The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Portal Experimentation Room (Dung Planes Revamped)

4 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Portal Experimentation Room (Dung Planes Revamped) Empty The Portal Experimentation Room (Dung Planes Revamped)

Post by Slayer Noir Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:30 am

The Portal Experimentation Room

--Introduction
So this is the portal experimentation room. It serves two purposes, really. One is to create a surface-world method of training dungeoneering, in order to help integrate the skill with the rest of RuneScape. The other (and for me more important) purpose is to allow me to suggest loads of cool and unique items. If you can't be bothered with the rest of the thread, just check them out. Tongue

--Backstory
Spoiler:

--Using the PER
Spoiler:

--The Mechanics
Spoiler:

--So then...
Spoiler:

--List of Items
Spoiler:

--List of Monsters

Drop rate key. C = common, U = uncommon, R = rare, VR = very rare, > "monster" = has greater drop rate than "monster".

From the Gorajo Homeworld
Spoiler:

From the Stalker Planes
Spoiler:

From The World of the Behemoth
Spoiler:

From the Infernal Dimensions
Spoiler:

Ignore everything below. It's remnants of this thread pre-revamp, and I've yet to turn it into the new lists.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Slayer Noir on Wed May 30, 2012 3:00 am; edited 34 times in total
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1248

Back to top Go down

The Portal Experimentation Room (Dung Planes Revamped) Empty Re: The Portal Experimentation Room (Dung Planes Revamped)

Post by Slayer Noir Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:59 am

1 Reserve, just in case

Feel free to post by the way
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

The Portal Experimentation Room (Dung Planes Revamped) Empty Re: The Portal Experimentation Room (Dung Planes Revamped)

Post by Slayer Noir Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:34 am

So yeah, I should have enough in the OP to spark some discussion by now... Is there a reason you guys aren't commenting? Don't like the concept? Or was this thread just outshone by other suggestions?

Anyway, I've come to realise that the most ambitious part of this project is the drop tables - given that these worlds have never had Gielinorians in before, it makes no sense for the monsters to drop Gielinorian items. I think I can get away with bones and ashes, but other than that, I need enough new items to create all new drop tables. I gonna need help with that: ideas would be very much appreciated.
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:42 am

Well, you talked to me, and remember, creatures in Daemonheim drop runes and such.

I could post my "Daemonheims" idea.study
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Number of posts : 955

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:49 am

Your "Daemonheims" idea? That was other dungeons like Daemonheim, wasn't it? I think that probably deserves its own thread, its a big idea and its too dissimilar to mine...

And the problem with runes is, there are altars in the Daemonheim too. I personally don't believe that the monsters from other worlds brought the runes through with them, especially seeing as Stalkers and Kal'Gerion have a natural magical ability and no need for runes and Behemoths are unintelligent and couldn't use runes. I can't use runes... I can't get use an item just because its dropped in Daemonheim.
Edit: In fact, assuming the Stone of Jas never passed into other realms (and I think I'm deciding WAY too much lore if I say it did), other realms shouldn't even have access to rune essence, let alone the runes themselves...

Then again, the Gorajo could use rune-like items... But how would I make them different to runes??
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:49 pm

Oh. Got it!

How about the Gorajo "runes" give damage boosts to spells when they're used in place of normal runes? Kinda like the Ferocious Ring... Sound good?
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:43 am

Me likes
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1367

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:26 am

From what I have learnt, Bilrach has reached a stage where his allegiance to Zamorak is challenged by the darkness slowly weakening him. There is more than one Dark Lord on this plane, who knows what it is that's been driving Bilrach.

Bilrach appears to have the strongest loyalty to Zamorark of all the Mahjarrat, but is it loyalty or weakened will? If that is the case, this dark lord could be something similar to Zaros, hence why it might be draining him.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 2641

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:55 am

Don't take this the wrong way Morb, everything you've said is very interesting and as far as I'm aware, correct, but what does it have to do with my idea?
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:30 am

Ok, so new ideas...

The Magnet Charm - If a monster drops a stackable item that's already in your inventory, it will be automatically added to the inventory. Eg, if you already have coins in your inventory when a monster drops coins, the coins are added to your inventory.
Very convenient, much like the bonecrusher, however you have to sacrifice the chance to wear another necklace to use it, so in tough combat, it might be better to put the effort into picking stuff up.

Life Gloves - Wear these gloves and the rune cost of each spell will be halved. The trade off? 50 lifepoints damage for every rune saved. Ouch. Using these in combat will probably get you killed, but with the right food, a lot of money could be saved when casting non-combat spells
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:37 am

few nice, btw I think it may help your idea if you do some art concept?
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:53 am

You mean make pictures of some of the items??? Are you sure?
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:59 am

Yes, I think it'll be damn good if you did it correctly
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:13 pm

Right, so I'm gonna start adding some filler items for drop tables now... These items needn't fit the "Awesome in this situation but awful in that situation" guide that the main main drops do. These are more "Oooh, that's nifty"

Ideas so far...

Eternity Scrolls - magic spells that can be cast on certain pieces of jewelry to remove their teleport limits. Probably non-tradable in order to avoid devaluing the jewelry

Various pieces of cosmetic gear from Gorajo, Demons and Stalkers

(Possibly new pets)

New consumables:
An ore that acts as 2 coals
Vials that can contain 5 doses
Special feathers that make better arrows and bolts
Ingredients that can enhance certain potions
A food that stops the negative effects of drinks while maintaining their positives

I'm also trying to think of any existing items that could be found in other dimensions. My research on dragon items suggest they might be a possibility. Obviously, its possible for the monsters to drop bones and ashes too.

Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:51 am

Right, taking a break from the Firemaking Revamp moving away from items for a bit, I'm starting to work on the environment of the new dimensions.

Step 1: Gather all known information about the planes involved in the suggestion. Over to RS Wiki, then.

The Stalker's World. Only 1 sentence of potentially relevant information found in the Stalker article:
Stalkers tend to build nests, mainly used for growing and resting, but also for spawning.

Behemoth Notes 3 describe the Behemoth plane very well:
The plane the behemoths come from is a vast, open wasteland. It stretches as far as the eye can see in every direction, and different areas have wildly differing climates - permanent blizzards to scorching deserts to salt marshes devoid of almost all life.

Again, I have only succeeded in finding one sentence that describes the Gorajo Homeworld. This is, apparently, a quote from any hoardstalker familiar in Daemonheim, discussing Ramokees
(Ramokees) have a harder time surviving in the wildlands among the sinkholes and wolfloks
Googling the word "wolflok" has yielded no clues as to what they might be.

Information on the Infernal Dimensions is, surprisingly, rather lacking. Most information on the look of this world shall therefore come from the small part we can access via the portal beneath Uzer. Even so, the Infernal Dimensions span more than 1 plane of existence: I should have room to be creative here.

Lastly, the Necromancer's Playground. Great thing about this is it's all made up by me, so I can do whatever I want with this one. Fun times.

Getting a real strange sense of deja vu right now. Will be reading back over previous posts in an attempt to find out why Confuse

Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:53 pm

Sinkholes are phenomena when the soil beneath the surface loses structure completely and the entire column of Earth just sinks completely, leaving an enormous hole. This would suggest that their wildlands are probably backwater regions, or at least have deposits of water beneath the surface wearing away the ground.

Wolfloks could be anything, but my guess is they might be a rival species to the Gorajo, or it could be a variety of predator that the Gorajo find themselves prey to (the Gorajo are ungulates and creatures like that are a common prey to wolves (or in this case, wolfloks)). Any of the Ramokee who venture into the wildlands find themselves likely prey to these creatures.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:52 pm

When I read the quote, I imagined wolfloks to be geological formations much like the sinkholes.

Looking over it, however, it's hard to justify either of our guesses as better than the other - my only comment would be that Gulega are known to be the main predators of the Gorajo - if the Gorajo wanted to talk about predators, I think they'd have picked these. That, of course, doesn't rule out your guess.

To avoid a difficult debate, I'll try and avoid putting in wolfloks in my suggestion...
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:41 pm

Could the Gorajo and the Goraks come from the same dimension, but from different parts? They share a lot of characteristics, such as Gora- being a prefix in both their names, both having ungulate properties, but also have furless skin and reptilian tails, not to mention their strange abilities.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:14 am

If Gorajo and Gorak's do come from the same dimension, I don't think that dimension is the one we can visit via the fairy rings - it bears no resemblance to the descriptions of the Gorajo planes.

Is it possible a group of Gorak left the Gorajo planes and got stranded in their current location? I'd say yes, but I don't think I'll feature them in this suggestion, just to avoid confusing my audience.

May I ask a favour, Morbius? You have an outstandingly good imagination and I need to use it - could I ask how you imagine the Stalker's world to look?
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:29 am

The Stalkers presumably originate from a plane that might possibly have diminished light, lack of nutrients and could feature a medium that is thicker than air.

They sort of resemble jellyfish, and their lack of any mouthparts would suggest either extruding their gut to ingest food, or just absorbing it from the medium around them. Judging by their active hunting process, more likely the former.

Their enormous eyes allow them to see better within darker conditions. Their apexial eye (the one on top) will be means of determining depth, by figuring the distance of surface light from the stalker. Their main eye is keyed to looking directly in front of them and most likely is sensitive to even tiny movements.

As with most creatures residing within a fluidic medium (like water), they'd need a means of staying afloat and controlling movement. The natural gas inside them allows them some degree of locomotion. This gives them the ability to slightly hover in Daemonheim and explains why they are weak to stab attacks, one precise poke and POP!

The competition for food within their region must be fierce. Their reproduction methods suggest that the parent simply lays its spawn within itself. Once they hatch, the search for the nearest food source and live inside that (hence giving them the name of flesh spoiler as they spoil flesh). With the parent destroying itself so, it means less food is used in sustaining one adult and several young, but it is far more ingenius. If the young hide within a food source and are undetected, they can be consumed by another adult and feed off that instead. To this extent, older adults are removed, preventing any drain on resources.

So, I'd say they come from a dark realm, within a fluidic medium. Their medium probably undergoes a variety of temperatures (for which evolution will produce specimens like Lakhrahnaz), acidity (creating caustic gazers) and is relatively dark with little food (resulting in creatures like Ihlakhizan the Shadow Forger and Haasghenahk the Fleshspoiler) Horrors like World-Gorder Shukarhazh are likely the top predators. Their isolation from surface world dwellers on their world allows them to create the likes of a culture (meaning they have some kind of language) without interference and become relatively advanced.

If Bilrach's means of creating portals is literal, it locks onto naturally dark places, some being like the fluidic region of the Stalkers home.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:01 am

If you're sending this to Postbag from the Heim, just remember to credit me right?
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:10 am

Oh no, this is just for the suggestion, I need a description of the world and I need a unique environmental effect - both of which you've supplied and will be credited for.

I love the idea of the fluid medium: I don't see the Stalkers as aquatic, so I'll go for a thick gas. It can have all sorts of environmental effects - I can make a facemask/diving helmet needed, I can make creating fires dangerous (if the gas is explosive), I can make it so activities that would make you breathe heavier (eg running and fighting) have negative effects as you breathe in the gas.

I knew asking you was a good idea. And while I'm not sending it off to the postbag, I see no reason why you shouldn't. Thanks again.
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:20 am

I also had a theory why dragon breath was so dangerous.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:24 am

Bit unrelated but I'm curious, please tell?
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:36 am

I always figured that something particularly nasty had to be behind the power of dragon breath. I figured that dragon breath is magnetic and here is my reasoning.

Dragons are commonly found near ore materials, regardless of where you are. I suspect that the ore is to act as roughage in the body to allow it to digest its food better, whilst some parts of it are used within the fuel of its breath. By consuming the ore, some of the ore is magentically charged and remains so in the dragon's body.

When expelled in their breath, the similar charges of the atoms of metal in their breath cause it to spread out broadly and will be drawn naturally to other magnetic structures, such a player's armour. Even under normal circumstance, magnetism is lost at higher temperatures, but higher pressures maintain it (as is the case with the Earth's core). Bronze is magnetic, as is iron and steel. This also suggests that mithril, adamant and rune are also magentic. However, using this principle, a variety of simple measures are used to counteract this phenomena.

The Anti-dragon shield has stats comparable to that of a standard iron shield. The only difference between it and a genuine iron shield is that the anti-dragon shield is magnetically induced, with a similar pole to material within the dragon's breath. This allows it to repel weaker and similar charged particles, but the defence still draws to it some opposingly charged particles, meaning some damage is still taken.

As a dragon ages, some of the magnetic compounds simply are extruded to the surface of a dragon's skin within the scales, giving the scales protection against dragon breath also. Correctly treated, recently shed scales are used in anti-fire potions which create, for a short while, some magnetism within the drinkers's blood stream (but this doesn't last very long) allowing them to have further resistance from it.

That, at least, is the theory behind the power of dragon breath.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum