The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We should raid the RuneScape Forums!

+7
Jeeves
Duskcurse
Dark Avorian
MorbiusMonster
Slayer Noir
Handeath
The Empty Lord
11 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

We should raid the RuneScape Forums! Empty We should raid the RuneScape Forums!

Post by The Empty Lord Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:11 am

I was thinking that we should raid the RuneScape Forums... with SUGGESTIONS! And use the prefix [TSS] to identify who we are.

We've been busy bees lately, and my Threads Profile is getting empty so I'm assuming that most of our old ideas have bean eaten... when better to revive them?

We could even transpose a few of our smaller, more handleable projects over and get some fresh eyes!

Whatcha think? Smile

The Army
Glossary of Suggestions!

Completed;
• Conjuring
• Gnomeball
• The Pirate King

Close to completion;
• Demonology
• Interactive Combat

Completion is possible;
• Homecoming Apocalypse
• Mythics' Quest
• Dungeoneering Expanse

Completion unlikely;
• Pallis, the Other World
• The Svet Triology

Last edited by 3mptylord on Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:29 am; edited 7 times in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

We should raid the RuneScape Forums! Empty Re: We should raid the RuneScape Forums!

Post by Handeath Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:12 am

We could combine Demonology into a huge Summoning update:
Voodoo
Necromancy
Demonology

Zoantropy (?) is up there too.
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Number of posts : 955

Back to top Go down

We should raid the RuneScape Forums! Empty Re: We should raid the RuneScape Forums!

Post by The Empty Lord Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:20 am

Pfft, separate skills boiii! Tongue

But yes, Demonology is quite a rounded off suggestion... it's simple enough that even if there isn't a written copy it shouldn't be too hard to pull off. Smile
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:39 pm

I don't really see those as seperate skills, you are after all bringing beings from another realm into your own. They're like Spellbooks in my opinion. (Demons are high-risk, high-reward, or stat reductions. Voodoo is more defense based, and Necromancy is based more on more summons at once.)

How goes Pallis? And HA would be the trump card in our showcase.
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:58 pm

*sigh* You're probably right. Within the confines of RuneScape they probably would do well as a Summoning expansion... but they train and feature nothing likely Summoning. Demonology doesn't use summoning points, shards, pouches, obelisks, etc. I mean, it could, but then demons are pretty much just new familiars - and now it's a completely different suggestion. And if we don't use anything that currently features in Summoning, and thus Jagex is putting all the effort in anyway, why not put it under another name entirely? It's not like it's more or less effort. There as separate as Melee, Ranged and Magic... three different styles of the same thing. Voodoo is entirely different, it would feature under Magic surely (if we're going for as fewer skills as possible)?

Rambling again. Sigh

I'm not sure Pallis is anywhere near showcasing. Perhaps we just advertise this forum, and that be a goodie they find when they come here. But Homecoming Apocalypse is definitely plausible... but I fear we're talking a LOT of posts. Shame I can't do the lock-then-post method that you see some Greens doing... Wink

Shame RuneScape doesn't have any combo-skills other than Combat. Something like Summoning would be an umbrella, and then there would be the subset... although, Mysticism or something would encompass things like Zoanthropy and Voodoo better then "Summoning".

Mysticism - Level 20
- - Demonology - Level 10
- - Necromancy - Level 1
- - Summoning - Level 55
- - Voodoo - Level 2
- - Zoanthropy - Level 36

So there'd only be one button on the interface, but it has a subset of skills - each fully trainable. Although, that possibly wouldn't work. Level 20 Mysticism is hiding that level 55 quite a bit... perhaps ((highest)*9 + sum(others))/10 = 37? Or it could just display the highest. Although, regarding the current combat level, that's essentially how pures work. Smile

Wow... I really do ramble/go on tangents really easily. Confuse
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:43 pm

I thought that was what we planned to do with our suggestions when we were finished working on them anyway? Obviously that means I support this idea

One thing though, back in my day, it was TST (the suggestion team) not TSS
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1248

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:15 pm

Summoning is my territory. You can work all you like on Voodoo, Zoanthropy and Demonology, but working with familiars is an area I want to be specially assigned to working on.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 2641

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:42 pm

Morbius, you are not in any position to claim territory. No one really is.
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:54 pm

YEs and I want to eat human flesh morbius, but this forums aswell as life is a democracy
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1367

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:25 pm

Um...thanks for the back up dusk. I think...

AAAAAAARGH NOT MY KIDNEYS!!!
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:08 am

MorbiusMonster wrote:Summoning is my territory. You can work all you like on Voodoo, Zoanthropy and Demonology, but working with familiars is an area I want to be specially assigned to working on.

The point of this thread wasn't really to make new suggestions, but yeah, if you have any ideas.

Slayer10090 wrote:I thought that was what we planned to do with our suggestions when we were finished working on them anyway? Obviously that means I support this idea

One thing though, back in my day, it was TST (the suggestion team) not TSS

That's generally what you do with suggestions, yes. But I meant more a mass of them in one go, hence "raid". Wink

And The Suggestion Team is still TST, but we're The Suggestion Site. We've had previous discussions aimed at coming up with our acronym... but I never updated the website to reflect our name. Of course, the domain name still says suggestionteam but, and whilst that's as easy to change as anything, I can't just change it without you guys getting lost. Wink

The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:23 am

Well, do we actually have any fully completed ideas on here? Tongue
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Number of posts : 606

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:27 am

*shrugs*
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:10 am

Well then. We need to build an army...

Of suggestions! Muhaha Twisted Evil
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:35 am

Twisted Evil

I'll create a glossary on post 1. Smile
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:41 am

Tongue All I've got is quests.

And I think that when we finish up Mythics, that should be our big forum appearance! We would need probably...thirty pages of reserves? Maybe more?
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:46 am

Agreed. Smile

I has two weeks for Easter starting now, but I go home tomorrow so I should probably say "starting Sunday".

The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:00 am

Well, I *would* be writing over spring break, but my family decided it's road trip time...
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:35 am

Our army looks like its gonna be made up of 4 very big tanks right now.

Excuse the extended metaphor, but perhaps we should recruit some footsoldiers?
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:35 am

Jeeves wrote:Well, I *would* be writing over spring break, but my family decided it's road trip time...

Traditional mediums? Grin

Slayer10090 wrote:Our army looks like its gonna be made up of 4 very big tanks right now.

Excuse the extended metaphor, but perhaps we should recruit some footsoldiers?

Hehe. I could probably post some of my magic suggestions... although, Conjuring is probably a medic (to play along with the metaphor).
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:34 am

If the Svet Trilogy were up, it could fall under that catagory. Are the tanks Mythics, HA, Pallis, and such?

Zavionce and Arzonius could come to. Blaze, Morby hop to it!
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:48 am

What about Orbie's dungeoneering idea? Could that get done any time soon?
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:51 am

Well, assuming he either agrees with what's been proposes or proposes supplements... I see it's quite easily finished. Smile
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:38 pm

Traditional mediums being...paper and pencil? Old school, but I might be able to work something out. Tongue

And I could always pop some of my old quests out onto the forums along with everyone else, but they would only be good as cannon fodder.
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:59 pm

I've started reprising my old threads, so that's a start! Smile
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1668

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next