The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We should raid the RuneScape Forums!

+7
Jeeves
Duskcurse
Dark Avorian
MorbiusMonster
Slayer Noir
Handeath
The Empty Lord
11 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

We should raid the RuneScape Forums! - Page 4 Empty We should raid the RuneScape Forums!

Post by The Empty Lord Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:11 am

First topic message reminder :

I was thinking that we should raid the RuneScape Forums... with SUGGESTIONS! And use the prefix [TSS] to identify who we are.

We've been busy bees lately, and my Threads Profile is getting empty so I'm assuming that most of our old ideas have bean eaten... when better to revive them?

We could even transpose a few of our smaller, more handleable projects over and get some fresh eyes!

Whatcha think? Smile

The Army
Glossary of Suggestions!

Completed;
• Conjuring
• Gnomeball
• The Pirate King

Close to completion;
• Demonology
• Interactive Combat

Completion is possible;
• Homecoming Apocalypse
• Mythics' Quest
• Dungeoneering Expanse

Completion unlikely;
• Pallis, the Other World
• The Svet Triology

Last edited by 3mptylord on Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:29 am; edited 7 times in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

We should raid the RuneScape Forums! - Page 4 Empty Re: We should raid the RuneScape Forums!

Post by Blaze FF8 Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:26 pm

Gnomeball was in dire need of an upgrade or two, so that's good to hear. Tongue

Yeah, I've been busy lately too. It's good to know Mythics is still
being worked on, though. That and Homecoming Apocolypse were brimming
with epicness. And speaking of epic quests, is the Pirate King series still around? Smile

Blaze FF8
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Number of posts : 496

Back to top Go down

We should raid the RuneScape Forums! - Page 4 Empty Re: We should raid the RuneScape Forums!

Post by MorbiusMonster Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:26 pm

I've been working on other projects. Arzonus was laid to rest for a while, but I have been working on ideas such as Crash, R&C, Pokemon, Spectrobes etc.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 2641

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:55 am

Add "The Svet Trilogy" to Unlikely.
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Number of posts : 955

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:24 pm

Tongue Pirate King is in bits and pieces on the forums here, nonexistent on the real forums, but they're pretty much in-tact on my computer. Which may or may not have been put back in the attic before I could transfer the files again. Neutral So we'll see what we can do. But other than that, I hope there is plenty more epicness to follow as far as quests go!
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Number of posts : 606

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:55 pm

I am very likely to resubmit Arzonus in due time.

People need Arzonus.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:51 pm

People love Arzonus Grin
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Number of posts : 743

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze FF8 Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:40 pm

Good to hear it, Jeeves. If it's stored, it's intact for whenever it means to shine again. Tongue As far as quests go, I think our group came up with some of the best.

Weren't you intending to make a book out of Arzonus, Morbius? I thought that was the Dark Hero, or is that a different story?
Blaze FF8
Blaze FF8
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Number of posts : 496

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:20 am

I have been writing a book. The Dark Hero is set a few years before the events of Arzonus currently.

Here's how it works;

Nightfall (set the between five thousand and two thousand years before)

Dark Hero (set two years before)

Present Day

Legends in Genesis (set two years later)

Enemies of Mankind (set three years later)

The Diminishing Realms (set two hundred and five years later)
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:07 pm

So, when do you think will the raid be posted?
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:42 pm

Never. What is this forum if not high level thinkin-cap-time followed by an epic failure in actual organization.
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:54 pm

True 'nough. If Mythics ever got finished, though, I would post it without waiting for you guys. Tongue Just saying.
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:41 am

Grr. Angry

I was planning on quitting Runescape after The Raid (going out with a bang). I still am, but I was planning on quitting by early fall. Besides, we can get by with two more completed projects (preferablely Interactive Combat and HA).

Just wondering, where is everbody?
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:18 pm

I'm still here...but I somehow got a job this summer, so I'm not on too too much.
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:54 am

My computer is packed, so I'm living off my laptop. With only a single monitor, I forget to check websites that I would usually have open in the monitor beside my gaming screen. Sad

If I'm set to a non-quest writing task, I should be able to achieve it. Smile

But I fear I'm growing too out of touch. Sad
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:57 am

You can work on Demonolgy? It's most charts, it's a skill..
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:48 am

Hey guys, sorry for that sudden withdrawl. School was getting cumbersome, nad then I had to go to my state's governor's school for a month and we couldn't bring computers, so now I am back! Smile

The other day I was looking at my Azzai series and I was editing the hell out of it, improving the plots of some of the quests. I am now worsening the situation regarding the Priests and their tyrannical grip and threat to the clan. I don't really know how to do it, so if you can help, it would be much appreciated. Smile

I completely lost hope for Gielinor's Fiyre since the last time I posted it, literally no one new had posted their support for it, so I let it die. People read the Demonic Doll, but gave up with the Fiyre. I guess it should stay here. :\
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1668

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:51 am

The thing that struck me about the Fiyre was that it was LONG. Really long.
Perhaps the apparent lack of interest is just that people can't read all of it and feel unqualified to comment if they haven't. A shorter version summerising the key points of discussion for the suggestion may help revive that (and if you already have it, make it more obvious because I didn't find it skimming through).
If you can give people enough information to discuss the story without having to read the entire thing, interest may pick up. Anyway, don't give in

Besides, when we officially raid, we should all be bumping eachother's content. That should increase interest (Y)
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1248

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:02 am

hmmm...... clever..... I can post a summary of the whole quest.... sounds interesting... but it might reach the length of 2 posts, though...

I do have that tendency to write a LOT... haha....
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:27 am

If its too long, let someone else look at it and edit it down. If you struggle to write within a limit, then someone who can will help. Plus they can tell you if the summary makes sense on its own.

It occurred to me recently that I haven't really contributed to other peoples ideas much recently, so to be fair (since I enjoy it when other people contribute to mine), I'd happily help you with this

By the way, have we got an official date set for the raid yet?
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:37 am

thank you! However, I have made some made some crazy cuts so it should be more user-friendly to my Azzai series.

For Gielinor's Fiyre, should I post a very detailed summary of it on the ROSF and direct people to our offsite to finish? I could entise people with the Demonic Doll, as it does tend to popular...until I release Gielinor's Fiyre...
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:50 am

You know, as a marketing strategy for the raid, that's actually a pretty good way of getting people interesting in the Suggestion Guild and onto the site. Whether its practical for your suggestion needs to be decided by you though.

I think we need to have a discussion about the actual objectives of the raid and what, other than suggestions, we'll do to achieve them. Are we just trying to raise the profile of TSG or trying to expand and gain new members?
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:34 am

Well, we have discussed what we want to accomplish with the raid: to get our suggestions in the watchful eyes of Jagex and/or the various players who are on the forums to renew interest in our group and possibly have our content put in the game (or at least influence it).

But before Jagex can consider, we have to get support the community. So yeah, either we bring them here or keep them there is critical step. I also think we need to kinder to those whose suggestions aren't great if we want people to join our ranks. I know that sounds a little silly, but there are some people here that rip ideas to shreds...not naming anyone in particular... *cough* *cough*

I also think this raid should be happening at a moderate rate; not overwhelming, but we have to have quite a varied collection of suggestions to present, including the writers.
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:42 am

I agree. We should target suggesters of all levels - its just as important to develop the less able suggesters as it is to work with the best, and it would be great to get some new members

Do you think we should actively seek out people and invite them as part of our raid?
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:47 am

Like how? Go to various off-site forums and get them to organize an event to raid the forums at once?
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:57 am

No. Just start inviting people to the suggestion site as we increase our profile. They don't need to be active raiders
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:20 am

But what about the suggestions we have here? SHould we post them all at once?
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next