The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The tale of the Lacertae

5 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The tale of the Lacertae Empty The tale of the Lacertae

Post by Duskcurse Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:32 am

Overview:
Spoiler:

Biology and Appearance:
Spoiler:

Skills and Abilities:
Spoiler:

Personailty:
Spoiler:

The Lacertae City:
Spoiler:

History:

Spoiler:

Plotline:

Spoiler:

Characters:
Spoiler:

Quotes:
Spoiler:

Trivia:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Duskcurse on Thu May 10, 2012 7:05 am; edited 5 times in total
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1367

Back to top Go down

The tale of the Lacertae Empty Re: The tale of the Lacertae

Post by Duskcurse Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:36 am

Hey I coudn't post it, but it's about an underground colony of zarosians in the wilderness, and underground literally
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:48 am

Ok, so here's a thing to consider... What race are the inhabitants of this colony?
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1248

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:56 am

a race of reptilian lique creatures
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:15 am

Ok, so does this race have a name?

What about this colony? Where is it located? Beneath the ruins of one of the old Zarosian settlements would make sense - perhaps Annakarl (the demonic ruins) or Carrllangar (the Graveyard of Shadows). And what does this colony look like? Is it messy and ruined, or grand and opulent?
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:29 pm

Well it starts with some hooded people in Edgeville, wich tell you to follow them to a cave, for this a new set of ruins will appear near edgeville, ruins really small
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:53 pm

um... didn't you suggest a similar idea before?

and these ruins...like the ones currently existing? Where and exactly and what do they look like?
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1668

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:00 pm

the race is of extremly talented magical crafters, who did a lot of zaros armours and tools, thus when the quest starts you can't enter or use any thing dedicated to zamorak and/or saradomin, if you pray to a saradominist/zamorakian temple your prayer point will get into negative, as because /Saradomin/zamorak thinks you are mocking him, thus he steals the favour of the gods from you", and every npc aligned to zamorak and/or saradomin will be hostile towards you, so you must use a costume similar to that pirate quest of wich I can't remember it's name
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:01 pm

and they are underground ruins, I have to decide the place throught
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:08 pm

alright, but that doesn't answer my question. I asked what do the ruins look like? Is it like the remnants of a sprawling metropolis or some tiny town?
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:13 pm

remnants of a tiny town, with some greater ruins, because the tiny town is the most clean area
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:22 pm

cool, so with like massive stone structures, etc.?

will it be accessible via Edgeville Dungeons or via some other place?
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:25 pm

I was thinking of entering an instanced wilderness
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:36 pm

"Centuries ago, our kind was prosperous. Basking within the sunlight of the lus and verdant wilderness, our kind thrived working for him, forging his weapons and tools and enjoying the protection he provided us. But now, we live beneath the ground, our cold-blooded countenance being the death of us in these frigid depths, that is, if the sly things above don't kill us first."

Your species is known as the Lacertae, a reptilian species. Their scaly flesh is cold and feels damp to the touch. Lacking any body hair, they are sensitive to strong sunlight, as it burns their skin. Under the protection of the Empty Lord, the Lacertae were loyal and made weaponry and tools that used to be distributed across the world. When their master disappeared, they retreated to the depths of ground, taking most of their vibrant capital with them. The chaos tunnels seen today are believed to be some of the vestiges of their capital, whilst a crumbling city dwells further beneath the surface, the access granted to those privy to know the name of their former lord and share a common interest.

Lacertae is the plural name for this species, an individual member is a Lacert. Since their language has somewhat crumbled over time, none now have their own names as we have them. Their greatest strength is their resilience, whilst their greatest weakness is relatively simple, they are fools to devotion and love. Show them the slightest kindness and they'll follow your footsteps, show loyalty to you and even show physical intimacy on your command until the day you die. It was this common emotional attachment that caused their population to be decimated in the earlier years of the wars.

Their capital now crumbles in the depths of the crust. An artificial environment created by their strongest mages protects them and gives them the energy they need to survive. But because they are cold blooded, they are slowly dying out.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 2641

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:56 am

uhh nice Morb, yes the idea is entering a better stage inside my mind
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:28 am

You know it makes sense though. It's just a little something to get you started on your way to become a quest writer.

As a sequel of Desert Treasure and working in part with Temple at Senntisten, more ancient powers will become available to you. In this, the Lacertae demonstrate the rare combative arts that have been lost to the ages.

• Noir - A technique where you move like shadows to conceal yourself from foes. Unlike direct combat, it all relies on Agility and Thieving, not just Strength. The likes of Sliske are notable experts of this technique, giving them the titles of Shadow delvers.
  • Primality - Inside every creature lies a hidden primal rage, only unlocked when they lose total control. The witches of the blood coven in the capital cannot teach this for your use, but rather allow you to manefest it within your familiars. The Arzonusii also know this secret, but rarely use it, for familiars under its influence are too easily unruly. Knowledge of Summoning is necessary, but also the fields of Dungeoneering and Hunter are too needed.
  • Fatigue - It is known that by striking the right spot on a body, you can sap its energy. The fatigue technique uses cold ingenuity to strike either numbness or tetanus to an area of the body. Some rangers are in the know of these techniques and so practice it well. Not just Range is important, but also Constitution and Slayer to know how to land the right shot.
  • Corruption - Sometimes it takes a little more than just brute force to undermine and enemy. Taught by the Sisters of the Venom, corruption works its way through the blood of a foe like a poison and damages their reflexes and may even command them to strike themselves or their allies. Herblore and Runecrafting are required in addition to Prayer to brew this sinister batch and then match it elementally to deeply take root.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:58 am

Great work, Morb. I really like your ideas so far - particularly how you've already created a struggle for existence and a need for help with the whole cold bloodedness.

If I may, though, I have a bit of constructive criticism for your work...

The first is really minor: In the Second Age, the Wilderness wasn't a wilderness, and was instead known as Forinthry, so the second sentence might be better as "the lush and verdant Forinthry" or "the lush and verdant planes of Forinthry" or something similar.

The second is a slight biological paradox you've created: I'm studying cold blooded animals at the moment in biology and I've been told a few times now that they're quite reliant on sunlight to keep warm. Not only that, but for Forinthry to grow "lush and verdant" as you've described it, there would need to be a lot of sunlight in the area. Despite all this, the Lacertae are burnt by sunlight. So how did they keep warm while they were on the surface? In fact, how are they keeping warm now (you've implied they're struggling, and I really like that, but surely they have something to help a little bit)? And why did they choose sunny Forinthry to settle in?

My third point is a matter of secrecy I've been discussing ingame with Dusk: The Lacertae would be some of the last surviving Zarosians, and could potentially posses much knowledge of a God which JaGex has tried very hard to keep mysterious. If they're as trusting as you describe them to be, how is that mystery going to be maintained? Or would it be better to make them a bit less trusting of humans?

Sorry to seem so negative, Morb, because overall it's another fantastic piece of writing from you.
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:05 am

Of course, that was the major plot point. The four leaders of the divided capital come together and dread that you'll bring surface dwellers to the Underworld and reveal the true nature of their plan and unveil too much of Zaros, more than is healthy. They challenge you as masters of their associated combat styles, you defeat them, so concede to your ideals...

Whoops, you seem to have forgotten what you were doing. Perhaps these four might help you out. You seem to have lost your way in this lovely place! The quick route is via a teleport charm, of course! How silly of me to take a wrong turn back there. Next time, I'll try not to wander too far away, and simply teleport back there.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:10 am

yeah, but I have an idea, becasue after the god wars their ideologies had a 180 degree change, and thus htey will now, don't thrust you with their biggeswt seecrets, I'll also include that one of the problems of the Lacertae, the great deal of magic used in forinthry, have made a somewhat magical, nuclear like wastes wich mutates the unfortunates creatures that survived it's destruction, but it's in underground thus it won't affect the upper ground wilerdness, like the idea
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:15 am

So Dusk, you're basically saying that nasty mutated monsters lurk on the outskirts of the city? Gooooood.

Morb, you've answered my question of Zaros but the answer makes them sound really distrusting and you said earlier they were trusting. Confused. :S
And what of my other two points? You didn't answer them at all. Sad
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:18 am

I'll make them be trusworthy in their past, but htat history has made distrust outsiders, and that they only truist completly their god and the likes of azzanadra to the Empty lord
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:36 am

The two earlier points made were complete mistakes. I wasn't aware that the Wilderness was once named Forinthry. The reptilian species do require sunlight to thrive, but at the time the sunlight was too bright for their liking across most of Gielinor (suggesting they, like a lot of other species, were off-worlders). Zaros offered them his much shadier regions and they willingly served him.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:49 am

Now we have something interesting - seems like the Lacertae were quite fussy about where they lived, and reliant on Zaros too.

This does, however, give them a reason for joining Zaros other than a lust for power - seemingly the motivation of most of Zaros' other forces - perhaps then, they are not as unsavory as some of his other followers and ex followers...

Maybe they didn't even fight in the wars at all - you mentioned earlier they forged weapons and tools, maybe that was all they did? It would give a good reason for them to retreat underground too.
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:00 am

I don't think the Arzonusii count as a species that joined for power. They were precious, but that's because they were a gift. A peace offering between Armadyl and Zaros.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:05 am

Sorry, I was unaware that the Arzonusii were ever Zarosian. I was going by the species we know from ingame: Mahjarrat, Vyres, Demons - all power hungry and unsavory.
Despite that, my original point still stands - with a reason other than lust for power for joining, the Lacertae can be relatively peaceful, and the idea seems to work with most of what we've established about them so far.
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next