The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back)

+3
Handeath
Dark Avorian
Slayer Noir
7 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back) - Page 10 Empty A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back)

Post by Slayer Noir Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:14 am

First topic message reminder :

Race to the 80 Milestone Cape

A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back) - Page 10 Attack10 99A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back) - Page 10 Consti10 92>93A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back) - Page 10 Mining10 80
A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back) - Page 10 Streng10 93A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back) - Page 10 Agilit10 79>80A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back) - Page 10 Smithi10 80
A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back) - Page 10 Defenc10 85A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back) - Page 10 Herblo10 73>79A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back) - Page 10 Fishin10 81
A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back) - Page 10 Ranged10 84A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back) - Page 10 Thievi10 75>80A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back) - Page 10 Cookin10 83
A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back) - Page 10 Prayer10 88A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back) - Page 10 Crafti10 77>80A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back) - Page 10 Firema10 80
A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back) - Page 10 Magic-10 94A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back) - Page 10 Fletch10 71>80A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back) - Page 10 Woodcu10 83
A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back) - Page 10 Runecr10 86A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back) - Page 10 Slayer10 82A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back) - Page 10 Farmin10 74>80
A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back) - Page 10 Constr10 76>80A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back) - Page 10 Hunter10 71>80A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back) - Page 10 Summon10 78>80
A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back) - Page 10 Dungeo10 90>91

Spoiler:

Last edited by Slayer Noir on Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:01 am; edited 18 times in total
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1248

Back to top Go down

A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back) - Page 10 Empty Re: A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back)

Post by Slayer Noir Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:35 pm

Wow. It's been longer than I thought since I last updated my stats table.

Since the last update, I've gotten
+2 Herblore
+5 Thieving
+1 Crafting
+1 Fletching
+3 Farming
+1 Construction
+1 Hunter
And +1 Constitution, though that doesn't really help.

That's right 3mpty. I'm coming for you.

Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back) - Page 10 Empty Re: A Slayer's Blog (guess who's back)

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:37 am

*sigh*

I guess I should finish Hunter then. Working nights has really consumed all my time.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:55 am

On the plus side, there's a new way to train hunter announced in the August BTS. That should help both of us.
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:19 am

It better be less click/drop intensive.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:36 am

+1 Farming

Just 2 skills to go.
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:48 pm

Dear blog.

Results day was today. It went well. I'm extremely happy but trying not to make a big deal out of it.

That is all.
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:31 am

Dear blog,

Fest this year will be the best fest EVAR

Buzzing

That is all.
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:47 am

Which Fest?
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:31 am

Reading. The best fest.
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:18 am

Warped, Download, etc. What's so good about Reading? Tongue

EDIT: Seems to have a good lineup. Well, good of what I recognize... which isn't much, actually.

Paramore, You Me At Six, Angels and Airwaves, Coheed and Cambria, Enter Shikari, Bullet For My Valentine, All Time Low, Billy Talent, Less Than Jake, Young Guns and We Are The In Crowd. Also know, although not a huge fan of: Foo Fighters, Kaiser Chiefs and Florence and the Machine.

Last edited by 3mptylord on Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:40 am

Reading is also in a better town than the others Wink

In all seriousness though, the atmosphere there is great, there's good variety in the music and given that I pretty much live in Reading, why the fuck would I go to Download? Tongue
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:21 am

Progress update:
+3 Hunter
+2 Herblore

These are hard to train skills and I have little money right now. Things have slowed right down.

How are you doing, 3mpty?
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:20 am

Slayer, I really need help here.

My plan isn't working.
Dealing damage - no problem
Avoiding damage - no problem
Separating the demons - somehow doesn't work as well as it did.
For some reason the demons can occupy the same space, meaning that splitting them apart isn't going to work. I can deal with them with all other distractions, but not when they're together. I can only cope so far!

Can you recommend any help?
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 2641

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:14 am

Given that I never split the demons myself, I can't really advise you on that.

I guess my only remaining tip is to bring more food - if the demons are hurting you lot, more rocktails will heal off the damage. Take the best beast of burden you have and dismiss it when it's empty, in order to summon a combat familiar. Try using a Spirit Kyatt and spamming Ambush scrolls - that's gotten me through a lot of tough fights, including Nomad.

You've just gotta keep trying really. Don't bring anything you can't retrieve from your gravestone and accept you might die a few more times before you succeed.

If all else fails, see if you can do the quest on the beta servers (using the equipment you have ingame, of course). If you can, wait til the Evolution of Combat goes live and then do the quest for real.
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:45 pm

I tried that on Beta. The battle was worse.

I was trying to use range only to find that, for some reason, adamant ammo didn't work with a rune crossbow. Apparently, it was too high levelled a set of ammo for the equipment, so range is out of the question. Diamond bolts needed 70 range, which made no sense at all, so they couldn't be used either. Demons no longer have a combat specific weakness anymore in Beta.

What made it more annoying was how I would be dragged back into conflict and into the path of Lucien's spells. This was just plain nasty.

To be honest, my best strategy is just to run away, wait for half an hour for Lucien's attacks to stop coming and hopefully the brothers will have finished with their targets and start tenderising mine.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:00 am

It worked, I managed to split them up, led one out of the way. Easy to do once they're apart. Halfway into fighting the second demon (roughly 10-15 mins in at a guess) Lucien stopped attacking.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:48 pm

Dear blog,

Why the hell have I been using falconry to train hunter? Jadinkos are not only better xp but much less boring (though by no means exciting)

Knowing this, I think I can finally bring this race to an end. The finish is in sight.

(+3 hunter since last updated, by the way)
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:37 pm

+1 hunter, just in case anyone's still interested
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:54 pm

I'm watching. What tips would you have for someone trying to get 67 hunter from 62, but wishes to avoid trying for Red chinchompas because bots have driven them to extinction.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:11 am

The Big Chinchompa is great XP but can only be done twice a day. I'd say you should definitely be doing this as much as you can, and doing other hunter training while you wait for it.

I used Falconry for most of my hunter training, though as you may have seen, both me and 3mpty utterly detest it because it's incredibly boring. I've now moved on to Jadinko, though I'm afraid you can't yet. Salamanders and Penguins are supposed to be good, and might be worth checking out.
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:02 am

I liked salamanders when I did them.
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:21 am

+1 Hunter

So, after months of effort, millions of XP and countless hours, the race finally draws to a close.

I have 1 skill remaining, herblore, and only 24 xp to gain in it. It seems fitting that you, 3mpty, witness the end and so, if you're available, I'd like you to join me as I reach the milestone we've been working towards. Let me know a good time and place for you.

Oh, and we are definitely not racing to all 90s...
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:20 pm

No, we're definitely not.

I'm sorry I withdrew almost a month ago, and didn't really give you a race... but I'll happily log in. Post-midday, I'm pretty much online everyday.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:50 am

Oh. That's a shame. I thought you were still right on my tail this whole time. No matter, it's been good motivation and I've gotten a good skillset out of it.

If you ever decide to try again, I'd happily dungeoneer with you Smile
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:25 am

Right on your tail? You were eating my dust the whole time. Pleased

But yeah, I would have never gotten Dungeoneering... Sad
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:17 am

wow. so Slayer wins. Congrats. 3mpty, for a while I thought you had a good chance of winning the race.
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1668

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next