The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokémon Black and White

+4
MorbiusMonster
trixtor
Jeeves
The Empty Lord
8 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Pokémon Black and White - Page 2 Empty Pokémon Black and White

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:09 am

First topic message reminder :

Pokémon
Black and White
Release dates;
• Japan - September 18, 2010
• Europe - March 4, 2011
• North America - March 6, 2011
• Australia - March 10, 2011

I've got the White version and it's quite possibly my favourite version since the original 251 (yes, for me it's the original 251). I really like how it feels like a total re-imagining rather than just an expansion - and I like how they've diversed the types, I've always found choosing fire was the strategic choice rather than a preference on the grounds that fire was a scarce type (or at least in early game), whilst water and grass were bountiful. Grin

(Not really spoiling details, just some heads-up)
Spoiler:
I sorta miss fishing (you don't get a rod until you complete the story). Sad

P.S. As I've already been doing, I will likely say I have Black. My brain misassociated the versions due to the cover-legendaries being reversed... I thought I had Black for the first day or two. Blush
P.P.S. I've also got into the habit of calling them Pokémon Blanc and Noir. Tongue

RE: Convo with Jeeves
I take back what I said about Blitzle... yeah, he's no Pikachu but he's damn good! There's this bitching flying-psychic type and he's the only electric type at the moment (also, he learns dark and fire moves... so training him in Pinwheel Forest is a eaaassssyyyy)! Although, I said this when I thought I was going into the ruins (and given the few psychic users in the entrance I thought I would be heading into a psychic-breeding ground... turns out I wasn't going in there yet, so Blitzle was only temporarily useful. Tongue

There's a flying-electric type... GRAH! Ground is immune to his attacks, but because of the flying he's immune to mine! Such a troll Pokémon! >_<

Last edited by 3mptylord on Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Pokémon Black and White - Page 2 Empty Re: Pokémon Black and White

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:34 am

Pfft with compleximications...

I have Victini, Pignite, Tirtouga, Tranquill, Zebstrika and Foongus. But Foongus is going... I don't know what for yet. I have Fire, Psychic, Fight, Water, Rock, Flying and Electric.

I might switch Tranquil for a flying with a better combo type, and Zebstrika for Joltik. Or, that electric-titan for electric-flying, freeing me up for another type. Smile

The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:55 am

Here's an idea, try and look for Cobalion, it's Steel and Fighting so it can be quite effective and learns the move Sacred Sword, exclusive to its trio (or quartet if you count Keldeo which I have yet to look up in the guide). When caught, you can find Terrakion and Virizion, both are Fighting types.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 2641

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:02 pm

What would I recommend to you for an Electric type...

Now, Joltik and its evolution Galvantula is an interesting one to go with, as teaching it the proper moves will allow you to defeat Water, Grass, Flying, Psychic and Dark types, whilst it's Bug-type partially negates damage from Ground type, the bane of Electric types. While it has a high base speed and special attack, it's overall defences leave something to be desired.

I was also checking out the Tyanamo evolution line. It can learn some fairly decent moves up until the Stage 1. It's ability (Levitate) allows it to negate damage completely from Ground types giving it no weaknesses, but I wouldn't recommend this evolution line, because unlike lots of other Electric types, it is fairly slow, though it has fairly balanced stats elsewhere.

For the Electric/Flying type, Emolga is a quick alternative. They are rare under normal circumstances, but a Hiker on Route 7 will trade you one at level 30 for a Boldore. Since it is effectively the Pokémon version of a Flying Squirrel, it can learn a couple of flying moves such as Arial Ace or Acrobatics, but it cannot learn Fly, so would be not so useful in terms of travel.

There is another Electric/Flying type with fairly impressive attack, sp. attack and speed stats, which can also learn fly, but Thundurus is exclusive only to White version and is a roaming Pokémon, so might be difficult to find if you are no good at tracking them. From what I've found out, you need to speak to a woman in the Entrance Gate of Opelucid City (after Route 10) and she'll tell you about a storm on Route 7. Visit an old woman's house on the same route where you can heal your Pokémon and she'll tell you the story. After listening to it, you can go outside where Tornadus (Black version) or Thundurus (White version) will give chase. They are level 40 and will try to flee battle quickly, so a Quick Ball might have a chance of catching it.

I'll keep checking for you.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:43 pm

Emolga isn't flying, it's gliding (he was my first alternative, so I checked him already). I wanted the flying type so I could use Fly, and he cannot learn it. Sad

I wanted Tynamo, but he's a pure electric. Although his immunity to ground makes him one-up on Zebstrika, in terms of type-coverage, he's not much better though. Sigh
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:04 am

Here's what you can do. Try going on Neoseeker onto the trade forum, that's how I'm getting Zorua. I'll keep looking around for you, so you can get the right match up.

It also depends on which game you've got as well, if you've got White version, you could probably get Thundurus which is the best choice for you.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:34 am

You'll be pleased to know that you can transfer event exclusive Pokémon before you have to complete the league. This will allow you to obtain Zorua and Zoroark earlier, if you have the 13th Movie Celebi or Shiny Legendary Beasts.

In order to acquire the Relocator, you need to visit a building in Castelia City (the city with the 3rd gym that it enormous) which is set between the entrance of Route 4 and the fountain. On the right hand side (or west if you wish) there is a building and you need to go to the 11th floor.

Speak to a scientist on that floor and tell him this message;

"EVERYONE HAPPY, SIMPLE CONNECTION"

Once this has been done, an option will become available in the opening menu that will allow you to transfer select Pokémon from Generation IV games to Black and White (provided they are the same region and you have two DS consoles ready). They must carry no items or know any HM moves (similar to the existing Pal Park or Poke Transfer features), and this is the only way to activate this event. Sending the Pokémon through Poke Transfer present after the league will not initiate an event.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:54 pm

Anyone up for a trade? Now my internet has been sorted I can trade across WiFi again. My friends codes are the following.

Pokémon Pearl - 2408 1066 7771 (for Shinies)
Pokémon Soul Silver - 4770 3386 4405 (for a varied choice)
Pokémon Black - 3696 9492 6706 (for Unova exclusives)
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:10 am

You'll be very pleased to know that the Pokémon Dream World will be up and running in English from the 30th of March. Here you can send a Pokémon from your game to the internet via Wi-Fi and allow it to play online and make new friends.

I cannot explain what is available on line at present, but this link should explain everything you might want to know.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Dream_World
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:52 am

Why don't they have a Goth trainer class? They could use Dark or Ghost types as their nature suggests. Then again, we haven't seen any Dark-type gyms yet, so we might have to wait a while.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:36 am

They have Goth Pokémon. Smile

They could add a light type. Things like Clefairy, Chansey, Audino, etc. The pure-Pokémon.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:06 am

I was also coming up with a Sound-type, a Blood-type and a Soul-type.

Sound was;
2x - Ground, Rock and Ice
0.5x - Water, Steel and Psychic
0x - Sound
Weak against - Psychic, Water and Electric
Resistant to - Nothing
Immune to - Sound

Blood was;
2x - Bug, Flying, Grass, Steel & Psychic (each has their own form of blood, either as proper bodily fluids, sap, oil or brain fluid)
0.5x - Blood, Ice, Ground & Rock (ever heard of getting blood from a stone?)
0x - Ghost (the dead have no blood)
Weak against - Rock, Ghost & Poison (those that have lack of blood or carry poisonous blood can inflict damage)
Resistant to - Steel and Blood
No immunities

Soul-type wasn't a fixed type, it would increase or decrease in effectiveness depending on a variety of factors, such as stats, gender, happiness or even the environment of the ball the Pokémon was caught in.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:11 am

There is a "pure" type, it's just known as Normal type. It has only one weakness, relatively high defence and an impressive learnset to match.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:41 am

I always saw normal as the plain/otherwise-typeless Pokémon, not pure/light. The rats, critters, dogs, etc, the non-flora grass types. But I guess.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:50 pm

I only just acquired the fourth badge. I don't play the game on a daily basis and even then, I spend a lot of my time catching Pokémon or levelling up the ones I already own.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:00 pm

Same, I'm on the 5th gym but I've slowed down.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:03 am

Ever since I completed Pearl, I decided I should make parts of the game last some time, rather than get it over with. Pearl was just too easy to complete, particularly with that Journal.

The journal opening would appear if you hadn't been on for some time, so I felt I was rushed into things so I didn't have it turn up.

It's easier to complete these days, because you can heal almost anywhere. Pokémon Yellow was the hardest, because you could leave Pallet Town and already be thrown up against a level 7 whilst you were only level 5. Trainers were higher levels than reasonable, you started with only a Pikachu which made the first gym absolute hell unless you worked for ages to get some Fighting type moves from a Nidoran (so many moves that are Fighting or another type these days were Normal making it even harder) and this was before held items, so you would take up one turn to heal, and in that same turn you'd lose the benefits of the potion because of the damage you'd take. Thank goodness they made changes.

But there are so many rest stops now, so many PCs you can drop Pokémon into to heal them etc.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:48 am

I just found and caught a shiny Audino!
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:04 am

Shock
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Pokémon Black and White - Page 2 Empty Blight

Post by MorbiusMonster Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:31 am

Name: Blight
Infection Pokémon
Type: Poison
Height: 6' 1"
Weight: 360lbs

Bio: This Pokémon has a natural viral presence, though no-one knows if it is intentional or not. Its gaseous body infects and festers any organic matter it comes into contact with. Considered within legend to be a spreader of plague, people drove it out of human populations to prevent infections.

Ability: Cursed Body - Has a 30% chance of Disabling the last move that impacts it.

Signature move: Infestation - Poison Type - Accuracy 100, Power 70 - PP 5 - The user envelops the opponent in a filthy, vile cloud of poisonous substances. The target will not only be poisoned, but any Pokémon that touches it may also be poisoned and so on.

Last edited by MorbiusMonster on Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:11 am; edited 1 time in total
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:37 am

Surely Blight's signature move is actually undesirable? If you switched Blight out for another Pokémon, it would become infected?
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:48 am

The infection only spreads to those come into contact with the infected, but only during battle. Once out of battle it behaves like normal poisoning. I can see where you are coming at with that idea, but usually a good strategy works around moves such as these. When it comes to using Blight, which is, at best, a poorly advantaged Pokémon in terms of type effectiveness, a strategy is needed to get the most out of it.

Pokémon is pretty much a strategy game. Work around the unfavourable aspects with some strongly positive ones and you can do anything.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:53 am

I mean, if I use Blight's infestation to infect my enemy-- umm, Dearling. If I switch to Victini, Dearling would infect my Victini when they fight?
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:15 am

I've just amended it so there is only a chance that it will spread. Because Blight can travel as two formes, it seems only right that Infestation can work in two ways as well.

Plague forme - This forme is physical and therefore infestation is a Physical move. It has higher Attack and Defence at the cost of Speed and Special Attack. Therefore, physical contact between an infected and a non infected is needed to carry the infection.

Gas forme - This forme is gaseous and therefore Infestation becomes a Special move. It has a higher Special Attack and Speed at the cost of Attack and Defence. Therefore, special attacks may transfer infection from one Pokémon and another.

Hopefully that should help you out.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:12 am

Not really... I was just asking if it infects your team? Say, Blight uses Infestation on the enemy... when the enemy attacks you will you catch it? Simple yes or no is fine. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:02 am

Now to decide how Blight will look.

Plague forme - typical plague doctor uniform or mourning robes to give it that very sinister appeal.

Gas forme - a gaseous presence, still dominated by two, glassy eyes with hands formed like part of the biohazard symbol.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:11 am

Hey, I was thinking about getting the new Pokémon game after I get a new DS. (My brother sold mine and used it for college money five years ago...I was very pissed.) I felt like I felt out-of-touch recently with my gaming and I want to come back. Should I get Pokémon Black or White?
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1668

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next