The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mythics: Stagnant Discussion

+8
Dragon78114
Sir Kandarin
TATORZ
Jeeves
Dark Avorian
Ruy112
trixtor
The Empty Lord
12 posters

Page 9 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Go down

Mythics: Stagnant Discussion - Page 9 Empty Mythics: Stagnant Discussion

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:06 am

First topic message reminder :

I've changed the title of the thread because the apostrophe wouldn't behave. Mythics: Stagnant Discussion - Page 9 612280

The twelve labours, inspired by both mythology and our unofficial mascot Dark Sylvania;

Nemean lionNemyonGuantletsWritten by Jeeves.
Lernaean hydraLernosDiademWritten by Jeeves.
Cerinean hindCerinaHelm
Erymanthian boarErymontAxe-hammerWritten by Jeeves.
Augean stablesAugoHelmWritten by Trixtor.
Stymphalian birdsStympho
Creten bullCretosMace
Mares of DiomedesTrace
Shield of HippolytaHippolytaRising Sun
Cattle of GeryonGeryon
Apples of the HesperidesLadonGolden Apple
CerberusCerberusStaff/Whip

Mythics: Stagnant Discussion - Page 9 Flames_of_Lloigh-enn

Timeline of the Mythics' Quest;
• Grandeur, the gateway to the Mythics' Guild, must be appeased. The requirements for this section are merely the skill requirements for the quest, having completed the Legends' Quest and having a certain number of quest points. The plinth that Grandeur stands on has three icons connected by rivulets. You need them all to light up.
• Through the gateway you can see the image above, basically. Only, the warrior is also a statue and facing the other way. These thirteen statues are, in effect, Hercules and the twelve labours. Accompanying them is a fourth character, imposing as a thirteenth labour - Durial, our antagonist.
• "Herclues" will introduce the labours, and what they are for. It should be noted that the labours themselves, and Herclues, are irrelevant to the quest at the moment. Players can complete them now or later. It should also be noted that Hercules does not mention Durial, our 13th Labour. Trying to make him stick out.
• Each labour would be based on the labours from Greek Mythology. This is the guild of Mythics after all, and Greek wouldn't be the only source when we finally have access to the guild. "Completing a labour" involves retrieving a lost relic that has been hidden in your time. These tasks take place in both RuneScape, and bespoke instances.
• Durial requires three items; the Blades of Eleyon, the Cloak of Shadows and the Potion of Vulnerability. Each item will require utmost knowledge of RuneScape, as no requirements are officially given. This quest may seem long - but the labours aren't required at this point.
• After obtaining all three items for Durial he will exit the guild - returning to his own time. In the same cinematic, future-you will arrive; panting hysterically and cursing that he took too long (mentioning something about other future-yous and how he failed to improve... which you will also say).
• Future-you, though you don't know it yet, will tell you what you need to do next; which of the three labours you should complete. You require the Rising Sun, the Hydra's Diadem, and something defensive to counter the Blades of Eleyon. Future-you will also tell you what Durial's true intentions are.
• After having obtained these, your next mission is to activate the Chronarch's Throne, an altar capable of reversing the flow of time within the guild. *insert more on this segment*.
• Successfully rewinding time, you most exit the guild into the past and locate Durial. The fight will be epic... think Nomad, just harder (or perhaps not, Dark's still killing himself trying to kill Nomad). During this fight Durial will accuse you of being Guthix, among other interesting foods-of-thought.
• Return to the guild and fast-forward to the present. On your way to Grandeur, to speak with your future-self, you will notice two omens - Durial and yourself. Panicking, you run forward to try and stop yourself handing Durial the items. You will, of course, fail... and, well, you can probably see where I'm going.
• This segment is surprisingly easy, merely tell your past-you what to do.

The quest needs to end somewhere. Possibly when you exit the Guild and Grandeur's gargoyles will laugh at you, seemingly aware of you you'd just done. Or... the moment you return to the present it's quest-over, with aiding past-you merely being a required postal-script. I suppose that's the only issue with having a quest with no true questmaster. Mythics: Stagnant Discussion - Page 9 49087

February 14th, 2010;
Spoiler:
February 13th, 2010;
Spoiler:
October 1st, 2009;
Spoiler:

Last edited by 3mptylord on Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:28 am; edited 25 times in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Mythics: Stagnant Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: Mythics: Stagnant Discussion

Post by trixtor Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:57 pm

I agree. It's probably best to have some variety, because we all have ideas and this is a forum-wide (kind of...) project, not a Jeeves project. Dark, I think that you should finish your labour at least, because I like your idea for it. By the way, when will this discussion pick up again?

trixtor
Advocate

Number of posts : 538

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:31 pm

Only Dark said it was Jeeves' project... why's everyone being so derogatory toward Jeeves? Jeeves has written the most because he's a fast writer - and based on what he thought was a specification - like I've said twice, he wasn't imposing his ideas on people, the "forum-wide project" decided and Jeeves wrote. Confuse

Dark - your idea is good and I don't want you to stop contributing (if I didn't make that clear before). It was Trixtor that started this *glares at* by saying he prefers Jeeves' writing style. Dark just retaliated...

Discussion can recommence any time. Smile

Last edited by 3mptylord on Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:36 am

Sad I could just stop writing so much stuff for the Mythics' Quest if it's going to seem like I'm running it.
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Number of posts : 606

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:17 am

Sad

But you've written really good ones! But the ones you've written are really good! (sorry, it sounded wrong the first time) And you write them fast enough that actually finishing this is in a reasonable timeframe...
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:23 am

I will not be working on this quest...I'm sorry
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Post by trixtor Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:10 am

I'm sorry for starting this 3mpty Cry . Jeeves, all I meant was that you're a good writer! I would love if you continued writing Labours.

P.S. I was thinking that we could repost the mythics' quest on the Rs forums when we finish with the labours. This site will still be the main area for writing (and editing) the quest, but we might get some good ideas from the forums.
trixtor
trixtor
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:16 pm

Eeehhh... Confuse

PS. Yeah, that sounds cool lol.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by trixtor Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:51 am

@ 3mpty: Can you please update your list to say that I wrote the Stable Labour?

p.s. Should we post the labours on the RS forums, just for criticism now?
trixtor
trixtor
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:37 am

I would like to clarify that trixtor DID NOT START THIS! I'd say that if anyone "started" it it was you 3mpty, by acting as if I should know every chatbox conversation you have, and talking in a manner just as derogatory (all though still not really derogatory) as trixtor.
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:12 am

I did not expect you to have seen the conversation in the chatbox - but the remnants of the conversation were posted on this thread. On page 10 I not only uploaded possible pictures of the labours but I also said "Updated post 1". So no - I didn't expect you to read the conversation, but at the time I didn't realise you hadn't read post one. Even if you didn't see the "post updated", I would have thought the pretty picture would have perhaps enticed you to read the post? I'm sorry I assumed wrong.

But again, I never said that it was a specification. I haven't objected to you using the actual animal. So how exactly did I provoke this argument? I only defended Jeeves - I never criticised your work, or said you were doing anything wrong.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TATORZ Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:13 am

*argue*
*argue*
*argue*
*argue*
*romp*
*romp*
*romp*
*flame*
*read*
*flame*
*angry*

Anyway... this is why I've been avoiding this part of the forums.

1) I've been sick
2) I'm too lazy to read or write big stuff right now
3) Arguing, contriversy (god, my spelling is suffering), and Angry's
TATORZ
TATORZ
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Number of posts : 2458

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:18 am

Lol - I don't fully know why we're arguing.

Dark, if you don't want to participate, then fine. I would like to ask that your mare segments may still be used. Smile
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TATORZ Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:22 am

*sigh*
TATORZ
TATORZ
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Number of posts : 2458

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:06 am

Okay, you can use my story...I believe I wanted something like this

A) The swift mare: You fight diomedes in his house, he seems to only be vulnerable to axes (perhaps you need to use one to cut into his house?), you end up severing his arm...and he runs, as you leave something accosts you, you use the arm to bait the horse, calm it, and bring it back to it's horn, you're left with part of an arm.

B) The shining mare: You find that the people of catherby have been blinded by a light from teh mountain. You go up and have to fight the mare, but your weapon overheats from the light, and if you wear ice gloves the reflection blinds you...you need to use the shadow sword. once subdued you calm it by feeding it part of his arm, lead it back to house.

C) The blond mare: insert what i wrote about Miazqra

D) the terrible mare: It's in a cavern beneath the brambles around Dark Wizards tower, again hatchet is required. Diomedes is there as well, you have to kill him while under attack from the mare. It suddenly turns and eats him...you lead it to his home, each mare rewards you w/ a horseshoe (or a shard of one) upon returning it to it's horn.

E) Possible uses for horseshoe:
-Goodluck charm (attack amplifier, helps with clue scroll rewards?)
-Ranged weapons (maybe they loop around enemy weapons and disarm them XD)?
-Add to barrows glvoes for some effect?
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by trixtor Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:33 am

Nice ideas Dark Smile . Mabye the horsheshoe reward can be combined with all the other special lucky charms and stuff in game so that it becomes sort of an all-purpose lucky charm (i.e. helps with bird's nests, better treasure trail rewards, better drops, higher chance to mine gems [stacks in a unique way with the amulet of glory : the chance of mining a gem is the same, but the chance of getting a higher gem is raised, and there is a possibility of mining a dragonstone.]).
trixtor
trixtor
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by trixtor Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:31 am

This thread (and this forum) is dying Sad
trixtor
trixtor
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:27 pm

Trix, we go through periods of inactivity every so often. We've survived before and we can survive again Smile
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Number of posts : 606

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruy112 Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:36 pm

Ya, sometimes there's just a little quiet. I've been pretty busy lately, but it'll change Tongue
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1623

Back to top Go down

Post by trixtor Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:32 am

Ok, so this forum will be reborn, but should we post the labours we have to see criteques by Rs forumers? I don't mean support, I mean helpful ideas and such.
trixtor
trixtor
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:09 am

Do not be disheartened. Durial's quest was, indeed, noble. But this world is beyond salvation. Great wars raged here, far beyond your comprehension. Death has left its scar on this plane - and the sun has not shone here in many a-myriads. In your time I am known as the creator of worlds: but matter cannot be created, and with every beginning there must be an end. You should leave, there is work still to be done.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by trixtor Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:13 am

So *sniff* applicable.... "This world is beyond salvation"; yep, we're dead. "great wars raged here"; I didn't know flame wars were so esoteric. 'the sun has not shone..."; It's online. "creator of worlds"; the empty lord is more of the destroyer type (lol). "matter cannot be created"; Runescape physics are... odd to say the least, Einstein's theories don't apply here. "with every beginning there must be an end"; Nuclear warfare? Entropy? Bilderbergers? (lol). "you should leave"; I feel so, so unwanted Sad Cry
trixtor
trixtor
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:16 am

The Empty Lord has never destroyed anything notable. Tongue

Matter cannot created doesn't really comply with laws of physics, especially when they are changing all the time. Wink

Old quote is old, I was digging through the old thread. Grin
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by trixtor Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:52 am

I've posted the possibility of a new thread on the RS forums.
trixtor
trixtor
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:02 am

Okay what the hell...did I kill this? I'll try and write a rough draft of my section by tomorrow...Throw me another one if you want.
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by trixtor Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:09 am

Yay; my idiotic comments haven't doomed this quest! Do whatever other one you want (if you want to, of course).
trixtor
trixtor
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:41 am

I don't know what happened, actually. Confuse
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin