The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weaver, Guardian of the Venom Diamond

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Weaver, Guardian of the Venom Diamond - Page 2 Empty Weaver, Guardian of the Venom Diamond

Post by Slayer Noir Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:18 am

First topic message reminder :

Ok, so I've picked myself a guardian and I'm setting to work making a miniquest/boss fight

Weaver, Guardian of the Venom Diamond

-Background
Weaver is a Spyder - an evolutionary offshoot of normal spiders caused by prolonged exposure to the venom diamond. Powerful even when she was an ordinary spider, as a Spyder, she is ferociously strong: the 8 feet expected on a spider have been replaced by 8 venom tipped spikes, on her abdomen she has a stinger which is also venom tipped, her huge jaws contain (you guessed it) venom and her spine is protected by venom-green armored plates. In short, she is the essence of venom. Oh, and she's about the size of a dragon.

To make matters worse, in the webbed world where Weaver has been guarding her diamond, she has been breeding

So where is Weaver's lair? I can tell you that its entrance lies deep in the Skavid caves of the Feldip Hills, however, your character will have to find that out for himself

-Skills and Quests Required
Slayer (level undecided)
Firemaking (level undecided)
Agility (level undecided)
Smithing (level undecided)

-Reaching the Boss
So I don't know whether there's a central character guiding you to the diamonds, or whatever, but somehow your character will learn of a retired slayer master known as Orelus - the only man to visit Weaver's lair and return.
To find and fight Weaver, you'll have to track him down.

-The Boss Fight
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1248

Back to top Go down

Weaver, Guardian of the Venom Diamond - Page 2 Empty Re: Weaver, Guardian of the Venom Diamond

Post by Dragon78114 Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:09 am

Okay. That at least makes it more reasonable.

Now, if you die, would that force you to restart the battle, or start where you left off?

Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1668

Back to top Go down

Weaver, Guardian of the Venom Diamond - Page 2 Empty Re: Weaver, Guardian of the Venom Diamond

Post by Slayer Noir Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:19 am

It would defeat the object of "endurance" if you can restock by dying, and there's no real way to stop someone restocking.

Frustrating, yeah, but Nomad and Vanstorm (the only 2 bosses I've hard to retry several times) would've been no challenge if I could restart from where I left off every time they killed me. No boss would be. And I am proud of myself for beating them because they were challenging.

I've deliberately made the rest of the quest short and convenient to compensate for the potential lengthiness of the endurance battle. That wasn't just me being lazy, honest Smile
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1248

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:14 am

Good point. Alright, well I approve and this is pretty cool idea.

"I've deliberately made the rest of the quest short and convenient to compensate for the potential lengthiness of the endurance battle."

Well I didn't think that was laziness at all. I would go insane to go one a four, five hour long adventure, culminating with a 100-monster boss battle... lol
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1668

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2