The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[P] The Forerunner

+4
Duskcurse
Ruy112
Zectiox
The Empty Lord
8 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

[P] The Forerunner - Page 4 Empty [P] The Forerunner

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:16 am

First topic message reminder :

The Forerunner
Discussion on the Forerunner, the Creators, the Builders; those who existed before the Dwallow, whose disappearance is a mystery but whose remains is a way of life.

I came across this image whilst browsing games and thought it'd be amazing if there were a couple of cities that have fallen into disarray, would provide excellent scenary and a different style of location for training.

[P] The Forerunner - Page 4 346630ss4_502w

Dark's "The Mouths of the Creators" refine clouds and transport the water via aqueducts. But yeah, discussion. Grin

Last edited by 3mptylord on Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:24 am; edited 2 times in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

[P] The Forerunner - Page 4 Empty Re: [P] The Forerunner

Post by Zectiox Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:03 am

its just awesome ;D

heeey, what if the forerunners faces could look like your avatar?... with a different costume though, but the faces, some could be red, blue, white, grey, black, yellow... and green... then they maybe could have like, something before the eye-part of the face, just to hide their "eyes" even if they really doenst show them usual... as it is... mystic... Tongue

Zectiox
Advocate

Number of posts : 743

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:23 am

Perhaps an ecosuit? Designed because they have terrible immune systems. Tongue

Mass Effect ftw. Smile
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:04 am

that could be a solution.... it is like their are aliens... coming to pallis and notice that they cant walk around, without a ecosuit... Tongue
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:47 am

I've really intrigued myself with the random piece of fabric that perpetually supports itself. Wink
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:22 am

anyone intresting to make a Forerunner? with a piece of Fabric over the eyes? maybe a little bit mistpeople, half-human half-something else. idk.. make suggestions!

Head: the face would have a piece of fabric over the eyes, as the look of a blind man, but actually they maybe only hiding their original eyes. The nose are flat as the mouth. Some of the forerunners have long black hair that, with the wind, are standing back as streams of water.

Top: The forerunners are either in heavy cloth robes or "naked" with only the chest with the forerunner symbol burned on the stomach. The arms of a forerunner is like a old man, grey and burned but sometimes completly shiny.

Lowerbody: The could a) have a lowerbody considering of a smoking shadow, as they walk the shadow are sweaping around the area, making everything either frozen or half burned.

or b) humanlike legs and in somekind of old pants, and old shoes. And having a frozen walk when they are trying to get somewhere (if seen in these days)

or c) some kind of other creature legs.

suggestions suggestions Tongue
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:58 am

Definitely not half human! There are no humans on Pallis, so nothing can be half human. Things may take human form (from the perspective of the developers), but they that'd make no sense. Tongue

I don't think we have to see their legs, or any of them, in any particular detail. We only really need anatomy, then the relays could just glitch them up. Smile

I know what you're trying to describe though. Pleased
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:11 am

Perhaps the forerunner isn't organic. It may have a more energetic presence, a form of energy that sweeps over the world, like the aurora.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 2641

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:47 am

I'm not sure how technologically advanced a species would be that has no physical presence.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:10 am

Energy can exist in any form, light, heat or as a living presence. The forerunner may have only occupied physical being for a short while, but sufficiently enough for its work to be done.

Energy is never simply created or destroyed, merely converted from one form to another. A being of energy, free energy, would have just become physical bioenergy at one stage to do its work, subsequently returning to energy once more. Hence why the only physical evidence of the forerunner is in the remnants of its ideas, not in a solid body.

The Sol may have been an early attempt at creating a form of life, almost identical to itself. The forerunner couldn't perfect an energy shifting being, only one that can live off pure energy of almost any form. That is presumably how the Sol came into being, as their origins and means of evolution are unknown. Despite their longevity, not one Sol that is alive today knows, many mysteries are left to be solved.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:51 am

Nah, I'd rather a more organic life form.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:01 am

soo... to the real Forerunner... they are... organic... flesh and blood?... something like that...

What kind of Roles do the Forerunners have? like the Priests (who do the BIG stuff) the Guardians (who protect things) and Workers (who build the Forerunner buildings)

The Priest
The Guardians
The Workers

its like the... old european "people" system with the king on the top and the peasants at the bottom.

Just simple roles, not that advanced. Workers builds and gathers resourchers. The priests do the work in the buildings and are the leader of rituals etc. The guardians are working like a small army or force of security.

The Symbols of the Forerunners:

to see a difference between the forerunners, why not having symbols for each of them, now we may got three symbols. One for the Priests, one for the soldiers and one for the workers. some basic circles and shapes over the other idk. Ideas?

The faces of the Forerunners:

Okey, my idea was to have a simple shaved head with a fabric cloth thing that is about 70% over the actual face. On the fabric it could have the symbol of knowing to which role they are belonging too.

The priests could have a simple but "rich" fabric with not so much detailed little things on it. The soldier could have like somekind of square-looking eyes that are bending out from the fabric cloths. and it goes red if it is attacking, green if it is protecting... (too much related to robots?)

The workers could have a old and really used fabric, where everything is quite... "broken" in a other word ;D

just some suggestions ;D
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:12 am

I still don't think we need anything regarding the forerunner as they are extinct, and long since. Tongue

It's all well and good having these symbols, but we'll never see them. Wink

Very nice though, don't get me wrong.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:25 am

:'| why not having the symbols as a "lost language" Tongue over some forerunnish buildings, we do know what it means but not the dwallows nor anyone else Tongue
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:13 am

Zetinox, this species doesn't exist anymore. Their society is gone. All that is left are the building they built and the Mouths of the Creator.

(3dit: And a few other things Tongue)

But I'll draw something and you and 3mpty can comment.

EDIT:: I also think it is rather lazy to leave their history blank even if they do not exist anymore. I mean the Ancient Greeks have ceased to exist, but we still revel in their history. And to make a quest out of the Forerunner, you kinda have to 'accidentally' delve into their history. Perhaps you intentionally uncover a city in Mogrul territory that is still in near-perfect condition. Don't get me wrong, they will all be dead, but it will be like a Pompeii of the Forerunner. But perhaps it could spark a conflict with the Dragons around this territory because this city lies in a cave directly above a magical vein that the Dragons wish to harvest.
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1668

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:41 am

Now with that in mind. I have an idea for Forerunner history AND their extermination:

The city uncovered in Mogrul Territory was a cultural hub of the race- not necessarily the governmental centre- it had its own Mouth and had a vast populace. At the time of its creation, the world of Pallis had no giant cracks or fissures on its land. This newly formed planet was made up of very dense and brittle rock that unfortunately couldn't take the strain of having the magic run through its crust and, well, cracked in the more fragile areas. Now before I discuss that, the Forerunners loved to settle in areas they felt had the closest connection to the magic beneath them and established their cities. Also, the areas with the highest concentration of magical energy were also the most fragile in its physical state.

Well, back to the story, for a few decades before their demise was this strange surge of this energy developing. Across Pallis, the Forerunner enjoyed great prosperity with all of the influx of magic. So years past, and the magic supply became more and more concentrated and vast so much that the crust couldn't take it, and the ground cracked. Massive fissures destroyed the once perfect landscape across the land, killing nearly everyone in the cities. And for those who survived could not have a ready supply of water since the Mouths stopped working. And it took a matter of a few years to kill off the rest due the scarcity of their numbers and eventually became extinct.

Now these Mouths of the Creator are now working. How? Somehow right before the last of the Forerunner died, the springs started flowing again. It is said that the very last Forerunner tried to make it to the Mouth, but was too parched to continue and sadly died thirsty and miserable.

There. That is your destruction story of the Forerunner.
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:05 am

The forerunner infrastructure works because it has diminor crawling all over it trying to keep a patchwork of magic held together.
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:50 am

Nice story Dragon, but I'm not quite sure it's the cataclysmic end I was going for. Maybe that could be the backstory of that one city, but the Forerunner were eradicated - organisms were destroyed, but their infrastructure bares almost no evidence of a struggle. Whatever happened, it's something that will happen again - so has to pose as an end-game type story. Tongue

Currently the forerunner have little in mogrul territory. Theory 1 is simply that the mogrul did not care for it and it's all just been lost to time; theory 2, they never settled in the northern regions, or not the extent of the south.

Now, my lore behind theory 2 is that the forerunner designated the northern planes for careless use... or rather, not so much careless, as they can be more violent to the land without endangering the people. It was in the northern lands that they built their drills to extract magic, some of few relics of theirs still visible in the northern lands (and not found anywhere else); and the cracks are much wider as if excavated. They knew the magic was potent and deadly. It's possible, however, that they did populate the north... and that their drills going into meltdown merely irradiated all evidence of this.

I'd like for theories to exist, since the forerunner are so ancient. Study of history on Pallis is slow or, at least, study of greater history (that being beyond local past). The Dwallow, being creatures who almost worship the forerunner (in more of a respect sense than a god sense), are some of few who actually explore their past - even the diminor are more interested in understanding known technology than exploring why it's abandoned for them to use. And since dwallow thinkers are so rare, and with other vocations such as science and art, historians come few and far apart. Smile

But having a couple of Pompeys would probably be good, since their other cities aren't really buried or fully derelict (since the diminor inhibit them) - something buried but still as it was left is as close to some true discoveries as we'll get. Smile
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:52 pm

Hmm... Dark made a mention that the Diminor knew about three preserved corpses of the Forerunner in the middle of the Dark Sea?

Perhaps they are knowledgeable of the Forerunner past, make sure what artifacts get shown as they fear that if the Dwallow think, instability will arise. Thus, finding the few Pompeii-like cities is very, very rare and will be extremely controversial.
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:49 pm

The Sol song is one of the most complex lyrical developments ever heard, some sounds unpronouncable in almost any tongue. Deciphering it has proven difficult, and the Sol explain not its meaning. So far this is what was found in the chorus.

Forerunner is not of this plane,
Bringing sun and rain.
Remnants of its work like sand so fine,
As it watches and works beyond our time.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:11 am

I don't think having four bodies who send those who see them insane counts for much. Also, they may have died before the cataclysm/apocalypse... or, knowing they didn't have much time before whatever reached them (perhaps it spread, rather than hit everywhere at once, whatever it is) and they locked themselves in a deathstate, and had their tombs cast into the sea. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

[P] The Forerunner - Page 4 Empty Its Blackpsych(Thats right Im back)

Post by Psych Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:57 pm

I know I am very in and out of the forums, for that I am srry. But Forerunner as a creating species is the Story of the Halo series, and I want to add this to the discussion considering that this is on some other subject, did bungie create their universe based on what u guys are discussing, I have not read the whole thread so I am probably missing the entire point of the thread
Anonymous
Psych

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:06 pm

Forerunner means to come before, it bares little to no relation on Bungie and Halo.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:42 am

great stories and theories both 3mpty and dragon (and dark for the diminor activity on the structures)

one thing, for the present inhabitants of Pallis that know about "forerunners" are calling them "the people who came before" or simple Forerunners. What if the forerunners called themself something else? What may we not know, but think of it as something mystical. Even if these structions have some sort of hidden language written on them (some sort of symbols) we may not know what it is about, we maybe not know even that there is any of these symbols. Maybe only few diminors knows about these or old thinkers of the dwallow?

"we" in the text above is related to the player who will later play it. We as everyone here on the forum could know about it. Every culture or civilization that has exist have left something behind, bricks with symbols on, or in this part, structions, that the diminors have starting to use. So, is it possible that the "forerunners" or whatever they called themself left something else than just the mouths and the other structions to the diminors and dwallos (and/or to mogruls) to use? Tongue

Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:59 am

Zectiox wrote:one thing, for the present inhabitants of Pallis that know about "forerunners" are calling them "the people who came before" or simple Forerunners. What if the forerunners called themself something else? What may we not know, but think of it as something mystical. Even if these structions have some sort of hidden language written on them (some sort of symbols) we may not know what it is about, we maybe not know even that there is any of these symbols. Maybe only few diminors knows about these or old thinkers of the dwallow?

Of course the Forerunners called themselves differently, but no one existing in Pallis knows of what they called themselves. I mean really, they don't know they will become extinct and particularly know that a civilization will supersede them.

Instead they probably had many indecipherable languages because I mean a culture spread out across the planet cannot possibly be under a homogenized language. However, they probably could use a lingua franca to communicate with each other for things that dealt internationally.
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:17 am

yea, thought of having some "secret" stuff in the inside content just for fun ;D
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:39 am

I'm sure some would be translated. Smile
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin