The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Closet Talk (Rated R a la Morbius)

+5
Dragon78114
Duskcurse
Slayer Noir
The Empty Lord
MorbiusMonster
9 posters

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Closet Talk (Rated R a la Morbius) - Page 2 Empty Closet Talk (Rated R a la Morbius)

Post by MorbiusMonster Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:17 pm

First topic message reminder :

So, let me get this straight...

Most of us here are either gay or bi?

Damn...
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 2641

Back to top Go down

Closet Talk (Rated R a la Morbius) - Page 2 Empty Re: Closet Talk (Rated R a la Morbius)

Post by Dragon78114 Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:53 pm

"It's what I am, not who I am."

I've been told the opposite all my life. "Its who you are, not what you are."

Don't know what I mean? Come to America. Go to the Deep South. Stay for a week or two and when you come back to England, you'll realize what the hell is going on. Oh, and say hello to the Westboro Baptist Church if you run into one of their "protests." Wink

With that crazy mess, yeah, it takes guts.

Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1668

Back to top Go down

Closet Talk (Rated R a la Morbius) - Page 2 Empty Re: Closet Talk (Rated R a la Morbius)

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:35 pm

I know all that Wink
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:59 am

I changed my relation status on Facebook to "In an open relationship". My sister phoned and now she knows.

Not exactly the most orthodox method...
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:54 am

My sister still doesn't think I am gay. Even though I have told her many times. But good for you! Smile
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:11 am

Haha. I don't know if my parents know, but I'm confident they've guesses. No idea about my sisters. Sigh

I've told my cousin a few times but he doesn't believe me, and several of my friends regularly forget. XD
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:30 am

You better tell them. It is better to tell them know and not believe than have them not know. Wink

"I've told my cousin a few times but he doesn't believe me, and several of my friends regularly forget."

Story of my life. I have people at my school have no idea of my sexuality, and others know instantly. My family in general still doesn't believe.
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:42 am

>implying they need to know

Wink

For me it's not a case of disbelief but more a lack of evidence. I'm not "gay enough".
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:49 am

I now feel a little stuck on two villains in the Nightmare Begins. Previously, I had wanted both the Hydromancer and General Frost to be a divorced couple (part of the proceedings were Fugitive Island, the resulting legal case saw it divided in two) that wished to remarry when they kill the player.

Now, General Frost and the Hydromancer are both male so I feel a little awkward with making the two villains being a gay couple in case it gets misinterpreted as being insensitive, eventhough I am gay myself.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:51 am

3mptylord wrote:>implying they need to know

Closet Talk (Rated R a la Morbius) - Page 2 642246

For me it's not a case of disbelief but more a lack of evidence. I'm not "gay enough".

How can you not be "gay enough"? In the past I did have "girlfriends", but pretty much my mum believed me when I said I was gay. I just cited a case where I had a close friend, which was a genuine case for me feeling attracted to him, and that's all she needed to know.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:54 am

*shrugs*

It's entirely up to you. It's your artistic integrity. If it's key to the story, then you should keep it as it is. If its irrelevant to the story, then you only need to answer to why it's the relationship is their in the first place.

I say all this irrelevant so sexuality. I'd question heterosexual relationships if they were unnecessary. You could always just be clever about it. Make it obvious to a reader if they choose to see it, but never explicitly say anything. Part of art is intreptation.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:58 am

MorbiusMonster wrote:
3mptylord wrote:>implying they need to know

Closet Talk (Rated R a la Morbius) - Page 2 642246

How can you not be "gay enough"? In the past I did have "girlfriends", but pretty much my mum believed me when I said I was gay. I just cited a case where I had a close friend, which was a genuine case for me feeling attracted to him, and that's all she needed to know.

Because I'm not the stereotype that the media forces down people's throats? How should I know? Like I said, it's not disbelief that I'm gay. Merely they can't see me being gay. And by "they" I mean friends and acquaintances and shiz in my generation. This isn't coming from family, except my cousin. I think most adults are just too afraid of appearing insensitive.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:28 am

The discussion is losing momentum; I didn't actually mind talking about being gay with everyone here.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:33 am

>Implying there's anything to talk about.

No-one else is online, really. If you're so eager you should at least wait fr people to be online to decide the conversation is getting stale.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:23 am

wait, why did you changed general frost and the hydromacer genders?
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1367

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:25 am

They were both male to start with.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:58 am

3mptylord wrote:
Because I'm not the stereotype that the media forces down people's throats? How should I know? Like I said, it's not disbelief that I'm gay. Merely they can't see me being gay. And by "they" I mean friends and acquaintances and shiz in my generation. This isn't coming from family, except my cousin. I think most adults are just too afraid of appearing insensitive.

Nah, I'd say that it's a want to believe in the stereotypes. And unfortunately, the stereotype for a gay male is the one that registers with most people. I think it is because people stick on to extremes; not to average things. If a gay man acts pretty average, people don't assume. However, if you act super-feminine, then people assume. Its like giving them a reason to think you are gay and a reason to think differently about you. It is incredibly frustrating, but it happens like every time.

Although, most straight kids at my school cannot determine whether or not the two most obviously gay teachers are...so that comes from a fear of being insensitive either that or an incredibly bad gay-dar. (each class at my school is getting more straight, which is very depressing)

MorbiusMonster wrote:The discussion is losing momentum; I didn't actually mind talking about being gay with everyone here.

? why? Sorry if you felt excluded? We're still talking about homosexuality?
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:20 am

Well, this weekend has been brilliant. I came out, did a great picture and got some more work done for Arzonus, particularly a remade edit of Wolven Traditions.

Seriously, I am trying to find ways of keeping the conversation going about being gay. It's something I really want to talk about.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:12 am

But we're still talking about being gay....
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:18 am

Secretly he's just disappointed he's not the only fag queer gay, and we're talking about us and not him. Wink

(Edit: Sorry, I like the slang words.)
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:26 am

So I've figured that out. Rolling Eyes
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:45 am

It's actually impressive how many words there are for it. Smile
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:21 am

And you know only the english ones XD
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:22 am

Off the top of my head:
Queer, ponce, dandy, daffy, fairy, faggot, gay, homo, cockmonlger, bum bandit, fudge packer, ass pirate, bender, poof, nancy, queen and poofter. Lez, dyke, and rug muncher for lesbians. The only ones I don't really like are ponce, fairy, nancy and queen.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:55 am

hmm intresting, lol, so you too are gay 3mpty?
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:01 pm

Yup, you're surrounded by us.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:07 pm

No, Slayer is like me, and Dak is bi, so not all of you are gay, and, I don't think that I know what is Handeath in all of this
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next