The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mythics: Stagnant Discussion

+8
Dragon78114
Sir Kandarin
TATORZ
Jeeves
Dark Avorian
Ruy112
trixtor
The Empty Lord
12 posters

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

Mythics: Stagnant Discussion - Page 17 Empty Mythics: Stagnant Discussion

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:06 am

First topic message reminder :

I've changed the title of the thread because the apostrophe wouldn't behave. Mythics: Stagnant Discussion - Page 17 612280

The twelve labours, inspired by both mythology and our unofficial mascot Dark Sylvania;

Nemean lionNemyonGuantletsWritten by Jeeves.
Lernaean hydraLernosDiademWritten by Jeeves.
Cerinean hindCerinaHelm
Erymanthian boarErymontAxe-hammerWritten by Jeeves.
Augean stablesAugoHelmWritten by Trixtor.
Stymphalian birdsStympho
Creten bullCretosMace
Mares of DiomedesTrace
Shield of HippolytaHippolytaRising Sun
Cattle of GeryonGeryon
Apples of the HesperidesLadonGolden Apple
CerberusCerberusStaff/Whip

Mythics: Stagnant Discussion - Page 17 Flames_of_Lloigh-enn

Timeline of the Mythics' Quest;
• Grandeur, the gateway to the Mythics' Guild, must be appeased. The requirements for this section are merely the skill requirements for the quest, having completed the Legends' Quest and having a certain number of quest points. The plinth that Grandeur stands on has three icons connected by rivulets. You need them all to light up.
• Through the gateway you can see the image above, basically. Only, the warrior is also a statue and facing the other way. These thirteen statues are, in effect, Hercules and the twelve labours. Accompanying them is a fourth character, imposing as a thirteenth labour - Durial, our antagonist.
• "Herclues" will introduce the labours, and what they are for. It should be noted that the labours themselves, and Herclues, are irrelevant to the quest at the moment. Players can complete them now or later. It should also be noted that Hercules does not mention Durial, our 13th Labour. Trying to make him stick out.
• Each labour would be based on the labours from Greek Mythology. This is the guild of Mythics after all, and Greek wouldn't be the only source when we finally have access to the guild. "Completing a labour" involves retrieving a lost relic that has been hidden in your time. These tasks take place in both RuneScape, and bespoke instances.
• Durial requires three items; the Blades of Eleyon, the Cloak of Shadows and the Potion of Vulnerability. Each item will require utmost knowledge of RuneScape, as no requirements are officially given. This quest may seem long - but the labours aren't required at this point.
• After obtaining all three items for Durial he will exit the guild - returning to his own time. In the same cinematic, future-you will arrive; panting hysterically and cursing that he took too long (mentioning something about other future-yous and how he failed to improve... which you will also say).
• Future-you, though you don't know it yet, will tell you what you need to do next; which of the three labours you should complete. You require the Rising Sun, the Hydra's Diadem, and something defensive to counter the Blades of Eleyon. Future-you will also tell you what Durial's true intentions are.
• After having obtained these, your next mission is to activate the Chronarch's Throne, an altar capable of reversing the flow of time within the guild. *insert more on this segment*.
• Successfully rewinding time, you most exit the guild into the past and locate Durial. The fight will be epic... think Nomad, just harder (or perhaps not, Dark's still killing himself trying to kill Nomad). During this fight Durial will accuse you of being Guthix, among other interesting foods-of-thought.
• Return to the guild and fast-forward to the present. On your way to Grandeur, to speak with your future-self, you will notice two omens - Durial and yourself. Panicking, you run forward to try and stop yourself handing Durial the items. You will, of course, fail... and, well, you can probably see where I'm going.
• This segment is surprisingly easy, merely tell your past-you what to do.

The quest needs to end somewhere. Possibly when you exit the Guild and Grandeur's gargoyles will laugh at you, seemingly aware of you you'd just done. Or... the moment you return to the present it's quest-over, with aiding past-you merely being a required postal-script. I suppose that's the only issue with having a quest with no true questmaster. Mythics: Stagnant Discussion - Page 17 49087

February 14th, 2010;
Spoiler:
February 13th, 2010;
Spoiler:
October 1st, 2009;
Spoiler:

Last edited by 3mptylord on Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:28 am; edited 25 times in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Mythics: Stagnant Discussion - Page 17 Empty Re: Mythics: Stagnant Discussion

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:16 am

Grin

The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:04 pm

So we've got most of the pre-release stuff set...just some final stuff to determine about requirements.

The 500th (or whatever) QP quest is released, the final requirement is unlocked, the gate is opened! We step inside and find ourselves on that pathway we talked about with the twelve statues lining the side. Herclues (?) steps off his plinth and explains to us what's going on here. What exactly *is* going on here? I remember we switched them from being requirements to just sort of optional things...so maybe these could be whatever it was I had Durial talking about earlier? I dunno what we're doing with this.

Durial blocks our way into the Guild, claiming we need to stop the Graats from rampaging and we need to get X, Y, and Z for him in order to stop it. We willingly oblige.
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Number of posts : 606

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:19 pm

Blades of Eleyon - not written?
Shadow Cloak - not written?
Potion of Mortality
- Pure Ectoplasm - written, but lost
- Bloodyield - written, but lost
- Solid Bit - not written?
- Bathed in Starlight - not written?
- Boiled in Hellfire - not written?

All the things that Durial needs that we can find back in Gielinor. These should be written before we do anything else!!!!
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:46 am

Jeeves wrote:We step inside and find ourselves on that pathway we talked about with the twelve statues lining the side. Herclues (?) steps off his plinth and explains to us what's going on here. What exactly *is* going on here? I remember we switched them from being requirements to just sort of optional things...so maybe these could be whatever it was I had Durial talking about earlier? I dunno what we're doing with this.

Durial blocks our way into the Guild, claiming we need to stop the Graats from rampaging and we need to get X, Y, and Z for him in order to stop it. We willingly oblige.

Heracles doesn't have to step off the plinth, when I wrote his dialogue I just imagined we were talking to the statue. But ah well, either which really. Tongue

Jeeves wrote:Blades of Eleyon - not written?
Shadow Cloak - not written?
Potion of Mortality
- Pure Ectoplasm - written, but lost
- Bloodyield - written, but lost
- Solid Bit - not written?
- Bathed in Starlight - not written?
- Boiled in Hellfire - not written?

All the things that Durial needs that we can find back in Gielinor. These should be written before we do anything else!!!!

Yep, seems a good place to start. Wink
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:48 pm

Well, seeing as I'm doing nothing but playing Pokemon now, I might put some of this on hiatus for a bit... Tongue
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:50 pm

Brain = fucked.
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Number of posts : 955

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:56 am

Why you mindfucked? Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:28 pm

-------------------------------
BLOODYIELD
You: So for this potion...

Durial: Yes?

You: I need an herb of the flesh...

Durial: Yes?

You: How does Guam sound?

Durial: You foo-...I mean, no, I do not believe...*Guam* would satisfy the requirements for the potion.

You: Oh, so something more like Marrentill, then?

Durial (trying hard not to stab you): No, I'm thinking maybe something more...sinister. An herb that grows in blood instead of water, maybe? Or one that takes root inside a man's body?

You: How horrible!

Durial (under his breath): I'll show *you* horrible...

Having learned of the existence of herbs of the flesh, our hero wracked his brains trying to think of all the locations where blood ran rampant. Perhaps this new guild wasn't worth all this effort after all. But then, the clouds of confusion parted! New thoughts streamed in! Our hero recalled his unfortunate encounters in Meiyerditch, the city of vampires and vampyres and vampiyres and who knows what else. Without further ado, he made his terrifying way east, east into Morytania.

1. Once in Meiyerditch, scour the city streets until you find a small trickle of blood coming from an alleyway somewhere. There could be any number of these little trickles scattered around, and they all flow to the same place. Over time, the trickle will join up with other small flows to become a larger one and, finally, that will join up with others to create a small river flowing down the curb of the Meiyerditch streets.

2. The blood river ends when it flows into a small grate in the ground, dumping the horrible contents fathoms below the city streets. Search around nearby to find the Sewer Entrance. Going down through here will put you in the normal sewer level. Unfortunately, the blood runs much deeper than this level. The many blood pools that form underneath the sewer grates in the city all slowly flow with the normal sewer currents. Following these small trails and eddies will eventually lead you to a crack in the floor that all the blood seems drawn to.

3. Using a pickaxe on the crack breaks it open, causing the blood to rush down in a torrent. Unfortunately, you are dragged with it! The sub-sewer you fall into seems terribly ancient, the product of a sadistic mind with a penchant for blood storage. The room you land in is square and small with only a small smattering of blood covering the floor. Every surface is made of red brick, although whether the red is from the material or the blood of centuries is uncertain.

4. The room has four exits, each leading off into some dingy, narrow corridor that undoubtedly ends in another room just as small and square as this one. In the past, these rooms must surely have been used by the vampyres to store the blood of hundreds of thousands of wretched citizens. Since lost to the annals of legend, the chambers have bled dry, feeding the earth what was stolen from it. Now, only few of the chambers remain full of the blood that once coursed through the subterranean veins of Meiyerditch.

5. Subsequent searching of the rooms reveals that certain corridors are closed off by metal gates, stretching from the very top to the very bottom. These appear quite impassable, although they might be movable via some contraption. Conveniently enough, some of the accessible rooms contain small wheel-like devices in the center of the floor. Spinning these raises and lowers certain gates, no doubt meant as a way of keeping the blood in the tanks at an even level in antiquity. Now, however, it provides an easy way of moving about.

6. When blood rushes from one chamber to another, your speed is cut in half and you suffer from something called "disgust," an ailment that prevents you from eating any food or drinking any potions. The presence of several Festering Blood creatures (level 45) make this a particularly bothersome ailment, as these must be killed or else they will follow you.

7. After raising and lowering several gates, you find yourself in a chamber rather loftier than the others. Having descended farther and farther during your escapades in the Blood Catacombs, it's no surprise that this chamber appears to stretch up quite far. Closer investigation of the room reveals that the chamber stretches *down* quite a ways as well. A set of rough stairs can be seen hewn into the wall, leading up and down. Unfortunately, the presence of the blood on the floor prevents you from making your way down (You: I am *not* going to swim down there.).

8. The problem lies in draining the rest of the blood from the room in question. There are gates further below the blood level, but you don't know which wheels open or close them, since you have no way of looking to see what happens. Only through vicious trial and error can you successfully drain the chamber of blood *and* leave a path open for you to climb down the stairs.

9. At the bottom of the chamber, a rough corridor stretches into the gloomy distance; clearly this one was not made by the vampyres of old. At the end of the passage, dripping with blood and...other things, you find a small circular chamber that seems to be made of earth rather than brick. In the center of the room, sitting in a pool of fetid black blood, is a small red herb. Attempting to pick said herb results in a level 158 (or something) Bloodwyrm rising up from the pool to attack!

10. The Bloodwyrm, like the Festering Blood creatures, was created by the hatred and spite left behind by so many centuries of bad blood. What was once perhaps a simple worm is now an evil monster, having gorged itself for centuries on the sacred stores. Now, it moves silently through the bloodied earth, catching what few drops of the once-rushing blood it had come to need. The fight, due to the lingering presence of "disgust" is a hard one, but not entirely impossible. Once dead, the worm explodes in a shower of blood and guts, leaving behind the humble herb. Picking it loosens the surrounding earth.

11. A single step at this point is enough to collapse the ground on which you stand, weakened by the fight with the Bloodwyrm and the removal of the Bloodyield that gave it some sort of arcane strength. The ground gives way underneath you, and you tumble down and down, bumping and jolting your way to the cold water below! From your landing in the underground cave, it's a short swim out to the ocean surrounding Meiyerditch.

Our hero, having overcome the horrors below Meiyerditch, returned bloody and battered to The Gate, ready to face the misguided anger of Durial.

You: I found the herb! I had to go into Meiyerditch and-

Durial: Good good, hand it over.

You (upset): But don't you want to know what I did?

Durial: Er...we need to take care of the Graats first! After that, you can tell me *all* about it.
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:24 pm

------------------------------
HELLFIRE AND DAMNATION!
------------------------------
You: So that's it?

Durial: Not quite! We need to finally boil the potion in hellfire before it's complete!

You (cheerily): Oh, well, I'll just find a volcano or a dungeon and toss it in!

Durial: Bumbling baboon! Haven't you ever considered the fact that such a...potent potion must have equally potent sources? Haven't you been paying attention at *all* to what you've been doing??

You: Hey, I don't see any Graats. Where'd they all go? Can we go in yet?

Durial (furious): No! They turned invisible because they could smell my rage!

You: Oh my! Well, where can I find this special hellfire?

Durial (scathingly): Perhaps you should start by looking in the deepest, darkest pit you can possibly find.

Having been thus berated and instructed, our hero gallantly set off, potion in hand, to perform the last of the tasks necessary to rid the Guild of its Graat infestation. His initial thoughts as to where to find hellfire had been brutally rejected by the strange man at the bridge, but now, armed with the knowledge that he had to find the deepest, darkest hole in the land and cast himself into it, he was ready to face all odds! Onward, brave hero! Onward to...the Underground Pass?

1. After traversing the Underground Pass through any means, you arrive at the Temple of Iban, a system of connected stone pillars surrounded by an impenetrable darkness. At the bottom of the pillars, as is well-known to all who have braved its depths, is nothing but an empty area filled with the soulless creatures of Iban's creation.

MORE TO COME

Or you guys can write some if you want. Tongue
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:59 am

Good thus far, but is Durial actually going to be who we ask for help? Smile
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:13 am

Probably not, but I just figured that there should be an option to say "hey, what do we need for this thing?" and he'd give you his best guess. Tongue
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:53 am

The messing about with time hurt my head. The labors sound cool though.
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:28 pm

Hehe, time is fun. Smile
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:58 pm

Tongue Tell me about it. Right now, I think we have a scene where we need three other incarnations of ourselves in various stages of time in order to operate a single machine that transports us all backward and forward.

----------------------------------------------------------

2. Careful observance of the walls surrounding the Temple area will reveal a crack that has presumably just been created in the walls (or perhaps we've just been too focused on killing the son of Zamorak last time we were here. Either way, the wall is cracked and there simply *has* to be something behind there. Search the bottoms of the scattered pillars for your solution.

3. After finding the proper pillar that has to be chiseled away in order to fall and smash open the rest of the cracked wall, simply take a pickaxe and go to town! Before too long, the pillar should topple and break a hole in the wall. A small agile climb up the fallen pillar should place you right at the entrance to a narrow pathway, covered up by ancient rubble. Evidently there was some passage back here that was covered up.

4. Follow the passage for some way, watching as torch brackets on the walls light up (probably by some magical means) as you near them. At the end of the tunnel is some rickety old elevator contraption. A simple rope and pulley system stretches up the shaft, does some sort of fiddly bits no doubt that you can't see, and finally stretches back down to lay in a coil at the entrance to the elevator. Going down is achieved by bringing the rope onto the elevator and slowly letting it go. Going up is achieved by pulling on the rope. The reason for this elevator is likely nothing good. The passage was sealed up by either Iban or the elves long ago, leading you to believe that only horror and hellfire can reside in the depths of the Underground Pass.

5. For no reason other than because you have a vague idea that maybe there will be something useful at the bottom of this death trap, step onto the elevator and grab the rope. You'll have two options at this point: pull or release. Pulling makes you pull the rope (duh) and releasing makes you let a little bit of the rope slide through your fingers.

6. Pulling on the rope only lets you go up so far before you run into a locked "trapdoor" above your head. Many planks of wood span the entire shaft, but a certain section seems to have a release mechanism triggered by a key of sorts. Naturally, you don't have the key. Going down, then, seems to be your only option. Slowly start releasing the rope to ease your way down the shaft to whatever bottom there might be.

7. As you go deeper and deeper, the shrieks of buried soulless scream out to you through the rock and dirt. Evidently this area was used by Iban (or some other, greater evil) to bury failed "experiments." Now, only their ancient cries echo through the fatal shaft. The lower you go, the more piercing the screams become until finally, you can almost hear the bodies of the tormented souls pounding on the rock inches away from you in an effort to break through.

8. Just as you're starting to get used to the noise, the wall in front of you cracks and bursts open! Out spills a Soulless Monster, howling with pain and joy at finally being free from its prison. While normally creatures without souls wouldn't be able to bring themselves to commit such an act, the failure to remove the entire soul coupled with years and years of isolation brought this particular one to the edge of desperation. Its first act of freedom is naturally to swipe out at you and severe the elevator rope.

9. Down the elevator plummets! In the meantime, in its second act of freedom, the Monster decides to utterly finish off its savior and rip you into many pieces. This fight (against a level...let's say 50 monster) is one of survival. There's no real way to kill the thing since it has majorly high defense and health, but that's okay. You're in an elevator plummeting down a shaft at terminal velocity, so there really isn't too much to worry about. Simply stay alive long enough for the two of you to hit rock bottom.

10. Eventually, after plummeting for far too long, a cutscene takes over. The elevator shoots downward, torches flickering off just as quick as they flicker magically to life as you whip past them. The Monster struggles to rip you from limb from limb, and *you* struggle to keep yourself whole. Suddenly, the ground around you shatters! The elevator has plunged right through the planks that signaled the "bottom" of the shaft! The Monster, speared by splinters the size of your leg, slowly bleeds out and tumbles over the side of the elevator. Now surely rushing to meet the unknown horrors that the elevator builders discovered and blocked off, you resign yourself to death and cry in the corner. The torches soon vanish from the walls. All is black.

11. With an almighty crash,the elevator bursts apart on the bedrock, flinging wood, rope, and adventurer every which way! There is definitely some damage done to you, but the splattered bits of Monster softened your fall, much to your disgust. There is no light in the depths of the shaft. Any light source you have with you is instantly blown out by some...thing hidden away in the corridors that spawn from the location. All you have to go on is your sense of touch.

12. Going through a maze with your eyes wide open is a hard enough feat to accomplish, but doing one in pitch black is even harder. Whatever was buried down here was meant to *stay* buried. By feeling the walls around you, however, and noting where gaps occur, you can start to piece together an accurate picture of what the maze looks like. But where exactly are you trying to get to?

---------------------------------------------------

Well, that's enough for tonight. Tongue
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:37 am

13. Finally, the passages seem to grow a little brighter. Some light source is illuminating the passages in the distance. After going through a few more twists and turns (now using your regained sight), you find yourself standing on the brink of a terrifying precipice; a small bit of rock, no more than a few feet wide, sticks out over a sea of raging black fire. Eerie black light is cast from the sea and barely illuminates the gigantic cavern. Rickety catwalks and scaffolding marks the way down to the "ground."

14. As you make your way slowly down the abandoned cavern, you notice cells hewn into the rock wall around you. Each cell is filled with the howls of failed experiments similar to the one that destroyed the elevator. Fortunately, the rock walls erected in front of these cells seem to be holding steadily. As you near the ground, you notice something that will dreadfully hinder your quest: a gigantic wall! The last people to enter this chamber made sure that no one could reach the black fires; they erected an enormous stone wall, too tall and wide for anyone to breach. With no foreseeable way to the hellfire, make your despondent way back up the scaffolding.

15. But what's this?! The fire below suddenly sparks, lighting up more of the ceiling of the cavern! Behold! Suspended above the ever-raging fires is a beast too terrible to comprehend; driven mad by Iban's continuous experiments and ripped nearly in two by his quest to separate soul and body, the poor beast, once the noble and proud king of the Pass, had to be chained up and suspended above the fires that rage from the depths of the Hell of Gielinor. Only by this means could the beast be kept from rampaging throughout the Pass. Now, *you* have arrived.

16. The chains holding the beast up can be raised and lowered according to some hidden mechanism. The purpose of this could only be to submit the beast to torture whenever the holders of the chain felt like it. However, if rigged appropriately, the chains and beast could be used as a sufficient means of conveyance to the fires below. (You: Right. This will definitely work.)

17. By following the chains, notice where they end up: "attached" to the chamber wall down by the erected stone wall. Closer investigation of the site reveals that the chain actually passes *through* the wall and continues further on. Not even your trusty pickaxe can make a dent in the small hole surrounding the chain, though, so search around the chamber for another way in.

18. As the moans of the suspended creature echo in your ears, the howls of the imprisoned rise! They seem to be able to feel its pain and are reacting as one with it. Perhaps this could be used to your advantage at some point?

19. As you walk up and down the scaffolds, peering closely at every crag lest it contain some secret to reaching the chain, you notice that one of the cells' walls is slightly damaged. This time, the pickaxe is good enough (and if you don't have one for some reason, bronze ones can be found scattered around.) A few hits is all it takes to break down the wall and reveal the scene within.

20. The poor creatures inside this cell were probably the most human out of all the buried ones; they must have retained some amount of sanity and sentience and tried to put it to use to break out. Right by the wall, hands little more than bleeding stumps, is a dead...man, killed trying to claw his way out of the tomb. In the corner, a frail husk is slowly scratching in the dirt with some sort of rake implement that seems to be made out of...his own fingers. The only other occupant of the room can be seen sticking out of a hole in the ground in the other corner. A closer look reveals that the last soulless is slowly digging through the dirt to try and reach (presumably?) the next cell over.

21. Follow in the brilliant thing's footsteps and start digging in the dirt. Unless you brought a shovel, you'll have to pickpocket a Digging Implement from the soulless digger. Funnily enough, this Digging Implement looks very similar to the one used by the shell in the other corner. Once you have something to use, start digging down!

22. By following the general curve and slope of the scaffolding, it's possible to reach the bottom floor without breaking into any of the other cells. Digging is done one square at a time, either up, down, left, right, front, or back. The cells are spaced just as they're seen from on the scaffolding with a few extra ones buried extra deep to make sure they don't get out. Inside the cells could be anything from dead corpses of ancient experiments to raging beasts, half-mad and half-alive. Eventually, after passing through however many cells, you will reach the chain room!
------------------------------------------

More to come sometime. Pleased
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:46 am

23. The chain is connected to some sort of gear/crank/mechanism thing that looks fairly impossible to operate. Through a means which shall not be explained here (leave that to Jagex/other people Tongue), you discover that you can raise and lower the chain by various increments (doing so saps your strength slowly, of course.) The only problem is that you can't see how high or low you raise or lower the chain with each...thing...of the mechanism. Only by guessing and checking can you successfully get the beast to the proper level in order for you to jump on.

24. After getting the beast to the right level to jump on, the next problem quickly becomes apparent...how to release the chain whilst on top of the beast. The easiest option is hack at the chains with your weapon until they break, sending you and the beast plummeting down into the hellfire below. The only other way is by tying approximately 50 Strings together, attaching it to the chain mechanism, and unraveling it in a line from the room up to the beast (one String covers one square, so it could actually be more like a hundred Strings.) Hacking at the chain requires significantly higher Attack and Strength, so the String, while taking longer, could be beneficial. NOTE: String can be found by searching the Craft Kit underneath one of the scaffolds. An infinite amount of String can be gotten by this method.

25. If doing the String method, climbing onto the beast and selecting Pull will cause the chain to release. If hacking at the chain, cutting through the chain will cause it to release itself. Either way, you and the beast both find your way rapidly plummeting towards the hellfire! After a quick drop and a sudden stop, you find the surrounding area quite warm, and the beast underneath you undulating in pain. Before it's too late, hold the potion over the flames! It'll boil almost instantaneously, giving you Durial's Potion! Huzzah!

26. CUTSCENE time! The beast beneath you bellows and wriggles, trying to break free of the few chains still holding it down. You, of course, hold onto the thing for dear life, praying that it doesn't toss you into the hellfire. As the beast gives a mighty howl, the camera pans around to show the entire cavern! The walls of the cells burst forth, and the soulless experiments shamble out to meet the call of their "leader," given power through his freedom. The beast itself seems to draw energy from their presence, and it shuffles forward, slamming into the containing wall. The flames of hell start licking up the sides of the beast towards you, doing small amounts of damage. Again and again, the beast slams into the wall, trying to break it down and escape into some unknown passage. From the other side of the wall, sounds of the weak creatures feebly scratching at the stones can be heard. The walls seem to be literally flowing with experiments! Suddenly, with a mighty crash, the beast breaks through the wall and tumbles forward to the safety of normal ground.

27. At this point, you gain control back. Leap down off the beast and start fighting your way through the soulless masses! The problem with this is that, while the masses themselves are easy, the hellfire is slowly climbing up the scaffolding and destroying it, forcing you to head up as quickly as possible while simultaneously killing everything in your path. As if that wasn't enough bother, once you're about halfway up, the beast rears up and starts pounding on the walls, which, if you're standing on scaffolding and not rock, instantly sends you howling into the fires below. NOTE: You'll just restart from the bottom of the cavern, not in Lumbridge or wherever.

28. Finally, you reach the comfort of the maze. The soulless reside even here, having burst forth from their tombs. Not only do you have to find your way back and kill the soulless, but the rubble from the tombs (and the resulting new paths) have changed the maze!

------------------------------------

MTC
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:05 am

29. To make matters worse, the beast has worked its way up to the maze with you! After a while, it starts to come after you. You have no idea where it is at any given time, so if you die instantly, you'll know that the beast found you. Eventually, you'll find your way back to the elevator shaft! The elevator is still broken, but there is a way up...

30. The walls here are sturdier than the walls down in the cavern. Only the fighting hands of the soulless within have broken out and are now sticking out into the middle of the shaft, spindly and useless. These limbs can be used to scale the shaft until you reach the top (or the former bottom that you broke through.) Spindlier limbs (ones that don't shake as you near them) will snap if you grab onto them, sending you plummeting down into the jaws of the beast who, naturally, is snapping at the bottom of the shaft and trying to climb after you. NOTE: The camera is dramatically located above you at this point in order to showcase the fearsome beast gaining on you!

31. Eventually, if you don't die in the shaft, you'll reach the wooden floor that you previously plummeted through on the elevator. There are no more hands for you to grab, so hurry to your feet and sprint down the new passage before the beast catches up! Thankfully, the magically lighting torches make a reappearance here. After running for far too long, you find yourself in an area that looks like nothing you've ever seen. Odd stone basins litter the ground, shattered glass and rock chips are strewn everywhere, and more than a few bones can be seen amid the rubble. Clearly nothing happy happened here.

32. Investigation of the room and some of the corpses scattered around will reveal that this room was where the last of Iban's failed experiments took place. This was where the worst of the worst failures happened and were permanently locked up. These ones weren't to be holed up in walls or chained above hellfire, though. This failure was of a different kind...

33. There's no time for discovery, however, with the beast's shrieks ringing in your ears (You: There's no time for discovery!), so make your way to the end of the room, open the door, and sprint up the stairs. A secret rock (deus ex machina...) slides open at the end to dump you out back in Iban's Temple area, safe and sound!

Our hero waltzed back to Durial, Graak Potion in hand. With a smile wider than...something very wide, he handed the potion triumphantly to the stoic man standing on the bridge.

Durial: You look like hell.

You: Oh, shut up. Just get rid of the Graats.

Durial: Jeeze, I try to lighten the mood just *once* and you get snappy..

END OF HELLFIRE BIT

Let me know if it's good or not. Tongue
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:37 pm

Don't suppose anyone knows more about the Blades of Eleyon than I do? Neutral Care to write that bit?
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:03 am

Very nice segment. Smile

The Blades of Eleyon is a single of Kratos' Blades of Athena (from God of War), a chain dagger. The blade is connected to the hilt via a magical chain that allows the weapon to flail around. Smile
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:38 pm

Hm...think I might take the Shadow Cloak segment instead. Tongue I'll let someone else take the Blades.
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:27 am

From our discussion: How the labors play in.

Against the Cloak: The Great Bow: Stymphalian Birds, Boar, Cerberus, and Hydra

The Boar's tusks and sinew are fashioned into a bow, imbued with the power of cerberus it can attack even the intangible, for cerberus's teeth are capable of shredding souls. The Stymphalian birds, once dead and in rigor mortis, form perfect arrows, and with their beaks dipped in hydra venom, they can harm durial and shred with cloak wiht the glistening of their wings.

Against the Blades: Luck, Speed and Armour: The Lion, the Hind, The Mares, and The Girdle

The Girdle and Lion skin form an impressive armour against the blades, once imbued with the speed of the hind and luck of the mare's horseshoes, you will be as equipped as you ever can be against the Blades of Eleyon

Against the Potion: Cleansing, Power, and Balance: The Bull, the Cattle, the Apples, and The Stables

To restore Guthix you must cleanse him, restore his power, and return his place in the pantheon. The river's cleansing water will serve for the first, the mystical apples for the second, and the bull's blood mixed with the cows' milk will give him balance.
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:57 pm

Since you've said how we can't use Durial, how about:
Adam - the first man, he's from the 0th Age
Gilgamesh, or some variation - the first hero, ie warrior
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:23 pm

Nice passage Dark, aside from the last bit. The potion is never used on Guthix, it's used on ourselves as Durial believes us to be Guthix - what having traversed time and all.

@Handeth, I can actually see Adam working. Tongue

Ooh, Jeeves, I just thought. Perhaps to add some speculation to a future quest, one which we don't have to write but the plot-device is there, how about one of the echoes/omens who aid in activating the Chronarch's Throne are never identified? During the course of the quest players will likely lose track, but in retrospect players will notice that said character spoke to us but we never spoke as them during the quest. Smile
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:45 pm

okay, and as I said in the chat while you blithely playe minecraft, it still works if we apply it to us.
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:39 am

The what now?

Also I don't play that much minecraft...

The plan has always been that the potion is used on us, Guthix doesn't feature in the quest aside from a segment of dialogue at the end (if we choose to use it, else not at all).
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:35 am

Durial could be anyone...so long as they have a reasonable reason for why their home was destroyed.

I like Dark's idea for how to counteract all the things we got for Durial, but we would need to come up with a reason as to *why* the rewards from the Labors turn out to be *exactly* what we need. And, if we do go with that, I'd still like to try and work in a time-travel segment somewhere. Tongue

And having a mysterious omen/echo is always a good idea! Once people remember that they never said any of that stuff, they'll start thinking that maybe we go back or else they're some big important dude we haven't met or who knows what! Pleased
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next