fire moves... so training him in Pinwheel Forest is a eaaassssyyyy)! Although, I said this when I thought I was going into the ruins (and given the few psychic users in the entrance I thought I would be heading into a psychic-breeding ground... turns out I wasn't going in there yet, so Blitzle was only temporarily useful. Tongue

There's a flying-electric type... GRAH! Ground is immune to his attacks, but because of the flying he's immune to mine! Such a troll Pokémon! >_<

Last edited by 3mptylord on Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Pokémon Black and White - Page 5 Empty Re: Pokémon Black and White

Post by Dragon78114 Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:47 am

Slayer Noir wrote:I don't think any of your team can learn Rapid Spin, Dragon. Sorry, when I said "stealth rock support" I meant for removing it, and I now realise that was unclear.

Get a Starmie. They learn rapid spin and they're generally incredibly anyway

I don't know about that. I recently caught one and I put it in an alternate team I might design. If I try and replace Starmie with another, my team would include two water types and two psychic types. I hate accounting for repeat types unless Starmie will become a special sweeper like my Volcarona.

I guess I've designed my Pokemon for the Elite 4 rather than for competitions because Metagross can kill Marshal solo, Hydreigon and Volcarona can pwn Caitlin, whilst with my Virizon knock Grimsley to rubble. Only his Drapion beats Virizion, but he is easily smashed by Golurk or Gyarados. Shauntal falls to the whim of a combined team effort and Alder is ripped to shreds by the wrath of Golurk, Gyarados, Volcarona, and Hydreigon.

I guess Starmie can replaced but I don't who it would be most advantageous. >.>

Slayer Noir wrote:I've always thought your furry-avatar looked remarkably like a Zoroark, so that is no surprise to me...

That is what I thought too.

Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1668

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:51 am

If you want to try out teams, may I suggest a simulator? I use one called Pokemon Showdown.
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1248

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:48 pm

I think that might be a good idea. I looked at it and it is pretty nice though it kept losing connection so I gave up designing my team and started to watch others play.
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:55 pm

I just implimented mine to work with both strategy and looks. Just Haxorus and Chandelure can take out any foes, because their movesets can deal with all 17 types.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 2641

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:15 pm

drove. my party sucks. -.-

guess it is back to ground zero for me. Man, I thought it was good, but when up against those damn scizors, its like WTF. Whay are they in OU!? I should have destroyed it while it was using its swords dance.

(Oh, and Slayer, I defeated plenty of people who used stealth rock, with the person having 3 ghosts and my hydeigon sweeping all three. They even gave me a choice scarf via trick and I already was using Dark Pulse...lol)

And morb, how is that even possible? and morb, to be effective, you have to have great coverage and you need the moves to work with the pokemon's stats. I would love Volcarona to use an electric move, but so far the only move is hidden power and electric charge...and the latter is a physical move (all Volcarona have shit att stats)

EDIT: is it bad that I can catch a Mewtwo in FireRed with an Ultra Ball but cannot for f'in hell catch Tornadus with an Ultra Ball B/W?

Its even paralyzed with like 1 hp left and it still refuses to be caught! >.>
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:07 am

Does anyone watch the anime? How many times has Ash died?
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 2641

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:51 am

He dies in the first movie. Thought that was it.
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1248

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:02 am

The first movie was the only time I'm aware of, too.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5